DId you guys enjoy Bloodborne?

• 57 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51 DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56082 Posts

Bloodborne is a masterpiece. Outstanding PS4 exclusive.

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

Amazing game and easily the best exclusive of the generation so far, but I did not get as much out of it as I did Dark Souls. That being said I think the PvE is the best in any Souls game, period; the atmosphere and level design is just top-notch. Even Nightmare of Mensis is better than most of Dark Souls 2 and far, far more enjoyable than the bullshit areas in Demon's Souls and Dark Souls. Mechanically Bloodborne is sublime and it manages to evolve Souls combat into something better without taking away the distinct sense of feedback and control. However, I've come to realize that the game would be a lot better if Blood Vials worked like Estus in Dark Souls 1 and lamps served as bonfires.

But the game is far from perfect: PvP is a shitshow, Chalice dungeons are boring, and there is a lack of character customization primarily due to a tiny amount of weapons. However it was by far my favorite Souls game to play the first time through. Solid 9/10, and I'm still waiting on that expansion announcement...

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50556 Posts

@Bigboi500 said:
@Blabadon said:

@Bigboi500: did you go to Hemwick Lane yet?

Don't think so. Last I played I was wondering around cathedral paths still. Something weird happened, I was killed by a kidnapper demon, woke up in a strange place called "above ground" or something... dunno.

Also picked up something called a carly rune, or carrol rune that's supposed to expand my ability to carry blood vials... but I don't know how to activate it. This game is really weird tbh.

Communion. After you kill a boss you can start equiping runes in the hunter's dream.

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#54 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

• None of the areas manage to meet the highs in terms of sheer complexity and intricacy of Forbidden Woods.

Right on, Forbidden Woods is the best area in the goddamn game. The area seems so impossibly vast yet has this oppressive aura of claustrophobia. And when you enter that old shack behind the cannon guy and see that villager slowly walking towards you in the dark, and suddenly his head explodes and becomes a writhing mass of snakes, there is this thematic shift in the level that dials the crazy up to 11

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#55 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@princeofshapeir said:
@charizard1605 said:
  • None of the areas manage to meet the highs in terms of sheer complexity and intricacy of Forbidden Woods.

Right on, Forbidden Woods is the best area in the goddamn game. The area seems so impossibly vast yet has this oppressive aura of claustrophobia. And when you enter that old shack behind the cannon guy and see that villager slowly walking towards you in the dark, and suddenly his head explodes and becomes a writhing mass of snakes, there is this thematic shift in the level that dials the crazy up to 11

Yep! It's creepy and massive, and the level design is sprawling but guided, impossibly vast and claustrophobic, like you said. The enemies in this area are something else, too, particularly if you take the time to explore...

@Snugenz:I get the solutions, they're still... annoying, I guess. It may sound like whining, but everything right until then was top notch, which means that the fall seems greater when anything goes wrong. Frenzy, as you noted yourself, is bullshit.

About the edit, yep. In addition to respawning enemies, we have to deal with:

• An Amygdala that induces frenzy
  • An Amygdala that shoots a fucking laser at you
  • Three goddamn hunters at once. THREE!

It's like they just honestly gave up there.

And then the final boss is so anti climactic. Lol.

W1NGMAN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56 W1NGMAN-
Member since 2008 • 10109 Posts

I freakin loved it, holding off on beating it for the second time so I can go around and find all the secret locations I never got to see through my first play through.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

Yes, it was a bit short though.