Did Sony Lie About DriveClub?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22673 Posts

Wow... what a nice turnout... Lots of passion about this game. I have it too... I already had started laying out plans for club I wanted to create and I really like the social features... it seems a fit for car enthusiasts.

My question however isn't built of conspiracy theories and poppycock, part of me admires the tactic... I'm simply asking if Sony engaged in the act of willfully holding a game up against it's competitors counterpart for a launch title, knowing it was never going to be ready...?

I keep running into humorous posts about Alan Wake and other crying foul play... Damn you! Arrrrgggg!!!! not sure I follow? I thought we were talking about DriveClub.

Is this not a fair question to ask or speculate about?

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 TheEroica  Moderator

@Rage010101 said:

yes they lied big time!

Be careful Rage.... that there is a dangerous thought.

Draign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#53 Draign
Member since 2013 • 1824 Posts

@TheEroica said:

Wow... what a nice turnout... Lots of passion about this game. I have it too... I already had started laying out plans for club I wanted to create and I really like the social features... it seems a fit for car enthusiasts.

My question however isn't built of conspiracy theories and poppycock, part of me admires the tactic... I'm simply asking if Sony engaged in the act of willfully holding a game up against it's competitors counterpart for a launch title, knowing it was never going to be ready...?

I keep running into humorous posts about Alan Wake and other crying foul play... Damn you! Arrrrgggg!!!! not sure I follow? I thought we were talking about DriveClub.

Of course its a fair question. But its a free game so I guess they can do whatever they want.

Greatness awaits.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 TheEroica  Moderator

@draign said:

@TheEroica said:

Of course its a fair question. But its a free game so I guess they can do whatever they want.

Greatness awaits.

I love that they are doing a free version... it almost guarantees a community... I really think that if they can pull off the social aspect they are going for, they could revolutionize the de facto features in next gen racing... I've been following it for a while and im most excited for this games release, whenever that may be... hopefully before Alan Wake 2 apparently... ;)

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 no-scope-AK47
Member since 2012 • 3755 Posts

When I see how the mighty Forza turned out I am happy they pushed it back.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#56  Edited By Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Who knows what the reason is, but one thing is for sure they already missed the boat in my eyes in the racing games department. Forza 5 has been great and Horizon 2 will eat up the competition when it is released later on. I'm just happy I'm not a PS4 owner right now because I would start to get pissed with all these delays.

Rage010101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Rage010101
Member since 2006 • 5470 Posts

@TheEroica said:

@Rage010101 said:

yes they lied big time!

*puts ears to ground*

I hear a cow stampede coming.

On a serious note though, it's very lame what Sony pulled with DriveClub. I can only see 2 possible reasons why they would this.

1) They used it as a hype strategy to acquire extra purchases during launch. Raving and hyping consumers that it would be free on launch day for PS+ PS4 owners. I remember alot of cows using that reason to one up and hype PS4 launch lineup over X1 in most threads. Soon after launch, turns out they lied and game isn't coming for quite awhile.

2) Game was terrible, and releasing it would only spell disaster for it. Huge delay just to try and fix it. Still lied to consumers by putting people's hopes up for said line up.

Either way you look at it, they are both lame excuses and both show Sony lied. Heck, when I think about it, both reasons is what actually happened. Sony hyped a terrible unready game to be part of the launch lineup to garner extra sales. Then they pulled out when they realized the game is no where near ready. In the end, the outcome seems like a straight up lie to me no matter how you slice it.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 TheEroica  Moderator

@Rage010101 said:

@TheEroica said:

@Rage010101 said:

yes they lied big time!

*puts ears to ground*

On a serious note though, it's very lame what Sony pulled with DriveClub. I can only see 2 possible reasons why they would this.

1) They used it as a hype strategy to acquire extra purchases during launch. Raving and hyping consumers that it would be free on launch day for PS+ PS4 owners. I remember alot of cows using that reason to one up and hype PS4 launch lineup over X1 in most threads. Soon after launch, turns out they lied and game isn't coming for quite awhile.

2) Game was terrible, and releasing it would only spell disaster for it. Huge delay just to try and fix it. Still lied to consumers by putting people's hopes up for said line up.

Either way you look at it, they are both lame excuses and both show Sony lied. Heck, when I think about it, both reasons is what actually happened. Sony hyped a terrible unready game to be part of the launch lineup to garner extra sales. Then they pulled out when they realized the game is no where near ready. In the end, the outcome seems like a straight up lie to me no matter how you slice it.

EXACTLY... thanks Rage.

Number 1 is what I was suggesting, and number 2 is the other logical reason... I'm simply posing the question... which? or both....?

PinkieWinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By PinkieWinkie
Member since 2006 • 1454 Posts

Do you have proof that Driveclub was pushed back to the end of 2014?

handssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By handssss
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

@TheEroica: I was really looking forward to Driveclub and Watch Dogs. Both got delayed sadly. I really hope we get that game soon. Because it's the exclusive i look forward to the most

watch dogs pissed me off so much because they kept acting as if all was fine and all looked fine. then, out of the blue, it's delayed (and i still think them being scared of GTA V and competition with their other franchise is the real reason) and now, several months past the initial release date, we've still heard absolutely NOTHING from the devs. No screens, no trailers, no announcements save for people guesstimating release windows and now some are saying the trademark for the name no longer exists.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#61  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

The answer is simple.

Sony has a track record of (for the most part) 1st party excellence, and the PS4 1st party titles Knack and Killzone were metacritic letdowns. Hurt both franchises. Sony scrambled, and arguably the titles came out of the oven too early.

Hence, Drive Club's delay to ensure it's better. If the game ends up with a 70ish metascore, just think, it would have been 50s without the delay.

I'm not even into racers, so I haven't suffered a major delay with the machine yet. When I heard it was free with PS+, I still knew I wasn't going to play it. I wasn't interested in the multiplatform Watchdogs which also was delayed...eh.

Solution: Don't early adopt if delays get the better of you. Delays happen with every console every generation, and of course, the PC too...let us never forget.

---

EDIT:

From 1st page:

1.) There is probably a lesson here about launch consoles and early adoption, but I'm too lazy to figure it out.

2.) I guess after every new generation starts for the last 20+ years (SNES, Genesis, Turbographx, Saturn, PS1, N64, Dreamcast, PS2, GC, Xbox, Wii, PS3, 360, Wii U, Xbone, & PS4), I've been subjected years and year of delayed game 'theories'. I guess I'll be seeing it again when PS5/Xbox4/Wii64Cube release.

Some of the hypotheticals might have even been true (unprovable), but I still had to wait to play mah gamez. I guess we go back to point 1.) again.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By SolidTy
@Alucard_Prime said:

Who knows what the reason is, but one thing is for sure they already missed the boat in my eyes in the racing games department. Forza 5 has been great and Horizon 2 will eat up the competition when it is released later on. I'm just happy I'm not a PS4owner right now because I would start to get pissed with all these delays.

All these 'PS4' delays? Driveclub =/= all?

I'm not into racers, but it sucks for those that like them, sure.

I know the multiplatform Watchdogs was delayed on various machines, including Xbone/PS4...but I'm not sure what else you mean by "all".

You will be seeing specific delays as well, it happens every gen for every system exclusives and multiplats. My guess is Remedy's next game.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

While you are at it The Eroica, why don't you add Watch Dogs to the pot? That was shown before any other next gen games and was supposed to be a lunch title for all systems....*shock* but it got delayed

Shit, they must have LIED in a master plot to hype their new conso...Oh wait, their game is multiplat and they don't have a new console to hype fans into buying yet here it is still unrelased just like Drive Club. So why didn't you go after that title with the bright idea using your unshakable logic you are trying to use here with Sony and Drive Club?

So why isn't watch dogs out now Mr conspirisy theorist? Is that also a Sony lie made to hype people for up PS4 (dispite being multiplat and being shown before, Drive club and said to be a launch game)?

I know, I know, it was a master plot to hype people for PC right?

Draign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Draign
Member since 2013 • 1824 Posts

@kinectthedots said:

While you are at it The Eroica, why don't you add Watch Dogs to the pot? That was shown before any other next gen games and was supposed to be a lunch title for all systems....*shock* but it got delayed

Shit, they must have LIED in a master plot to hype their new conso...Oh wait, their game is multiplat and they don't have a new console to hype fans into buying yet here it is still unrelased just like Drive Club. So why didn't you go after that title with the bright idea using your unshakable logic you are trying to use here?

So why isn't watch dogs out now Mr conspirisy theorist? Is that also a Sony lie made to hype people for up PS4 (dispite being multiplat and being shown before, Drive club and said to be a launch game)?

AT least Watch Dogs is a large scale, and ambitious, title. Drive Club is a 30fps free to play game. Unless they change the game entirely, whats the excuse?

Rage010101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Rage010101
Member since 2006 • 5470 Posts

@TheEroica said:

@Rage010101 said:

@TheEroica said:

@Rage010101 said:

yes they lied big time!

*puts ears to ground*

EXACTLY... thanks Rage.

Number 1 is what I was suggesting, and number 2 is the other logical reason... I'm simply posing the question... which? or both....?

Piecing both of them together, honestly I think it's both. Reason 1 seems likely because they wanted to steal Forza 5's thunder and help sell PS4 units based around that hype. Reason 2 seems the followup to reason 1, where they realized the game wasn't ready. If it was a small delay, like say a month or two, I would give them the benefit of doubt, but we are talking about an end of 2014 delay here. They had to have known the game was not ready from the get go, and lied their teeth out as a business strategy. Their intentions were to release it much much later from the start. That long of a delay seems way too fishy for all that not to be true.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#66 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@handssss said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@TheEroica: I was really looking forward to Driveclub and Watch Dogs. Both got delayed sadly. I really hope we get that game soon. Because it's the exclusive i look forward to the most

watch dogs pissed me off so much because they kept acting as if all was fine and all looked fine. then, out of the blue, it's delayed (and i still think them being scared of GTA V and competition with their other franchise is the real reason) and now, several months past the initial release date, we've still heard absolutely NOTHING from the devs. No screens, no trailers, no announcements save for people guesstimating release windows and now some are saying the trademark for the name no longer exists.

Yeah, i was really angry aswell. I get the fact Driveclub was delayed. There was bound to be some delays on Sony's part. But just a month before release they delay it? I got really angry about that

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#67  Edited By Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

@SolidTy: I'm just talking about Driveclub, as per the OP it was supposed to be a launch game yet it got delayed twice already.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 TheEroica  Moderator
@kinectthedots said:

Shit, they must have LIED in a master plot to hype their new conso...Oh wait, their game is multiplat and they don't have a new console to hype fans into buying yet here it is still unrelased just like Drive Club. So why didn't you go after that title with the bright idea using your unshakable logic you are trying to use here?

I'm finding that in yet another thread you are having difficulty with discussion... I'm yet again asking if you are perhaps taking things a tad too serious....

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By SolidTy

@Alucard_Prime said:

@SolidTy: I'm just talking about Driveclub, as per the OP it was supposed to be a launch game yet it got delayed twice already.

I see, you used the word all, but you meant the all encompassing with regards to just the a single game's delays, Driveclub.

The truth is Sony's losing money by not having it out yet, assuming it's a quality title. It would also move units and get on the machine when there aren't any exclusive high quality racing games yet.

I think it's quality control, but either way, sucks for racing fans, sure.

PinkieWinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By PinkieWinkie

So you skip my post about Driveclubs release date? How about you edit the OP or you can lock your own thread for providing false information, thanks.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 TheEroica  Moderator

@Rage010101 said:

@TheEroica said:

@Rage010101 said:

@TheEroica said:

@Rage010101 said:

yes they lied big time!

*puts ears to ground*

EXACTLY... thanks Rage.

Piecing both of them together, honestly I think it's both. Reason 1 seems likely because they wanted to steal Forza 5's thunder and help sell PS4 units based around that hype. Reason 2 seems the followup to reason 1, where they realized the game wasn't ready. If it was a small delay, like say a month or two, I would give them the benefit of doubt, but we are talking about an end of 2014 delay here. They had to have known the game was not ready from the get go, and lied their teeth out as a business strategy. Their intentions were to release it much much later from the start. That long of a delay seems way too fishy for all that not to be true.

And whether it happened or not, Its kind of a fun topic to theorize on. I'd love to see behind the curtain of that world.

I too started pondering the question after the long delay was set....

Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts

@draign said:

@kinectthedots said:

AT least Watch Dogs is a large scale, and ambitious, title. Drive Club is a 30fps free to play game. Unless they change the game entirely, whats the excuse?

Driveclub is not F2P, just had to point that out. Smaller version free for PS+ subscribers but not F2P.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#73 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

I have a better question

How dafuq did you became a mod?!

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#74  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44560 Posts

They probably delayed it at first because it needing to be worked on more, I think the recent delays though are more strategic on when they release. It probably makes more sense to spread games out throughout the year to help boost sales with each title and not let any of MS's releases gain too much momentum in building sales.

I thought I heard it was pushed back to March so that'd make sense. I imagine they don't want their own game to compete with Infamous for sales in February. And if they can release it in March they can get sales revenues before the end of the quarter, which I'm sure they want to be as strong as possible.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator

@Vatusus said:

I have a better question

How dafuq did you became a mod?!

I was nominated by community... I can see I'll enjoy working with you.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#76 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@TheEroica: SONY LIE!?!?! NEVER!!! LMAO!!

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#77  Edited By Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

@SolidTy said:

The answer is simple.

Sony has a track record of (for the most part) 1st party excellence, and the PS4 1st party titles Knack and Killzone were metacritic letdowns. Hurt both franchises. Sony scrambled, and arguably the titles came out of the oven too early.

Hence, Drive Club's delay to ensure it's better. If the game ends up with a 70ish metascore, just think, it would have been 50s without the delay.

I'm not even into racers, so I haven't suffered a major delay with the machine yet. When I heard it was free with PS+, I still knew I wasn't going to play it. I wasn't interested in the multiplatform Watchdogs which also was delayed...eh.

Solution: Don't early adopt if delays get the better of you. Delays happen with every console every generation, and of course, the PC too...let us never forget.

We're you on the development team when they made that decision to delay the game to ensure it's better?

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By SolidTy

@Animal-Mother said:

@SolidTy said:

1.) There is probably a lesson here about launch consoles and early adoption, but I'm too lazy to figure it out.

2.) I guess after every new generation starts for the last 20+ years (SNES, Genesis, Turbographx, Saturn, PS1, N64, Dreamcast, PS2, GC, Xbox, Wii, PS3, 360, Wii U, Xbone, & PS4), I've been subjected years and year of delayed game 'theories'. I guess I'll be seeing it again when PS5/Xbox4/Wii64Cube release.

Some of the hypotheticals might have even been true (unprovable), but I still had to wait to play mah gamez. I guess we go back to point 1.) again.

---

EDIT:

The answer is simple. Sony is losing money not having that game out, assuming it's a high quality. New IPs struggle, so it's vital the game is good and gets in early before the big boys come over like Gran Turismo.

We're you on the development team when they made that decision to delay the game to ensure it's better?

We're = We are?

Do you work on the team across from my cubicle? Did we design some art assets and levels in Motorstorm together, I think I would remember you. Perhaps we should save this convo for the office away from internet fishbowl eyes then. I'll be seeing you by the water-cooler at 11am sharp.

If I was on the team, I would never talk about where I work on the web...but just like I wouldn't ask you a setup question like that which inevitably gets spun into flaming the user and ad hominems, I would and should expect the same as I don't quote you with leading questions. Let's skip that flaming step that proceeds after and say we did it.

Either way, anti-company speculation in the premise of this thread so simply feel free to file my meager 'speculative' answer where ever you wish in this thread about the "Drive Club Delay...Sony lied conspiracy thread". It's clear that this is all speculation, so there is no need to get personal, especially with my just-as-plausible delay scenario. (Historically, it's a reoccurring motif with regards to this exact company and you-know-who).

edwardecl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 edwardecl
Member since 2005 • 2240 Posts

Short answer... Yes. Either that or maybe the studio took on some constructive criticism and decided it was not good enough to release as it was... remember everyone on PSN+ gets a free demo of the game, and if it's crap then nobody will purchase the full thing, maybe they got scared.

There is no stealth Ryse thing going on with it where the first time you find out it's shit is after you have already paid for it.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#80 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

I feel bad for anyone who bought a PS4 in anticipation for Driveclub.

Mr-Kutaragi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Mr-Kutaragi
Member since 2013 • 2466 Posts

@SolidTy said:

Creators need to get on our timetable, dammit!!!!

This applies to every delayed Game, Movie, Book, Music Album, Photo, app, or other artistic/entertainment work. I'm sick of waiting, I want it NOW!!!!

I remember waiting almost 5 years for Alan Wake, Killzone, Stalker, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, S.T.A.L.K.E.R., Too Human, SPORE, the original FABLE, Duke Nukem ForNEVER...I'm sick of it. Some games never release EVER, these jerky companies lie and decide to cancel instead of delay. They skip the delay phase! What the MotherF***ing F**K!!! Cancelled, delayed...I want these products and I want them to entertain me now!

Damn, I bought a LAUNCH 360 waiting for Remedy's Alan Wake, and I know they lied too, right?!?!

Sneaky Companies that lie! F&*$%

There can't be any other explanation other than lying when 50-200+ people collaborate on a giant years long projects, it's they lied or..There is no OR!! It's certainly not because they need time or they ran into a snafu or are adding/editing content! NOPE.

TLHBO

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

What promises did DRIVE CLUB make?

serious, I want to know...

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Animal-Mother

@SolidTy said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@SolidTy said:

---

EDIT:

The answer is simple. Sony is losing money not having that game out, assuming it's a high quality. New IPs struggle, so it's vital the game is good and gets in early before the big boys come over like Gran Turismo.

We're = We are?

Do you work on the team across from my cubicle? Did we design some art assets and levels in Motorstorm together, I think I would remember you. Perhaps we should save this convo for the office away from internet fishbowl eyes then. I'll be seeing you by the water-cooler at 11am sharp.

If I was on the team, I would never talk about where I work on the web...but just like I wouldn't ask you a setup question like that which inevitably gets spun into flaming the user and ad hominems, I would and should expect the same as I don't quote you with leading questions. Let's skip that flaming step that proceeds after and say we did it.

Either way, anti-company speculation in the premise of this thread so simply feel free to file my meager 'speculative' answer where ever you wish in this thread about the "Drive Club Delay...Sony lied conspiracy thread". It's clear that this is all speculation, so there is no need to get personal, especially with my just-as-plausible delay scenario. (Historically, it's a reoccurring motif with regards to this exact company and you-know-who).

lol. Never a straight answer from solidTY as per usual.

Speculation and annoyed as always.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

Some people are missing the TC's point. Don't you think it is odd that this was going to be a launch title since E3 of 2013 and it was delayed pretty much at the last minute, only to be pushed possibly another year?????? For it to be pushed another year it would of have been a pipe dream to make launch.

This or they are scheduling for some insane polishing. But remember the longer devs work on a game, the longer you have to pay salaries and other expenses. Publishers know this and enforce deadlines.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 TheEroica  Moderator

@SolidTy said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@SolidTy said:

The answer is simple.

We're = We are?

Do you work on the team across from my cubicle? Did we design Motorstorm together, I think I would remember you. Perhaps we should save this convo for the office away from internet fishbowl eyes then. I'll be seeing you by the water-cooler at 11am sharp.

If I was on the team, I would never talk about where I work on the web...but just like I wouldn't ask you a setup question like that which inevitably gets spun into flaming the user and ad hominems, I would and should expect the same.

Either way, anti-company speculation in the premise of this thread, file my meager 'speculative' answer where ever you wish in this thread about the "Drive Club Delay Sony lied conspiracy thread. (Historically, it's a reoccurring motif with regards to this exact company and you-know-who).

Who said anything about a conspiracy? I don't even understand why we've had so many off the chart responses in this thread... It appears that "you-know-who's" mere mention of this company ruffles feathers... hmmm. In this case however, I'm not sure he is implying much more than an interesting strategy... ballsy maybe at most, clever at its base.

I've had some really nice conversation in this thread with folks who didn't allow themselves to become victim to the atomic-wedgie of false intention... We can't have arrived at a place where theorizing about games and their development, publishing, and promotion are uncivil and off the table... have we?

either way, I, like you am not a die hard racing fan, but I really like that these ambitious social features could really be a great addition to the genre. Who know's maybe it'll be the stuff that makes the genre more sustainable to my tastes.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

Not to mention they trademarked it 9 years ago. They really did. You can check it online.

Shame there was no racer at launch.

You do know that tons of games get trade mark years before the even get considered to start production...? (even big AAA games that went on to be huge franchise, at one point the were sitting for years before they got picked up.)

Lot of times a dev studio have an idea for a game (thats it, just an idea with a title name) but its too busy working on other games or a franchise they are having succes with, that they just hold off on it for years.

Or sometime that idea for the game they are thinking is not good at the time so they put it on the shelve to see when it will be a good time to come out with it. (And generally launch windows of a console is a good time to come out with the game you arent so sure about how well it will be received, since the new system need games, they will give you the green light just so that the system has games at launch.)

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

@Nengo_Flow said:

@freedomfreak said:

Not to mention they trademarked it 9 years ago. They really did. You can check it online.

Shame there was no racer at launch.

You do know that games get trade mark years before the even get considered to start production...?

Lot of times a dev studio have an idea for a game (thats it, just an idea with a title name) but its too busy working on other games or a franchise they are having succes with, that they just hold off on it for years.

Or sometime that idea for the game they are thinking is not good at the time so they put it on the shelve to see when it will be a good time to come out with it. (And generally launch windows of a console is a good time to come out with the game you arent so sure about how well it will be received, since the new system need games, they will give you the green light just so that the system has games at launch.)

It's a joke.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Animal-Mother

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Some people are missing the TC's point. Don't you think it is odd that this was going to be a launch title since E3 of 2013 and it was delayed pretty much at the last minute, only to be pushed possibly another year?????? For it to be pushed another year it would of have been a pipe dream to make launch.

This or they are scheduling for some insane polishing. But remember the longer devs work on a game, the longer you have to pay salaries and other expenses. Publishers know this and enforce deadlines.

Well when sony is the publisher I'm sure they don't mind footing the bill for a more excellent experience for an exclusive game on their system. Same goes for any company though

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By SolidTy

@Animal-Mother said:

@SolidTy said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@SolidTy said:

---

EDIT:

We're = We are?

Speculation is the ENTIRE whole point of this "Company Lied to me", especially in this "Sony lied Drive Club Delay conspiracy" thread. The whole point of this thread is to lay down speculation as the OP inserts his speculation right in the title and OP of this very here thread. My first post in this thread I already spoke about the hypotheticals, some even might be true but we'll never know. Clearly, I knew what I entered and I had a crack at some entertainment, just as the TC is enjoying the responses from such a thread.

I'm not annoyed and just the opposite really, I'm having a blast, teetering on a line...and I'm dishing lols out for my party. You loled so you get part of it, lol.

Also, I don't give straight answers all the time to spare the butthurt, I've learned the 'net can't handle it...well, Gamespot.com select users can't at least, lol.

PinkieWinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By PinkieWinkie

@TheEroica: lmao how many times are you going to ignore my posts? Provide proof or edit your post. Worthless excuse of a mod

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Animal-Mother

@SolidTy said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@SolidTy said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@SolidTy said:

---

EDIT:

We're = We are?

Speculation is the ENTIRE whole point of this "Company Lied to me", especially in this "Sony lied Drive Club Delay conspiracy" thread. The whole point of this thread is to lay down speculation. My first post in this thread I already spoke about the hypotheticals, some even might be true but we'll never know.

I'm not annoyed and just the opposite really, I'm having a blast, teetering on a line...and I'm dishing lols out for my party. You loled so you get part of it, lol.

Also, I don't give straight answers all the time to spare the butthurt, I've learned the 'net can't handle it.

And who's coming up with conspiracy theories? It'speculation. But you were the one who said this "Hence, Drive Club's delay to ensure it's better". That doesn't seem like speculation to me, seems more like certainty. Also yes it's quite obvious you're annoyed. Also you don't give straight answers because you can't. You just like to come in and confuse people with long statements filled with nonsense. That seems pretty accurate to me and a few others. Also lol if you gave straight answers it would spare butthurt. You've NEVER ever in the history of my time here given a straight answer at all.

CrashNBurn281

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By CrashNBurn281
Member since 2014 • 1574 Posts

I have to say, Sony being deceptive about the release date has me pissed off. This game was one of the reasons I took the plunge with a PS4.

Developers know their schedules better than delaying something so close to release. It is starting to seem like a shameful attempt at keeping people from getting a XBO.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By SolidTy
@Animal-Mother said:

@SolidTy said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@SolidTy said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@SolidTy said:

---

EDIT:

We're = We are?

Speculation is the ENTIRE whole point of this "Company Lied to me", especially in this "Sony lied Drive Club Delay conspiracy" thread. The whole point of this thread is to lay down speculation. My first post in this thread I already spoke about the hypotheticals, some even might be true but we'll never know.

Also, I don't give straight answers all the time to spare the butthurt, I've learned the 'net can't handle it.

And who's coming up with conspiracy theories? It'speculation. But you were the one who said this "Hence, Drive Club's delay to ensure it's better". That doesn't seem like speculation to me, seems more like certainty. Also yes it's quite obvious you're annoyed. Also you don't give straight answers because you can't. You just like to come in and confuse people with long statements filled with nonsense. That seems pretty accurate to me and a few others. Also lol if you gave straight answers it would spare butthurt. You've NEVER ever in the history of my time here given a straight answer at all.

Hahaha...Couldn't help being a dickhead with the flaming, huh? It's me, so you figured, why not, lol. Hey, I tried to keep it peaceful despite who you are, keeping it to a minimum, but I guess I got your goat with my posts, even to this day, lol. I'll never understand you man, just never...you jump into things, you don't have the facts, you assume a lot, there is no way out. No way to please you, at least when it comes to my posts. When you see my name on the board, we both know you have never been happy. I figured by now something, but I can tell you harbor a lot of resentment, and the funny thing is, you didn't even take the brunt of anything.

Typical Animal Mother...Still have that grudge from me owning you all those times over the years when I caught you lying and misinforming people. The Alan Wake stuff, the King of SW stuff...The worse part was you didn't even know what the heck was going on half the time, posting inebriated it seemed. You said what you wanted to say, you think you know what I'm getting at, but you don't. You wanted straight, right? I don't know why...

I can give straight answers, lol, but once the information comes out, the lies and damage control from the other party flies in...it just gets nasty. Nah. I've gotten tons of deleted posts, locked threads, and PMs that you don't even know about...but it doesn't matter because I would rather keep it civil which I tried once with you.

The straight answers I did give were deleted and we both know by who, well I know by who, and you certainly know the persons as well.

Straight answers are pointless because once it's out, you can't delete it...no, I'm not looking for that anymore.

Peace out, lol. This is going to escalate and what's the point? You are who you are and you will never understand, not do I blame you. Why do you care? I don't either, so just let it go, whatever beef you have. It's made up and in your head. I never had issues with you, it was with others, you jumped in back then and I never understood why. You said all you needed to say with your flaming, lol...but rest assured, my posts were a comedic attempt to keep the spin started with the TC.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator

@FoxbatAlpha said:

This is pretty much all this thread was about... dat title I guess...

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Animal-Mother

@SolidTy said:
@Animal-Mother said:

@SolidTy said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@SolidTy said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@SolidTy said:

---

EDIT:

We're = We are?

Hahaha...Couldn't help being a dickhead with the flaming, huh? It's me, so you figured, why not, lol. Hey, I tried to keep it peaceful despite who you are, keeping it to a minimum, but I guess I got your goat with my posts, even to this day, lol. I'll never understand you man, just never...you jump into things, you don't have the facts, you assume a lot, there is no way out. No way to please you, at least when it comes to my posts.

Typical Animal Mother...Still have that grudge from me owning you all those times over the years when I caught you lying and misinforming people. The worse part was you didn't even know what the heck was going on half the time, posting inebriated it seemed. You said what you wanted to say, you think you know what I'm getting at, but you don't.

I can give straight answers, lol, but once the information comes out, the lies and damage control from the other party flies in...it just gets nasty. Nah. I've gotten tons of deleted posts, locked threads, and PMs that you don't even know about...but it doesn't matter because I would rather keep it civil which I tried once with you.

The straight answers I did give were deleted and we both know by who, well I know by who, and you certainly know the persons as well.

Straight answers are pointless because once it's out, you can't delete it...no, I'm not looking for that anymore.

Peace out, lol. This is going to escalate and what's the point? You are who you are and you will never understand, not do I blame you. Why do you care? I don't either, so just let it go, whatever beef you have. It's made up and in your head. I never had issues with you, it was with others, you jumped in back then and I never understood why. You said all you needed to say with your flaming, lol...but rest assured, my posts were a comedic attempt to keep the spin started with the TC.

YOU owned me? You're a funny guy TY. You put one last jab so I would come back. Well thanks for the tuesday night laughs. It was a pleasure. YOU caught ME lying? I'd love to see this. Please bring proof. Because i'd love to see this shit, king of the internet forums.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 SolidTy

@Animal-Mother said:

@SolidTy said:
@Animal-Mother said:

Hahaha...Couldn't help being a dickhead with the flaming, huh? It's me, so you figured, why not, lol. Hey, I tried to keep it peaceful despite who you are, keeping it to a minimum, but I guess I got your goat with my posts, even to this day, lol. I'll never understand you man, just never...you jump into things, you don't have the facts, you assume a lot, there is no way out. No way to please you, at least when it comes to my posts. When you see my name on the board, we both know you have never been happy. I figured by now something, but I can tell you harbor a lot of resentment, and the funny thing is, you didn't even take the brunt of anything.

Typical Animal Mother...Still have that grudge from me owning you all those times over the years when I caught you lying and misinforming people. The Alan Wake stuff, the King of SW stuff...The worse part was you didn't even know what the heck was going on half the time, posting inebriated it seemed. You said what you wanted to say, you think you know what I'm getting at, but you don't. You wanted straight, right? I don't know why...

YOU owned me? You're a funny guy TY. You put one last jab so I would come back. Well thanks for the tuesday night laughs. It was a pleasure. YOU caught ME lying? I'd love to see this. Please bring proof. Because i'd love to see this shit, king of the internet forums.

See, an otherwise boring Tuesday has some entertainment. SW has been, very, very dull these many months, wouldn't you agree?...Ok, everyone's happy, yay! :P

Peace Out fellow gamer. ;)

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By kinectthedots

@FoxbatAlpha said:

There is no point.

My quetion I posed to The Eroica derailed the thread and he couldn't respond to it.

The existance of Watch dogs and the fact that it is the SAME senario excpet that it was announced even earlyer than Drive Club and is not affiliated with Sony kills any idiot argument you mental gyminsts try to make relevant.

Thread/

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 FoxbatAlpha

@kinectthedots: why do you gotta be like that? How are they not affiliated with Sony? Are they not publishing it? If not it doesn't change the fact that Sony cloud have used this game to drum up hype all year for the soon to be system.

This thread is what SW needs more of.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By kinectthedots

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@kinectthedots: why do you gotta be like that? How are they not affiliated with Sony? Are they not publishing it? If not it doesn't change the fact that Sony cloud have used this game to drum up hype all year for the soon to be system.

This thread is what SW needs more of.

Watch Dogs!!!

Boom, just like that, this thread is debunked.

1. Was Watch Dogs suppoed to be a lunch title? Check

2. Was it the first big next gen game to be seen for next gen? Check

3. Was there a lot of hype and press announcements leading up to the launch of next gen consoles? Check

4. Did it getting delayed and still currently delayed? Check

5. Is Watch Dogs a Sony exclsuve IP for PS4 which would some how boost PS4 sales by lying about it being a launch title then suddely delaying it because the game was never supposed to come out? Hell no, only an idiot would come to that conclusion which any person who did should step out of their conspiriacy theory toll booth and back into reality.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 FoxbatAlpha

@kinectthedots: multiplat vs a exclusive.

Boom thread still alive and well.

Just because WD was delayed doesn't mean shit. Games are delayed all the time. Sony would have less control over a multiplat just to hype up a launch.