• 174 results
Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Divinity: Original Sin vs Dark Souls 2 for current GS GOTY (100 votes)

Divinity 69%
Dark Souls 2 31%

I'm really liking Divinity at the moment. Game continues to surprise me. I started Dark Souls 2 but I think I'm getting a little tired of the Souls formula. Maybe the itch will kick in later. What do you think more, SW?

• 
soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#151 soulitane
Member since 2010 • 15091 Posts

@newxerxes said:

@soulitane said:

Good for you, give yourself a pat on the back. That doesn't however prove which one they like more, since as you say, you meed to play a game to like or dislike it. Thus if those people who gave favourable reviews to DS2, haven't played Divinity, you can't say which one is liked more, simply which one is more popular. So do you have any proof that PC gamers like DS2 more, keeping in mind that you can't dislike or like a game without having previously played it?

This is your original quote by the way "pc gamers like Dark Souls 2 a lot more than Divinity OS". That states that they like DS2 more than Divinity, so I'm assuming you have proof to back that up?

If you look at those numbers I posted you see that pc gamers have spent a lot more time playing DS 2, so they either like DS 2 more or are masochists

"You have to play the game before you can like or dislike it" Thus without having numbers stating how many having played both we can't accurately say which one is liked more. It's as if you can't even remember your own posts.

newxerxes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#152 newxerxes
Member since 2014 • 180 Posts

@soulitane said:

@newxerxes said:

@soulitane said:

Good for you, give yourself a pat on the back. That doesn't however prove which one they like more, since as you say, you meed to play a game to like or dislike it. Thus if those people who gave favourable reviews to DS2, haven't played Divinity, you can't say which one is liked more, simply which one is more popular. So do you have any proof that PC gamers like DS2 more, keeping in mind that you can't dislike or like a game without having previously played it?

This is your original quote by the way "pc gamers like Dark Souls 2 a lot more than Divinity OS". That states that they like DS2 more than Divinity, so I'm assuming you have proof to back that up?

If you look at those numbers I posted you see that pc gamers have spent a lot more time playing DS 2, so they either like DS 2 more or are masochists

"You have to play the game before you can like or dislike it" Thus without having numbers stating how many having played both we can't accurately say which one is liked more. It's as if you can't even remember your own posts.

I already posted the info showing player peak being 4x higher for DS 2 and about twice as many people currently playing DS 2.

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By soulitane

@newxerxes said:

@soulitane said:

@newxerxes said:

@soulitane said:

I already posted the info showing player peak being 4x higher for DS 2 and about twice as many people currently playing DS 2.

But that doesn't prove which one people like more, just which is more popular. This isn't a very hard concept to grasp, just sit and think for a little bit, you'll get there champ.

newxerxes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 newxerxes

@soulitane said:

@newxerxes said:

@soulitane said:

But that doesn't prove which one people like more, just which is more popular. This isn't a very hard concept to grasp, just sit and think for a little bit, you'll get there champ.

pop·u·larˈpäpyələr/adjective

1. 1.liked, admired, or enjoyed by many people or by a particular person or group.
Nanomage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#155 Nanomage
Member since 2011 • 2371 Posts

@newxerxes said:

@soulitane said:

@newxerxes said:

@soulitane said:

1. 1.liked, admired, or enjoyed by many people or by a particular person or group.

Anywhere in the description of the word popular can you find where it says "more than" after any of those synonyms?

newxerxes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 newxerxes

@Nanomage said:

@newxerxes said:

@soulitane said:

@newxerxes said:

@soulitane said:

Anywhere in the description of the word popular can you find where it says "more than" after any of those synonyms?

Having 3x as many positive reviews is the very definition of being liked more than.

Nanomage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 Nanomage

@newxerxes said:

@Nanomage said:

@newxerxes said:

@soulitane said:

@newxerxes said:

@soulitane said:

Having 3x as many positive reviews is the very definition of being liked more than.

No,because by definition that concept isn´t comparative in nature.

newxerxes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 newxerxes

@Nanomage said:

@newxerxes said:

@Nanomage said:

@newxerxes said:

@soulitane said:

A positive review is a like.

Nanomage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 Nanomage

@newxerxes said:

@Nanomage said:

@newxerxes said:

@Nanomage said:

@newxerxes said:

@soulitane said:

And it´s still not comparative to.

newxerxes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 newxerxes

@Nanomage said:

@newxerxes said:

@Nanomage said:

@newxerxes said:

You just want to keep playing semantics because you dislike me and/or are upset that a multiplat is so much more liked than a pc exclusive.

DS 2 has more peak players, more players on average and 3 times the number of likes.

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By soulitane

@newxerxes said:

@Nanomage said:

@newxerxes said:

@Nanomage said:

@newxerxes said:

You just want to keep playing semantics because you dislike me and/or are upset that a multiplat is so much more liked than a pc exclusive.

DS 2 has more peak players, more players on average and 3 times the number of likes.

No, it's quite simple really, I played Halo 3 last gen, but I preferred Bad Company, yet less people played Bad Company, thus I liked Bad Company more even though Halo 3 is more popular. You can't use player count to say which game is more liked, it's senseless. Yes it gives an idea on what people enjoy or simply which game is more popular, but it doesn't give an objective view on which is more liked by the people who played both.

Going back to your earlier statement "You have to play the game before you can like or dislike it" , I am able to say I liked Bad Company more since I played both games. However, we can't say whether all those people who reviewed DS2 have played Divinity and vis versa, therefore we can't say which of those they liked more.

I understand you're not the sharpest tool in the shed, so I will ask you again to just sit and think on it, you'll get there eventually.

Wiimotefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 Wiimotefan
Member since 2010 • 4151 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

@texasgoldrush said:

@uninspiredcup said:

DarkSouls 2 inflates difficulty by spamming as many enemies as possible. Creatively lazy.

WRONG

It seems you haven't played it.

And the DLC is the best level design in all of the Souls series.

My friend, typing in caps, insisting I haven't played it and making a blank statement of "best ever", it appears you have won. In many ways, this could well be the greatest post humanity has ever known.

lol

Nanomage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 Nanomage

@newxerxes said:

@Nanomage said:

@newxerxes said:

@Nanomage said:

@newxerxes said:

No,I´m stating a fact,you´re just throwing a tantrum because your argument is a fallacy.

We can keep this going though,I enjoy amusing myself with idiots.

newxerxes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 newxerxes

@soulitane said:

@newxerxes said:

@Nanomage said:

No, it's quite simple really, I played Halo 3 last gen, but I preferred Bad Company, yet less people played Bad Company, thus I liked Bad Company more even though Halo 3 is more popular. You can't use player count to say which game is more liked, it's senseless. Yes it gives an idea on what people enjoy or simply which game is more popular, but it doesn't give an objective view on which is more liked by the people who played both.

Going back to your earlier statement "You have to play the game before you can like or dislike it" , I am able to say I liked Bad Company more since I played both games. However, we can't say whether all those people who reviewed DS2 have played Divinity and vis versa, therefore we can't say which of those they liked more.

I understand you're not the sharpest tool in the shed, so I will ask you again to just sit and think on it, you'll get there eventually.

I see a positive review as a like that's why I said it's liked a lot more.

And of course player count shows what games are liked more.

@Nanomage said:

@newxerxes said:

No,I´m stating a fact,you´re just throwing a tantrum because your argument is a fallacy.

We can keep this going though,I enjoy amusing myself with idiots.

You call that a tantrum? You want to see a tantrum look for dasein.

Sorry, Dark Souls 2 is liked a lot more.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

A PC only game is unlikely to win goty on here

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

@newxerxes said:

Sorry, Dark Souls 2 is liked a lot more.

And PC is the only place to play both, (and the faaaaaaaaaar superior version of DS2).........

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts

tenaka2 they said the same could probably have been said with handheld games last year, yet a handheld game got GOTY here.

@Jankarcop said:

And PC is the only place to play both, (and the faaaaaaaaaar superior version of DS2).........

You mean the version with the FPS bug causing items to deteriorate twice as fast?

Now, it is the version I have, but From Software messed up with the port... again. Although not quite as badly as they did with DaS1.

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 bussinrounds
Member since 2009 • 3324 Posts

Here's something.....who gives a **** about some bs mainstream award ?

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#169 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

@Maroxad said:

@PurpleMan5000 said:

This is pointless. Bayonetta 2 comes out in a month and it will blow us all away.

Bayonetta 2 will be amazing, definately better than Hyrule Warriors. And if it as good as I hear it is, also has a shot at GOTY. But will it dethrone Divinity: Original Sin? Bayonetta 2 will be an amazing game, but it wont be that one game that delivered something everyone wanted but didnt know they wanted. Which is the case for Original Sin.

That's some hokey pokey gibberish.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

@bussinrounds

Uhm.... Just about everyone actually....

Maybe you should Lie Down.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts

@bussinrounds said:

Publishers do, they love slapping GOTY awards on their turd containing boxes.

And in System Wars is particulary amusing during GOTY announcements. The damage control over A Link Between Worlds winning GOTY last year was hilarious.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#172  Edited By Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

@bussinrounds said:

Honestly no one in the general public should care. I never understood the appeal of any award ceremony or what have you. Why would I care about what some other random people thought was the best of anything for any duration of time?

newxerxes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By newxerxes

@Maroxad said:

tenaka2 they said the same could probably have been said with handheld games last year, yet a handheld game got GOTY here.

@Jankarcop said:

You mean the version with the FPS bug causing items to deteriorate twice as fast?

Now, it is the version I have, but From Software messed up with the port... again. Although not quite as badly as they did with DaS1.

This reminds me why I avoid buying games at launch. Hopefully this will be fixed at some point.

SovietsUnited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

#174 SovietsUnited
Member since 2009 • 2457 Posts

Divinity and it isn't even a contest. Dark Souls 2 isn't even an exceptional Souls game

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#175 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

Id say its between Divinity OS and The Vanishing of Ethan Carter right now.