Diddy Kong returns for Smash 4

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by nintendoboy16 (26272 posts) -

Source: SmashBros.com

Following DKC: Tropical Freeze's release, DK's sidekick Diddy is making his return.

Character's confirmed thus far:

Mario

Donkey Kong

Link

Samus Aran

Kirby

Fox McCloud

Pikachu

Bowser

Pit

Wii Fit Trainer*

Villager*

Mega Man*

Captain Olimar

Luigi

Peach

Toon Link

Sonic the Hedgehog

Marth

Rosalina*

Zelda

King Dedede

Lucario

Little Mac*

---

*- newcomers

Thoughts? Looks like space in this roster is running low fast. I really hope Falcon gets his announcement soon, or we'll get rage WORSE than lacking Mewtwo over Lucario.

#2 Posted by WitIsWisdom (3685 posts) -

That seems like a pretty large roster already. I never liked the other smash games, but I am going to give this one a try. The larger the roster the better.

#3 Posted by m_machine024 (14864 posts) -

Hold up...... 23 confirmed characters? Didn't realize that much characters were already revealed. A roster of 45 characters would be sick! :D

#4 Posted by 93BlackHawk93 (5307 posts) -

Why hasn't Captain Falcon not shown yet? I'm worried he might be cut since Miyamoto doesn't like F-Zero that much, but I guess it's up to Sakurai decision, right?

Btw, everything is going accordingly to the leak so far.

#5 Posted by texasgoldrush (9137 posts) -

Why hasn't Captain Falcon not shown yet? I'm worried he might be cut since Miyamoto doesn't like F-Zero that much, but I guess it's up to Sakurai decision, right?

what characters are leaked?

#6 Posted by 93BlackHawk93 (5307 posts) -
#7 Posted by texasgoldrush (9137 posts) -
#8 Edited by 93BlackHawk93 (5307 posts) -
#9 Edited by texasgoldrush (9137 posts) -

@texasgoldrush said:
@93BlackHawk93 said:

@texasgoldrush said:
@93BlackHawk93 said:

what characters are leaked?

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=97190399&postcount=7815

then where is Dixie kong?

Well, it said it's a tag team like Zelda and Sheik, and they haven't shown Sheik yet.

It would be stupid not to put Dixie in......she is a major kong that even has her own DKC.

#10 Posted by nintendoboy16 (26272 posts) -

I don't think he dislikes F-Zero in general, just F-Zero GX.

#11 Edited by LegatoSkyheart (24881 posts) -

It's a sure fire thing Captain Falcon will show up in Smash Bros.

The Original 12 are in every Smash Bros game.

Remember people had worries Ness wouldn't show up in Brawl and guess the freak what? He showed up.

Mario, Luigi, Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Captain Falcon, Ness, Samus, Donkey Kong, Yoshi, Link, Fox, and Kirby will ALWAYS be in Super Smash Bros.

It's those that were in Melee and Brawl that you have to be worried about. Characters like Ice Climbers, Game and Watch, R.O.B., Roy, Ike, Zero Suit Samus, Sheik (yes even Sheik), are not definite. They can be exchanged for others.

#12 Posted by 93BlackHawk93 (5307 posts) -

@93BlackHawk93 said:

It's a sure fire thing Captain Falcon will show up in Smash Bros.

The Original 12 are in every Smash Bros game.

Remember people had worries Ness wouldn't show up in Brawl and guess the freak what? He showed up.

Mario, Luigi, Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Captain Falcon, Ness, Samus, Donkey Kong, Yoshi, Link, Fox, and Kirby will ALWAYS be in Super Smash Bros.

It's those that were in Melee and Brawl that you have to be worried about. Characters like Ice Climbers, Game and Watch, R.O.B., Roy, Ike, Zero Suit Samus, Sheik (yes even Sheik), are not definite. They can be exchanged for others.

Why Zero Suit Samus and Sheik? We saw Samus doing her Final Smash and you know what happens next.

#13 Edited by LegatoSkyheart (24881 posts) -

Why Zero Suit Samus and Sheik? We saw Samus doing her Final Smash and you know what happens next.

Yet we have yet to see Samus shed her Armor off and we have yet to see Zelda turn into Sheik.

The Characters may not be there. Samus could keep the Smash move, but no change will be made.

Zelda may get a Different Move for her Down+B. Just like how Mario got Fludd instead of his Spin attack in Brawl.

#14 Posted by 93BlackHawk93 (5307 posts) -

@93BlackHawk93 said:

Yet we have yet to see Samus shed her Armor off and we have yet to see Zelda turn into Sheik.

The Characters may not be there. Samus could keep the Smash move, but no change will be made.

Zelda may get a Different Move for her Down+B. Just like how Mario got Fludd instead of his Spin attack in Brawl.

But would it limit the roster by keeping those characters?

#15 Edited by LegatoSkyheart (24881 posts) -

@LegatoSkyheart said:

But would it limit the roster by keeping those characters?

No, It wouldn't. Though if I remember correctly in Brawl there were ways you could start out the matches as those characters.

#16 Posted by 93BlackHawk93 (5307 posts) -

@93BlackHawk93 said:

But he did throw a bullshit excuse to not make a new one. At least he doesn't LOVE F-Zero.

#17 Edited by nintendoboy16 (26272 posts) -

@nintendoboy16 said:

@93BlackHawk93 said:

But he did throw a bullshit excuse to not make a new one. At least he doesn't LOVE F-Zero.

As BS as that reason was, you can't say he hates it. If anything, the higher ups just don't see it as financially stable enough to consider it, which is probably where he got the "I thought people were tired of the series" excuse.

#18 Edited by 93BlackHawk93 (5307 posts) -

@93BlackHawk93 said:

@nintendoboy16 said:

@93BlackHawk93 said:

As BS as that reason was, you can't say he hates it. If anything, the higher ups just don't see it as financially stable enough to consider it, which is probably where he got the "I thought people were tired of the series" excuse.

He also said that it has nowhere to go now as if it reached its limit, yet they keep making Mario Kart... He should've said it wouldn't sell from the begining.

#19 Posted by mkeyou (993 posts) -

great, i just hope they stop announcing newcomers, i want to unlock them because its part of the fun.

#20 Posted by nintendoboy16 (26272 posts) -

@nintendoboy16 said:

@93BlackHawk93 said:

@nintendoboy16 said:

He also said that it has nowhere to go now as if it reached its limit, yet they keep making Mario Kart... He should've said it wouldn't sell from the begining.

Again, the faltering sales of the series likely led to that excuse.

#21 Edited by Desmonic (13397 posts) -

lol for some weird reason I read the title of the thread as "Doddo Kong returns for Smash 4" XD

Doddo Kong: the next best thing after Cranky Kong :P

#22 Edited by PrincessGomez92 (3472 posts) -

Great.

#23 Posted by _Matt_ (8866 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

lol for some weird reason I read the title of the thread as "Doddo Kong returns for Smash 4" XD

Doddo Kong: the next best thing after Cranky Kong :P

Make it happen Ninty!