Did you beat P.T. demo? Are you interested?

• 79 results
#51 Posted by scottpsfan14 (4045 posts) -
@SolidTy said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

This "game" is spooky as hell! (pun intended) Even when using the walkthrough. Can't seem to unlock the last puzzle. Doesn't help that a ghost follows your ass and kills you if you wait too long.After all this, I wanna say I'm interested in Silent Hills, but if it's that scary, I may just have to watch others play it lol. What say you, SW?

Yes, I beat PT...but I am a long time Konami fan, long time Silent Hill fan (especially SH1-3 by Team Silent), a LONG, LONG TIME Hideo Kojima Fan, and also I happen to be a huge movie aficionado. Why is that significant? It turns out that I've also been a longtime Guillermo del Toro (film director) fan since 1993's Cronos. He's has a nice body of work that many of you might be familiar with, including Pan's Labyrinth, Hellboy, Hellboy 2, Blade II, Mimic, The Devil's Backbone, and recently with Pacific Rim. Del Toro is involved with PT as well? SWEET!

PT is a match made in heaven as far as I'm concerned and I enjoyed playing it AT NIGHT, With the LIGHTS OFF, in SURROUND SOUND. WOW!

Finally, I absolutely love that the demo was ready to go when the project was unveiled. It was released on PSN as "PT", hidden away on PSN, then announced and on the PS4 PSN store...beautiful execution. Usually we gamers see something on stage and then we wait months to play the demo or beta of a game later. This PT reveal was just a wonderful way to find out about Silent Hills. PT of course, is the code name for Playable Teaser which was for Silent Hills.

I'm not sure why the demo was a PS4 exclusive, but I dug PT none-the-less.

Kojima I'm sure orchestrated this reveal. It's just like him to keep this under-wraps and proceed to mind-f**** the audience. Fans of his know he loves breaking the fourth wall in his games and this was one hell of a surprise. To allow Sony to reveal PT at Gamescom as some sort of new horror game called PT by some unknown studio and leave it to the fans to figure out it's really Silent Hills. Even upon boot up, there are no indications on what this game is. YOU HAVE NO IDEA (unless the internet spoiled it). What a wonderful HIDDEN surprise, especially for longtime SH fans. The way the PT demo went live on PSN almost immediately...almost orgasmic way to reveal a product. The timing was also wonderful, these days we hear about indie games constantly, it was easy to file PT as just another new indie game sliding out of the woodwork, haha.

Sure, it's probably easier to just announce blandly, "Yeah, a NEW SH game is coming gaiz!" That's pretty standard. But that's not what we fans got this time and I haven't seen anyone really talk about how wonderful a reveal this was. I hope we see things like this in the future (surprise game being revealed, turns out the surprise game is actually a different more popular game altogether, demo going live immediately, etc.)

In terms of video game history reveals, this PT reveal is definitely going to be one of the ABSOLUTE BEST REVEALS of a game I've seen in a long, long, long time. Even if I wasn't a SH fan, I would admire how well this surprise and demo execution worked out and I wouldn't help but feel a little jealous games I did like weren't revealed in such an awesome manner.

This part is anecdotal as well, but considering I'm the only one in games forums I've seen rant about how well this PT reveal went down, I don't think many people cared so we probably won't see something like this again, but it's a shame if you ask me. I'm a longtime gamer and gaming historian and boy, what a treat it was to find out that PT after completion was actually a Silent Hills product all this time.

Magnifique Konami!

BRAVO!

The paradox of 'The Solids'. Two members of the Solid race finally converse. The world implodes into itself...

#52 Posted by SolidGame_basic (16980 posts) -
#53 Posted by LostProphetFLCL (17170 posts) -
@SolidGame_basic said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@SolidGame_basic said:
@scottpsfan14 said:

Fuck knows if I beat it. It just loops round a million times. I don't know if that's 'beating' it tho. Got a mad jump scare tho.

you didn't beat it. you're suppose to unlock the trailer.

How?

you have to stay in the hallway, wait till the clock hits midnight, and then - this is the kicker - you have to hear the baby giggle three times. the first time it usually happens right after the clock chimes and you've walked 10 steps. after that, most people don't exactly what they did to trigger the second giggle; but here are some tips http://www.ign.com/wikis/silent-hills/P.T._Demo_Walkthrough after third giggle you need to look at the phone

What the fuck? That's a riddley mess right there! Fuck that. I'll wait for the game to release lol.

Plug in a mic and speak into it to help get the laughs, and also try staring at the phone for like 30 seconds.
Those two things helped me finish that final puzzle.

And yeah, demo is trippy as shit and definitely terrifying. Cannot WAIT to see what the final game will look like.

#54 Edited by SolidTy (42543 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:
@SolidTy said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

This "game" is spooky as hell! (pun intended) Even when using the walkthrough. Can't seem to unlock the last puzzle. Doesn't help that a ghost follows your ass and kills you if you wait too long.After all this, I wanna say I'm interested in Silent Hills, but if it's that scary, I may just have to watch others play it lol. What say you, SW?

Yes, I beat PT...but I am a long time Konami fan, long time Silent Hill fan (especially SH1-3 by Team Silent), a LONG, LONG TIME Hideo Kojima Fan, and also I happen to be a huge movie aficionado. Why is that significant? It turns out that I've also been a longtime Guillermo del Toro (film director) fan since 1993's Cronos. He's has a nice body of work that many of you might be familiar with, including Pan's Labyrinth, Hellboy, Hellboy 2, Blade II, Mimic, The Devil's Backbone, and recently with Pacific Rim. Del Toro is involved with PT as well? SWEET!

PT is a match made in heaven as far as I'm concerned and I enjoyed playing it AT NIGHT, With the LIGHTS OFF, in SURROUND SOUND. WOW!

Finally, I absolutely love that the demo was ready to go when the project was unveiled. It was released on PSN as "PT", hidden away on PSN, then announced and on the PS4 PSN store...beautiful execution. Usually we gamers see something on stage and then we wait months to play the demo or beta of a game later. This PT reveal was just a wonderful way to find out about Silent Hills. PT of course, is the code name for Playable Teaser which was for Silent Hills.

I'm not sure why the demo was a PS4 exclusive, but I dug PT none-the-less.

Kojima I'm sure orchestrated this reveal. It's just like him to keep this under-wraps and proceed to mind-f**** the audience. Fans of his know he loves breaking the fourth wall in his games and this was one hell of a surprise. To allow Sony to reveal PT at Gamescom as some sort of new horror game called PT by some unknown studio and leave it to the fans to figure out it's really Silent Hills. Even upon boot up, there are no indications on what this game is. YOU HAVE NO IDEA (unless the internet spoiled it). What a wonderful HIDDEN surprise, especially for longtime SH fans. The way the PT demo went live on PSN almost immediately...almost orgasmic way to reveal a product. The timing was also wonderful, these days we hear about indie games constantly, it was easy to file PT as just another new indie game sliding out of the woodwork, haha.

Sure, it's probably easier to just announce blandly, "Yeah, a NEW SH game is coming gaiz!" That's pretty standard. But that's not what we fans got this time and I haven't seen anyone really talk about how wonderful a reveal this was. I hope we see things like this in the future (surprise game being revealed, turns out the surprise game is actually a different more popular game altogether, demo going live immediately, etc.)

In terms of video game history reveals, this PT reveal is definitely going to be one of the ABSOLUTE BEST REVEALS of a game I've seen in a long, long, long time. Even if I wasn't a SH fan, I would admire how well this surprise and demo execution worked out and I wouldn't help but feel a little jealous games I did like weren't revealed in such an awesome manner.

This part is anecdotal as well, but considering I'm the only one in games forums I've seen rant about how well this PT reveal went down, I don't think many people cared so we probably won't see something like this again, but it's a shame if you ask me. I'm a longtime gamer and gaming historian and boy, what a treat it was to find out that PT after completion was actually a Silent Hills product all this time.

Magnifique Konami!

BRAVO!

The paradox of 'The Solids'. Two members of the Solid race finally converse. The world implodes into itself...

As long as this creative new SH team is in on it, I'm sold on that paradox game you mentioned, lol.

#55 Posted by KungfuKitten (20900 posts) -

SH3 gave me hallucinations so I am a little hesitant to play this. There is no PC version yet, right? So I can't play it yet anyway. Luckily.

#56 Edited by madsnakehhh (14207 posts) -

Cannot played it since i don't own a PS4...but i saw a video and man, it was creepy as hell, i got a good jump scare and the whole thing as tense as hell, i'm really excited because all the people involved in the game since it seems this could be the best horror game in years, so yeah, i'm pretty hyped.

#57 Edited by SolidGame_basic (16980 posts) -

Cannot played it since i don't own a PS4...but i saw a video and man, it was creepy as hell, i got a good jump scare and the whole thing as tense as hell, i'm really excited because all the people involved in the game since it seems this could be the best horror game in years, so yeah, i'm pretty hyped.

I love watching people play it on youtube for the first time. Makes me laugh!

#58 Posted by ryangcnx-2 (1219 posts) -

I didn't beat it I got stuck stuck pretty close to the end after the "Red Hallway Scene" (thats the best way I can describe it without giving direct spoilers).

When I played it the other night I couldn't take it. Today my wife and I played it during the day and it's still scary, I still squealed (somehow I didn't even see that part on my first attempt). The problem is this game gives no clues at what you actually have to do. Now I personally am interested in Silent Hills if it keeps the scariness of this, but with a bit more coherence of what your supposed to do. Like exploring and actually finding notes or messages that hint at what your supposed to be doing rather than completely randomly going through it.

I would be tempted to buy such a game, but it wouldn't be something I could play at any given time. I had to play a bit of tomb raider (the game I was working on before starting it) before I could even go to bed.

I feel like Nintendo should partner up and package Yoshi's Woolly World with this game so I can have a relief game after playing Silent Hills (my personal joke as after we were done I switched to the IGN app and they were demoing Yoshi and I can't go to bed after watching/playing something freaky and scary)

#59 Posted by navyguy21 (12755 posts) -

NOT looking forward to it since im not a fan of crapping my pants lol

Seriously though, anyone looking for info should watch gameplay from jacksepticeye. Cant wait to see the actual game, the demo was creepy as hell.\

#60 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38214 posts) -

Yeah I beat it and I'm VERY interested. Shit's gonna be great

#61 Posted by StrongDeadlift (5149 posts) -

Played it a few days ago. Add me to the list of people who played all the way until the last puzzle, got bored, and quit.

#62 Posted by Krelian-co (10480 posts) -

day 1

#63 Posted by SolidGame_basic (16980 posts) -

I feel like Nintendo should partner up and package Yoshi's Woolly World with this game so I can have a relief game after playing Silent Hills (my personal joke as after we were done I switched to the IGN app and they were demoing Yoshi and I can't go to bed after watching/playing something freaky and scary)

hahaha

#64 Posted by remiks00 (1732 posts) -

I haven't played the demo yet. Been working too much. But, I'm definitely getting the new Silent Hill.

#65 Posted by navyguy21 (12755 posts) -

Yeah I beat it and I'm VERY interested. Shit's gonna be great

lol, i LOVED your reaction where you rounded the corner like everything was cool now and the guy was standing in the hallway. I laughed for 5ms, not exaggerating lol.

Scared the hell out of me too :P

#66 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

P.T.?

#67 Edited by SolidTy (42543 posts) -

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

P.T.?

Hidden demo found only on the PS4 store at this time.

Secret after you beat it... It's a Playable Teaser for Hideo Kojima's and Guillermo del Toro's new "Silent Hills" (plural) take on the oldschool and at one time popular survivor horror franchise.

Gamescom revealed little. When you boot it up, you still know nothing. It was a very cool way to promote a product, stealthy like Solid Snake.

I played it the night it released, turned the lights up, fired up the 7.1, had the lady beside me...intense.

#68 Posted by AmazonAngry (945 posts) -

Oh hell yes. Demo was brilliant. Demo Already being heralded as the scariest piece of gaming entertainment.

#69 Posted by SolidTy (42543 posts) -

Oh hell yes. Demo was brilliant. Demo Already being heralded as the scariest piece of gaming entertainment.

Agreed. The execution and teaser demo were great.

#70 Posted by xboxiphoneps3 (2303 posts) -

can produce some spectacular graphics with a setting in a small hallway corridors, the games graphics are extremely good and photorealistic in alot of ways

#71 Posted by Eddie-Vedder (7785 posts) -

I HATE horror games, but this was incredible. And then finding out Kojima is behind it... Might be the first horror game I ever purchase.

#72 Posted by clone01 (24564 posts) -

Looks really awesome to me. I was kind of waiting for The Order before I got a PS4. This, combined with Infamous Second Son and the HD remaster of Abe's Odysee, I might just take the plunge.

#73 Posted by chikenfriedrice (9989 posts) -

I'm stuck in the red hallway where you move fast....there is supposed to be a picture on the floor around the corner of the bathroom but there isn't...idk what else to do.

#74 Posted by Eddie-Vedder (7785 posts) -

I'm stuck in the red hallway where you move fast....there is supposed to be a picture on the floor around the corner of the bathroom but there isn't...idk what else to do.

Look for a tiny hole in the wall ;)

#75 Posted by chikenfriedrice (9989 posts) -

@chikenfriedrice said:

I looked but didn't see anything....I will try again though, maybe I missed it. I hate using walk throughs but idk how else to play this game lol

#76 Posted by SolidTy (42543 posts) -

@Eddie-Vedder said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

I looked but didn't see anything....I will try again though, maybe I missed it. I hate using walk throughs but idk how else to play this game lol

You don't just look, you have to zoom in on that hole (L3 or R3, if I recall). :)

#77 Posted by clr84651 (5389 posts) -

Im 41. I finished the demo but I dont think I could last through a whole game of that. To much for my ticker.

I played the demo & I'm your age. I can play through whole game. I turn off my scare nerves when playing. It's all fake! I played both Outlast games and loved them.

#78 Posted by clr84651 (5389 posts) -

didn't even knew there was a demo. will try tonight

You have to search through the games until you find one that says P.T. It doesn't show up in demos. Strange!

#79 Posted by IMAHAPYHIPPO (2563 posts) -

I'm highly interested, but God damn that game was scary. I'm not sure I could handle it.

#80 Posted by SolidTy (42543 posts) -

@clr84651 said:

@silversix_ said:

didn't even knew there was a demo. will try tonight

You have to search through the games until you find one that says P.T. It doesn't show up in demos. Strange!

Yeah, I love how it's hidden. From finding it, to the title, to the name of the studio...sweet. :)

#81 Edited by santoron (7702 posts) -

Played it. Beat it. Day one for sure.

#82 Posted by SolidTy (42543 posts) -

@santoron said:

Played it. Beat it. Day one for sure.

Awesome. Congrats on the completion. :)