Did any of you try out the Conception II demo on Vita/3DS?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by SonicNextGen2 (3556 posts) -

Decided to give it a go and holy hell, this is not what I expect from Spike Chunsoft.

The characters are terrible and the fan service is creepy.

The dialogue is just a bunch of hidden innuendo (not even the subtle/funny kind).

The labyrinths are so poorly designed and boring.

And the battle system is so simple and easy. Usually, I am the one to defend JRPGs, but damn this a terrible game, what did you all think?

#2 Posted by R4gn4r0k (17620 posts) -

You really aren't giving us much reason to check it out :p

#3 Edited by SonicNextGen2 (3556 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k: I'm seeing if anyone likes this, just for kicks. Still, different strokes for different folks. Hell, I liked the third Neptunia game.

#4 Posted by Blabadon (29239 posts) -

Ughh, no

#5 Posted by SonicNextGen2 (3556 posts) -

@Blabadon: But it's made by the Zero Escape team :3

#6 Posted by Blabadon (29239 posts) -

@SonicNextGen2: No it's not.

#7 Posted by UnbiasedPoster (1134 posts) -

Why in the fuck would they name a video game Conception?

Unless it's an educational game.

#8 Posted by SonicNextGen2 (3556 posts) -

@Blabadon: It's made by Spike Chunsoft

#9 Posted by DJ-Lafleur (34377 posts) -

*google image game*

yeah, I can see how the game would be bad...

#10 Posted by Ballroompirate (23927 posts) -

Isnt that the game people have kids through magic? I mean that would take all the fun out of the "birds and the bees".

#11 Posted by treedoor (7648 posts) -

All I know is that whatever score this gets on Gamespot I'm adding +2 to it to account for Gamespot's bias.

#12 Posted by bbkkristian (14968 posts) -

I had fun with it, when you classmate with your classmates with the weird music going on, I was laughing the entire time. The game doesn't take itself seriously, and neither should the player.

#13 Posted by Yangire (8795 posts) -
@SonicNextGen2 said:

@Blabadon: It's made by Spike Chunsoft

That doesn't mean that the same team developed it. For example, team that makes Kingdom Hearts games doesn't make Dragon Quest games just because it's the same developer.

#14 Posted by charizard1605 (63116 posts) -

No, in fact I've been playing the full game for a while now.

Interesting experience, I don't actually find it as bad as you do.

#15 Edited by finalfantasy94 (27024 posts) -

Not yet but will soon.

#16 Posted by SonicNextGen2 (3556 posts) -

@charizard1605:

Does the combat system get better? If it does, I'll probably give it another shot.

#17 Posted by SonicNextGen2 (3556 posts) -

@Yangire:

Square Enix has 3,300 people working under the development teams. Chunsoft alone has 67, take that as you may.

#18 Posted by Slashkice (13774 posts) -

I'm confused, weren't you the one who told me the battle system was fun before? :p

Anyhow, I downloaded it since I figured I should try it out in English. The characters came across as too stereotypical, and the plot didn't manage to catch my interest. I actually didn't finish the demo. By the time the game opened up and let me pick where I wanted to go, I just didn't care anymore. The demo's still on my Vita, but I don't think I'll go back to it, especially since I already played through the JP one.

#19 Posted by Yangire (8795 posts) -
@SonicNextGen2 said:

@Yangire:

Square Enix has 3,300 people working under the development teams. Chunsoft alone has 67, take that as you may.

Spike and Chunsoft were originally two different companies. Chunsoft has always been a heavily adventure game oriented developer, Spike wasn't. By the way, Spike Chunsoft has had 200 employees since 2013.

#20 Posted by finalstar2007 (26290 posts) -

I'll buy the game much later as i just bought FFX and FFX-2 for the vita i'll be busy with that till E3 maybe lol

anything else will have to wait till im done with FFX

#21 Edited by SonicNextGen2 (3556 posts) -

@Slashkice: I don't recall doing that :/ This is the first time I've played this before.

I think I said it sounded fun after posting a trailer, but trying it now is a new experience.

#22 Posted by Xplode_games (618 posts) -

Glad I didn't try it

#23 Edited by RogueStatus28 (546 posts) -

The dialogue aches me.

#24 Posted by Ghost120x (4356 posts) -

My bro downloaded it on his 3ds and said the same exact thing. I wanted to download the vita demo to compare the graphics/performance, but now I won't even waste my time.

#25 Posted by Ballroompirate (23927 posts) -

Played the demo (vita) it was alright but I went in with 0 expectations and it was sorta interesting. The old pervy dude reminds me of Char though.

#26 Posted by finalfantasy94 (27024 posts) -

@SonicNextGen2 said:

Decided to give it a go and holy hell, this is not what I expect from Spike Chunsoft.

The characters are terrible and the fan service is creepy.

The dialogue is just a bunch of hidden innuendo (not even the subtle/funny kind).

The labyrinths are so poorly designed and boring.

And the battle system is so simple and easy. Usually, I am the one to defend JRPGs, but damn this a terrible game, what did you all think?

I didint find much wrong with the characters. Non came off annoying or anything witch is good.I actually chuckled at the pervy diolog moments yea i know its childish but hey what can I say i laughed at the silly.I agree with the labyrinths they are pretty boring. Since they went with the whole 7 sins they could have used that as insperation for designing these dungions. The most I think they will use it for is making the bosses look different. The battle system is ok though to be honest theres proboly more to it. The demo kept going and I stoped after like an hr and decided to wait till I had the full game in my hands.