Do you consider the wii eww a next gen console?

• 118 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by TheKingIAm (985 posts) 8 months, 29 days ago

Poll: Do you consider the wii eww a next gen console? (94 votes)

Yes 57%
No 43%

Whenever SW talks about next gen it's always about the X1 and PS4, never the wii u. I mean the wii u is only as powerful as the last gen consoles so I can see why many dont conside it a true next gen console. Generations dont only have to apply to predecessors and successors, it can also apply to the generation level of the specs.

#51 Edited by MonsieurX (28766 posts) -

@TheKingIAm said:

@freedomfreak: If it was like the ps2 of next gen, I would agree but because it's only on par with the last gen consoles, it's last gen.

This is glorious

#52 Edited by HaRmLeSS_RaGe (1270 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:

@HaRmLeSS_RaGe said:

No not really. People try and say console generations are based on time only but that's bollocks. Every gen in history has had a significant performance upgrade as the primary motivator for new hardware. Just because Nintendo decide to buck that trend doesn't change things.

You really really seem to have a fascination with Nintendo products. I suggest picking up their products and playing them.

#53 Edited by AmazonTreeBoa (16484 posts) -

No I don't. I consider it in the same gen as the 360/PS3.

#54 Edited by jer_1 (7419 posts) -

Not really. It's more of a .5 than a real step into "next gen".

#55 Edited by TheKingIAm (985 posts) -

@DarkLink77: The wii ewww is not a half step at all. The DC graphics are waaay closer to the ps2 that the ps1

#56 Edited by AmazonTreeBoa (16484 posts) -

@TheKingIAm said:

@psymon100: It's not JUST the weakest, it's as weak as the 8 year old PS3 and 360 which is absolutely pathetic no matter how you try to justify it

It's actually quite a bit more powerful than the PS3 or the 360.

People keep saying that, yet none of the games have shown it yet.

#58 Edited by TheKingIAm (985 posts) -

@AmazonTreeBoa: Exactly, not one wii ewww game looks better than the best ps3 and 360 games

#59 Posted by TheKingIAm (985 posts) -
#60 Posted by LJS9502_basic (149539 posts) -

@TheKingIAm said:

@DarkLink77: The wii ewww is not a half step at all. The DC graphics are waaay closer to the ps2 that the ps1

But DC at launch didn't look that much better than what was already offered on the PS1

You might need some glasses....

#61 Edited by McStrongfast (4262 posts) -

Sure, why not. What does it matter?

#62 Posted by TheKingIAm (985 posts) -

@McStrongfast: What do you mean "why does it matter?" Because you're paying $300+ on a crappy console with the same capabilities of 8 year old consoles!

#63 Posted by NFJSupreme (5032 posts) -

No I do not. I consider the WiiU to be what the Wii should have been. Just like I didn't think the original wii was next gen. In fact the Wii U is in the exact same place the Wii was. A little bit stronger than the previous gen but not that much stronger to make it a generational leap and way behind the two "next gen" consoles.

#64 Posted by LJS9502_basic (149539 posts) -

No I do not. I consider the WiiU to be what the Wii should have been. Just like I didn't think the original wii was next gen. In fact the Wii U is in the exact same place the Wii was. A little bit stronger than the previous gen but not that much stronger to make it a generational leap and way behind the two "next gen" consoles.

Another individual that doesn't get console generations....

#65 Edited by TheKingIAm (985 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic: The rule of increasing hardware according to the gen doesn't change just because nintengodno didn't follow suit

#66 Posted by NFJSupreme (5032 posts) -

@NFJSupreme said:

Another individual who fails at reading comprehension. It's ok. I've found that a lot of people here don't comprehend well so let me explain to avoid any confusion.

The question was "do you consider the wii u a next gen console?" Read that carefully and examine what the key word is here. For the sake of time it's consider. In the context in which consider is used in this sentence "consider" means to form an opinion about or judge. Look up the word in any dictionary and you will find that's the 2nd or 3rd definition you see. Anyway he asked if we considered it next gen. In other words he was asking for our opinion not for what the rules and regulations are on console generations. I know and fully understand what a console generation is but this isn't the topic of discussion. The topic is do we consider it next gen. Or in other words do we deem, think, or regard it as (all synynoms of consider btw) "next gen". My answer to that is no I do not consider it as next gen, because in my opinion it isn't powerful enough to be worthy of that tittle even for a console.

Hopefully this helps you understand what we are talking about here and you can add something meaningful to the conversation.

#67 Posted by bbkkristian (14771 posts) -

Kazilla is mad hard for the Wii U apparently. He's talking about it more than a lovestruck little girl talking about a boy she likes.

#68 Edited by LJS9502_basic (149539 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:

@NFJSupreme said:

Another individual who fails at reading comprehension. It's ok. I've found that a lot of people here don't comprehend well so let me explain to avoid any confusion.

The question was "do you consider the wii u a next gen console?" Read that carefully and examine what the key word is here. For the sake of time it's consider. In the context in which consider is used in this sentence "consider" means to form an opinion about or judge. Look up the word in any dictionary and you will find that's the 2nd or 3rd definition you see. Anyway he asked if we considered it next gen. In other words he was asking for our opinion not for what the rules and regulations are on console generations. I know and fully understand what a console generation is but this isn't the topic of discussion. The topic is do we consider it next gen. Or in other words do we deem, think, or regard it as (all synynoms of consider btw) "next gen". My answer to that is no I do not consider it as next gen, because in my opinion it isn't powerful enough to be worthy of that tittle even for a console.

Hopefully this helps you understand what we are talking about here and you can add something meaningful to the conversation.

Did read it carefully....and it still shows a lack of knowledge about console generations. Nothing but....

#69 Posted by YearoftheSnake5 (6876 posts) -

Kazilla is mad hard for the Wii U apparently. He's talking about it more than a lovestruck little girl talking about a boy she likes.

Reminds me of darkdude and other, now banned, Nintendo closet fans.

#70 Posted by bbkkristian (14771 posts) -
#71 Edited by seanmcloughlin (38168 posts) -

Of course it's a next gen system. A lot of people on SW are just fvcking idiots

#72 Posted by cainetao11 (15952 posts) -

@McStrongfast: What do you mean "why does it matter?" Because you're paying $300+ on a crappy console with the same capabilities of 8 year old consoles!

But as you said he's paying $300....etc. Why does it matter to you whether someone values the WiiU?

#73 Posted by TheKingIAm (985 posts) -

@seanmcloughlin: You're right. These sheep are so freaking blind and will defend any crap made by nintengodno

#74 Edited by dogfather76 (588 posts) -

I do. It needs more games though.

#75 Posted by timbers_WSU (5753 posts) -

Kaszilla.
Proof that accidents happen.

#76 Posted by lundy86_4 (42687 posts) -

Yes.

#77 Edited by lundy86_4 (42687 posts) -

Poor TheKingIAm... His poll is going against him *sad panda*

#78 Posted by glez13 (8501 posts) -

Can't even do COD: Ghosts at 720p...

#79 Edited by darkspineslayer (19368 posts) -

kazilla post.

lol.

#80 Posted by darkspineslayer (19368 posts) -

Kaszilla.

Proof that accidents happen.

Can stupid like Kazilla be anything accidental? Had to have been dropped repeatedly as a child.

#81 Posted by HarlockJC (25546 posts) -

It does not matter what we think. 10 years from now no one will care and it will be looked at as being part of the next gen. The same thing was said about the Wii, and now no one cares.

#82 Edited by seanmcloughlin (38168 posts) -

@seanmcloughlin: You're right. These sheep are so freaking blind and will defend any crap made by nintengodno

I was referring to people like you being an idiot

#83 Posted by TheKingIAm (985 posts) -

@timbers_WSU: Werent you one of the main one making anti wii eww threads a few months ago?

#84 Posted by TheKingIAm (985 posts) -

@lundy86_4: 45% of us don't consider the wii eww to be a next gen console...that's hilarious

#85 Posted by lundy86_4 (42687 posts) -

@lundy86_4: 45% of us don't consider the wii eww to be a next gen console...that's hilarious

56% do. Even more hilarious.

#86 Posted by kingjazziephiz (2374 posts) -

Yup

#87 Posted by TheKingIAm (985 posts) -

@lundy86_4:

@TheKingIAm said:

That's pathetic. Just over half consider it a next gen console.....lol

#88 Posted by Sword-Demon (6872 posts) -

@lundy86_4:

@lundy86_4 said:

@TheKingIAm said:

I have to agree. It's pretty sad that only 56% of the people here know what a generation is

#89 Edited by kingjazziephiz (2374 posts) -

@TheKingIAm: do you have any friends in real life? You seem like an annoying person

#90 Edited by lundy86_4 (42687 posts) -

@lundy86_4:

Should we go in more circles? More people agree with me, than you... lol.

#91 Posted by TheKingIAm (985 posts) -

@TheKingIAm said:

@lundy86_4:

It's pathetic no matter which way you look at it.

#92 Edited by lundy86_4 (42687 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:

@TheKingIAm said:

@lundy86_4:

It's pathetic no matter which way you look at it.

Ran out of arguments? Cool.

#93 Posted by Couth_ (9927 posts) -

Next generation starts next week. Get hype... Will Nintendo be joining us?

#94 Edited by timbers_WSU (5753 posts) -

@timbers_WSU: Werent you one of the main one making anti wii eww threads a few months ago?

I hate Nintendo's business model yes. But the Wii U is in the same console gen as the PS4 and XB1. But for some ignorant reason (You're a Cow) you fail to understand that.

#95 Posted by Big_Pecks (5193 posts) -

@BPoole96 said:

I don't even consider it a console. A console implies games. The Wii U has none

Lol, well then the PS4 and Xbone are screwed right from the gates.

#96 Edited by charizard1605 (54501 posts) -

It uses a modern GPGPU design which puts the Xbox 360 and PS3 GPUs to shame, it has four times as much general purpose RAM as the Xbox 360 or PS3, it uses modern zero latency wireless streaming technology (the Wii U Pad has lesser latency than your TV), it uses a high density high capacity proprietary Blu Ray based disc format, it has a persistently online integrated social network, it has advanced multitasking, and it has the capability to output consistently in 1080p at 60 FPS (as evidenced by Bayonetta 2, Mario Kart 8, and Super Smash Bros.)

Yes, I think that's plenty next gen, it's just the weakest next gen console on the market.

#97 Posted by blangenakker (2072 posts) -

Nope.

#98 Posted by Whiteblade999 (5536 posts) -

Yeah it is, power is really irrelevant because good games are what carry a system. Too bad the Wii U has pretty much nothing for RPG fans as of right now.

#99 Posted by tubbyc (3650 posts) -

It's competition is coming this month. All three are in the same gen, even if it's not in the same league as far as power goes. The PS4 is stronger than Xbox One, yes, but I'd still say they're in the same league. I agree with Kyle Bosman on this. Here, watch from 7:23

#100 Edited by charizard1605 (54501 posts) -

Yeah it is, power is really irrelevant because good games are what carry a system. Too bad the Wii U has pretty much nothing for RPG fans as of right now.

But next year it gets X and Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem