Do consolites really think that PC gaming lacks diversity?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#301 Posted by menes777 (2643 posts) -

[QUOTE="menes777"]

[QUOTE="lowe0"] And I have. I can think of at least twice in the past week or so when I criticized clearly baseless threads comprised solely of personal attacks. Did you bother to check my posting history before posting this?lowe0

I seen this and thought of you. ;)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1698027/

He said something incorrect; I corrected it. Where's the victimization?

It's a joke, laugh and say haha good one.:P

#302 Posted by lowe0 (13692 posts) -

[QUOTE="lawlessx"][QUOTE="tenaka2"]

Yet you claim that you also call out consolites when they are wrong, you have lost credibility. Truth is that you only target pc gamers.

menes777

This has been known for sometime. notice he only appears in threads like these to pull off his white knight act. He has claimed to have posted in other threads regarding games,but i never see him.

Exactly when Dave whips out his PS3 haz the bestest gamez evah threads, Lowe is conveniently missing. Yet when a PC thread comes up he's there like white on rice.

That's because there's a difference between posting about one's platform having the best games, and posting personal attacks against a platform's user base. One draws a response (http://www.gamespot.com/forums/topic/29296992/will-pc-gaming-ever-be-relevant?msg_id=338315314#338315314), one does not.
#303 Posted by lowe0 (13692 posts) -

[QUOTE="lowe0"][QUOTE="menes777"]

I seen this and thought of you. ;)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1698027/

menes777

He said something incorrect; I corrected it. Where's the victimization?

It's a fair question.
#304 Posted by menes777 (2643 posts) -

[QUOTE="menes777"]

[QUOTE="lawlessx"] This has been known for sometime. notice he only appears in threads like these to pull off his white knight act. He has claimed to have posted in other threads regarding games,but i never see him.lowe0

Exactly when Dave whips out his PS3 haz the bestest gamez evah threads, Lowe is conveniently missing. Yet when a PC thread comes up he's there like white on rice.

That's because there's a difference between posting about one's platform having the best games, and posting personal attacks against a platform's user base. One draws a response (http://www.gamespot.com/forums/topic/29296992/will-pc-gaming-ever-be-relevant?msg_id=338315314#338315314), one does not.

So where is the personal attack against a platforms user based here? Also many consolites throw in several personal attacks against Pc gamers in their preference posts. You just turn a blind eye to it.

#305 Posted by DragonfireXZ95 (19818 posts) -
[QUOTE="menes777"]

[QUOTE="lawlessx"] This has been known for sometime. notice he only appears in threads like these to pull off his white knight act. He has claimed to have posted in other threads regarding games,but i never see him.lowe0

You have to stop taking everything so personally over the internet. No one cares about your crying on here.
#306 Posted by menes777 (2643 posts) -

[QUOTE="menes777"]

[QUOTE="lowe0"] He said something incorrect; I corrected it. Where's the victimization?lowe0

It's a fair question.

Just because you say something is incorrect doesn't mean it's actually incorrect. Show a bit more logic than something that boils down to "Nuh uh". Also your posts comes across as "why are you attacking innocent me???".

#307 Posted by Rocker6 (13358 posts) -

[QUOTE="Rocker6"]

[QUOTE="lowe0"] Honestly, if he'd just stuck with the facts on his own platform and not brought up consolites at all, would we be having this discussion?lowe0

I haven't been following the thread, but what's the problem if he tried to pit the diversity of PC games against the diversity of console games?

This is System Wars, after all!

He didn't just do that, though; he then proceeded to make an argument about console gamers (as opposed to an argument about consoles). Big difference.

But almost all cross-platform threads ultimately take that direction, PS3 vs. 360 threads end up with cows and lems insulting each other:

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/topic/29295779/ps3-sells-more-than-xbox-360-for-the-first-half-of-2012?page=0

And PC vs. console threads ultimately end up with herms and consolites insulting each other, as we can see ITT.

What's the big deal here? :?

Let it go, and move on. You won't "save" SW, that's for sure...

#308 Posted by Jonwh18 (9350 posts) -

[QUOTE="Jonwh18"]

[QUOTE="lowe0"] Here's the thing... if all I care about is winning, and you guys really have some sort of universally compelling argument, wouldn't I just switch sides?lowe0

because you don't need logic to win. You have proven that you will take a topic to 1000+ posts posting drivel until everyone gives up out of boredom, exasperation, or anger.

That's hardly what I would call a win. Besides, which post in this thread thus far is "drivel"? Which one doesn't directly and logically respond to a post directed at me? About the only one I can think of is where I misinterpreted an ambiguous pronoun ("he's not a PC gamer").

I'm not going to lie. I don't read though all of you're crap anymore. Not after this thread. http://www.gamespot.com/forums/topic/29235782/do-hermits-think-that-if-they-convert-enough-consolites....?page=55

Your arguements usually consist of

"why can't you understand that I just don't like ________ so PC just isn't for me"

"Or here is an anology PC is ___________ and consoles are ____________, both do the same thing but the superior performance of the first doesn't outweigh its costs"

To which most hermits invariabley reply "yeah doesn't mean PC is any less superior becuase you don't can't afford/ don't value the superior performance of PC"

You don't think PC is worth it. still factually the best system in terms of library and specs. You are one person your one opinion that Pc isn't worth it, or you don't like the types of games it offers, doesn't negate all of its advantages.

#309 Posted by menes777 (2643 posts) -

[QUOTE="lowe0"][QUOTE="Rocker6"]

I haven't been following the thread, but what's the problem if he tried to pit the diversity of PC games against the diversity of console games?

Rocker6

He didn't just do that, though; he then proceeded to make an argument about console gamers (as opposed to an argument about consoles). Big difference.

But almost all cross-platform threads ultimately take that direction, PS3 vs. 360 threads end up with cows and lems insulting each other:

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/topic/29295779/ps3-sells-more-than-xbox-360-for-the-first-half-of-2012?page=0

And PC vs. console threads ultimately end up with herms and consolites insulting each other, as we can see ITT.

Nicely put!

#310 Posted by lowe0 (13692 posts) -

Rocker6

Shouldn't someone at least try?
#311 Posted by tenaka2 (17019 posts) -

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

[QUOTE="lowe0"] What response is called for? I'm not a PC gamer, nor do I claim to be one. lowe0

Yet you claim that you also call out consolites when they are wrong, you have lost credibility. Truth is that you only target pc gamers.

And I have. I can think of at least twice in the past week or so when I criticized clearly baseless threads comprised solely of personal attacks. Did you bother to check my posting history before posting this?

I don't work in the sewage industry and even is I did I'd hardly want to take a busmans holiday to sort through your crap :P

#312 Posted by Rocker6 (13358 posts) -

[QUOTE="lowe0"][QUOTE="Jonwh18"] because you don't need logic to win. You have proven that you will take a topic to 1000+ posts posting drivel until everyone gives up out of boredom, exasperation, or anger.

Jonwh18

That's hardly what I would call a win. Besides, which post in this thread thus far is "drivel"? Which one doesn't directly and logically respond to a post directed at me? About the only one I can think of is where I misinterpreted an ambiguous pronoun ("he's not a PC gamer").

I'm not going to lie. I don't read though all of you're crap anymore. Not after this thread. http://www.gamespot.com/forums/topic/29235782/do-hermits-think-that-if-they-convert-enough-consolites....?page=55

"why can't you understand that I just don't like ________ so PC just isn't for me"

"Or here is an anology PC is ___________ and consoles are ____________, both do the same thing but the superior performance of the first doesn't outweigh its costs"

To which most hermits invariabley reply "yeah doesn't mean PC is any less superior becuase you don't can't afford/ don't value the superior performance of PC"

You don't think PC is worth it. still factually the best system in terms of library and specs. You are one person your one opinion that Pc isn't worth it, or you don't like the types of games it offers, doesn't negate all of its advantages.

Actually, believe it or not, he owns a 3-way SLI 670 GTX setup with 3 monitors!

#313 Posted by menes777 (2643 posts) -

[QUOTE="Rocker6"]

[QUOTE="lowe0"] He didn't just do that, though; he then proceeded to make an argument about console gamers (as opposed to an argument about consoles). Big difference.lowe0

Dude you must be naiive if you think you will get people on the internet to stop being douchebags and idiots.

#314 Posted by Jonwh18 (9350 posts) -

[QUOTE="Rocker6"]

[QUOTE="lowe0"] He didn't just do that, though; he then proceeded to make an argument about console gamers (as opposed to an argument about consoles). Big difference.lowe0

SW is a board where personal attacks are specifically allowed. If you choose to use them it just makes you look unintelligent. You trying to "save" SW, is annoying and people don't appreciate it.

#315 Posted by lowe0 (13692 posts) -

menes777

It's a fair question.

Just because you say something is incorrect doesn't mean it's actually incorrect. Show a bit more logic than something that boils down to "Nuh uh". Also your posts comes across as "why are you attacking innocent me???".

Saying that I don't counter people who attack PC gamers is provably false. I provided a recent example. That's not merely "nuh uh".
#316 Posted by menes777 (2643 posts) -

[QUOTE="Jonwh18"]

[QUOTE="lowe0"]That's hardly what I would call a win. Besides, which post in this thread thus far is "drivel"? Which one doesn't directly and logically respond to a post directed at me? About the only one I can think of is where I misinterpreted an ambiguous pronoun ("he's not a PC gamer"). Rocker6

I own a 4 way setup with 4 x 60" big screens. It's like a holodeck when I play!:lol:

#317 Posted by Jonwh18 (9350 posts) -

[QUOTE="Jonwh18"]

[QUOTE="lowe0"]That's hardly what I would call a win. Besides, which post in this thread thus far is "drivel"? Which one doesn't directly and logically respond to a post directed at me? About the only one I can think of is where I misinterpreted an ambiguous pronoun ("he's not a PC gamer"). Rocker6

Did he prove it? :| pics with some paper with his username written on it along with the date?

#318 Posted by blue_hazy_basic (27385 posts) -

menes777

Dude you must be naiive if you think you will get people on the internet to stop being douchebags and idiots.

hes not trying lol lowe falls neatly into those categorys heres lowe's MO: 1: troll 2: pretend you aren't trolling 3: troll some more using circular arguments 4: play the victim card 5: think you're cleverer than everyone and 6: rinse and repeat
#319 Posted by menes777 (2643 posts) -

[QUOTE="menes777"]

[QUOTE="lowe0"] It's a fair question.lowe0

Saying that I don't counter people who attack PC gamers is provably false. I provided a recent example. That's not merely "nuh uh".

So prove it then? Don't say you can prove it. Actually prove it with links to where you did so?

I also must have missed where you showed the example. Can you repost it here?

#320 Posted by MK-Professor (3726 posts) -

[QUOTE="MK-Professor"]

[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

lQev2.png

:lol:

lowe0

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Lowe0/games?tab=all#0|10

only 8 games out of all these have more than 10 hrs on record :shock:

18 games(including the above) have more than 5 hrs on record :lol:

lowe0 is indeed a weird guy.

Steam didn't always track time played, so any games I played prior to that (HL2, etc.) aren't counted in your number. A perfectly logical explanation, consistent with my previous statements.

Steam tracks time played for the last 3.5 years... so we can add one more game(HL2) to the huge list of 8 games :lol:

#321 Posted by Rocker6 (13358 posts) -

[QUOTE="Rocker6"]

You are free to try, you don't bother me at all, but know this:

All of your attempts are doomed to fail. As I said countless times, this isn't a place for serious and level-headed discussion, never was, never will be. It's a place to go and have some fun, troll a little, have a few laughs, etc...

There's nothing to "save" here!

#322 Posted by lowe0 (13692 posts) -

menes777

So prove it then? Don't say you can prove it. Actually prove it with links to where you did so?

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/topic/29296992/will-pc-gaming-ever-be-relevant?msg_id=338315314#338315314

#323 Posted by menes777 (2643 posts) -

[QUOTE="menes777"]

[QUOTE="lowe0"] Saying that I don't counter people who attack PC gamers is provably false. I provided a recent example. That's not merely "nuh uh".lowe0

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/topic/29296992/will-pc-gaming-ever-be-relevant?msg_id=338315314#338315314

Nice! thanks....

#324 Posted by Rocker6 (13358 posts) -

I own a 4 way setup with 4 x 60" big screens. It's like a holodeck when I play!:lol:menes777
Did he prove it? :| pics with some paper with his username written on it along with the date?Jonwh18
He provided proof in that "Post your swag" thread made by ispeakfact a few months ago...

#325 Posted by blue_hazy_basic (27385 posts) -

[QUOTE="menes777"]

[QUOTE="lowe0"] Saying that I don't counter people who attack PC gamers is provably false. I provided a recent example. That's not merely "nuh uh".lowe0

You mean the one where you bumped a troll alt (under lvl 10) thread which no one had replied to and then didn't argue for page after page about? Yea seems legit :lol:

#326 Posted by menes777 (2643 posts) -

[QUOTE="menes777"]I own a 4 way setup with 4 x 60" big screens. It's like a holodeck when I play!:lol:Rocker6

Did he prove it? :| pics with some paper with his username written on it along with the date?Jonwh18
He provided proof in that "Post your swag" thread made by ispeakfact a few months ago...

To be honest I am still using an Radeon HD4850 with a 19" CRT. :lol:

Ok Lowe come clean...:P

#327 Posted by lowe0 (13692 posts) -

Rocker6

All of your attempts are doomed to fail. As I said countless times, this isn't a place for serious and level-headed discussion, never was, never will be. It's a place to go and have some fun, troll a little, have a few laughs, etc...

One used to be able to get plenty of decent discussion here, before it became infested with "master race", "jelly", "butt hurt", and captioned images. It'd be nice to get back to actual debate instead of sliding further towards 4****.
#328 Posted by lowe0 (13692 posts) -

[QUOTE="lowe0"]

[QUOTE="menes777"]

blue_hazy_basic

You mean the one where you bumped a troll alt (under lvl 10) thread which no one had replied to and then didn't argue for page after page about? Yea seems legit :lol:

Thanks for doing what I predicted you would several pages back.
#329 Posted by Jonwh18 (9350 posts) -

[QUOTE="Rocker6"]

[QUOTE="lowe0"] Shouldn't someone at least try?lowe0

One used to be able to get plenty of decent discussion here, before it became infested with "master race", "jelly", "butt hurt", and captioned images. It'd be nice to get back to actual debate instead of sliding further towards 4****.

do you not see the sticky? Sign up as a debater.

#330 Posted by blue_hazy_basic (27385 posts) -

[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"]

[QUOTE="lowe0"]http://www.gamespot.com/forums/topic/29296992/will-pc-gaming-ever-be-relevant?msg_id=338315314#338315314

lowe0

Thanks for doing what I predicted you would several pages back.

Is what I said wrong?

#331 Posted by streetridaz (3276 posts) -

I certainly hope none of them actually think that. They can't even use the "I'm not spending $2,000 on a PC to play those games" argument either since they could all run on any modern PC.

BPoole96
In all honestly i don't believe they think that. It's just one of the many arguments that people use to stir it up.
#332 Posted by menes777 (2643 posts) -

[QUOTE="Rocker6"]

Again you're wasting your time.

#333 Posted by blue_hazy_basic (27385 posts) -
[QUOTE="Rocker6"]

Sure and it was the hermits who did all of that was it? We know they are root of all SW evil after all.
#334 Posted by Rocker6 (13358 posts) -

[QUOTE="Rocker6"]

The way I heard it, 4**** used to be a nice place too, a long time ago. But things change, no more "saving" is possible, the direction took a large turn, and there is no going back...

Same thing here on SW, keep trying, but you're not getting anywhere. The direction changed, and isn't going back... ever!

EDIT: Actually, why don't you try signing up here:

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/topic/29298942/future-system-wars-activity--sw-debates---sign-up-now

Maybe you'll appreciate the idea. But keep in mind, the general direction of the forum is still staying where it is, this is just a small project...

#335 Posted by blue_hazy_basic (27385 posts) -
[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

I certainly hope none of them actually think that. They can't even use the "I'm not spending $2,000 on a PC to play those games" argument either since they could all run on any modern PC.

streetridaz
In all honestly i don't believe they think that. It's just one of the many arguments that people use to stir it up.

Which is why the title was relevant, asking if they really believed that. Unfortunately lowe wants to argue semantics over it rather than the actual topic.
#336 Posted by menes777 (2643 posts) -

[QUOTE="Rocker6"]

Also it's your consolite buddies that typically use that as an acceptable response. I have noticed that the PC gamers have gotten so tired of wasting their time making well reasoned responses only to get a "It's my opinion and that's all that matters" responses.

#337 Posted by blue_hazy_basic (27385 posts) -

menes777

Also it's your consolite buddies that typically use that as an acceptable response. I have noticed that the PC gamers have gotten so tired of wasting their time making well reasoned responses only to get a "It's my opinion and that's all that matters" responses.

Exactly. Who do we know who won't use any kind of evidence but does always say that *puts finger to lips*
#338 Posted by menes777 (2643 posts) -

Back to the OP and maybe lasso Lowe back to the topic.

Lowe - If there was a genre that you would want on PC what would it be and why is it currently lacking?

#339 Posted by Nanomage (2410 posts) -
[QUOTE="menes777"]

[QUOTE="lowe0"] One used to be able to get plenty of decent discussion here, before it became infested with "master race", "jelly", "butt hurt", and captioned images. It'd be nice to get back to actual debate instead of sliding further towards 4****.blue_hazy_basic

Exactly. Who do we know who won't use any kind of evidence but does always say that *puts finger to lips*

Can´t possibly imagine who.
#340 Posted by lowe0 (13692 posts) -

Jonwh18

do you not see the sticky? Sign up as a debater.

I certainly approve of the sentiment, but to be honest, I don't consider any position here to be necessarily "right". I just go after bad arguments. For example, as Menes already identified, I agree that the PC does not lack diversity. I just don't think any evidence has been provided to paint an entire category of gamers with that claim. It's putting words in their mouths, including mine.
#341 Posted by MK-Professor (3726 posts) -

[QUOTE="Rocker6"]

What debate are you taking about man :?

Do you remember when you constantly trying to troll me by saying that:

"2560x1440,60fps, max settings, large fov, k/m(and controller), mods, etc"
is not better than
"1280x720, 25-30fps, low settings, small fov, controller, etc"

#342 Posted by lowe0 (13692 posts) -

Lowe - If there was a genre that you would want on PC what would it be and why is it currently lacking?

menes777
Asked and answered. None.
#343 Posted by menes777 (2643 posts) -

[QUOTE="menes777"]

lowe0

So let me get this straight, you have nothing to debate but complain that no one is debating?:roll:

#344 Posted by lowe0 (13692 posts) -

MK-Professor

is not better than

As I recall, that discussion was about what platform provided a better experience. You simply didn't include enough factors to reach a universal conclusion, and if you had, you would eventually find that no such conclusion exists.
#345 Posted by lowe0 (13692 posts) -

menes777

So let me get this straight, you have nothing to debate but complain that no one is debating?:roll:

You asked me if I disagree with one thing. That's not the same as lacking anything to debate about.
#346 Posted by menes777 (2643 posts) -

[QUOTE="MK-Professor"]

[QUOTE="lowe0"] One used to be able to get plenty of decent discussion here, before it became infested with "master race", "jelly", "butt hurt", and captioned images. It'd be nice to get back to actual debate instead of sliding further towards 4****.lowe0

is not better than

As I recall, that discussion was about what platform provided a better experience. You simply didn't include enough factors to reach a universal conclusion, and if you had, you would eventually find that no such conclusion exists.

I am guessing even with all the proof in China you wouldn't have agreed with him.

#347 Posted by menes777 (2643 posts) -

[QUOTE="menes777"]

[QUOTE="lowe0"] Asked and answered. None.lowe0

You asked me if I disagree with one thing. That's not the same as lacking anything to debate about.

True, but it doesn't explain why you even posted in this thread other than to derail, troll or Lowify it.

#348 Posted by lowe0 (13692 posts) -

menes777

True, but it doesn't explain why you even posted in this thread other than to derail, troll or Lowify it.

To argue against its flawed premise. I'm not advancing a competing argument of my own because I don't think my opinions apply to everyone.
#349 Posted by MK-Professor (3726 posts) -

[QUOTE="MK-Professor"]

[QUOTE="lowe0"] One used to be able to get plenty of decent discussion here, before it became infested with "master race", "jelly", "butt hurt", and captioned images. It'd be nice to get back to actual debate instead of sliding further towards 4****.lowe0

is not better than

discussion was which version of a game will give you better experience.

the version that play like that "2560x1440,60fps, max settings, large fov, k/m(and controller), mods, etc"

or the version thatplay like that "1280x720, 25-30fps, low settings, small fov, controller, etc"

and you fill like 20-30 page with pure trolling.

#350 Posted by Rocker6 (13358 posts) -

[QUOTE="menes777"]

[QUOTE="lowe0"] You asked me if I disagree with one thing. That's not the same as lacking anything to debate about.lowe0

To argue against its flawed premise. I'm not advancing a competing argument of my own because I don't think my opinions apply to everyone.

So, since you love to argue so much, will you be joining us in the SW Debates?