Distribution Mistake Means Free Halo 4 Crimson Map Pack DLC

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Enforcedspot (2915 posts) -

Shortly before the release of Halo 4, Microsoft and 343 Industries announced a promotion that if you played the game within the first two weeks of release, you would receive a code that would give you early access to certain multiplayer specializations. Users who received that code discovered that if they redeemed it, they could download Halo 4's first map pack, the Crimson map pack, for free. This was not something that was supposed to happen, but Microsoft has embraced the mistake and is now encouraging gamers who participated in the, "14 Day, Buy and Play," promotion to grab the maps before Tuesday December 18. Here's the official words from Microsoft:

As an additional reward to those customers that participated in our "14 Day, Buy and Play" program (which ran from Nov. 6 Nov. 20), we are providing complimentary access to the Crimson Map Pack for a limited time, through Tuesday, December 18 at 9am UTC/GMT.

There were some initial complications with the distribution of the "14 day, Buy and Play" reward tokens, and so we decided to provide the additional reward of complimentary access to the Crimson Map Pack, for a limited time, as a "thank you" to our customers that contributed to the success of the "Halo 4" launch.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/12/11/distribution-mistake-means-free-halo-4-dlc-for-everyone.aspx

#2 Posted by DarkLink77 (31695 posts) -

Yeah, discovered this from a friend yesterday.

Free maps are grand.

#3 Posted by straightedge_X (737 posts) -
That sucks for those that purchased the War Games pass. Mine came with the Collector's Edition so I guess I kind of paid for it. :|

Oh wait, it's just a complimentary trial of the new maps? I guess owners of the War Games pass aren't screwed then.
#4 Posted by TheEpicGoat (2006 posts) -

Map Packs should be free but this is cool though. Heh, after reading the whole topic I realize this is just a beta test pretty much.

#5 Posted by Blazerdt47 (5661 posts) -

Microsoft must be pissed for that mistake.:P

#6 Posted by straightedge_X (737 posts) -

Map Packs should be free but this is cool though. Heh, after reading the whole topic I realize this is just a beta test pretty much.

TheEpicGoat
More of a demo I think. :P
#7 Posted by getyeryayasout (7169 posts) -
Just dl'd it, 528.5 Mb of free maps, thanks for posting this TC.
#8 Posted by straightedge_X (737 posts) -
Just dl'd it, 528.5 Mb of free maps, thanks for posting this TC.getyeryayasout
Just a heads up in case you missed it, you'll no longer have access to them after December 18th unless you purchase the Map Pack or War Games pass.
#9 Posted by mems_1224 (46499 posts) -
[QUOTE="getyeryayasout"]Just dl'd it, 528.5 Mb of free maps, thanks for posting this TC.straightedge_X
Just a heads up in case you missed it, you'll no longer have access to them after December 18th unless you purchase the Map Pack or War Games pass.

thats good to hear. I paid for the war games pass dammit! :x
#10 Posted by platniumgamer (4087 posts) -

Awesome.

Downloading right now.

#11 Posted by getyeryayasout (7169 posts) -
[QUOTE="getyeryayasout"]Just dl'd it, 528.5 Mb of free maps, thanks for posting this TC.straightedge_X

Fvckers.
#12 Posted by straightedge_X (737 posts) -
[QUOTE="straightedge_X"][QUOTE="getyeryayasout"]Just dl'd it, 528.5 Mb of free maps, thanks for posting this TC.mems_1224

Lots of angry Limited Edition and War Games owners out there at the moment. The TC might wanna edit the OP to make sure that those hoping to get a free map pack are only getting what essentially amounts to a 1 week demo for the new maps.
#13 Posted by JangoWuzHere (16097 posts) -

Well, at least they are trying to spin this in a positive way.

#14 Posted by DarkLink77 (31695 posts) -
[QUOTE="straightedge_X"][QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="straightedge_X"] Just a heads up in case you missed it, you'll no longer have access to them after December 18th unless you purchase the Map Pack or War Games pass.

Lots of angry Limited Edition and War Games owners out there at the moment. The TC might wanna edit the OP to make sure that those hoping to get a free map pack are only getting what essentially amounts to a 1 week demo for the new maps.

Limited time only? DAMMIT.
#15 Posted by straightedge_X (737 posts) -
[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="straightedge_X"][QUOTE="mems_1224"] thats good to hear. I paid for the war games pass dammit! :x

A few of my friends had the same reaction, albeit a lot less PG. :P
#16 Posted by DarkLink77 (31695 posts) -
[QUOTE="straightedge_X"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="straightedge_X"] Lots of angry Limited Edition and War Games owners out there at the moment. The TC might wanna edit the OP to make sure that those hoping to get a free map pack are only getting what essentially amounts to a 1 week demo for the new maps.

A few of my friends had the same reaction, albeit a lot less PG. :P

Well, I could tone it up a notch, if you really want.
#17 Posted by mems_1224 (46499 posts) -
[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="straightedge_X"][QUOTE="mems_1224"] thats good to hear. I paid for the war games pass dammit! :x

Suck it! :P
#18 Posted by DarkLink77 (31695 posts) -

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="straightedge_X"] Lots of angry Limited Edition and War Games owners out there at the moment. The TC might wanna edit the OP to make sure that those hoping to get a free map pack are only getting what essentially amounts to a 1 week demo for the new maps.mems_1224

Suck it! :P

1337124170649.gif