Do consoles have a brighter future than PC?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by PS4hasNOgames (1496 posts) -

I picture in 10 years or so that Sony or MS or Nintendo will have a small device you plug into your TV with no disc slot and just a controller. Being able to run any game without a hitch. PC gaming will just continue to decline and die out, not because its not capable of gaming but because Dell and HP and Msi doesn't pay developers to keep games exclusive like Sony and MS does. PC no longer has big badass exclusives like they used to. Quake and Doom are on consoles, and console gaming is a shit ton more convenient and always will be. People nowadays associate pc gaming with a bunch of nerds hunched over a computer screen playing WoW and MOBA or whatever the hell its called.

#2 Edited by KHAndAnime (13621 posts) -

In 10 years we're still going to be on PS4s and XB1s lol...

Nice imagination though. Can you imagine how shite games are going to look then compared to PC? I'd imagine it's like gaming on a PS2 today...

#3 Posted by MonsieurX (29985 posts) -

PC continue to decline?

But it keeps growing years after years

#4 Posted by PS4hasNOgames (1496 posts) -

In 10 years we're still going to be on PS4s and XB1s lol...

Nice imagination though. Can you imagine how shite games are going to look then compared to PC? I'd imagine it's like gaming on a PS2 today...

whats the difference when all the best games will be on consoles and the PC version of multi plats will just have a shinier rock in the corner of the screen?

I will take a PS2 with its massive library of gems over the PC and its boring library of MMO's any day of the week.

#5 Posted by Cloud_imperium (2941 posts) -

I don't think you ever wrote a single paragraph , without bashing PC in it . Anyways , PC gaming is not declining , it is on the rise . It's pre built PC market that is shrinking . As far exclusives go , every platform gets AAA exclusives , including PC . But then again , you'll be like "this and that genre doesn't count" , so I don't care .

BTW , OP looks like work of a 12 years old . No offense , just my opinion .

#6 Edited by BldgIrsh (2197 posts) -

I picture in 10 years or so that Sony or MS or Nintendo will have a small device you plug into your TV with no disc slot and just a controller.

What makes you think consoles will achieve this before a customizable PC. The companies don't care about technology they wish to make profit not dreams. Your next console will probably be able to run 1440p at 30 fps in 10 years. About it.

#7 Posted by lostrib (35807 posts) -

Considering TC's track record of locked threads, I'm not sure it's even with posting

#8 Edited by granddogg (410 posts) -

what the hell does dell,hp got to do with gaming pc? i see you dont know sh!t about pc gaming..

#9 Posted by MonsieurX (29985 posts) -

what the hell does dell,hp got to do with gaming pc? i see you dont know sh!t about pc gaming..

He thinks he knows enough to constantly bash it

#10 Edited by RoboCopISJesus (1408 posts) -
#11 Posted by MonsieurX (29985 posts) -

@ps4hasnogames said:

I picture in 10 years or so that Sony or MS or Nintendo will have a small device you plug into your TV with no disc slot and just a controller. Being able to run any game without a hitch. PC gaming will just continue to decline and die out,

http://www.pcr-online.biz/news/read/pc-games-have-surpassed-console-games-globally/033849

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/07/11/pc-gaming-hardware-market-worth-more-than-21-5-billion-globally-new-report-says/

Curious about the last picture,where is it coming from?

#12 Edited by melonfarmerz (1143 posts) -

@ps4hasnogames said:

I picture in 10 years or so that Sony or MS or Nintendo will have a small device you plug into your TV with no disc slot and just a controller. Being able to run any game without a hitch. PC gaming will just continue to decline and die out, not because its not capable of gaming but because Dell and HP and Msi doesn't pay developers to keep games exclusive like Sony and MS does. PC no longer has big badass exclusives like they used to. Quake and Doom are on consoles, and console gaming is a shit ton more convenient and always will be. People nowadays associate pc gaming with a bunch of nerds hunched over a computer screen playing WoW and MOBA or whatever the hell its called.

Did you just equate Dell, HP and MSI as the entities behind PC gaming? What the fuck? That's so cringe worthy. You have absolutely no authority to even mention PC's if your knowledge level is at the point where you think HP has any relation to PC gaming. There are many, many companies that push PC gaming way more than Microsoft ever pushed consoles but you obviously wouldn't know.

Also, your so called nerd MOBA's are literally bigger than any console game sooooo ya. PC gaming is growing drastically (just google it) while console growth is slowing down.

Why do you constantly do this? What do you gain out of setting yourself up to be ridiculed on the internet?

#13 Edited by BldgIrsh (2197 posts) -

I'd suggest that we add a rule to system wars survival guide.

• ps4hasNOgames can't post anymore negatives against the PC due to lack of knowledge and having the exceeded limit of locked threads.

Anyways, weren't you leaving GameSpot because you gave up on it and its "nerd" users?

#14 Edited by harry_james_pot (10781 posts) -

Ah... Remember when trolls used to actually put some thought into their topics? You're not even trying.. :(

#15 Posted by melonfarmerz (1143 posts) -

@bldgirsh said:

Anyways, weren't you leaving GameSpot because you gave up on it and its "nerd" users?

Happens once a week. Now that I've said that, I'll bet you he'll reply to this comment with "What a nerd. All you do is stalk me. Are you even a gamer?"

#16 Edited by Effec_Tor (279 posts) -

10 years from now.. PC gamers will be using quantum based PCs.

So no.

#17 Posted by BldgIrsh (2197 posts) -

@bldgirsh said:

Happens once a week. Now that I've said that, I'll bet you he'll reply to this comment with "What a nerd. All you do is stalk me. Are you even a gamer?"

Pretty much.

"You waste your time to stalk me! Hahahahhaha. Get a life LOSER."

#18 Edited by Shadowchronicle (25977 posts) -

While that's an interesting idea, people don't use PC for just gaming so it has a better chance at existing than a console does. Especially if that means you can have multiple programs loaded while playing a game.

#19 Edited by PS4hasNOgames (1496 posts) -

I don't think you ever wrote a single paragraph , without bashing PC in it . Anyways , PC gaming is not declining , it is on the rise . It's pre built PC market that is shrinking . As far exclusives go , every platform gets AAA exclusives , including PC . But then again , you'll be like "this and that genre doesn't count" , so I don't care .

OP looks like work of a 12 years old?

fail

#20 Edited by BldgIrsh (2197 posts) -

@ps4hasnogames said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

OP looks like work of a 12 years old?

fail

He's talking about your disfigurement in real life. ;) It looks like a 12 year old put you together.