Did Microsoft Fulfil Their Promise?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58890 Posts

"It's Time for Us to Talk About Gaming on Windows"

Quotes over the past 2 years

"A renewed focus on Windows and PC gaming inside Microsoft is definitely happening," he continued. "You will see more focus from us — not to go compete with what Valve has done, but because we also understand as the platform holder it's important for us to invest in the platform in a real way. We're fundamentally committed to that."

"We have a longer term plan for multiplayer gaming and marketplace on Windows."

"Part of my Xbox role is to bring back our Windows gaming focus," Xbox boss Phil Spencer says.

The reality?

Discuss.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2 inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

We have to wait and see what happens with DX12 and windows 10.

12Danny123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By 12Danny123
Member since 2014 • 110 Posts

Well, they technically did, at the 22nd January event, they announced that Fable Legends is coming to PC but we can't judge yet weather they will be more PC focus. But MS is pretty much doing this to embed their products with XB integration and kill Steam

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#4 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

Yes they did. DirectX 12 alone will give PC gaming a huge boost. Them shutting down a failed game does not prove anything to the contrary and you are, of course, true to your nature, going to hate on them because you can.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5  Edited By NyaDC
Member since 2014 • 8006 Posts

So far it seems that everything they've said they were going to do or were in the process of doing; they are. They turned the Xbox One around completely, they are bringing PC gaming back to relevance and integrating it with the Xbox One via Windows 10, it seems like they're really trying to move things forward and stick to their word.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By uninspiredcup

@nyadc said:

they are bringing PC gaming back to relevance and integrating it with the Xbox One.

But that's not pc gaming. Promotes Xbox.

@12danny123 said:

Well, they technically did, at the 22nd January event, they announced that Fable Legends is coming to PC

Fable already ported pc prior.

Console port.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 NyaDC

@uninspiredcup said:

@nyadc said:

they are bringing PC gaming back to relevance and integrating it with the Xbox One.

I think what they're trying to do for their end of PC gaming is create a symbiotic relationship with Xbox via Windows 10. It doesn't put emphasis solely on the Xbox One but rather shows that they want to bring PC and Xbox together for games that they are directly involved with, something which is fantastic.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By uninspiredcup

@nyadc said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@nyadc said:

I think what they're trying to do for their end of PC gaming is create a symbiotic relationship with Xbox via Windows 10.

To promote Xbox: a trojan horse.

Barring DX12 (which is for Xbox) nothing shown for pc. Yet, sadly, the younger pc gamers jumping round with joyous smiles of vindication. Very odd.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 NyaDC

@uninspiredcup said:

@nyadc said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@nyadc said:

I think what they're trying to do for their end of PC gaming is create a symbiotic relationship with Xbox via Windows 10.

Barring DX12 (which is for Xbox) nothing shown for pc. Yet, sadly, the younger pc gamers jumping round with joyous smiles of vindication. Very odd.

I guess we just view things a bit differently.

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#11 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

I took "support PC gaming" to mean, at the least, admitting GFWL was a failure and shutting that service down for good, and then releasing wireless adapters for Xbox One controllers on PC, just like wireless 360 controllers on PC.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

I don't care. New AoE or GTFO.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

GDC Wednesday, March 4 | 11:00am - 12:00pm The Future of Gaming Across the Microsoft Ecosystem (Presented by Microsoft) Speaker: Phil Spencer (Xbox)

One way to find out.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By uninspiredcup

@charizard1605 said:

and you are, of course, true to your nature, going to hate on them because you can.

According to my electronically electric book; purchased on amazon for a price of £12.99; titled, "Verbal Judo", using so many informal pronouns close together typically means the person has been effected emotionally. At least according to the book, which was written by an actual, real, in real-life police-man.

This however is sound advice: perhaps negativity has influenced thinking; like a tainted summer wine. A possibility exists of being wrong, however unlikely.

Given the nature of the industry, having anything but as low an opinion as humanly possible: it is very difficult my friend, a struggle even. Oh.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

No.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@nyadc said:

So far it seems that everything they've said they were going to do or were in the process of doing; they are. They turned the Xbox One around completely, they are bringing PC gaming back to relevance and integrating it with the Xbox One via Windows 10, it seems like they're really trying to move things forward and stick to their word.

Man that was funny...hahahahaa

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

They always deliver. Game servers get shut down all the time when games get too old. Nothing new there.

DX12 will have a presence today. Stick around!

Fuhrer_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Fuhrer_D
Member since 2011 • 1125 Posts

You'll see the growth of the Xbox app in Windows 10. The mature version will allow you play games on your computer purchased through the Windows Store. These game will work universally between the Xbox One and your PC, streaming both ways, or downloaded to the respective hardware. What you are seeing now (the current Xbox app in W10, Project Spark, Fable Legends, streaming from Xbox One to any W10 device) is the frame work for the final product.

What Valve is trying to do with Steam, is the same as what Microsoft is trying to do, just in the opposite direction.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

I dunno. You should research that. Take a year off from these forums and get back to us on what you find. We'll be waiting with baited breath.

Fuhrer_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Fuhrer_D
Member since 2011 • 1125 Posts

@clone01:

I hope you weren't talking about my post. As you can see by today's news, I may know what I'm talking about and not pulling it out of thin air.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46222 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

Yes they did. DirectX 12 alone will give PC gaming a huge boost. Them shutting down a failed game does not prove anything to the contrary and you are, of course, true to your nature, going to hate on them because you can.

You can't deny MS has made looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooaads of promises about PC gaming in the past years. And I mean loads, loads of promises. Yet barely ever announced anything, right ?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 uninspiredcup

It's shocking how easily duped pc gamers have become; desperation seems to work wonders in destroying objective viewpoints.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

@Fuhrer_D said:

@clone01:

I hope you weren't talking about my post. As you can see by today's news, I may know what I'm talking about and not pulling it out of thin air.

Referring to TC.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

It's shocking how easily duped pc gamers have become; desperation seems to work wonders in destroying objective viewpoints.

know what isn't shocking? You still bashing Microsoft even when they're showing support for the PC. Explain how PC gamers are being desperate

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By uninspiredcup

@lawlessx said:

@uninspiredcup said:

know what isn't shocking? You still bashing Microsoft even when they're showing support for the PC. Explain how PC gamers are being desperate

My friend: this was explained and correct twice. We are in the past-tense.

Very impressive.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 lawlessx

@uninspiredcup said:

@lawlessx said:

@uninspiredcup said:

I just did. I was right. Twice.

you didn't answer the question. I asked to explain where is this desperation you're referring to. Microsoft promised to support the PC gaming community and so far it looks like they're doing just that. May not be the support YOU were hoping for..but it's still support.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#27 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

LOL Uninspiredcup thread,

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#28  Edited By pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

Everything MS do is designed to make money and milk people. Expect more GFWL type scummery with anything involving PC gaming and Microsoft.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By lawlessx

@uninspiredcup said:

@lawlessx said:

@uninspiredcup said:

My friend: this was explained and correct twice. We are in the past-tense.

Very impressive.

you are indeed an expert of misdirection uninspiredcup.

Don't think I've ever seen you answer a question directly on this board without resorting to backhanded complements to reinforce your superiority complex

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13663 Posts

It's not a matter of 'have they', it's a matter of 'will they'. It's like you hear some announcements and instantly start looking left and right for changes. A lot of these changes take time to develop.

DX12 is going to be a big deal on the PC and it's easy porting capability with the X1 will open up opportunities for the console/PC cross ecosystem MS are looking into. And things will develop from there.

Their X1 change in direction is also not an overnight thing, it'll take time too. But I don't care as much about that right now.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#31 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

Judging on the direction Windows 10 is heading? I would say Microsoft is working towards it. (whatever "it" is in this instance, I'm not really sure - you kinda threw up some quotes and a random video that I'm sure no one watched)

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 uninspiredcup

@R3FURBISHED said:

@uninspiredcup said:

Judging on the direction Windows 10 is heading? I would say Microsoft is working towards it. (whatever "it" is in this instance, I'm not really sure - you kinda threw up some quotes and a random video that I'm sure no one watched)

But it has 1 million views.

GabensHerald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 GabensHerald
Member since 2015 • 171 Posts
@pelvist said:

Everything MS do is designed to make money and milk people. Expect more GFWL type scummery with anything involving PC gaming and Microsoft.

This. Probably another Uplay/Origin style storefront. But then even Gabe has been getting lazy lately and SteamOS is a broken piece of shit as it currently stands (Also, closed source Debian. Way to piss off the Linux evangelists) and Windows 10 is surprisingly solid (Back to Windows 7 days at least). So Gabe will probably inadvertently hand over yet another generation of PC gaming to MS because even as a hardcore hermit and Gabe Evangelist. **** SteamOS.

Still, it could be worse. Could be the PS4

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#34 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

@nyadc said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@nyadc said:

wait what? Have you not seen the benchmarks demos yet?

drinkerofjuice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#35  Edited By drinkerofjuice
Member since 2007 • 4567 Posts

All this because Age of Empires online was shut down? Who fucking cares?

Alcapello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Alcapello
Member since 2014 • 1396 Posts

No, they need a new controller. One that isn't a toy.