Did you beat P.T. demo? Are you interested?

• 90 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45061 Posts

This "game" is spooky as hell! (pun intended) Even when using the walkthrough. Can't seem to unlock the last puzzle. Doesn't help that a ghost follows your ass and kills you if you wait too long.After all this, I wanna say I'm interested in Silent Hills, but if it's that scary, I may just have to watch others play it lol. What say you, SW?

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

Spoiler in the title, but it's all over the internet at this point

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#3 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

Get a headset, scream into the mic, the game needs to think you're scared.

And **** yes I'm excited. Kojima's bat shit crazy ideas and Del Torro's enemy design and imagery and shit. All we need is someone other than those 2 to do the writing (though Pan's Labyrinth is awesome).

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

if the game's going to be in first person then count me out. The demo is not even Silent Hill it's more like a Drag Me to Hell kind of thing.

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#5  Edited By speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

I never say no to an awesome horror game.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#6 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

No I didn't. A friend and I were playing through it together and just like everyone else we got to the last puzzle and got stuck.

tacoma1972

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#7 tacoma1972
Member since 2013 • 199 Posts

Im 41. I finished the demo but I dont think I could last through a whole game of that. To much for my ticker.

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

Yes. But I might need to wear diapers when I'm playing it.

blangenakker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 blangenakker
Member since 2006 • 3240 Posts

Don't have a PS4 but i was interested when I saw that Kojima and guillermo del toro were part of it

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

didn't even knew there was a demo. will try tonight

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SolidGame_basic

@scottpsfan14 said:

Is this demo like a beta? Will it run out or can you keep it until you get the game?

it's just a teaser that unlocks the trailer to a new silent hill game. it plays like a demo.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

GRAPHICS ARE INSANE!!!

And Kojima said the team held back to make it seem like an indie.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SolidGame_basic

@jg4xchamp said:

Get a headset, scream into the mic, the game needs to think you're scared.

And **** yes I'm excited. Kojima's bat shit crazy ideas and Del Torro's enemy design and imagery and shit. All we need is someone other than those 2 to do the writing (though Pan's Labyrinth is awesome).

I finally did it!!

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts

I got to the final part, was really good but I wouldn't want a full game with puzzles that obtuse (though I guess they made them more confusing the teaser so it probably won't be as bad in the actual game). Definitely very interested in Silent Hills.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60705 Posts

Hell yah!

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#17 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

Too scared to play it. I'll try to play it in the morning or middle of the day to reduce the tears and anxiety.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

Nope

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By Legend002
Member since 2007 • 13405 Posts
@Suppaman100 said:

GRAPHICS ARE INSANE!!!

And Kojima said the team held back to make it seem like an indie.

Surprised he didn't say that they downgraded to Xbone level instead.

Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#20 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5903 Posts

I don't like the first person approach, but I'm trying to be cautiously interested.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21  Edited By deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

Yes I am. I need something more scary than those dang creepypasta's around the internetz.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#22  Edited By PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

Yes, but i was stucked on the part that SPOILERS: you need to look through a hole to the bathroom, so i looked for the solution on internet. I'm definitely gettong it. It's the most terrifying game i played since RE trilogy and Silent Hill 1 and 2.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

No....I get scared at the littlest things....and that demo creeped me the **** out.

As much as I want to play scary games....I cannot. If I do...I won't get any sleep....I'll just lie in my bed with the covers over my head listening for every little creek in the walls like a dam child.

It sucks.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

I haven't finished it yet, but I love it. I haven't been this excited for a game reveal since MGS5.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#26 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Loved it and yes I finished it, hopefully it wont be in first person though for the actual game.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 SolidGame_basic

@Ballroompirate said:

Loved it and yes I finished it, hopefully it wont be in first person though for the actual game.

why do you say that?

Zelda187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#28 Zelda187
Member since 2005 • 1047 Posts

Your goddamn right I'm interested

Just judging from the demo, I can honestly say that this is the scariest game I've ever played.

With Resident Evil having basically turned into an action shooter and Silent Hill all but disappearing, the survival horror genre has almost gone extinct. I really didn't find Outlast all that appealing at all.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#29 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

@Ballroompirate said:

why do you say that?

Not a fan of first person horror games, in fact not really a fan of FP games that use the "head on a stick" routine, come on it's 2014 and people are still lazy to animate feet.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

#30 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

The game itself will be great but PT was nothing like a silent hill game . In fact it felt like demo for indie horror game with great visuals . It was boring as hell . In the beginning it really blows your mind , but soon becomes boring after 10-15 minutes . Stuff becomes repetitive .

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 SolidGame_basic

@Cloud_imperium said:

The game itself will be great but PT was nothing like a silent hill game . In fact it felt like demo for indie horror game with great visuals . It was boring as hell . In the beginning it really blows your mind , but soon becomes boring after 10-15 minutes . Stuff becomes repetitive .

sounds like someone had a hard time with the demo

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts

Definitely interested but I wouldn't really say its scary at all. The demo was fantastic and as others have said I hope the final product isn't in first person.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

#33 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

You call that hard .? Lol . BTW , didn't you ask for people opinions .? If you can't handle it , then don;t make threads .

You are just running in circles and in the end . SPOILERS : you just have to look through hole in the wall . Wow so hard .

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5557 Posts

Still cant figure it out .... I got ghosted

Will have to try again tonight.... real creepy with head phones on.

EDIT: I literally paused everytime I got to the end of the first hall, scared to turn the corner to see what was down the next hall.... well done

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 SolidGame_basic

@Cloud_imperium said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

You call that hard .? Lol . BTW , didn't you ask for people opinions .? If you can't handle it , then don;t make threads .

You are just running in circles and in the end . SPOILERS : you just have to look through hole in the wall . Wow so hard .

nah man, you don't have to like it. you just sound like someone who got frustrated and took it on the game lol

Zophar87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#36  Edited By Zophar87
Member since 2008 • 4344 Posts

I beat it last night and for the most part, I was pleasantly surprised. Truth be told, the one thing I did not like was how random the final puzzle was; I have completed it three different times and every time the final puzzle was different than the last. To me there's no challenge in that and I didn't find it fun at all.

Other than that? I liked it a bit. I'm definitely interested in the final product now.

---

EDIT: Also, it's worth noting that this isn't a "demo" for the new Silent Hill game; it's a teaser. Hence the name "P.T." which actually stands for "Playable Teaser"

intotheminx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 intotheminx
Member since 2014 • 2608 Posts

I'm mad jelly that I can't play it, but I watched a stream and I still got the willies just from watching another person play lol. Hopefully Silent Hills will come to PC.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 SolidGame_basic

@intotheminx said:

I'm mad jelly that I can't play it, but I watched a stream and I still got the willies just from watching another person play lol. Hopefully Silent Hills will come to PC.

probably will

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#39 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20103 Posts

Where can I play this demo?

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 SolidGame_basic

@Zero_epyon said:

it's for ps4 only under demos

@scottpsfan14 said:

**** knows if I beat it. It just loops round a million times. I don't know if that's 'beating' it tho. Got a mad jump scare tho.

you didn't beat it. you're suppose to unlock the trailer.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#43  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

This "game" is spooky as hell! (pun intended) Even when using the walkthrough. Can't seem to unlock the last puzzle. Doesn't help that a ghost follows your ass and kills you if you wait too long.After all this, I wanna say I'm interested in Silent Hills, but if it's that scary, I may just have to watch others play it lol. What say you, SW?

Yes, I beat PT...but I am a long time Konami fan, long time Silent Hill fan (especially SH1-3 by Team Silent), a LONG, LONG TIME Hideo Kojima Fan, and also I happen to be a huge movie aficionado. Why is that significant? It turns out that I've also been a longtime Guillermo del Toro (film director) fan since 1993's Cronos. He's has a nice body of work that many of you might be familiar with, including Pan's Labyrinth, Hellboy, Hellboy 2, Blade II, Mimic, The Devil's Backbone, and recently with Pacific Rim. Del Toro is involved with PT as well? SWEET!

PT is a match made in heaven as far as I'm concerned and I enjoyed playing it AT NIGHT, With the LIGHTS OFF, in SURROUND SOUND. WOW!

Finally, I absolutely love that the demo was ready to go when the project was unveiled. It was released on PSN as "PT", hidden away on PSN, then announced and on the PS4 PSN store...beautiful execution. Usually we gamers see something on stage and then we wait months to play the demo or beta of a game later. This PT reveal was just a wonderful way to find out about Silent Hills. PT of course, is the code name for Playable Teaser which was for Silent Hills.

I'm not sure why the demo was a PS4 exclusive, but I dug PT none-the-less.

Kojima I'm sure orchestrated this reveal. It's just like him to keep this under-wraps and proceed to mind-f**** the audience. Fans of his know he loves breaking the fourth wall in his games and this was one hell of a surprise. To allow Sony to reveal PT at Gamescom as some sort of new horror game called PT by some unknown studio and leave it to the fans to figure out it's really Silent Hills. Even upon boot up, there are no indications on what this game is. YOU HAVE NO IDEA (unless the internet spoiled it). What a wonderful HIDDEN surprise, especially for longtime SH fans. The way the PT demo went live on PSN almost immediately...almost orgasmic way to reveal a product. The timing was also wonderful, these days we hear about indie games constantly, it was easy to file PT as just another new indie game sliding out of the woodwork, haha.

Sure, it's probably easier to just announce blandly, "Yeah, a NEW SH game is coming gaiz!" That's pretty standard. But that's not what we fans got this time and I haven't seen anyone really talk about how wonderful a reveal this was. I hope we see things like this in the future (surprise game being revealed, turns out the surprise game is actually a different more popular game altogether, demo going live immediately, etc.)

In terms of video game history reveals, this PT reveal is definitely going to be one of the ABSOLUTE BEST REVEALS of a game I've seen in a long, long, long time. Even if I wasn't a SH fan, I would admire how well this surprise and demo execution worked out and I wouldn't help but feel a little jealous games I did like weren't revealed in such an awesome manner.

This part is anecdotal as well, but considering I'm the only one in games forums I've seen rant about how well this PT reveal went down, I don't think many people cared so we probably won't see something like this again, but it's a shame if you ask me. I'm a longtime gamer and gaming historian and boy, what a treat it was to find out that PT after completion was actually a Silent Hills product all this time.

Magnifique Konami!

BRAVO!

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By SolidGame_basic

@scottpsfan14 said:
@SolidGame_basic said:
@scottpsfan14 said:

**** knows if I beat it. It just loops round a million times. I don't know if that's 'beating' it tho. Got a mad jump scare tho.

How?

you have to stay in the hallway, wait till the clock hits midnight, and then - this is the kicker - you have to hear the baby giggle three times. the first time it usually happens right after the clock chimes and you've walked 10 steps. after that, most people don't exactly what they did to trigger the second giggle; but here are some tips http://www.ign.com/wikis/silent-hills/P.T._Demo_Walkthrough after third giggle you need to look at the phone

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 SolidGame_basic

@scottpsfan14 said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@SolidGame_basic said:
@scottpsfan14 said:

How?

you have to stay in the hallway, wait till the clock hits midnight, and then - this is the kicker - you have to hear the baby giggle three times. the first time it usually happens right after the clock chimes and you've walked 10 steps. after that, most people don't exactly what they did to trigger the second giggle; but here are some tips http://www.ign.com/wikis/silent-hills/P.T._Demo_Walkthrough after third giggle you need to look at the phone

What the ****? That's a riddley mess right there! **** that. I'll wait for the game to release lol.

lol, if I didn't have the walkthrough I probably would've skipped it too

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

Neat demo but yes, it got lame since it seemed completely random at the end. Hope the real game is more traditional.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By SolidGame_basic

@Aljosa23: now that is funny!

@SolidTy: nice, I wish they do another remaster of the silent hill series for next gen consoles (I heard the last one had issues). I never had the guts to tackle on silent hill :( especially 2. I remember when 2 came out and I just couldn't do it! and then I tried again and had the same feeling lol. but maybe I can do it!

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20103 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

@Zero_epyon said:

it's for ps4 only under demos

@scottpsfan14 said:

Thank you!