Do you consider the wii eww a next gen console?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by TheKingIAm (1531 posts) 1 year, 6 months ago

Poll: Do you consider the wii eww a next gen console? (94 votes)

Yes 57%
No 43%

Whenever SW talks about next gen it's always about the X1 and PS4, never the wii u. I mean the wii u is only as powerful as the last gen consoles so I can see why many dont conside it a true next gen console. Generations dont only have to apply to predecessors and successors, it can also apply to the generation level of the specs.

#101 Posted by darkspineslayer (20370 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

@Whiteblade999 said:

Yeah it is, power is really irrelevant because good games are what carry a system. Too bad the Wii U has pretty much nothing for RPG fans as of right now.

But next year it gets X and Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem

It's so cute that you think SMTXFE is coming anytime soon.

#102 Edited by charizard1605 (61036 posts) -

@darkspineslayer said:

@charizard1605 said:

@Whiteblade999 said:

Yeah it is, power is really irrelevant because good games are what carry a system. Too bad the Wii U has pretty much nothing for RPG fans as of right now.

It's so cute that you think SMTXFE is coming anytime soon.

#2014Believe

#103 Posted by charizard1605 (61036 posts) -

Also come online

#104 Posted by Shottayouth13- (6862 posts) -

When will idiots like the TC realize that the term generation suggests time, and time alone. Not power, not specs, time.

The Wii U is a next gen console.

#105 Edited by Whiteblade999 (5579 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

@Whiteblade999 said:

Bolded part of my original post. Not trying to be a dick here, but I don't care what is promised or what is coming down the pipeline. A system either has games to make me buy in (and get interested in the future catalog) or it doesn't at this very moment. They should use some of that buddy buddy power they have with Sega and do more then just SMT X FE. It doesn't have to be Persona 5, but ANYTHING would be a welcome change from the current nothing. Even quick Persona ports would work.

#106 Posted by kazrium (1545 posts) -

Yes, and here is why chummy chum-chum. Nintendo is not competing with the PS4 or the XO. Nintendo only competes with Nintendo. This is rule one. The Wii-U is obviously superior to the Wii, thus Nintendo has won system wars. Good day.

#107 Edited by trollop_scat (2655 posts) -

The WiiU is next-gen for Nintendo, in the sense that all their IPs will finally be in HD (sorta, 720 isn't exactly HD these days)). To Sony and Microsoft fans, and especially to true hermits, the WiiU is in no way next gen...

#108 Posted by blamix (203 posts) -

I'll rather have a wii.u play games on 1080p than 720p

#109 Posted by Cheleman (7865 posts) -

Yes, absolutely. More so than the Xbox One. That poor excuse of a console can't even do 1080p LOL

#110 Posted by trugs26 (5857 posts) -

This thread is last gen.

#111 Posted by kazrium (1545 posts) -

Wii-U = #1. Anything else is wrong.

#112 Posted by Netret0120 (2871 posts) -

TheKingIAm makes plenty of Wii U threads for someone who hates it so much.

I believe we have a closet fan in our midsto_O

#113 Edited by PsychoLemons (2361 posts) -

Technically, it is.

#114 Posted by Kenny789 (10273 posts) -

@trugs26 said:

This thread is last gen.

Best thing posted so far. Good job sir!

#115 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (26249 posts) -

@HaRmLeSS_RaGe said:

No not really. People try and say console generations are based on time only but that's bollocks. Every gen in history has had a significant performance upgrade as the primary motivator for new hardware. Just because Nintendo decide to buck that trend doesn't change things.

WiiU is just as much Gen 8 as PS4 and Xbox One.

Not just in the Time Frame, but in terms of features as well.

Xbox One has TV integration in the console and so does the WiiU. For All 3 Game Systems You can download games directly from their in system stores, and each system I believe as a Social Network function.

WiiU is Next Gen. It's just not "Next Gen" enough for people's taste. (IE. Graphics.)

#116 Posted by TheKingIAm (1531 posts) -

@PsychoLemons said:

Technically, it is.

Technically speaking, it isn't.

#117 Posted by nintendoman562 (5593 posts) -

If game console generations are determined by power, then familial generations are determined by intelligence. I guess that would make you a member of the first generation of your family.

#118 Posted by PsychoLemons (2361 posts) -

@TheKingIAm said:

@PsychoLemons said:

Technically, it is.

Technically speaking, it isn't.

Like I said before and before again. Generations is determined by time not power.

#119 Edited by TheKingIAm (1531 posts) -

@nintendoman562:

@nintendoman562 said:

If game console generations are determined by power, then familial generations are determined by intelligence. I guess that would make you a member of the first generation of your family.

That makes no sense. As generations go buy so does technology. If nvidia released a card with 360 level of power, because of the time it released, does that make it an up to date card?

#120 Posted by nicecall (528 posts) -

it came out with specs that were weaker then the ps3 and 360 so its definitely not next gen. the wii U is what the original wii should have been back 6 years ago