DiRT for ps3 will look better then the 360 version

This topic is locked from further discussion.

resistancemang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 resistancemang
Member since 2007 • 430 Posts

In a recent E3 interview with CodeMasters designer, Matthew Horseman, we learn that the PS3 version of DiRT: Colin McRae Off-Road will be the best of the three available versions. During the interview, Horseman goes into detail as to why this is the case.

He said CodeMasters was able to best optimize the game for the PS3, primarily due to the fact that the engine in the game uses Sony's PSSG rendering platform "at its core." In this way, they learned how to access all the little "nooks and crannies" in the machine, and the result is apparently clear.

"The PS3 version looks fantastic compared to the 360 version; it's a slimmer, healthier, younger, buffer version, and the framerate is better," said Horseman.

The game also takes advantage of the PlayStation Logitech wheels - including ones for the PS2 - and boasts 7.1 stereo surround sound. You can expect to see DiRT: Colin McRae Off-Road this September, and we'll also be getting a playable demo before that date. So don't miss your chance to check out what could be the best off-road racing title of the generation! Motorstorm, you got competition.

Link- http://www.psxextreme.com/ps3-news/1503.html

just another superior multiplat nothing to see here

Koalakommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Koalakommander
Member since 2006 • 5462 Posts
but teh power of teh 360 is more tehn teh cell
resistancemang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 resistancemang
Member since 2007 • 430 Posts
lemmings will avoid this thread like the plague
Koalakommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Koalakommander
yes where ARE the lemmings? if i recall they had alot of fun bashing PS3 multiplats.
Dualshockin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Dualshockin
Member since 2006 • 7826 Posts
More development time=Better games. Excellent to be getting the superior version.
turgore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 turgore
Member since 2006 • 7859 Posts
I doubt it ...If they remove the bloom it will look better allready.
Koalakommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Koalakommander

Ignore it like the plague? A bunch of cows mentally beating each other off over DiRT?! :lol:

You kidding? This is priceless!

duncanvk

lemmings created entire pic comparsion threads for armored core 4 and splintercell, even thought the only difference was the brightness of the games. gg.

greenteaolive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 greenteaolive
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

nope the Cell is more powerful then the 360... dude where did you get that informations. everyone knows Sony has the higher benchmark. the only reason PC games that are on now the 360 and PS3 look better on the 360 is they were not designed for the PS3. PS3 is better, but takes a well programed convertion or game itself.

so don't spout **** off that the 360 is more powerful because it's greatly less.

SCHOOLLED

McCool69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 McCool69
Member since 2006 • 1118 Posts

primarily due to the fact that the engine in the game uses Sony's PSSG rendering platform

resistancemang

This is the key I guess. It should of course look better on the main development platform. Just like most ports that are originally on the 360 look and flow better than their PS3-versions.

albi321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 albi321
Member since 2007 • 1552 Posts
Only couple of months late.
me2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 me2002
Member since 2002 • 3058 Posts
I'm more interested in the online. I heard the 360 version had really terible online like you can't even race with others, just their times or something. If PS3 has good online I'll buy it otherwise I'll wait till its dirt cheap.
DeMarqo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DeMarqo
Member since 2002 • 335 Posts

A better version being on the x360 = News
A better version being on the PS3 = Not News

greenteaolive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 greenteaolive
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

yeah the thing is the only good games on 360 are games that are also on the PS3 or are PC games.

i'm rather tired of XBOX original and 360 riding on the backs of PC developed games. i mean haha, there is hardly anything on XBOX original that is not a PC game, or a port from another console. and frankly these games like GTAIV well they are ports from PS3 to 360. and if you don't believe it well they where out first on PS2 so that is where they originated.

360 gamers are so **** dumb they are week in the knees because they realized that they would have bought the PS3 if it was 400. and now they are realizing that they've paid 2 years subcription to XBOX Live, which is 100. and got that WiFi adaptor that was a100, then the HD-DVD which was 200, and then the remote which is another 100. Which mind you uses an EYE like classical remotes, where the PS3 remote is only 20 bucks and uses bluetooth.

sorry 360 gamers you are only complaining because you realize how big of a hole you dig yourselves into by buying into the 360 so early.

sorry 360 gamers you fail at life, no go stair at your Red Ring of Death, wondering WTF "i should have bought a PS3"

-KinGz-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 -KinGz-
Member since 2006 • 5232 Posts
[QUOTE="duncanvk"]

Ignore it like the plague? A bunch of cows mentally beating each other off over DiRT?! :lol:

You kidding? This is priceless!

Koalakommander

lemmings created entire pic comparsion threads for armored core 4 and splintercell, even thought the only difference was the brightness of the games. gg.

Do u want to get owned? here you go, only this shows it's not "brightness" the only problem:

That isn't just a BRIGHTNES DIFFERENCE.

By the way Dirt is kinda old now you know?

GazzaB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#18 GazzaB
Member since 2004 • 27139 Posts
Was the few month wait worth the slight graphical improvements? Ive already completed the game
McCool69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 McCool69

Tons of lies about every extra option (you don't need a single one of them to play) available for the 360 cost 100 bucks each.

greenteaolive

Either you suck at math, or you live near a store that sells everything for 100 bucks.

My remote came free with my 360 BTW and I couldn't care less about Wi-Fi or HD-DVD/Blu-ray on my game console.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60723 Posts
This game rocks..I would get it for all you PS3's that dont have motorstorm
McCool69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 McCool69

well first off your remote didn't come free, and yes everyone on 360 cost 100 bucks LOL

greenteaolive

LOL stop lying dude.

And yes; I got my remote for free - it came free with all launch consoles (the first 2 million or something), and costs 19.99 if you want to buy it now:

360 remote at Amazon

I'd love to start a shop in your town; must be heaven doing business there if you can multiply normal prices with 5.