DmC Devil May Cry costume DLC announced

• 93 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by PSP107 (12275 posts) -

Who saw this comming?

http://gematsu.com/2013/01/dmc-devil-may-cry-costume-dlc-announced

#2 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
i saw this coming a mile away.
#3 Posted by GD1551 (9645 posts) -

Probably to stop half of the crying.

#4 Posted by GreekGameManiac (6439 posts) -

Gasp! i'm like so shocked!

>_>

Why couldn't they make the retail version have EVERYTHING.

!@#$%^& Capcom...

#5 Posted by mems_1224 (48409 posts) -
Of course Capcom is gonna charge for that. They've been shady with DLC all gen
#6 Posted by lawlessx (47143 posts) -

....and it's as if they are mocking fans.

#7 Posted by gamefan67 (9951 posts) -
Ewwww.
#8 Posted by freedomfreak (43048 posts) -
 Looks pretty awesome.
#9 Posted by Ilovegames1992 (14221 posts) -

I FUKING LOVE STUPID DLC!!!!

I LOVE THIS GEN!!!

#10 Posted by GreekGameManiac (6439 posts) -

I FUKING LOVE STUPID DLC!!!!

I LOVE THIS GEN!!!

Ilovegames1992

Nice sarcasm/.

#12 Posted by MacBoomStick (1822 posts) -

If any of the DmC haters say that the game is better because of this costume... Oh man...

#13 Posted by Star67 (3457 posts) -

Now I can finally buy the game! (when it hits $20)

#14 Posted by Jonwh18 (9350 posts) -

LOL at people dumb enough to buy this. :lol:

#16 Posted by hippiesanta (9987 posts) -
capcom is cashing
#17 Posted by Ilovegames1992 (14221 posts) -

They should change their name to CAPCON

TROLOLOLOLOL

#18 Posted by ninjapirate2000 (3253 posts) -

Hell yeah! Now the game is gonna be good! Day 1 baby!

#19 Posted by hippiesanta (9987 posts) -
some may wait for the DMC:Gold Edition in 6 month time, and "true ending dlc" 8 month later
#20 Posted by PSP107 (12275 posts) -
[QUOTE="Ilovegames1992"]

They should change their name to CAPCON

TROLOLOLOLOL

lol
#21 Posted by WllDan7 (2544 posts) -

Now I can finally buy the game! (when it hits $20)

Star67
You and me both. Seriously, I remember when costumes were either available through playing the game or beating it. And I hope this is not on the disc dlc.
#22 Posted by Gue1 (11246 posts) -

If any of the DmC haters say that the game is better because of this costume... Oh man...

MacBoomStick

white hair is all we care about dude. [spoiler] :roll: [/spoiler]

#23 Posted by ArchoNils2 (6238 posts) -

Well, that'ss what ou get fr crying about the new design and they can make money off the crying. Win-win I guess?

#24 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (26243 posts) -

Will come to PC?

If so I won't be waiting too long to play as Good Ol' Dante with Poor writing.

#25 Posted by Razor_defiace (1618 posts) -

Well, that'ss what ou get fr crying about the new design and they can make money off the crying. Win-win I guess?

ArchoNils2

Don't see how that will convince people who hate it to buy it. The new design isn't the only thing people don't like. It's not like the costume makes Dante act differently and miraculously changes the plot, while adding more depth to the gameplay and Devil Trigger. It's sh*tty dlc that you don't need really, especially when you get the white haired Dante by beating the game.

What's even more sh*tty is that the true ending is available as DLC in february. If you didn't get the preorder bonus, you have pay to 10$ to get the full conclusion (if it actually has a conclusion that is).

#26 Posted by BPoole96 (22813 posts) -
I'll probably buy this, but only because I'm getting the game $15 cheaper day one. That money can be used for these costumes and the Vergil DLC
#27 Posted by Lucianu (9557 posts) -

I'll be playing the PC version with countless forms of free DLC.

#28 Posted by faizan_faizan (7868 posts) -

DLC this DLC that, God everything is becoming less interesting with all the DLC, 1 thing i hated about Max Payne 3, 100s of DLCs, Why don't DEVS put all the content in the original GAME.

#29 Posted by razgriz_101 (16871 posts) -

DLC this DLC that, God everything is becoming less interesting with all the DLC, 1 thing i hated about Max Payne 3, 100s of DLCs, Why don't DEVS put all the content in the original GAME.

faizan_faizan

it had like 4 map packs....and its coming up for a year old, stop overrexaggerating thats actually fairly normal for games with a multiplayer component.FM 4 got a carpack every month for a year and a few were utter belters at a fiver a pop.

#30 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38219 posts) -

Probably to stop all the kids whining

#31 Posted by jg4xchamp (50032 posts) -
Oh joy, lots of devs have dumb custom dlc these days.
#32 Posted by Miroku32 (8666 posts) -

some may wait for the DMC:Gold Edition in 6 month time, and "true ending dlc" 8 month laterhippiesanta
Don't worry, many people already know Crapcom shady practices. They'll do that ;)

#33 Posted by OneSanitarium (6925 posts) -

People seem to be upset about this for some reason.

#34 Posted by rjdofu (9171 posts) -
some may wait for the DMC:Gold Edition in 6 month time, and "true ending dlc" 8 month laterhippiesanta
Pffff, I'll wait for the Super Ultra Mega Ultimate DmC instead.
#35 Posted by -Unreal- (24551 posts) -

Yarr me hearty, dis be why I never buy the Crapcom games.

#36 Posted by Timstuff (26837 posts) -
How much of this is already on the disc, I wonder?
#37 Posted by rilpas (8161 posts) -

[QUOTE="MacBoomStick"]

Gue1

white hair is all we care about dude. [spoiler] :roll: [/spoiler]

so what are the reasons?
#38 Posted by lamprey263 (25398 posts) -
yay capitalism
#39 Posted by Kandlegoat (3147 posts) -

Capcom gonna Capcom

#40 Posted by Zeviander (9503 posts) -
>change how Dante looks >piss off the entire fanbase >release a mildly entertaining demo that reassures said fanbase the game doesn't suck entirely >after game comes out, release DLC that lets you make new Dante look like DMC4 Dante FFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU I knew they were going to do this... but hey, I had a feeling I should wait to buy the game and now I'm happy I did.
#41 Posted by AgentA-Mi6 (16309 posts) -

Remember when we had costumes and skins as unlockables rather than paid downloadable content for full priced games.

#42 Posted by Shirokishi_ (11206 posts) -

lawlessx

I know.
Its awesome.
Now they have to shut up because it was their main complaint.

#43 Posted by AgentA-Mi6 (16309 posts) -

[QUOTE="lawlessx"]

Shirokishi_

I know.
Its awesome.

yeah, shut up AND PAY for the Downloadable content.
#44 Posted by Shirokishi_ (11206 posts) -

[QUOTE="Shirokishi_"]

[QUOTE="lawlessx"]

AgentA-Mi6

I know.
Its awesome.

yeah, shut up AND PAY for the Downloadable content.

Its the best slap in the face.
This made my day.

#45 Posted by OneSanitarium (6925 posts) -

There are costumes you can unlock in the game as it is. A small price for a non gameplay related change doesn't mean anything is scummy. While this IS supposed to be the last game with on disc DLC (which is probably just the Vergil bit), it's not much of an issue.

Plus everyone is getting Bloody Palace for free. You know, gameplay related stuff.

#46 Posted by freedomfreak (43048 posts) -
Plus everyone is getting Bloody Palace for free. You know, gameplay related stuff.OneSanitarium
*scoffs* You can't expect us to praise Capcom when they do something nice.
#47 Posted by OneSanitarium (6925 posts) -

[QUOTE="OneSanitarium"]Plus everyone is getting Bloody Palace for free. You know, gameplay related stuff.freedomfreak

They do nice a lot.

A fair amount of the UMvC3 fans are asking the Marvel side (since they are the real deciders of it) for a new MvC3 version. And if Capcom ends up being able and following through with giving them what they want, a ton of morons will complain because they're just milking.

I'm glad the platformer side of Megaman is pretty much dead. Some of the worst fanbases I've ever seen. As long as they can potentially make more Battle Network and Starforce, you know the MM games that people actually played and aren't fully of stupid, everything would be great. There are people who complaing about Capcom helping the fanmade SFxMM game, either because IT WAS JUST ANOTHER STREET FIGHTER, or because it was still 2D.

The world is stupid.

#48 Posted by resevl4rlz (3281 posts) -
Crapcom is at it again
#49 Posted by BigBoss255 (3539 posts) -
This would have been a nice way of saying "we care" to the fan base if it was free. Instead it's just another quick cash in by Capcom.
#50 Posted by freedomfreak (43048 posts) -

[QUOTE="freedomfreak"][QUOTE="OneSanitarium"]Plus everyone is getting Bloody Palace for free. You know, gameplay related stuff.OneSanitarium

They do nice a lot.

A fair amount of the UMvC3 fans are asking the Marvel side (since they are the real deciders of it) for a new MvC3 version. And if Capcom ends up being able and following through with giving them what they want, a ton of morons will complain because they're just milking.

I'm glad the platformer side of Megaman is pretty much dead. Some of the worst fanbases I've ever seen. As long as they can potentially make more Battle Network and Starforce, you know the MM games that people actually played and aren't fully of stupid, everything would be great. There are people who complaing about Capcom helping the fanmade SFxMM game, either because IT WAS JUST ANOTHER STREET FIGHTER, or because it was still 2D.

The world is stupid.

Yup, pretty silly what gamers sometimes complain about. It's not just Capcom, it's all over the place.