DF vs Dead Rising 3 - 720p with drops down to 10fps!

• 113 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by killzowned24 (7322 posts) -

Xbone is so weak!

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-vs-dead-rising-3

he statement from the team is that a locked 30fps is targeted here, but in the build we saw there's a huge gap to be bridged in this regard; drops to 20fps are consistent and sustained when outdoors, with 16fps being our record low during some of the biggest explosions.

#2 Posted by -Damien- (5335 posts) -

damn u beat me by seconds

#3 Edited by KayJayMaster (60 posts) -

So the wii u is actually more powerful than the X1because it runs its games at 60 fps. I'm tellin you guys, dont underestimate the wii u

#4 Edited by freedomfreak (40053 posts) -

That's a bit of a shame.

#5 Posted by MlauTheDaft (3650 posts) -

Luckily it has fiery pelvic thrusts and it's all about the pelvi!

Seriously, that's why people think it looks fun.

#6 Posted by Pray_to_me (2838 posts) -

#8 Edited by j2zon2591 (2239 posts) -

I think they should've reduced the zombie population a bit more.

It's not like the game has any real competition for having lots of detailed zombies near that amount,

#9 Posted by killzowned24 (7322 posts) -
#10 Posted by Sweenix (5399 posts) -

What a shame, the game looks fun, shame it looks like crap

#11 Posted by TheRealBigRich (732 posts) -

I gotta be honest with you I wasn't likely to get DR3 any time soon but I just don't see how going down to 16 fps during the most stressing explosions mean its not a good game

#12 Edited by AtariKidX (6252 posts) -

This is sad.Why they don't make the game on PS4.....??DR3 it would run and look better if it had been on the PS4....

#13 Posted by btk2k2 (391 posts) -

@TheRealBigRich: Well, frame rate dips, at the wrong times, can lead to death for your character. That in turn leads to frustration because you cannot control frame rate dips and that can lead to a reduction in the amount of fun you are having due to the frustration of something out of your control affecting your killing spree.

I had the same issue on Path of Exile last night where I would de-sync into a group of mobs and my character would die, it does not usually happen often but it happened 2-3 times last night and I was getting really frustrated with it. It even meant I was getting frustrated with deaths that were caused by myself because my general frustration level was higher.

#14 Posted by lglz1337 (3450 posts) -

capcom just port it to ps4 this is embarrassing

failxbone720p not gonna survive this gen confirmed

#15 Posted by AtariKidX (6252 posts) -

@lglz1337 said:

capcom just port it to ps4 this is embarrassing

failxbone720p not gonna survive this gen confirmed

DR3 on XBone is just a shame.Even and God of War 3 on PS3 looks a lot better.

#16 Edited by Spartan070 (16333 posts) -

Yet still seems more fun than any PS4 launch title...

#17 Posted by Floppy_Jim (25652 posts) -

What gives?

^I love that expression. Yeah this isn't impressive.

#18 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3543 posts) -

That's a bit of a shame.

#19 Edited by shawn30 (4367 posts) -

From the same article.

"Right off the bat, the Vancouver studio (née Blue Castle) states it has ideas outside of resolution and frame-rate bumps to distinguish Dead Rising 3 from its current-gen efforts. Firstly, we have a full city to explore with no loading screens to interrupt the action. This pushes the segmented mall and town areas of the previous two games aside to facilitate a more sandbox-centric design, with the in-house engine able to stream the skyscrapers and bridges of Los Perdidos quickly enough to cope with the inclusion of speedy vehicles - widely available to cover this ground quickly. Transitions from indoors to out are, as promised, kept seamless in nature too."

A game able to do all of that at launch will have some issues, but we've seen tons of footage where that framerate is rock solid. If it takes massive explosions to drop it, whatever. Plenty of videos and pics to check it out for yourself

Judge for yourself.

#20 Edited by AtariKidX (6252 posts) -

It loos bad.....

#21 Posted by SpiderLuke (493 posts) -

Isn't this next gen? How is this even acceptable? 20 FPS at a lot of moments with the lowest being 16 FPS at 720p. I'd think they should use less zombies and get the damn game working right.

#22 Posted by lglz1337 (3450 posts) -

lemming will tell us that you wont see the difference between 30fps and >20fps from 8 feet

#23 Posted by whatsazerg (202 posts) -
#24 Posted by Consternated (495 posts) -

Yet still seems more fun than any PS4 launch title...

If you're twelve years old, I can see why you might like the Dead Rising series. I found myself bored after 10 minutes on DR2...

#25 Posted by Trail_Mix (2021 posts) -

I feel like I'm the only one here who thinks this game still looks visually appealing.

*shrug*

#26 Posted by StriateEnd (497 posts) -

Da fuk? 16fps is a fuking slideshow.

#27 Posted by whatsazerg (202 posts) -

Xbone is so weak!

he statement from the team is that a locked 30fps is targeted here, but in the build we saw there's a huge gap to be bridged in this regard; drops to 20fps are consistent and sustained when outdoors, with 16fps being our record low during some of the biggest explosions.

LOL... exactly what I told Xbots to expect... the lock of 30fps is the ceiling... its going to run between 20-30fps. I love being right.

#28 Posted by SpiderLuke (493 posts) -

This makes me wonder if games that are first party will look the best ala Forza because they offload data to their cloud with cloud players. Does this mean third party companies who don't offload into the cloud might run into similar problems? Unplugging from the net might have created a lot of new problems for MS third party developers. It's almost as if the companies switched roles because before developers had to jump through more hoops to develop for Sony. Now it might be the other way around. Sure you'll get great games like Forza and Halo most likely that will take advantage of the cloud but this could be big trouble for multiplatform games unless they really study the process of optimizing. (Which I'm guessing is what they are doing for Titanfall.) the last thing MS needed to do was make things harder for devs by adding steps to the process.

#29 Posted by Muffin2020 (527 posts) -

I'm actually beginning to think this may be the worst console launch ever.

I can't think of a time when such a barrage of bad news has hit on the build up to launch and we still have resolutiongate for the other multiplats that MS stupidly embargoed.

#30 Edited by Mr-Kutaragi (1945 posts) -

720p 20fps seems next gen standard for lemming. Jumping ahead.

#31 Posted by bezza2011 (2416 posts) -

This is what you get taking a multiplat game for 360/ps3 shoving money ast them to developer an exclusive version and to forget the others, within a small time scale

The other bad thing about this exclusive is how they can have dead rising 1 exclusive then 2 is multiplat and then 3 is exclusive it's a bit of a joke and to be honest it just shows how bad capcom are at the moment.

also the textures look awful in the game with some bits

#32 Posted by sukraj (22608 posts) -

I feel like I'm the only one here who thinks this game still looks visually appealing.

*shrug*

No i also think the game looks visually appealing no matter what I'm still looking forward to the game.

#33 Posted by PAL360 (26833 posts) -

I still think it looks good, but it clearly should have less zombies to better performance. Then again, no game next gen should be 720p and go under 30+ fps.

#34 Posted by AtariKidX (6252 posts) -

But.....but.....you wont see the difference between 30fps and >20fps from 8 feet.lolololol

#35 Edited by Muffin2020 (527 posts) -

This shows just how much technical care this game has.

#36 Posted by XxR3m1xInHDn3D (1967 posts) -

@btk2k2 said:

@TheRealBigRich: Well, frame rate dips, at the wrong times, can lead to death for your character. That in turn leads to frustration because you cannot control frame rate dips and that can lead to a reduction in the amount of fun you are having due to the frustration of something out of your control affecting your killing spree.

I had the same issue on Path of Exile last night where I would de-sync into a group of mobs and my character would die, it does not usually happen often but it happened 2-3 times last night and I was getting really frustrated with it. It even meant I was getting frustrated with deaths that were caused by myself because my general frustration level was higher.

desync is A LOT worse than framerate drops but with that said you can map a macro to a thumb mouse button in path of exile to resync

#37 Edited by AtariKidX (6252 posts) -

This shows just how much technical care this game has.

Maybe it is a zombie wall.......lolol

#38 Posted by nethernova (4086 posts) -

@Mr-Kutaragi said:

But.....but.....you wont see the difference between 30fps and >20fps from 8 feet.lolololol

Yeah, how about you learn the difference between "<" and ">"?

#39 Edited by timbers_WSU (5753 posts) -

This is sad.Why they don't make the game on PS4.....??DR3 it would run and look better if it had been on the PS4....

Now we know why you don't write in full sentences too often.

If this is the review build it is a shame. I might hold off on getting my XBONE til this bullshit is fixed.

#40 Posted by GravityX (712 posts) -

"the build we saw"

hits article

#41 Posted by Krelian-co (10680 posts) -

#42 Edited by AtariKidX (6252 posts) -
#43 Posted by Scipio8 (627 posts) -

Old build

#44 Posted by Heil68 (43996 posts) -

Our captures show the game upscaled to 1080p by the Xbox One - with results that are expectedly unkind to thin objects and flickering alpha elements like trees or fence-work. It's a bit of a disappointment in this sense, and continues to dangle a question mark over the capabilities of the console's hotly contested specs when it comes to titles striving for full HD.

Hey at least the Xbone has a nice UI.

#45 Posted by StormyJoe (5124 posts) -

Xbone is so weak!

The PS4 is barely more powerful than the XB1.

#46 Posted by XBOunity (2981 posts) -

@Krelian-co: if only you were dat original. Sonygif imports fo lyfe

#47 Edited by NathanDrakeSwag (5127 posts) -

Lemmings say "but it looks fun"

You won't be saying that when you can barely move your character because of the framerate drops. Have fun killing zombies in 720p and in slow motion.

#48 Posted by Krelian-co (10680 posts) -

@XBOunity said:

@Krelian-co: if only you were dat original. Sonygif imports fo lyfe

you are right i won't waste time making gifs when there are tons around, but they do the trick, make lems like you butthurt.

#49 Posted by Suppaman100 (3863 posts) -

Lemmings won't care because they have low standards.

#50 Posted by El_Garbanzo (277 posts) -

Buh but our UI is responsive...