Diablo 3 is 1080p/60fps on Xbone after all.

• 104 results
#1 Posted by Salt_The_Fries (8376 posts) -

SAUCE

It's via day-one patch but it is there nonetheless, it probably benefited from that SDK update.

#2 Edited by SolidTy (42491 posts) -

Diablo III is a good cross gen PS360PC game.

Good patches make good games.

#3 Posted by Kjranu (921 posts) -

Like Diablo 3 is a technically intensive game.

#4 Posted by DEadliNE-Zero0 (1425 posts) -

Next gen has arrived on the xbox.

#5 Posted by Salt_The_Fries (8376 posts) -

Next gen has arrived on the xbox.

bu bu but it had no powah?

#6 Edited by GrenadeLauncher (4134 posts) -

1080p.

Congratulations to Microsoft's engineers on this stunning accomplishment.

#7 Edited by MBirdy88 (7754 posts) -

... such an accomplishment.

#8 Posted by Heil68 (43508 posts) -

Have it on PC, buying for PS4.

#9 Edited by SecretPolice (21501 posts) -

If / when I get a new console, I could be interested in picking this up perhaps at bargain been pricing to boot.

#10 Posted by delta3074 (17906 posts) -

@SolidTy said:

Diablo III is a good cross gen PS360PC game.

Good patches make good games.

Yep:)

#11 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (10324 posts) -

YaY ! EQUAL QUALITY OF CRAPPY GAMES FOR EVERYBODY ! ! ! HELL YEAH !

#12 Edited by chikenfriedrice (9911 posts) -

Good news because cows were using this as ownage before and now they will say "bu bu it's a last gen port" blah blah blah.

#13 Edited by aroxx_ab (9282 posts) -

@GrenadeLauncher said:

1080p.

That stunning picture is not Xbox...it is playstation version...and this game is made by Blizzard, not MS...

#14 Posted by SoftwareGeek (222 posts) -

@aroxx_ab said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

1080p.

That stunning picture is not Xbox...it is playstation version...and this game is made by Blizzard, not MS...

hahaha! aroxx_ab 1. GrenadeLauncher ZERO!

#15 Edited by Wasdie (49633 posts) -

I would hope so. Some pretty dated PCs can do 1080p60 with Diablo 3. It would be laughable if a PS4 or Xbox One couldn't.

#16 Posted by Gamerno6666 (563 posts) -

Crap game.

#17 Posted by freedomfreak (39235 posts) -

It would've been really bad if it didn't reach that.

#18 Posted by lostrib (34699 posts) -

Is that really such a difficult thing to accomplish?

#19 Edited by GrenadeLauncher (4134 posts) -

@softwaregeek said:

@aroxx_ab said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

1080p.

hahaha! aroxx_ab 1. GrenadeLauncher ZERO!

Yes, well done. That's a demonstration screenshot of the game they also finally got to 1080p on the Bone and its cloud power, no doubt after months of optimisation and tweaking with the assistance of Microsoft's very talented engineers.

You lemmings aren't too bright, are you?

#20 Posted by SoftwareGeek (222 posts) -

@GrenadeLauncher:

so you admit that the cloud gives x1 an advantage. Excellent. We are making progress.

#21 Edited by enzyme36 (1481 posts) -

enjoy the dupe-fest

#22 Posted by BigShotSmoov007 (235 posts) -

That's great new for MS. Now I'm debating on which console to get the game on cause I want to spread out my game purchases equally on both my consoles. It was smart for MS to unlock that extra 10% of power.

#23 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3497 posts) -

Now cows can sleep easily at night.

#24 Posted by Zelda187 (717 posts) -

LOL

I had a makeshift rig set up to play Diablo 3 when it first came out in 2012.

I was able to max it out in 1080p with a constant 55-60 FPS using an old Radeon 4850.

And lems are actually beating their chest over this shit?

Super Lolz

#25 Posted by StormyJoe (4934 posts) -

Typical cow fanboys. Time and time again, devs and "insiders" have said that the XB1 will have more and more parity with PS4. Now that it is happening with big titles like Diablo 3 and Destiny, they post stupid threads denouncing it - while constantly pointing out insignificant titles like Sniper Elite.

#26 Posted by Mr_Huggles_dog (689 posts) -

Not that great of a feat.

#27 Posted by Vatusus (4448 posts) -

I'm playing it on the PS3 atm. Its not a graphics demanding game. It would defnitely be weird if the Xbone couldnt run it at 1080p... its a very repetitive game aswell, dont know why it got the hype it got by PC gamers prior to its release.Diablo gameplay mechanics definitely didnt aged well.

#28 Edited by tormentos (17163 posts) -

Good news because cows were using this as ownage before and now they will say "bu bu it's a last gen port" blah blah blah.

Hush lemming the fact that the xbox one has to receive a patch for this crappy looking game to hit 1080p is an insult.

Even the 550Ti which is weaker than the 7770 can run this game 1080p 50FPS average on highest detail,hell the 550Ti can run it a 1600p at 30 FPS.

This game should have been 1080p from the go to the end,instead of receiving a patch,it would be a joke if the xbox one need it the latest SDK to run that game on 1080p it will really speak volumes about how bad the xbox one is.

Typical cow fanboys. Time and time again, devs and "insiders" have said that the XB1 will have more and more parity with PS4. Now that it is happening with big titles like Diablo 3 and Destiny, they post stupid threads denouncing it - while constantly pointing out insignificant titles like Sniper Elite.

Joke of a poster there is no parity and this game should have been 1080p since day 1.

The 550Ti is even weaker than the 7770 which is basically the equivalent GPU inside the xbox one,and can run this game max out at 50 FPS,the 7850 should run this game like at 85 FPS in 1080p,my R270 runs it over 100 frames.

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/536?vs=541

@Zelda187 said:

LOL

I had a makeshift rig set up to play Diablo 3 when it first came out in 2012.

I was able to max it out in 1080p with a constant 55-60 FPS using an old Radeon 4850.

And lems are actually beating their chest over this shit?

Super Lolz

Look at Stromyjoke already claiming parity achieve..hahahahahaa

#29 Posted by RoboCopISJesus (1408 posts) -

lol diablo on consoles. they had to reduce mob density and make the game easier for the slow controls.

#30 Edited by chikenfriedrice (9911 posts) -

@tormentos: PS4 games never needed a 1080P patch? The fact is the update is helping games reach 1080P, nothing negative can be said.

#31 Edited by Zelda187 (717 posts) -

@Vatusus said:

I'm playing it on the PS3 atm. Its not a graphics demanding game. It would defnitely be weird if the Xbone couldnt run it at 1080p... its a very repetitive game aswell, dont know why it got the hype it got by PC gamers prior to its release.Diablo gameplay mechanics definitely didnt aged well.

It received a lot of hype because Diablo 2 is regarded by many as one of the greatest games of all-time.

Diablo 3 turned out to be a heaping pile of shit in comparison.

#32 Edited by StormyJoe (4934 posts) -

@tormentos: Who gives a f**k? It's 1080p now. You are the worst offender of the delusion. You lived and died by what CBOAT on NeoGAF said, until he said "over time, the XBox One will consistently achieve 1080p/60FPS."

Face it - more an more XB1 games are hitting that mark. Your resolutiongate hot topic is fading away.

#33 Posted by BldgIrsh (1657 posts) -

It's shocking that's all it could reach... on both systems.

#34 Edited by B4X (3646 posts) -
#35 Edited by Zelda187 (717 posts) -

@bldgirsh said:

It's shocking that's all it could reach... on both systems.

+1

So basically, when it comes to Diablo 3, these "next gen" systems are capable of competing with a 6 year old GPU that is currently available for $80.

The future, indeed.

#36 Posted by Ballroompirate (22555 posts) -

Haven't played D3 since May, it gets boring pretty fast.

#37 Posted by sailor232 (4450 posts) -

Game is crap on pc and even crapper on consoles.

#38 Edited by cainetao11 (16917 posts) -

@chikenfriedrice said:

@tormentos: PS4 games never needed a 1080P patch? The fact is the update is helping games reach 1080P, nothing negative can be said.

Also "it should have been 1080p from day one"? But on day one, when the game releases it will be 1080p.

I played it a lot on PS3 when it came out. I wont be buying it again.

#39 Posted by SambaLele (5214 posts) -

Not much to talk about lately eh?

#40 Edited by tormentos (17163 posts) -

@tormentos: Who gives a f**k? It's 1080p now. You are the worst offender of the delusion. You lived and died by what CBOAT on NeoGAF said, until he said "over time, the XBox One will consistently achieve 1080p/60FPS."

Face it - more an more XB1 games are hitting that mark. Your resolutiongate hot topic is fading away.

Both on you are on denial this game should have been 1080p since day 1 of development even a weaker GPU than the one on xbox one run it at 1080p there was no reason what so ever for this game on any stage of development to be 900p.

Really what games are hitting the mark.?

Destiny which has been say from the star that parity was a most for Bungie.? Holding back the PS4 isn't parity.

Diablo 3 run at 1080p in a freaking 550Ti which is weaker than a 7770 GPU,...lol

What happen on Sniper Elite 3 which is the latest head to head.? Oh yeah the PS4 is up to 30FPS faster while having better higher quality effects as well..lol

There is not parity you blind biased lemming,the only parity that could be here is this ...

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/778?vs=777

Remember what i told you the gap could amount to.? I was right you weren't,now cry about how i hold to the one i so call win,while you pretend to have admit to have loss but on the other side keep arguing the same sh** about parity knowing very well that there could be no parity between this 2 consoles because one has a significantly stronger GPU.

Every time the xbox one chase the PS4 into 1080p it will have to give up something unless the developer hold the PS4 back period there is no way around this.

@chikenfriedrice said:

Also "it should have been 1080p from day one"? But on day one, when the game releases it will be 1080p.

I wasn't taking about day of release,i was talking about the start of the development...

#41 Posted by B4X (3646 posts) -
#42 Posted by StormyJoe (4934 posts) -

@chikenfriedrice said:

@StormyJoe said:

Both on you are on denial this game should have been 1080p since day 1 of development even a weaker GPU than the one on xbox one run it at 1080p there was no reason what so ever for this game on any stage of development to be 900p.

Destiny which has been say from the star that parity was a most for Bungie.? Holding back the PS4 isn't parity.

Diablo 3 run at 1080p in a freaking 550Ti which is weaker than a 7770 GPU,...lol

What happen on Sniper Elite 3 which is the latest head to head.? Oh yeah the PS4 is up to 30FPS faster while having better higher quality effects as well..lol

There is not parity you blind biased lemming,the only parity that could be here is this ...

Remember what i told you the gap could amount to.? I was right you weren't,now cry about how i hold to the one i so call win,while you pretend to have admit to have loss but on the other side keep arguing the same sh** about parity knowing very well that there could be no parity between this 2 consoles because one has a significantly stronger GPU.

Every time the xbox one chase the PS4 into 1080p it will have to give up something unless the developer hold the PS4 back period there is no way around this.

@cainetao11 said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

I wasn't taking about day of release,i was talking about the start of the development...

SNIPER ELITE? Are you goddamned kidding me? Who gives a shit about an A caliber game? Diablo 3, Doom 4, Destiny, Halo 5, the list goes on.

I am sorry to crush your dream of resolutiongate continuing forever, but it's not going to happen. I don't give a shit what charts you embed into your replies - the game are speaking for me. Get over it.

#43 Posted by enzyme36 (1481 posts) -

@Kjranu said:

Like Diablo 3 is a technically intensive game.

In a still shot... not really

But wait till you get a full party in a packed mob... all spamming their glorious skills. It will be taxing.

#44 Posted by Cranler (8735 posts) -

The article didn't say that they switched to 1080p without sacrificing other aspects of the graphics so this means little.

#45 Edited by Vatusus (4448 posts) -

@Zelda187 said:

@Vatusus said:

It received a lot of hype because Diablo 2 is regarded by many as one of the greatest games of all-time.

Diablo 3 turned out to be a heaping pile of shit in comparison.

I have played Diablo 2 many years ago. The gameplay basis of Diablo 2 and Diablo 3 was exactly the same: grinding and loot, an outdated gameplay mechanic that just doesnt fit well at this day and age. Maybe Diablo 2 was good at the time but was it released today with prettier graphics and it would be just as repetitive and bland as Diablo 3. The premise of diablo and its gameplay just doesnt stand on its own. So again, why was people hyped for more of the same when the reasons why they were hyping it were outdated already? Was it because of nostalgia only? Like when people hyped twisted metal because of the name only when "car combat" gameplay was an outdated concept already?

#46 Posted by lostrib (34699 posts) -

@Cranler said:

The article didn't say that they switched to 1080p without sacrificing other aspects of the graphics so this means little.

How dare you! Resolution is all that matters!

#47 Posted by tormentos (17163 posts) -

SNIPER ELITE? Are you goddamned kidding me? Who gives a shit about an A caliber game? Diablo 3, Doom 4, Destiny, Halo 5, the list goes on.

I am sorry to crush your dream of resolutiongate continuing forever, but it's not going to happen. I don't give a shit what charts you embed into your replies - the game are speaking for me. Get over it.

So once you lose you move the goal post to the game quality..hahahahaa

So if Halo sucks it doesn't matter if it is 1440p and 120 FPS.?

Yeah i am sure they do Sniper Elite 3 speak very load 1080p 30FPS on xbox one v-synch up to 60FPs on PS4 with better effects..lol

Is Tomb Raider all over again,as the generation moves on and demand more from each hardware you will see the xbox one falls even more.

@Cranler said:

Exactly like it happen on sniper elite both where 1080p but at what cost...

#48 Posted by highking_kallor (512 posts) -

@tormentos said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@StormyJoe said:

@cainetao11 said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

Using destiny as an example shows your ignorance. Bungie has stated several times they wanted parity across all four versions. Can you not grasp simple concepts? Parity across four platforms, 2 of which are last gen. I’m sure nothing was held back. Are you a kid or just slow in the head?

#49 Posted by blackace (20291 posts) -

SAUCE

It's via day-one patch but it is there nonetheless, it probably benefited from that SDK update.

There will be another SDK update in October and then another one next year in early Spring. The full version of DX12 will be installed next year.

#50 Posted by StormyJoe (4934 posts) -

@StormyJoe said:

So once you lose you move the goal post to the game quality..hahahahaa

So if Halo sucks it doesn't matter if it is 1440p and 120 FPS.?

Yeah i am sure they do Sniper Elite 3 speak very load 1080p 30FPS on xbox one v-synch up to 60FPs on PS4 with better effects..lol

Is Tomb Raider all over again,as the generation moves on and demand more from each hardware you will see the xbox one falls even more.

@Cranler said:

Exactly like it happen on sniper elite both where 1080p but at what cost...

HA HA HA!!! You totally side stepped my point. Clever, but that does not make you correct. Yes, TR was a lower resolution. It was also a launch title. You seem to always skip over that part about devs, and your mighty CBOAT, saying that over time, as developers get used to the platform, this would go away.