Diablo 3 is 1080p/60fps on Xbone after all.

• 104 results
#51 Edited by tormentos (17168 posts) -

@blackace said:
@Salt_The_Fries said:

SAUCE

It's via day-one patch but it is there nonetheless, it probably benefited from that SDK update.

There will be another SDK update in October and then another one next year in early Spring. The full version of DX12 will be installed next year.

And the sun will go super nova and stream magma power directly at the xbox one cloud..

#52 Posted by StormyJoe (4934 posts) -

@StormyJoe said:

@tormentos said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@tormentos: PS4 games never needed a 1080P patch? The fact is the update is helping games reach 1080P, nothing negative can be said.

@StormyJoe said:

@tormentos: Who gives a f**k? It's 1080p now. You are the worst offender of the delusion. You lived and died by what CBOAT on NeoGAF said, until he said "over time, the XBox One will consistently achieve 1080p/60FPS."

Face it - more an more XB1 games are hitting that mark. Your resolutiongate hot topic is fading away.

Both on you are on denial this game should have been 1080p since day 1 of development even a weaker GPU than the one on xbox one run it at 1080p there was no reason what so ever for this game on any stage of development to be 900p.

Really what games are hitting the mark.?

Destiny which has been say from the star that parity was a most for Bungie.? Holding back the PS4 isn't parity.

Diablo 3 run at 1080p in a freaking 550Ti which is weaker than a 7770 GPU,...lol

What happen on Sniper Elite 3 which is the latest head to head.? Oh yeah the PS4 is up to 30FPS faster while having better higher quality effects as well..lol

There is not parity you blind biased lemming,the only parity that could be here is this ...

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/778?vs=777

Remember what i told you the gap could amount to.? I was right you weren't,now cry about how i hold to the one i so call win,while you pretend to have admit to have loss but on the other side keep arguing the same sh** about parity knowing very well that there could be no parity between this 2 consoles because one has a significantly stronger GPU.

Every time the xbox one chase the PS4 into 1080p it will have to give up something unless the developer hold the PS4 back period there is no way around this.

@cainetao11 said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@tormentos: PS4 games never needed a 1080P patch? The fact is the update is helping games reach 1080P, nothing negative can be said.

Also "it should have been 1080p from day one"? But on day one, when the game releases it will be 1080p.

I played it a lot on PS3 when it came out. I wont be buying it again.

I wasn't taking about day of release,i was talking about the start of the development...

SNIPER ELITE? Are you goddamned kidding me? Who gives a shit about an A caliber game? Diablo 3, Doom 4, Destiny, Halo 5, the list goes on.

I am sorry to crush your dream of resolutiongate continuing forever, but it's not going to happen. I don't give a shit what charts you embed into your replies - the game are speaking for me. Get over it.

Using destiny as an example shows your ignorance. Bungie has stated several times they wanted parity across all four versions. Can you not grasp simple concepts? Parity across four platforms, 2 of which are last gen. I’m sure nothing was held back. Are you a kid or just slow in the head?

DOOM 4? HALO 5?

Whatever, man. You are just as bad as el tormento...

#53 Edited by blackace (20291 posts) -

@blackace said:
@Salt_The_Fries said:

SAUCE

It's via day-one patch but it is there nonetheless, it probably benefited from that SDK update.

There will be another SDK update in October and then another one next year in early Spring. The full version of DX12 will be installed next year.

And the sun will go super nova and stream magma power directly at the xbox one cloud..

This isn't anything special. XB1 engines are just warming up. The CLOUD and DX12 haven't even entered the picture yet really. Next year is going to be a fun year.

#54 Edited by highking_kallor (512 posts) -

@highking_kallor said:

@StormyJoe said:

@tormentos said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@StormyJoe said:

@tormentos: Who gives a f**k? It's 1080p now. You are the worst offender of the delusion. You lived and died by what CBOAT on NeoGAF said, until he said "over time, the XBox One will consistently achieve 1080p/60FPS."

Face it - more an more XB1 games are hitting that mark. Your resolutiongate hot topic is fading away.

Both on you are on denial this game should have been 1080p since day 1 of development even a weaker GPU than the one on xbox one run it at 1080p there was no reason what so ever for this game on any stage of development to be 900p.

Destiny which has been say from the star that parity was a most for Bungie.? Holding back the PS4 isn't parity.

Diablo 3 run at 1080p in a freaking 550Ti which is weaker than a 7770 GPU,...lol

What happen on Sniper Elite 3 which is the latest head to head.? Oh yeah the PS4 is up to 30FPS faster while having better higher quality effects as well..lol

There is not parity you blind biased lemming,the only parity that could be here is this ...

Remember what i told you the gap could amount to.? I was right you weren't,now cry about how i hold to the one i so call win,while you pretend to have admit to have loss but on the other side keep arguing the same sh** about parity knowing very well that there could be no parity between this 2 consoles because one has a significantly stronger GPU.

Every time the xbox one chase the PS4 into 1080p it will have to give up something unless the developer hold the PS4 back period there is no way around this.

@cainetao11 said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

Also "it should have been 1080p from day one"? But on day one, when the game releases it will be 1080p.

I wasn't taking about day of release,i was talking about the start of the development...

SNIPER ELITE? Are you goddamned kidding me? Who gives a shit about an A caliber game? Diablo 3, Doom 4, Destiny, Halo 5, the list goes on.

I am sorry to crush your dream of resolutiongate continuing forever, but it's not going to happen. I don't give a shit what charts you embed into your replies - the game are speaking for me. Get over it.

Using destiny as an example shows your ignorance. Bungie has stated several times they wanted parity across all four versions. Can you not grasp simple concepts? Parity across four platforms, 2 of which are last gen. I’m sure nothing was held back. Are you a kid or just slow in the head?

DOOM 4? HALO 5?

Just trying to enlighten you so you don’t come off like a moron. Whoops sorry to late. Please continue.

Atleast im not into furries. Wink wink

#55 Posted by StormyJoe (4934 posts) -

@StormyJoe said:

@highking_kallor said:

@StormyJoe said:

@tormentos said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@StormyJoe said:

@cainetao11 said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

DOOM 4? HALO 5?

Just trying to enlighten you so you don’t come off like a moron. Whoops sorry to late. Please continue.

Atleast im not into furries. Wink wink

Name calling now? Well, I guess I won this argument since that's all you have. Peace.

#56 Edited by cainetao11 (16917 posts) -

@tormentos:

My bad, we say 'day one' when excited to buy a game so I only saw that day one.

#57 Edited by highking_kallor (512 posts) -

@StormyJoe:

You sure are a winner all right. Enjoy the victory. You don't get many.

Keep guessing chump. Oh and you started the name calling saying im as bad as El tormo. I just responded in kind. Its all right I still love laughing at your posts.

#58 Posted by Alucard_Prime (2746 posts) -

Cool stuff, loved the 360 version and I'm stoked for this one, I hear there is a Paladin-like character in the expansion. I'm more interested on how the 60fps will look like, because I remember when it got hectic on the 360 there were massive frame drops.

Day 1 purchase

#59 Posted by highking_kallor (512 posts) -

@Alucard_Prime:

Same here. Been waiting long enough. Can't buy the pc version DRM makes me sick.

#60 Posted by MlauTheDaft (3414 posts) -

Well... I guess that's impressive since D3 does have performance problems, even in the PC version...... Thanks to it being online...

Ehh, I'm like Para 540, I'm done with Diablo till they actually release new content.

#61 Posted by cainetao11 (16917 posts) -

@blackace said:

@tormentos said:

@blackace said:
@Salt_The_Fries said:

SAUCE

This isn't anything special. XB1 engines are just warming up. The CLOUD and DX12 haven't even entered the picture yet really. Next year is going to be a fun year.

Dude, please tell me you're joking. I believe the X1 will produce better looking or performing games, as every console in history has gotten better over its life cycle. But lets not talk Cloud or DX12.

#62 Edited by Mr-Kutaragi (1928 posts) -

Now lemmings claiming Diablo 3 more technical and demanding than Sniper 3. Just when you think lem could not get dumber, they do...

#63 Edited by Mr-Kutaragi (1928 posts) -

@blackace said:

@tormentos said:

@blackace said:
@Salt_The_Fries said:

SAUCE

Lems wait for system parity:

#64 Posted by lostrib (34704 posts) -

@blackace said:

They'll probably get parity on Destiny

#65 Edited by ccagracing (790 posts) -

As most PC systems seem capable of holding 1080p 60fps from the chart above it would be nice to see both consoles push the graphic fidelity a bit on this particular title. I'm not sure whether to pick this up on xb or pc for cheap.

#66 Posted by tormentos (17168 posts) -

DOOM 4? HALO 5?

You don't get it do you.?

Just because one game is 1080p on both platforms and run the same doesn't mean parity was achieve if that was true parity was achieve since launch Need For Speed is 1080p 30FPS lock on both platforms there you have it parity.

They can claim doom 4 is 1080p 60FPS,the game been that way is another 2 cents,Rebellion claimed the same for xbox one version of Sniper Elite 3 and not it was 60FPS even before the v-synch patch.

Wolfenstein was claim to be 1080p 60 FPS,but has dynamic resolution switching,it drops almost as low as 720p on xbox one when things get hot.

So until doom 4 arrive you are basically countering our argument with empty promises,when we are firing away with irrefutable facts like Wolfenstein, SE3 and others.

And Halo 5 you don't even know what kind of graphically fidelity will even have don't expect Ryse graphics the game is say to be open.

1080p 60FPS is achievable on xbox one under certain parameters that is all.

@blackace said:

The cloud enter this pass March when Titanfall release and DX12 for the 100 times has been on xbox one since day 1,only 2 components where so call missing and they would not add sh** basically on xbox one.

DX12 is about lower CPU over head on PC,on console that isn't need it,it was already there reason why the demo was not done on xbox one,it was done on PC and reason why now Phill Spencer back pedal and say DX12 will not bring huge changes to the xbox one,but that will make games easier to make..lol

But remember you sold of 2015 as the date everything will change now don't go and banish from the forum when the times comes..lol

#67 Edited by sSubZerOo (43082 posts) -

As most PC systems seem capable of holding 1080p 60fps from the chart above it would be nice to see both consoles push the graphic fidelity a bit on this particular title. I'm not sure whether to pick this up on xb or pc for cheap.

Honestly as a pc gamer I think I would rather have gotten it for the console for the split screen co-op if anything.

#68 Edited by Zelda187 (717 posts) -

@Vatusus said:

@Zelda187 said:

@Vatusus said:

I'm playing it on the PS3 atm. Its not a graphics demanding game. It would defnitely be weird if the Xbone couldnt run it at 1080p... its a very repetitive game aswell, dont know why it got the hype it got by PC gamers prior to its release.Diablo gameplay mechanics definitely didnt aged well.

It received a lot of hype because Diablo 2 is regarded by many as one of the greatest games of all-time.

Diablo 3 turned out to be a heaping pile of shit in comparison.

I have played Diablo 2 many years ago. The gameplay basis of Diablo 2 and Diablo 3 was exactly the same: grinding and loot, an outdated gameplay mechanic that just doesnt fit well at this day and age. Maybe Diablo 2 was good at the time but was it released today with prettier graphics and it would be just as repetitive and bland as Diablo 3. The premise of diablo and its gameplay just doesnt stand on its own. So again, why was people hyped for more of the same when the reasons why they were hyping it were outdated already? Was it because of nostalgia only? Like when people hyped twisted metal because of the name only when "car combat" gameplay was an outdated concept already?

If this is your mindset, then I don't even know how I can explain it to you.

Diable 3 was a fucking watered down mess.

Diablo 2, Baldur's Gate 1&2, Planescape: Torment, and Fallout 1&2 are widely considered among some of the greatest games ever made.

Classic top-down RPG's with amazing gameplay, a great storyline and fantastic customization, freedom and depth.

Console gamers can honestly sit here and hype the shit out of games like DA: Inquisition (how the fuck that is even possible after DA 2...I haven't the foggiest idea) but then shit on upcoming games like Wasteland 2 and Pillars of Eternity?

That just gang fucks my mind...and speaks to the simpleton mindset that most console gamers have.

#69 Posted by Cloud_imperium (2584 posts) -

Sad to see that game like Diablo 3 need patch to run at 1080p on new consoles .

#70 Edited by farrell2k (5811 posts) -

Another port from last gen? Jesus...

#72 Posted by santoron (7692 posts) -

Great news for XB1ers. I've got D3 on PC but my best friend has it for 360 and I gotta say I had a lot of fun playing the console iteration. The ability to transfer from either 360 or PS3 to either XB1 or PS4 makes this a tempting upgrade for a lot of folks.

#73 Edited by GrenadeLauncher (4134 posts) -

@softwaregeek said:

@GrenadeLauncher:

so you admit that the cloud gives x1 an advantage. Excellent. We are making progress.

I was being sarcastic, marketer.

Hahahahah StormyJoke still in denial that even with "parity" games are still worse on the Xbone. Sniper Elite 3 is a good example of this, but because he's a fanboy who uses the "lazy devs!" excuse to cover up his console's hardware failings, he can't handle it.

Doing a victory lap over Diablo 3. Jesus, lems.

#74 Posted by FastRobby (1253 posts) -

@blackace said:

The cloud enter this pass March when Titanfall release and DX12 for the 100 times has been on xbox one since day 1,only 2 components where so call missing and they would not add sh** basically on xbox one.

You must be getting paid by Sony or something, don't you get tired spreading these lies the whole time? The cloud hasn't entered yet, Titanfall isn't what the cloud is capable of. The showcase at GDC, that's where it's at. That Titanfall AI is just something minor. It's like saying that the proper way to visualize the power of Windows is the calculator.

#75 Edited by B4X (3646 posts) -

@tormentos said:
@blackace said:

You must be getting paid by Sony or something, don't you get tired spreading these lies the whole time? The cloud hasn't entered yet, Titanfall isn't what the cloud is capable of. The showcase at GDC, that's where it's at. That Titanfall AI is just something minor. It's like saying that the proper way to visualize the power of Windows is the calculator.

#76 Posted by silversix_ (14085 posts) -

Well, at least the system can handle last gen 2D games in 1080p, that's an achievement on its own.

#77 Posted by foxhound_fox (87757 posts) -

I'm surprised they didn't shoot for even higher resolutions.

#78 Posted by Heil68 (43508 posts) -

Who else is getting the PS4 version? Lets rock!

#79 Posted by tormentos (17168 posts) -

You most be pay by MS don't you get tired of spreading these lies the whole time.?

The cloud enter on March Titanfall offload AI to the cloud you butthurt lemming,AI offload is one of the things the cloud can do..hahahaha

Oh please they showed some physics on a damn build which they claim is related to Crackdown,when Crackdown is a cell shaded game and the demo show wasn't cell shaded in any way.

I saw what the cloud can do,changing AI for Physics will not make the game look better buffoon,physics are basically relate to how object behave on the damn game,throwing a grenade and blowing a car up the car launching into the air yeah physics at work,not to make them look better or faster,but you would not this because you are a sad lemming.

The game could have the best physics ever and look like crap.

And like i told you blinded biased friend,DX12 is about lower CPU over head,something NEW on PC but quite old on consoles,the PS3 and xbox 360 had this,so does the xbox one and PS4 since day 1,did you miss the memory where the xbox one was running a custom version of DX.? Yeah that is the reason lower CPU over head is a feature of consoles not PC,the PC now will benefit from it when DX12 hit,which by the way is late and gamers are using Mantle to make those gains now.

@b4x said:

Poor blackace another meltdown body.? hahaaha

#80 Posted by FastRobby (1253 posts) -

@FastRobby said:

You most be pay by MS don't you get tired of spreading these lies the whole time.?

The cloud enter on March Titanfall offload AI to the cloud you butthurt lemming,AI offload is one of the things the cloud can do..hahahaha

Oh please they showed some physics on a damn build which they claim is related to Crackdown,when Crackdown is a cell shaded game and the demo show wasn't cell shaded in any way.

Are you illiterate? Can't your read? You are such a child. When Phil Spencer is saying DX12 can't do shit, you jump on it immediately. When Phil Spencer says GDC Build was early Crackdown work, you say it is a lie. You really are such a fanboy, only picking the things you want to hear and see. I'm done with you, I deleted everything from your post I haven't read, because you started with bullshit. Learn to read, then respond properly to it. You are telling me, I'm lying? Like I'm saying Titanfall AI isn't the cloud. I said it is a MINOR part of it, doesn't reflect at all what it can do. Where do you even find the time to be online at this time of the day, I've got a great excuse, I'm a student, it's holiday. You are an adult, who should be working at McDonalds, at least that's the vibe you are giving off.

#81 Edited by StormyJoe (4934 posts) -

@StormyJoe said:

DOOM 4? HALO 5?

You don't get it do you.?

Just because one game is 1080p on both platforms and run the same doesn't mean parity was achieve if that was true parity was achieve since launch Need For Speed is 1080p 30FPS lock on both platforms there you have it parity.

They can claim doom 4 is 1080p 60FPS,the game been that way is another 2 cents,Rebellion claimed the same for xbox one version of Sniper Elite 3 and not it was 60FPS even before the v-synch patch.

Wolfenstein was claim to be 1080p 60 FPS,but has dynamic resolution switching,it drops almost as low as 720p on xbox one when things get hot.

So until doom 4 arrive you are basically countering our argument with empty promises,when we are firing away with irrefutable facts like Wolfenstein, SE3 and others.

And Halo 5 you don't even know what kind of graphically fidelity will even have don't expect Ryse graphics the game is say to be open.

1080p 60FPS is achievable on xbox one under certain parameters that is all.

@blackace said:

DX12 is about lower CPU over head on PC,on console that isn't need it,it was already there reason why the demo was not done on xbox one,it was done on PC and reason why now Phill Spencer back pedal and say DX12 will not bring huge changes to the xbox one,but that will make games easier to make..lol

But remember you sold of 2015 as the date everything will change now don't go and banish from the forum when the times comes..lol

So... Everyone, including your messiah CBOAT, is wrong... and you are right. That's what you are trying to peddle?

Wow.

#82 Posted by StormyJoe (4934 posts) -

@StormyJoe:

You sure are a winner all right. Enjoy the victory. You don't get many.

Keep guessing chump. Oh and you started the name calling saying im as bad as El tormo. I just responded in kind. Its all right I still love laughing at your posts.

I am usually right, so I am already used to it. On occasion when I am wrong, I admit it.

Saying you are "as bad as person x" is name calling? That's a new one...

#83 Posted by tormentos (17168 posts) -

So... Everyone, including your messiah CBOAT, is wrong... and you are right. That's what you are trying to peddle?

Wow.

Once again you have nothing i have proof until you do you have no argument,empty promises are make every day on this market.

Cboat didn't say all games would be 1080p 60FPS or 100% parity,saying the xbox one will get more 1080p 60FPS games isn't much after all there is also an IQ here that counts,you just ignore it.

#84 Edited by B4X (3646 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

PSN vs XBLG...let me thi.....

#85 Posted by Heil68 (43508 posts) -

@b4x said:

@Heil68 said:

I've played plenty on PSN. Whats the problem? Oh, it's SONY, current Gen 8 leader. Never mind, carry on with your DC.

#86 Posted by B4X (3646 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

@b4x said:

@Heil68 said:

I've played plenty on PSN. Whats the problem? Oh, it's SONY, current Gen 8 leader. Never mind, carry on with your DC.

Well let me repl....... "Sorry down for Maintenance. Check back for details."

#87 Posted by Heil68 (43508 posts) -

@b4x said:

@Heil68 said:

@b4x said:

@Heil68 said:

Yup DC. :D

#88 Posted by B4X (3646 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

@b4x said:

@Heil68 said:

@b4x said:

@Heil68 said:

Facts are DC? Am I lying? No maintenance?

Azure: 10-25 billion dollar network kinda better than rented or dev forced hosted servers?

Come on man...Who's DCing?

#89 Posted by StormyJoe (4934 posts) -

@StormyJoe said:

Wow.

Once again you have nothing i have proof until you do you have no argument,empty promises are make every day on this market.

Cboat didn't say all games would be 1080p 60FPS or 100% parity,saying the xbox one will get more 1080p 60FPS games isn't much after all there is also an IQ here that counts,you just ignore it.

Proof? You have proof of launch titles. That's it. Face it - your opinion contradicts what "insiders" and developers are saying. You care clinging to launch window titles as if the whole gen is going to turn out that way.

#90 Edited by Heil68 (43508 posts) -

@b4x said:

@Heil68 said:

@b4x said:

@Heil68 said:

@b4x said:

@Heil68 said:

Facts are DC? Am I lying? No maintenance?

Azure: 10-25 billion dollar network kinda better than rented or dev forced hosted servers?

Come on man...Who's DCing?

You? But you're right, I haven't played extensively on PSN and EVERY time I go on its down for maintenance,

#91 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (4134 posts) -

I am usually right, so I am already used to it. On occasion when I am wrong, I admit it.

Saying you are "as bad as person x" is name calling? That's a new one...

Take your tinfoil hat off, StormyJoke, it's cutting off the circulation of oxygen to your brain.

#92 Edited by shawn30 (4364 posts) -

@StormyJoe said:

Typical cow fanboys. Time and time again, devs and "insiders" have said that the XB1 will have more and more parity with PS4. Now that it is happening with big titles like Diablo 3 and Destiny, they post stupid threads denouncing it - while constantly pointing out insignificant titles like Sniper Elite.

They have to keep moving the goal posts, lol. Its what fanboys do. 1080p is slowly becoming the norm for the One, and by 2015 will likely be the norm. Then we'll see the goal post moved again. Parity won't happen as the PS4 hardware is simply better, but the One's issues with 1080p games will continue to shrink as time passes. You already see it happening with Wolfenstein, Diablo 3, Destiny, ect.

#93 Posted by Vatusus (4448 posts) -

@Zelda187 said:

@Vatusus said:

@Zelda187 said:

@Vatusus said:

I'm playing it on the PS3 atm. Its not a graphics demanding game. It would defnitely be weird if the Xbone couldnt run it at 1080p... its a very repetitive game aswell, dont know why it got the hype it got by PC gamers prior to its release.Diablo gameplay mechanics definitely didnt aged well.

It received a lot of hype because Diablo 2 is regarded by many as one of the greatest games of all-time.

Diablo 3 turned out to be a heaping pile of shit in comparison.

I have played Diablo 2 many years ago. The gameplay basis of Diablo 2 and Diablo 3 was exactly the same: grinding and loot, an outdated gameplay mechanic that just doesnt fit well at this day and age. Maybe Diablo 2 was good at the time but was it released today with prettier graphics and it would be just as repetitive and bland as Diablo 3. The premise of diablo and its gameplay just doesnt stand on its own. So again, why was people hyped for more of the same when the reasons why they were hyping it were outdated already? Was it because of nostalgia only? Like when people hyped twisted metal because of the name only when "car combat" gameplay was an outdated concept already?

If this is your mindset, then I don't even know how I can explain it to you.

Diable 3 was a fucking watered down mess.

Diablo 2, Baldur's Gate 1&2, Planescape: Torment, and Fallout 1&2 are widely considered among some of the greatest games ever made.

Classic top-down RPG's with amazing gameplay, a great storyline and fantastic customization, freedom and depth.

Console gamers can honestly sit here and hype the shit out of games like DA: Inquisition (how the fuck that is even possible after DA 2...I haven't the foggiest idea) but then shit on upcoming games like Wasteland 2 and Pillars of Eternity?

That just gang fucks my mind...and speaks to the simpleton mindset that most console gamers have.

Pff typical pc fanboy, blaming console gamers for their problems, completely forgetting the fact Diablo 3 was made specifically for the PC. Console development was an afterthought in its case. But I guess consoles are the escape goat for everything wrong with PC nowadays... pff

Diablo gameplay could have been enjoyable at the time it released but its not a concept that can survive on its own at this day and age. PC fanboys should accept it. The reason why it was hyped was because "it was not on consoles" and was a PC exclusive (at the time) coming from a popular brand. Other than that it had no reason whatsoever to be hyped. Diablo concept of gameplay is outdated, nothing more nothing less. Now if you're going to say something other than "hurr durr console mind simpleton pc da best hurr durr" then I will listen to you as why Diablo 2 as a game would be great even today. Otherwise, dont even bother

#94 Edited by coasterguy65 (5883 posts) -

Still $20 more expensive on the Xbone / PS4 than on the 360 / PS3. For slightly better graphics? I'll pass, screw Activision / Blizzard and their greed.

#95 Posted by blackace (20291 posts) -

@blackace said:

@tormentos said:

@blackace said:
@Salt_The_Fries said:

SAUCE

Dude, please tell me you're joking. I believe the X1 will produce better looking or performing games, as every console in history has gotten better over its life cycle. But lets not talk Cloud or DX12.

The Cloud & DX12 aren't even fully realized on the XB1 yet until next year. We can talk about it then.

#96 Edited by RoboCopISJesus (1408 posts) -

ARPG game-play is not outdated. D2 is still loved. TorchlightII had a great following. Grim Dawn looks amazing. POE is doing fine and was praised.

D3 simply had crappy mechanics and crappy loot, the arpg concept game play had nothing to do with it.

I'd say the concept of gameplay for an ARPG is leagues ahead of QTE movie-games which are almost void of any thought process. I'd even put it above racers which are even more simplistic and redundant.

#97 Posted by blackace (20291 posts) -

@blackace said:

@tormentos said:

@blackace said:
@Salt_The_Fries said:

SAUCE

Won't have to wait that long. Gap has been closely with every update.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-vGac80Tnbyk/U9czSEbWzSI/AAAAAAAAe5c/AKScfostQHk/s1600/flash6.gif

#98 Posted by Vatusus (4448 posts) -

ARPG game-play is not outdated. D2 is still loved. TorchlightII had a great following. Grim Dawn looks amazing. POE is doing fine and was praised.

D3 simply had crappy mechanics and crappy loot, the arpg concept game play had nothing to do with it.

I'd say the concept of gameplay for an ARPG is leagues ahead of QTE movie-games which are almost void of any thought process. I'd even put it above racers which are even more simplistic and redundant.

I got Torchlight when it was free on GOG a while ago. Didnt play more than 30 min. It was just as repetitive and boring as Diablo 3. I guess ARPG arent my type of game then if many people still enjoy this type of game. I just feel I'm doing the same over and over again until the game ends. Theres just no progress feel into these games, just mindless killing and grabbing loot that you'll be changing 5 minutes later. I just cant be bothered to keep changing my armor or weapons constantly. Its boring. To each their own I guess

#99 Posted by RoboCopISJesus (1408 posts) -

@Vatusus said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

I got Torchlight when it was free on GOG a while ago. Didnt play more than 30 min. It was just as repetitive and boring as Diablo 3. I guess ARPG arent my type of game then if many people still enjoy this type of game. I just feel I'm doing the same over and over again until the game ends. Theres just no progress feel into these games, just mindless killing and grabbing loot that you'll be changing 5 minutes later. I just cant be bothered to keep changing my armor or weapons constantly. Its boring. To each their own I guess

I feel the same way about racers, sports games, and any MP shooters. You're mindlessly doing the same shit over and over, and even less progression than an ARPG which at-least has gear and character improvement.

Like you said, to each their own.

#100 Posted by cainetao11 (16917 posts) -

@blackace said:

@cainetao11 said:

@blackace said:

@tormentos said:

@blackace said:
@Salt_The_Fries said:

SAUCE

The Cloud & DX12 aren't even fully realized on the XB1 yet until next year. We can talk about it then.

I guess I would rather be pleasantly surprised if they ever do add a significant anything to my gaming on Xbox.