Do you enjoy easy games?

• 135 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

Because I don't... I enjoy frustrating games like Ninja Gaiden on Nes. I think difficulty settings and a good balance is a must for every game. When I play a game that is too easy I feel like I'm wasting my time, especially if the story and characters are not even that great either. I like using every cheap trick I can discover without feeling bad because the enemies/bosses are just as cheap. It makes me feel all warm in the inside. ;)

There different kinds of hard though. There are those like Catherine that are frustrating in a way that I don't enjoy. I have never liked games about puzzle solving but I do like strategy in games with a more traditional setting like war or saving the world. I don't enjoy commanding faceless armies like you do in RTS games either. But anyway, a decent challenge is a must.

Boddicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Boddicker
Member since 2012 • 4458 Posts

Definitely not, but I don't enjoy controller breaking games either.

I like a bit of challenge, and I always play my games on Hard mode or whatever the equivalent is even on my first playthrough.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

I enjoy fun games. Dont care if they're easy or not.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

lemmings do they enjoy titanfall

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5  Edited By Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21700 Posts

If I love the gameplay, then yeah. Just because I'm good at hard games doesn't mean that I can't find enjoyment in easy ones.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#6 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14414 Posts

@lglz1337 said:

lemmings do they enjoy titanfall

Worst post of the year. Now get out.

Yeah, I don't care if the game is easy or hard. Just as long as it's fun to play.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

I usually play on easy because i feel its the best way to fully enjoy the game for me, no frustration, no raging, no throwing controllers just pure fun and enjoyment for the story.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

Depends on why it's hard. Like I don't enjoy hard modes in games where the enemies just become bullet sponges.

Kiro0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Kiro0
Member since 2009 • 1176 Posts

Yeah sure. Difficulty doesn't always have to correlate directly to enjoyment after all. Sometimes I just want to play something relatively easy and relaxing. Or I'm just playing through it for the story. The Mass Effect series for example is a chore to play on higher difficulties because every enemy is suddenly an insane bullet sponge all the time. That's not fun for me. The challenge of something like Call of Duty 4 on Veteran however is right up my alley.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52424 Posts

Depends on the game, but I don't go after higher difficulties anymore, unless I really, really like the game.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60705 Posts

Doesn't matter to me as long as it's fun to play.

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

#12  Edited By PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

I just enjoy a game if it's fun.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#13 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

Most of my favorite games are fairly easy. It's more about the overall experience for me.

Some games are easy to a fault tho. I'm thinking Prince of Persia '08 for PS3/360. There was never any sense of tension in the gameplay. I still enjoyed it tho.

mbrockway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By mbrockway
Member since 2007 • 3560 Posts

I almost always play shooters on easy since I play them for the singleplayer story. Basically looking for an action movie roller coaster ride. I tend not to enjoy the actual shooting gameplay so I try not to prolong it. I absolutely adore the Souls series though, and love dungeon crawlers. So depends on what your definition of easy or hard is.

If the gameplay is good and I enjoy it the game doesn't need to be easy.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#15  Edited By PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

No, i usually play on the hardest difficulty level, especially RPGs. It's and incentive to explore and play cautiously.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18251 Posts

Depends on my mood, sometimes i just want to pick a game and enjoy it, even if is not challenging, for example some of the levels in Super Mario 3D World are insanely fun to play even if they are easy, sometimes i want to push my limits and test my skill in games like Bayonetta or some figthing games with insane difficulty,

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@finalstar2007 said:

I usually play on easy because i feel its the best way to fully enjoy the game for me, no frustration, no raging, no throwing controllers just pure fun and enjoyment for the story.

you know... there are better forms of story telling that don't challenge your mind/reflexes/whatever else....

I did that with persona 4 .... I regret it, the game was a walk over.... I don't see the point in games if you are not being challenged.... you mayaswell watch it on youtube,

Back on topic... I enjoy them if the gameplay is fun.... I cant play one just because of story... I find a game that focuses on story and has bad gameplay... is a CRAP game...... you have toe best or worst story.... but here are better ways to enjoy stories.

Mario games are easy... yet very enjoyable.... putting games on Hard/Heroic ... is not enjoyable... its the tackiest form of "difficulty"....

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

Depends, most of the time I play on normal but there some games that I'll play on hard. My friend told me to play TLOU on hard mode because on the easier modes you ended up with tons of supplies and it skewed the game. Playing on hard meant I had to think about how I would approach 3 clickers armed with a 2x4 and a shiv.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46199 Posts

@clyde46 said:

Depends, most of the time I play on normal but there some games that I'll play on hard. My friend told me to play TLOU on hard mode because on the easier modes you ended up with tons of supplies and it skewed the game. Playing on hard meant I had to think about how I would approach 3 clickers armed with a 2x4 and a shiv.

Hmmmm, I should go check out that harder mode...

I explored everything in TLOU, got a lot of stuff, and that made the game very easy for me. But I thought that was because I explored :(

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

Depends on the type of game, why it's hard, etc. If it's too easy, to the point i fell the game is playing itself, no, i don't like it. Games are interactive mediums, so if in the middle of a combat/adversity type situation and the actual challenge isn't there, it kind of ruins it. But not every game needs to feel like a challenge for me anyway. Besides, not using upgrades, increasing difficulty settings, etc, can help if i feel it's too easy.

Besides, i tend to prefer PVP for "harder games". I honeslty find losing to other peole less frustration since it's just about the competative aspect. It can be annoying, and emotions get high sometimes, but it's just about fun in the end.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#21  Edited By k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

too easy? NO

TOO hard? HELL NO

I specially hate games that just increase health and give AI x ray vision seeing through walls so soon as you pop up from cover from new spot they are already tagging you in the face

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

@clyde46 said:

I explored everything in TLOU, got a lot of stuff, and that made the game very easy for me. But I thought that was because I explored :(

I highly recommend replaying it on hard. I was too searching all over the levels but I found jack shit most of the time XD

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#23 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9394 Posts

maybe if they have a good story, but I do prefer at least a little challenge.

Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#24 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts

Two of my three favorite games (Final Fantasy X and Half Life 2) were both pretty easy. I don't remember the third (Final Fantasy XII) being particularly difficult either.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

I can enjoy an easy game, but I have my limits.

I remember trying Kirbys Epic Yarn. The game had plenty of cool stuff about it, but it was just too easy for me to push on.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

@mems_1224 said:

This. If they're too easy they're boring. At the opposite end of the spectrum if they're overly frustrating I won't play them either. Gaming is about enjoyment. It shouldn't be a second job.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46199 Posts

@clyde46 said:

I highly recommend replaying it on hard. I was too searching all over the levels but I found jack shit most of the time XD

I found a lot. I'm a real horder though, didn't use most of it until one of the last parts of the game with all the infeced in the tunnel.

Always had about 2 health kits ready at any time.

In the DLC I was completely lost, I had almost nothing :'(

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

Depends if it's still fun to play or not... But generally, I don't like difficult games that frustrate me. It takes the enjoyment out of it if I'm constantly dying or whatever.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

I noticed you used the word "frustrating" specifically.... I love difficult challenges but frustration just means your banging your head against the wall not making any progress.. Its wasted effort.

I like the type of challenge that involves clever strategies that can't be memorized, almost unique in each encounter.... Its important to avoid anything that can be cirmcumvented using brute force and sheer persistance... like Adventure games and RPGs. :p

I also like Speed/Timing/Reflex based difficulty.... Its an easy way of making something more challenging.... Just do it faster ;)

PyratRum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By PyratRum
Member since 2013 • 778 Posts

@clyde46 said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

@clyde46 said:

+1

On the harder difficulties you search and explore out of necessity more than anything else... which is usually jack shit.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#31 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58847 Posts

Games like Assassins Creed feel pointless specifically due to the difficulty.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

Depends. Easy games can be incredibly fun like the Uncharted games, but too easy will stop me wanting to play it after a while. I need some small challenge at least

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

@mbrockway said:

I almost always play shooters on easy since I play them for the singleplayer story. Basically looking for an action movie roller coaster ride. I tend not to enjoy the actual shooting gameplay so I try not to prolong it. I absolutely adore the Souls series though, and love dungeon crawlers. So depends on what your definition of easy or hard is.

Stories in games generally suck, I skip cutscenes whenever the game allows me to. Running through a game on easy would be entirely pointless to me as the story adds little or no value IMO.

That being said, I usually play a games on normal the first time and try to at least give the story a chance. However after that, I will play on Veteran/Legendary difficulty and skip all cutscenes. Sometimes if the story is bad, i will tune out the story or skip cutscenes even during the 1st playthrough.

I don't much care for very high difficulty games either. I just like it to be a nice moderate challenge so I'm not just blowing right through it.

Avatar image for paraskhos_basic
paraskhos_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By paraskhos_basic
Member since 2002 • 1243 Posts

i like balanced games.

mbrockway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 mbrockway
Member since 2007 • 3560 Posts

@2Chalupas said:

@mbrockway said:

Stories in games generally suck, I skip cutscenes whenever the game allows me to. Running through a game on easy would be entirely pointless to me as the story adds little or no value IMO.

That being said, I usually play a games on normal the first time and try to at least give the story a chance. However after that, I will play on Veteran/Legendary difficulty and skip all cutscenes. Sometimes if the story is bad, i will tune out the story or skip cutscenes even during the 1st playthrough.

I don't much care for very high difficulty games either. I just like it to be a nice moderate challenge so I'm not just blowing right through it.

If the story is bad I won't play it. BF3 I just stopped after the 3rd mission, I don't care how pretty it is. BF4 I managed to push through in spite of how stupid it was and how much I hated your team-mates because it was easy and fast. TLOU I loved, Binary Domain I loved, State of Decay I loved. My backlog is huge right now, its probably over 100 now across all systems. I don't need to wring every little drop of joy out of every game, and I'm not going to waste time on a game that doesn't give me a reason to play.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Lulu_Lulu

@clyde46

Thats not Hard at all..... If you don't have enough resources then either sneak past them or die trying....

I mean if you don't have the resources then you just don't have'em.... Why people like stressing over this is beyond me.

When I played TLOU I simply tailored my playstyle to the resources I had and it made everything kinda boring, it was a poor attempt at difficulty.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#38  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@Gue1: Not at all. I just get bored and turn them off if they are too easy.

Honestly, today's games are super easy on the hardest settings. I typically start a new game on HARD and then proceed to get all the achievements/Platinum if I like the game playing again on a new HARDER setting that is usually unlocked after you beat it once.
I don't like frusterating games, but I was raised in the older days and todays games are so easy I get bored with some of them.

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#39 93BlackHawk93
Member since 2010 • 8611 Posts

Yes, I enjoy easy games.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#40 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

@mems_1224 said:

Same. I usually play on Normal first, if I like the game a lot I try the harder levels. But in the end if the game is fun to be pushing buttons in, and paying attention to the story and characters then I play it. I'll go back on easy level years later to enjoy a games story sometimes.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#41 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

@finalstar2007 said:

I usually do that after I have played it on the normal or hard levels. It is enjoyable to do that.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

No, im actually playing every game on the hardest available difficulty for my first playthrough. At first i was doing this for achievements on 360 and it them became an habit.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Lulu_Lulu

Theres alot of Cheap, Lazy, Artificial Difficulty these days across multiple genres. As the narratives "improve" the gameplay and balance goes down the toilet....

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 ConanTheStoner

@Gue1 said:

Because I don't... I enjoy frustrating games like Ninja Gaiden on Nes.

Also, I'll never get this.

I don't mean this towards you specifically Gue1, but just in general BECAUSE I SEE IT ALL THE TIME lol. The NG games on NES were nothing really. Soooo many games back then were far more difficult. But I always see NG name dropped like it was the killer hard game of its time. I just don't get it really.

I was 7 years old when I got Ninja Gaiden. I beat it the same night I got it. I was 9 or 10 when I got Ninja Gaiden 2. Again, I beat the game that night. I can think of dozens of NES games that were far more difficult. As a matter of fact, I'd argue that the NG games were among the easier titles back then.

Play some Legacy of the Wizard, Adventures of Bayou Billy, Street Fighter 2010, Battle of Olympus, Castlevania 3, Contra, etc.. and try telling me that Ninja Gaiden is hard lol. And don't even get me started on the truly broken games.

sandbox3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 sandbox3d
Member since 2010 • 5166 Posts

@ConanTheStoner:

Right? Even games like SMB2 and Double Dragon were more difficult than Ninja Gaiden.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 ConanTheStoner

@sandbox3d said:

@ConanTheStoner:

Right? Even games like SMB2 and Double Dragon were more difficult than Ninja Gaiden.

If we're talking original DD then yeah I agree. DD2 and DD3 were about on the same level as NG.

I always figured that I just sucked at SMB2, but yeah, that game kicked my ass more than NG ever did.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#47  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@Gue1 said:

Because I don't... I enjoy frustrating games like Ninja Gaiden on Nes. I think difficulty settings and a good balance is a must for every game. When I play a game that is too easy I feel like I'm wasting my time, especially if the story and characters are not even that great either. I like using every cheap trick I can discover without feeling bad because the enemies/bosses are just as cheap. It makes me feel all warm in the inside. ;)

There different kinds of hard though. There are those like Catherine that are frustrating in a way that I don't enjoy. I have never liked games about puzzle solving but I do like strategy in games with a more traditional setting like war or saving the world. I don't enjoy commanding faceless armies like you do in RTS games either. But anyway, a decent challenge is a must.

I enjoy some easy games yes.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

Like a lot of posters in this thread, I care if the game is enjoyable. A game can be easy and fun, hard and terrible, or vice versa.

PsychoLemons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 PsychoLemons
Member since 2011 • 3183 Posts

If it's fun.

-ParaNormaN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 -ParaNormaN-
Member since 2013 • 1573 Posts

Depends. If it's a beat em up that I can go to after a bad day just to brutally kick the AI's with a bat then I don't mind.