DF: Ubisoft releases PS4 framerate patch.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

Here we go again.

Phreek300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By Phreek300
Member since 2007 • 672 Posts

Ok how is the frame rate worse in some areas with the patch? How do you not catch that? Wow Ubi... great job...smh. Glad I had 0 interest in this game. Saved me $60 right there.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

Bu bu but the crowd sizes tho

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#5 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14419 Posts

Not to mention requiring players to have a mobile device if they want to complete the game. ****.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

look at how "cinematic" it is....

Well done Ubilol.

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts

@speedfreak48t5p: What do you mean? Complete the game, as in 100%? Because I beat the entire story without once connecting to a mobile device.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#8 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14419 Posts

@Kaze_no_Mirai said:

@speedfreak48t5p: What do you mean? Complete the game, as in 100%? Because I beat the entire story without once connecting to a mobile device.

Yep, 100%

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

It's just me or the patch made the game run worse?

On top of it I heard it added some new bugs to the lighting.

http://www.gamepur.com/news/17114-no-assassins-creed-unity-ps4xone-graphics-downgrade-its-lighting-bug.html

Avatar image for deactivated-58319077a6477
deactivated-58319077a6477

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-58319077a6477
Member since 2007 • 4954 Posts

I miss the old days when games used to come out with less bugs and performing issues, PS1 ,PS2, XBOX, GCN didn't have these issues but as technology advances the issues gets more & more.

Ubisoft should learn from this, I know they said they have been working on development of this game for some time but they need to stop releasing this series each year.

the leap from AC to AC2 was huge and showed a significant improvements but now with except of the environment the game feels the same.

Avatar image for Midnightshade29
Midnightshade29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 301

#11  Edited By Midnightshade29
Member since 2008 • 6003 Posts

@Gue1: I guess you didn't read your whole link article. It was proven to be fake with the lighting issue. As for the game, ps3 a games probably ran like this and I had no issue with them. I played the stalker series and oblivion back in the day on pc around 25fps and cry sis at max visuals at 24 fps and those games were fun. I still think this game looks fun.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

That is a pathetic framerate given the maturity of 3d.

Who here has actually played the game? Is it doing something behind the scenes that warrants such a hit to performance? I've seen videos of the ai doing odd things. Not necessarily good things, but interesting in the sense that it seems the ai is somewhat "thinking" for themselves.

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#13 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

God... 20 fps on consoles. Poor guys. I get annoyed when it's 30 much less 20.

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 parkurtommo

@Heirren said:

Who here has actually played the game? Is it doing something behind the scenes that warrants such a hit to performance? I've seen videos of the ai doing odd things. Not necessarily good things, but interesting in the sense that it seems the ai is somewhat "thinking" for themselves.

It has nothing to do with the AI or any CPU computations. It's just all of the shit that has to be rendered. Too much stuff. It's literally a gen ahead of what PS4 and xbone are capable of handling.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

I'll see if it makes that much a difference. TBO I dont notice a lot of issues when playing the game,

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

@scottpsfan14 said:
@parkurtommo said:

@Heirren said:

It has nothing to do with the AI or any CPU computations. It's just all of the shit that has to be rendered. Too much stuff. It's literally a gen ahead of what PS4 and xbone are capable of handling.

Actually it has everything to do with CPU computations. That's why the PS4 version performs worse than the Xbox One version at the same level of visuals and 900p. It's completely CPU bound. The game is making ample use of the CPU for AI, physics, cloth, collision detection, particle shit, leaving very little room for draw calls.

The PS4 and XB1 could handle the games if they both properly optimized the game (had more time), and used the compute engine. Not to 1080p 60, but a stable 30 would probably be garunteed while freeing up CPU calls for graphics.

A gen ahead? Games are only going to get more advanced in future, it's not like Unity is the upper limit of visuals.

Let me ask you this: playing the game, do you feel like it is a next gen experience?

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Heil68

@scottpsfan14 said:
@parkurtommo said:

@Heirren said:

Actually it has everything to do with CPU computations. That's why the PS4 version performs worse than the Xbox One version at the same level of visuals and 900p. It's completely CPU bound. The game is making ample use of the CPU for AI, physics, cloth, collision detection, particle shit, leaving very little room for draw calls.

The PS4 and XB1 could handle the games if they both properly optimized the game (had more time), and used the compute engine. Not to 1080p 60, but a stable 30 would probably be garunteed while freeing up CPU calls for graphics.

A gen ahead? Games are only going to get more advanced in future, it's not like Unity is the upper limit of visuals.

To me, France seems alive and more than any other place/game that Ive ever played. Streets are crowded and bustling, AI reacts to you. Highly detailed buildings even on the inside I love it it's going to keep getting better in games to come.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

LMMFAO!!!!

Stop you're killing me!!

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Heil68

@FoxbatAlpha said:

LMMFAO!!!!

Stop you're killing me!!

Makes sense they are patching #1 selling version out there.

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By parkurtommo

@scottpsfan14: Ubisoft said themselves that lowering crowds didn't affect performance at all. Sure, the cpu might be a problem on consoles, but the poor performance persists on the PC version, just to a lesser extent because it scales with how good your hardware is. I'm telling you man, it's not CPU bound, it's literally just too much lighting, too many polygons, too much dx11.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#24 lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

LOL Nubi nice job

Scipio8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Scipio8
Member since 2013 • 937 Posts

Buhl buh the Playztationz 4 the most powerful....bullsh#$ face it cows your co

Buhl buh da Playztationz 4 the most powerful..... lol

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@parkurtommo said:

@scottpsfan14: Ubisoft said themselves that lowering crowds didn't affect performance at all. Sure, the cpu might be a problem on consoles, but the poor performance persists on the PC version, just to a lesser extent because it scales with how good your hardware is. I'm telling you man, it's not CPU bound, it's literally just too much lighting, too many polygons, too much dx11.

Ubisoft are pointing the finger at AMD when AMD are saying its Ubisoft, people are blaming Nvidia for using its Gameworks code, Nvidia blaming Ubisoft.... Lets all play the blame game 2K14 edition.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

omg its running in 20fps for the most part? I had no idea this game ran THIS bad.............

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 FoxbatAlpha

@Heil68: the install base will do that. At least you are happy. There are many other PS4 owners that are not. Lol.

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha: i watched wolf of wall street, awesome fukin film. i feel inspired, ive increased jerking off from my usual 1 per day to 2, hopefully this gives me an advantage in multiplayer games

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#31  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

@Midnightshade29 said:

@Gue1: I guess you didn't read your whole link article. It was proven to be fake with the lighting issue. As for the game, ps3 a games probably ran like this and I had no issue with them. I played the stalker series and oblivion back in the day on pc around 25fps and cry sis at max visuals at 24 fps and those games were fun. I still think this game looks fun.

of-course they are going to say it's false just like they are saying that the patch improves frame-rate when it's actually either worse or the same.

edit: oh I'm sorry, I read the article before the updates, and it has 3 of them.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Heil68

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@Heil68: the install base will do that. At least you are happy. There are many other PS4 owners that are not. Lol.

Oh yes, I'm sure the MS install base is just that much more happier :P

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Heil68

@farrell2k said:

@Star650 said:

I miss the old days when games used to come out with less bugs and performing issues, PS1 ,PS2, XBOX, GCN didn't have these issues but as technology advances the issues gets more & more.

Ubisoft should learn from this, I know they said they have been working on development of this game for some time but they need to stop releasing this series each year.

the leap from AC to AC2 was huge and showed a significant improvements but now with except of the environment the game feels the same.

Those days still exist. You are just gaming on the wrong platform.

WiiU have games that have issues, so does PC. All platforms have games that run without issue too.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Heil68

@farrell2k said:

@Heil68 said:

@farrell2k said:

@Star650 said:

Those days still exist. You are just gaming on the wrong platform.

WiiU have games that have issues, so does PC. All platforms have games that run without issue too.

Nonsense. The WiiU is godly perfection and you know it. The massive amount of 3rd party games on the WiiU outperform all other platforms, none of its software has any bugs, and like Kim Jong Un and his son, the WiiU never defecates.

It's good to see you keep your humor about it.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22388 Posts

I thought this patch wasn't going to fix the frame-rate problems, but the next patch will?

Anyway, I was going to try this but I might wait.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 FoxbatAlpha

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@FoxbatAlpha: i watched wolf of wall street, awesome fukin film. i feel inspired, ive increased jerking off from my usual 1 per day to 2, hopefully this gives me an advantage in multiplayer games

*Hits Like button*