Do you consider Resident Evil 7 better compared to Resident Evil HD Remake?

• 81 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#51 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24846 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@jg4xchamp said:

No, not even close.

but its better game than resident evil 4.

No, you're just an idiot.

I respect you my friend but the fact is this new resident evil 7 is really good game unlike previous mediocre games in series.

ZombieProof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52  Edited By ZombieProof
Member since 2016 • 359 Posts

@enzyme36 said:

@indzman: yup ... the mag outclasses Alberts pisto with enhanced bullets everytime. It's close.. but you can tell by the fight with Lucas. Eyes go down in fewer shots with the mag for sure.

That wasn't Lucas btw. That was Jack.

I can't say which is better to be honest. I rank Resident Evil's on tiers. These two go right next to one another alongside 2 and 4. Under them fall Code Veronica and Nemesis. After that the original, then 5, then everything else.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#53 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58643 Posts

Got 52 hours out of Resident Evil 5. Probably will go back and replay it again at some point.

-5 on Resident Evil 7.

ZombieProof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By ZombieProof

@ghosts4ever said:
@jg4xchamp said:

No, not even close.

...in your opinion. To me, it falls right alongside it.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#55 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts
@ghosts4ever said:

fact is

I don't respect your opinion. You don't know what a fact is. Games you like are shit.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#56 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@jg4xchamp said:

No, not even close.

No, you're just an idiot.

LMFAO

KillzoneSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#57 KillzoneSnake
Member since 2012 • 2761 Posts

No RE7 is garbage. Too short, too easy, few enemies. People jut got brainwashed by the PT first person cam.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Ghosts4ever

@jg4xchamp said:
@ghosts4ever said:

fact is

I don't respect your opinion. You don't know what a fact is. Games you like are shit.

and thats the difference between you and me my friend. you dont respect me. i respect your opinion. you insult me. i dont insult you.

ZombieProof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 ZombieProof

@ghosts4ever said:
@jg4xchamp said:
@ghosts4ever said:

fact is

and thats the difference between you and me my friend. you dont respect me. i respect your opinion. you insult me. i dont insult you.

Just because you use nice words and say "my friend" all the time doesn't mean anything. You still passive aggressively disrespect people and their opinions by never engaging anything anyone says and blatantly disregarding any point of view that isn't in line with your extremely limited view of what constitutes quality in gaming.

Oh, and pro-tip: Typing the same pre-thought, canned responses in slightly different wording anytime someone engages you isn't a discussion.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 jg4xchamp

@ghosts4ever: Trust me; I'm okay with that lol.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#61 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Not done yet with RE7, but getting close. I would have a hard time comparing them, RE7 is a very different experience. I guess RE7 is more entertaining overall, very immersive experience. But again, I dont like comparing a modern game like this to an older one, different times.

RE7 scared me more overall, however I wish they had a look-behind-as-you-run mechanic from Outlast. The other thing about RE7 is that it was clearly made with VR in mind, though that didn't bother me when I played on XOne, after a while I got used to the new look. Its hard to tell, 2 very different experiences. I enjoy them both.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Ghosts4ever

@jg4xchamp said:

@ghosts4ever: Trust me; I'm okay with that lol.

you said games i like are shit. so is Deus Ex, System shock 2, Stalker, FEAR, Doom are all shit? come on my friend.

theres many people on board who like shitty games but i dont insult them. i think even JRPG fans has rights to love JRPG and i respect them.

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5552 Posts

@zombieproof said:
@enzyme36 said:

@indzman: yup ... the mag outclasses Alberts pisto with enhanced bullets everytime. It's close.. but you can tell by the fight with Lucas. Eyes go down in fewer shots with the mag for sure.

I can't say which is better to be honest. I rank Resident Evil's on tiers. These two go right next to one another alongside 2 and 4. Under them fall Code Veronica and Nemesis. After that the original, then 5, then everything else.

Really?! Golly... I beat the game a bunch of times and I never picked up on that. So what the hell happens to Lucas?

You see the chair spinning from the video room after the birthday cake... next thing you are getting grabbed by that thing. Did he just run off and thats it? That cant be right

ZombieProof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By ZombieProof

@enzyme36 said:
@zombieproof said:
@enzyme36 said:

Really?! Golly... I beat the game a bunch of times and I never picked up on that. So what the hell happens to Lucas?

You see the chair spinning from the video room after the birthday cake... next thing you are getting grabbed by that thing. Did he just run off and thats it? That cant be right

Lucas is still around. A set up for a sequel perhaps?

You can tell it's Jack from several things.

Mia says, "Daddy's coming" just before he bursts through the wall.

While you're fighting the Jack "thing" it starts crying and sobbing as it cries out for "Marguerite" . and says "Poor thing."

He also says, "You killed my wife, turned my child against me!"

Also, Ethan says something to the effect of "This is getting old, Jack!"

SexyJazzCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By SexyJazzCat
Member since 2013 • 2796 Posts

@charizard1605: Is it in first person perspective? Can you shoot weapons? It's a first person shooter. It's just not a military shooter.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Ghosts4ever

@zombieproof:

click spoiler block written up to the comment box.

SexyJazzCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 SexyJazzCat
Member since 2013 • 2796 Posts

RE7 does horror a lot better, but RE1 did everything else better (except for controls). The direction RE7 went is really great though and i feel like there can only be improvement with future iterations.

ZombieProof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 ZombieProof

@ghosts4ever: Thanks man!

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5552 Posts

@zombieproof: thanks for the explanation... makes sense I recall Ethan saying that.

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#70  Edited By Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

The REmake is one of the finest horror games ever created, not to mention one of the best games of all time. Resident Evil 7 did a lot of things successfully- but let's get real here- it's not better than the REmake.

The mansion design in RE1, the art style, the puzzling, the burn-zombies or they become crimsons aspect, the interesting little choices you made that effect the story and characters, and just the grand scale of the journey far surpasses RE7.

I appreciate what RE7 did- but it's like a LITE version of the REmake. VERY spoopy and tension-y throughout, but there really isn't much to do differently a second time through. RE7 had some very stupid bosses, and very clunky moments as well. No where near the depth.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26641 Posts

Yeah, I like it over the original, but the original was great back in its day; it just hasn't aged well as far as gameplay goes.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By clone01
Member since 2003 • 29822 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:

I like it over any other resident evil game including 4. other than its ok. not amazing or great. previous games were utter trash.

@indzman said:
@charizard1605 said:

It's not a first person shooter.

Its a FPS game, what are you talking about Char???

and very very shitty FPS game.

As shitty as your posts, Sniper?

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

Another fact that people should play RE7 first before judging and YES the whole game, not the first hours. The game changes totaly to FPS. The scares become normal and you just feel like playing any other resident evil game but only in first person.

Near the 70% of completion it's almost non stop combat.

(To Charizard: play the game then judge)

The game was great tough, I just wish it didn't drag that long in the end. Much better then remake tbh

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 jg4xchamp

@DragonfireXZ95 said:

Yeah, I like it over the original, but the original was great back in its day; it just hasn't aged well as far as gameplay goes.

Remake has aged fantastic, at most there is a learning curve to the controls. But you are rarely asked to do anything in those games that the control can't handle, and as far as moment to moment scenario design is concerned that game is the epitome of all killer, no filler.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#75 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

RE2 > RE Remake > RE4 > RE7 > RE Outbreak

ItWasMe-DIO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 ItWasMe-DIO
Member since 2017 • 57 Posts

No. It's a great game but REmake beats it easily in terms of puzzle design and level design.

ZombieProof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 ZombieProof

@Shmiity said:

The REmake is one of the finest horror games ever created, not to mention one of the best games of all time. Resident Evil 7 did a lot of things successfully- but let's get real here- it's not better than the REmake.

The mansion design in RE1, the art style, the puzzling, the burn-zombies or they become crimsons aspect, the interesting little choices you made that effect the story and characters, and just the grand scale of the journey far surpasses RE7.

I appreciate what RE7 did- but it's like a LITE version of the REmake. VERY spoopy and tension-y throughout, but there really isn't much to do differently a second time through. RE7 had some very stupid bosses, and very clunky moments as well. No where near the depth.

You make some great points man. REmake is REALLY the beez neez.

RE7 is still really fresh in my mind (completed my speedrun and am going through madhouse now) so I'm still in the honeymoon phase. My objectivity may not be as clear as it could be. After I'm done with this Madhouse run, I'm reinstalling REmake and taking it for another spin.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#78  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19375 Posts

RE7 is better in controls, camera, and horror. REmaster is better in almost every other way.

ZombieProof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 ZombieProof

@Jag85 said:

RE7 is better in controls, camera, and horror. REmaster is better in almost every other way.

I put them on par in the horror department personally. I wouldn't rate the camera in REmake against 7's either because that's part of the gameplay design and part of what make's REmake work so well. If you changed that, a lot of the tension and fear factor would diminish and I wouldn't want that. Control-wise, the alternate scheme in the digital remaster is straight up dope. It completely eradicated any frustration caused by the tank controls (which really wasn't an issue when I played it on the 'cube anyway).

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#80  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19375 Posts

@zombieproof said:
@Jag85 said:

I put them on par in the horror department personally. I wouldn't rate the camera in REmake against 7's either because that's part of the gameplay design and part of what make's REmake work so well. If you changed that, a lot of the tension and fear factor would diminish and I wouldn't want that. Control-wise, the alternate scheme in the digital remaster is straight up dope. It completely eradicated any frustration caused by the tank controls (which really wasn't an issue when I played it on the 'cube anyway).

As much as I love REmake, I've never been a fan of those tank controls and fixed camera angles. But what REmake did really well was design a great game around those limitations. The alternate control scheme in REmaster fixes the tank controls, but it still creates some issues with the fixed camera angles. It wouldn't be a good idea to change the controls and camera, however, as that could end up ruining the finely-tuned balance of the original game, since much of it is designed around the control & camera limitations.

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#81 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

@zombieproof said:
@Shmiity said:

You make some great points man. REmake is REALLY the beez neez.

RE7 is still really fresh in my mind (completed my speedrun and am going through madhouse now) so I'm still in the honeymoon phase. My objectivity may not be as clear as it could be. After I'm done with this Madhouse run, I'm reinstalling REmake and taking it for another spin.

I'm doing Madhouse right now. I definitely enjoy it. the re-arranged items and tougher enemies is interesting- I like this game. I didn't mean to like.. shit on RE7 in my post at all. But it doesn't feel as feature-rich as RE1 in any aspect. Even on my second go-around, you can just tell that the Spencer mansion just oozes level design excellence, and the Baker estate is... alright. It's serviceable. But it's clearly more mission based.