Did you find Uncharted 3 disappointing/severely flawed?

• 82 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

anybodykilla15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 anybodykilla15
Member since 2005 • 114 Posts

@TREAL_Since:

I know gaming is diverse, but these big budget one playthrough games don't help,

the staggering amount these games are become linear and by the numbers is upsetting.....

which actually makes me not hyped for uncharted 4 now, its more or less going to be a tech demo,

I don't care for set pieces if its the only way to get through a level

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52  Edited By Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

It was ok but after a while i really had to force myself to go back to it, still havn't finished it.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#53  Edited By Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

The story felt forced, as though the writers were under a whip to produce a story, and that story was loaded with filler as a result.

TREAL_Since

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By TREAL_Since
Member since 2005 • 11946 Posts

@anybodykilla15: Yeah, I feel you. I enjoy games like Uncharted and Beyond, as well as games with no cutscenes like Gone Home and Dota. I think if you're looking for a legendary single player only experience with Uncharted 3, you'll probably be disappointed :P. The game was divided into 50% single player, 50% multiplayer, which seems to take away development time from creating new gameplay and story devices that intrigue single player only gamers.

If you look at gaming history, though, there are always trends. There was the contra trend, the beat 'em up trend, the platformer trend, and now the movie experience trend. The shooter trend has always been around, it's just mostly first person now. Developers succumb to an industry success pattern. That said, I really don't feel like cutscenes are taking over the industry. I truly feel there's room for all of them. Everything doesn' have to be open ended IMO.

---

What I'm actually afraid of, are developers not advancing AI and physics in single player games, instead they may focus on using the extra ram for shiny graphics and explosions. There's an opportunity this gen to have AI and physics shine like never before. If what we are doing in blockbuster titles is combating enemies, then those enemies should be varied and highly intelligent. A linear game with extremely intelligent, varied enemies would be great, you wouldn't have to focus on processing more open world assets.

Another thing that I'm weary of, are combat heavy games! I can't stress this enough. There's so much potential in gaming, more than any other medium. It's an all encompassing medium. Killing should NOT be the only way to progress or succeed in a blockbuster game. But that has more to do with the desires of society, unfortunately. There are some amazing non combat games out there though, but we're talking about blockbuster titles :).

Cheleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Cheleman
Member since 2012 • 8198 Posts

Its actually my favorite out of the three. Even though I haven't played the first one.

KillzoneSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#56 KillzoneSnake
Member since 2012 • 2761 Posts

It was a great game. I found the online co op to be the best i have played. SP was nice but not at UC2 level. MP was casual fun like UC2.

withe1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 withe1982
Member since 2005 • 450 Posts

Story wise U3 was immediately forgettable. The End was diabolical and last boss a joke. In fact I remember very little about it, but the gameplay was as solid as ever. Still managed a 92 on metacritic despite it's flaws. It is my least favourite game in the trilogy by a long way yet I still enjoy playing it.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#58 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

That was the stupidest youtube video I've ever seen, and people like that person should never ever critique video games specially when you compare Half Life 2 to Uncharted 3, then saying Jak and Dexter had better writing/story than Uncharted 3? (not saying it had amazing writing), even as a Jak fan myself the story in those games was kinda meh and Jak 1 had a horrible story.

People need to keep their **** opinions to themselves and not blast the internet with their stupidity.

Caseytappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Caseytappy
Member since 2005 • 2199 Posts

I thought it was totally awesome , played it in 3D on a Sony 3D HMZ which was an incredible experience .

Best last gen 3D game by far .

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

The pirate graveyard is where the game got fun. Everything before that was so boring with a lot of forced walking around.

UC3=UC2>UC1>UC:GA

Ratchet_Fan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#61  Edited By Ratchet_Fan8
Member since 2008 • 5574 Posts

POORLY PACED,marlow and talbot are unique personalities but aren that interesting or worth remembering. It's a massssive shadow compared to what UC2 was.That said,i LOVED the boat chapters and falling down to desert

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#62 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

I didnt. In fact I actually thought it was the best Uncharted game. Less shooting, more puzzles (and some clever ones contrary to the basic U1,2 puzzles).

The arabic feeling like its soundtrack, desert, etc, made it feel more like The Mummy wich was a plus for me aswell and the story, though kinda copy-pasted from U2, it was done better.

It wasnt that big of a leap from U2 but imho it was still a more improved better game overall

Now bring Uncharted 4

Fishsticklover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#63 Fishsticklover
Member since 2013 • 252 Posts

@Chutebox said:

No, actually liked the sp just as much or a little more than 2

This, U3 was better than 2 for me

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18797 Posts

UC3 single player was a letdown.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

Yep, very disappointed. It felt unfocused and unfinished with way too much emphasis on its set pieces. It kind of went overboard on them

Not only that but the characters (as bad as they normally are) were pretty crappy in U3

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#66  Edited By sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I find uncharted games very boring and generic they don't bring anything new to the table.

happyduds77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By happyduds77
Member since 2012 • 1688 Posts

Yes I find Uncharted 3 very flawed, but it's still one of the very best games this gen. The story started off very well, but at the end of the Syria chapter it started to go down hill and make no sense what so ever. And it was also heavily downgraded compared to Uncharted 2, content wise. But the graphics, the gameplay and the set pieces were fun and kept me playing for hours.

Still looks amazing

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22664 Posts

@blamix99 said:

Uncharted 3 is great.. beated the game 3x

I beated it zero times... Im gonna get called a dirty lem for this, but I didnt think Uncharted 2 was all that special. I actually enjoyed Uncharted 1 more. @Blabadon

madskills6117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#69 madskills6117
Member since 2006 • 4172 Posts

I enjoyed UC3 but the story and pacing felt a bit off. If anything I was slightly disappointed because I expected another leap forward like ND made from UC1 to UC2. But instead they took tiny steps forward in some areas and big steps backwards in other areas.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

Only two flaws:

1- I think ND showed way too much of the game in their trailers and gameplay vids, etc. But then again, thats probably my fault too for watching everything.

2. The disapperance of the character Cutter. But then we found out that it was becuz the voice actor for it had to leave to do a movie. So its not their fault, and they did their best to roll with it.

3. Not enough Cloe.

Other than that everything was great, and I love the multiplayer.

vincent380

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#71 vincent380
Member since 2003 • 2244 Posts

My main problem with Uncharted 2 and 3 are the final boss fights, Tthey seem so half baked compared to the rest of the game. It was still a great game i just felt it was to much about Sully and it wasn't even Elena or Chloe.

CR00K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#72 CR00K
Member since 2006 • 2657 Posts

@anybodykilla15 said:

I still have uncharted 3 goty,

played it for 5 minutes, the bar fight sucked,

and the museum when you are a kid was when I put it back in its case,

never to see a blu ray since....

but I have always admired what they done technically,

but the uncharted games just don't grab me,

too many damn movie games........

I loved the kid-Drake part. Didn't expect it AT ALL.

Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#73 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

Nah, i didnt like it. WAY to much hand holding.

I might try to replay it in the future, it just didn't grab my attention. UC2 didnt either.

Kiro0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Kiro0
Member since 2009 • 1176 Posts

Certainly not severely flawed. Just because it wasn't quite as good as one of the best games of this generation doesn't mean it was a bad game or something Blab. The only real gameplay issue was their nonsensical change to how aiming worked, and they just patched in the option for UC2's aiming later anyways. The writing was the real weak point, the narrative didn't flow nearly as well as it did in 2, especially the incredibly out of place pirate section.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#75 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

I found uncharted 3 to be quite good. I'm not one to look too deeply into the experience. But I do have my complaints. Marlow was a weak villain, the story was a bit all over the place, things aren't explained as well as two and some other minor things.

But wasn't UC3 made by naughty dogs B team? Does that hold any Implication that's why it was not as good as 2?

Regardless I still had an absolute blast with the game. It did feel like a rehash of 2 but it was still fun nonetheless.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#76  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

@madskills6117 said:

I enjoyed UC3 but the story and pacing felt a bit off. If anything I was slightly disappointed because I expected another leap forward like ND made from UC1 to UC2. But instead they took tiny steps forward in some areas and big steps backwards in other areas.

well, UC2 already maxed out the system, all they could do was improve the formula a little. They still came up with some absolutely amazing set-pieces and gameplay situations on UC3 like the Cruise Ship on the Ship Graveyard Chapter with the crazy physics and stealth mixed with the swimming mechanic.

But UC1 suffered from massive screen tear, the game had no diversity on the environment or shooting situations. And not to mention that the level design was nearly as archaic as one of those old Star Wars games on the PS1. UC1 was ridiculously outdated in all levels, so there was lots of room for improvements unlike UC2.

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#77  Edited By nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts

There are tons of problems with the game, but I'll try to list a few.

Puzzles are clumped together rather than spread out to balance the action. You spend a lot of time in this game by yourself and when buddies tag along its not funny or interesting. The 15min walk in the desert could have been done in 5 minutes. The change to melee system results in mini boss punch outs which are comical when they should not be. In fact there are only like 3 fight areas which don't justify the change in melee system that was FINE in UC2. Stealth is undernourished. The set pieces are boring (aside from the ship). When the sandstorm moves in, you deal with eagle-eye snipers from rubble and even rocket launcher guys. This is compared UC2 which used the snowstorm to facilitate stealth. The story goes nowhere and the baddies are small players who barely show themselves in the second half. The major reveal for Nate is pushed to the background for the remainder of the game. Chloe is barely in the game and is dumped after a few missions, she featured in some of the best bits in UC2. Elena is wasted beyond belief as you push jeeps around an airport. When you get the horse and ride down the canyon, you can just hold forward and it will auto-steer you through the whole sequence.

Lots of other problems, it's not even in the same league as UC2 and nowhere near as fun or adventurous as UC1.

DirkXXVI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#78  Edited By DirkXXVI
Member since 2008 • 498 Posts

I kind of look at it the same way as Metal Gear Solid 4. Not the best in the series, in fact a tad bit short of the standards set by previous titles, but certainly a great game either way. Or better yet to paraphrase Sheldon Cooper, 'it's an Uncharted game. You know, it’s like pizza or particle accelerators, even the stinky one’s still pretty good.'

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

Uncharted 3 was my most dissapointing game of 2011. Hardly reaches the superb story telling, well rounded characters, and memorable gameplay sections of Uncharted 2.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#80 jg4xchamp  Online
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

Game was a disappointment, but at the same time it wasn't the most offensive follow up either. Wasn't even the worst Uncharted game(that one goes to the original) to be quite honest.

I-AM-N00B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#81 I-AM-N00B
Member since 2012 • 470 Posts

No but I thought the second one was better, as I preferred the story and cast of the second game!

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

I liked it, but some parts were crappy like the ship graveyard. The cargo plane sequence was the greatest moment from any of the uncharted games.

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By casharmy
Member since 2011 • 9388 Posts

Uncharted gets graded according to 3 standards, as a playstation exclusive and against one of the most highly praised games of the gen (UC2 ) and as a Naughty Dog game.

It is not that the games is really that bad it's just that it gets graded on a higher standard than games by lesser developers on systems that have lesser quality titles.

If UC3 was made on xbox360 by any of the developers under MS and exactly the same game as it is on PS3, it would have been the game that finally delivered the xbox360 an AAAAE title.