killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By killzowned24
Member since 2007 • 7345 Posts

PS4 pretty much destroys it with around a 15 fps advantage. The worst part tho, xbone screen tears constantly!

This one must be seen in 1080p. Xbones screen tearing is sooo bad!!!

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

@killzowned24: Cause when we think best example of video game design, we think Sniper Elite.

killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By killzowned24

Some more info.

"On the other hand, things appear a little more ropey on Xbox One, with Rebellion making a number of graphical sacrifices, perhaps in order to achieve native 1080p while targeting 60fps. These mainly come down to a reduction in texture filtering and use of lower-resolution artwork deployed upon surfaces on the ground. Indirect shadowing is also limited to screen-space ambient occlusion, while the PS4 and PC appear to utilise a more advanced implementation known as obscurance fields. This effect takes into account the radius between objects across the entire scene to produce a steady fall off with the indirect shadowing between light and dark areas, whereas SSAO creates a simpler black halo around objects that doesn't take into account such properties."

So not only does it perform way worse, it also looks worse too.

The PS4 game holds up rather well in approaching a 60fps set-up while featuring almost identical graphical quality to the PC game running with ultra settings enabled.

:D

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

XposBone you looking so sad ATM

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

Destiny runs at 1080p and 30FPS on both PS4 and Xbox One

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 lglz1337

@scottpsfan14: this is SW!

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 lglz1337

@R3FURBISHED: XposBone also with screentearing so bad like this ?

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 gpuking
Member since 2004 • 3914 Posts

This reminds me so much of the blood bath match today it's not funny.

Sony7 - MS1

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52425 Posts

I guess this proves the Ps4 is stronger than the X1.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By lglz1337

@scottpsfan14: boring ? don't click on it ? close browser ?

every win should be noted so lemmings can stfu and stop their cloud BS

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

@R3FURBISHED said:

@killzowned24: Cause when we think best example of video game design, we think Sniper Elite.

How do you mean? It is better designed than most on rail fps games. Or, were you talking graphically?

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16  Edited By aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

@R3FURBISHED said:

Ok but how much had they have to downgrade the graphics on Xboner to get that...

intotheminx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 intotheminx
Member since 2014 • 2608 Posts

Neither console is blowing my hair back.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts
@intotheminx said:

well, what would it take to let one blow you?

its a shame neither has a three and a half inch floppy.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 lglz1337

@scottpsfan14: if they don't they look double stupid

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

Shockhorror.jpg

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#23 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

@killzowned24 said:

Some more info.

"On the other hand, things appear a little more ropey on Xbox One, with Rebellion making a number of graphical sacrifices, perhaps in order to achieve native 1080p while targeting 60fps. These mainly come down to a reduction in texture filtering and use of lower-resolution artwork deployed upon surfaces on the ground. Indirect shadowing is also limited to screen-space ambient occlusion, while the PS4 and PC appear to utilise a more advanced implementation known as obscurance fields. This effect takes into account the radius between objects across the entire scene to produce a steady fall off with the indirect shadowing between light and dark areas, whereas SSAO creates a simpler black halo around objects that doesn't take into account such properties."

The PS4 game holds up rather well in approaching a 60fps set-up while featuring almost identical graphical quality to the PC game running with ultra settings enabled.

HAHAHA WOW are those screens actually legit? That's embarrassing!

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#24 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

You'd think we would have vsync in 2014.

killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 killzowned24

@parkurtommo said:

@killzowned24 said:

Some more info.

HAHAHA WOW are those screens actually legit? That's embarrassing!

yup. Just shows how weak xbone is when devs don't purposely downgrade everyone else for parity.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@R3FURBISHED said:

True, but Destiny is designed for PS360. I'll say this as well. After playing Destiny Alpha, the graphics were far from impressive. There were VERY last generation, but that was expected with a game tailored for PS360 install bases. It looked okay, but certainly not a pretty game...other than a few effects. It's definitely not a game that designed to push next gen hardware.

Another reason why Destiny is a terrible example? Bungie themselves have gone on record stating their goal for Destiny was graphical parity.

1. PS360 cross gen game
  2. Devs goal for Destiny was graphic Parity

There you have it.

I'm looking forward to Batman which will not be cross gen PS360 and future games that ARE NOT designed for old hardware (PS360) in mind. Those games will take advantage of the PS4/Xbone hardware as right now they are being held back by 2005 geometry/physics/AI, etc.

blangenakker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 blangenakker
Member since 2006 • 3240 Posts

a weaker machine not performing as well, who would of known

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

So what this shows is, if you care about resolution, frame rates and texture quality, you build a PC. Genius.

Ben-Buja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Ben-Buja
Member since 2011 • 2809 Posts

@scottpsfan14 said:
@freedomfreak said:

Which has been proven with every multiplat release thus far.

Yup, 99% of PS4s multiplat versions will be better a whole gen long, it's just more powerful.

The tearing in the XB1 version would annoy me a lot, can you at least cap the framerate to 30?

btk2k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 btk2k2
Member since 2003 • 440 Posts

Ron Ron Ron, you were so wrong about this game. Here is what he said about it in the Xbox 10% GPU boost thread.

@ronvalencia: My theory roughly matches Snipper Elite 3's (proper tiling example) results i.e. both are at 1920x1080p shooter type game with X1 having slightly less frame rate than PS4.

It does have a slightly lower frame rate, if you consider 10-15 FPS slight but it also has decreased IQ. As with a lot of other games that have been released the overall difference is around 50% in favour of the PS4, and this is in a game you touted as matching your theory regarding using proper tiling. Face it Ron, you are completely wrong on this.

HitmanActual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By HitmanActual
Member since 2013 • 1351 Posts

Xboned.

btk2k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 btk2k2
Member since 2003 • 440 Posts

@Ben-Buja said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@freedomfreak said:

Which has been proven with every multiplat release thus far.

Yup, 99% of PS4s multiplat versions will be better a whole gen long, it's just more powerful.

The tearing in the XB1 version would annoy me a lot, can you at least cap the framerate to 30?

The day 1 patch adds a v-sync option on Xbox 1, still some screen tearing when it drops below 30fps though but much less than without v-sync. DF are updating the article to include a video with the v-sync option turned on.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@killzowned24: In other news, forumites like "killzowned24" continue to scour the internet in an attempt to find articles to ease their insecurity over their console choice; and hopefully, in their minds, convince others to buy what they have.

Ben-Buja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Ben-Buja
Member since 2011 • 2809 Posts

@btk2k2 said:

@Ben-Buja said:

The day 1 patch adds a v-sync option on Xbox 1, still some screen tearing when it drops below 30fps though but much less than without v-sync. DF are updating the article to include a video with the v-sync option turned on.

Well that's at least something, but it's sad that compromises like this have to be made already. The XB1 is seriously underpowered

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#37 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

@intotheminx said:

I second that emotion. The PS4 is more powerful than the Xbox One. We get it. Imagine how tedious it would be to post a thread for every multiplatform title entitled, "My PC plays this game better than the PS4 - details inside."

TheRealBigRich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 TheRealBigRich
Member since 2010 • 784 Posts

@scottpsfan14 said:
@StormyJoe said:

@killzowned24: In other news, forumites like "killzowned24" continue to scour the internet in an attempt to find articles to ease their insecurity over their console choice; and hopefully, in their minds, convince others to buy what they have.

In terms of hardware, you do realize that in practice, the PS4 is barely 8% more powerful than the Xbox One? I smell SONY paying for more dev time. It's just annoying how cows listen to all the bullshit about 'teh power ov PS4z' when the Xbox has the cloud, DX12, tiled recources, secret hidden GPU, etc. Just watch as games start being exactly the same on consoles. Look at Alien Isolation. Keep hiding behind dat 8% power difference that could easily change with DX12 SDK update. Be warned cows.

Don't worry Joseph.

More dev time I doubt that . Its a simple as ps4 is more powerful than the done nothing more than that to me . It would be nice if they could of helped with screen tearing

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@btk2k2 said:

Ron Ron Ron, you were so wrong about this game. Here is what he said about it in the Xbox 10% GPU boost thread.

@ronvalencia: My theory roughly matches Snipper Elite 3's (proper tiling example) results i.e. both are at 1920x1080p shooter type game with X1 having slightly less frame rate than PS4.

It does have a slightly lower frame rate, if you consider 10-15 FPS slight but it also has decreased IQ. As with a lot of other games that have been released the overall difference is around 50% in favour of the PS4, and this is in a game you touted as matching your theory regarding using proper tiling. Face it Ron, you are completely wrong on this.

Is even bigger at times is 20FPS the difference the xbox one should stay away from 1080p in FPS,like i have been saying it can run the games but at what quality,the PS4 not only has a frame advantage it also has a quality advantage as well.

Poor Ronvalencia he used this games and quoted that developers like 100 times..hahahaha

Remember when i say the games wasn't even that great looking how anal he went.? hahaha

Scratch tiling from the parity chart...hahahaha

@StormyJoe said:

In other news butthurt fan who claimed the difference would be 5 FPS in game,fill 2 rivers with its tears..hahahahaa

Now where is Blackace,B4X,slowrobby,and several other trolls who argue against me on this sh**...

Like i say the xbox one can run 1080p but quality will suffer and it is proven here,an up to 20FPS gap with better textures and effects..

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

#40 PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

And the PS4 version still dips quite a bit. Guess it's not as strong as we thought.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@tormentos said:

@btk2k2 said:

Is even bigger at times is 20FPS the difference the xbox one should stay away from 1080p in FPS,like i have been saying it can run the games but at what quality,the PS4 not only has a frame advantage it also has a quality advantage as well.

Poor Ronvalencia he used this games and quoted that developers like 100 times..hahahaha

Remember when i say the games wasn't even that great looking how anal he went.? hahaha

Scratch tiling from the parity chart...hahahaha

@StormyJoe said:

In other news butthurt fan who claimed the difference would be 5 FPS in game,fill 2 rivers with its tears..hahahahaa

Now where is Blackace,B4X,slowrobby,and several other trolls who argue against me on this sh**...

Like i say the xbox one can run 1080p but quality will suffer and it is proven here,an up to 20FPS gap with better textures and effects..

Really? You are going to again bring up something I said a year ago that I already admitted I was wrong about? Have you ever heard of the phrase "broken record"? Be that as it may, I stick by my claim that your assessment is only true of the first gen of games for these consoles. So, when parity is reached, I will be happy to remind you of your incorrect "analysis".

Now that I think of it, keep it up! Of all the points I have made over the past year, you have one - and only one - point that I was wrong on. That's actually quite a complement. Thanks, Tormentos!

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@donalbane said:

@intotheminx said:

I second that emotion. The PS4 is more powerful than the Xbox One. We get it. Imagine how tedious it would be to post a thread for every multiplatform title entitled, "My PC plays this game better than the PS4 - details inside."

And we would not care because our consoles don't get a new GPU each year.

Man you have a 2003 join date like me,you know how many thread lemmings make last gen about the superior 360 version of their games.?

Man in anything pro PS4 you always show up with some DC trying to spin things,PC has nothing to do here and like always we can count on Butthurt fanboys who bring it...

Just enjoy the thread..lol

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

The PS4 has better performance, but still some tearing too. I don't count fps as I play, lol. The only thing your video has done is actually build some interest in me for the game, so thanks for that. The Xbox One version looks fine, issues and all, to me.

@killzowned24 said:

PS4 pretty much destroys it with around a 15 fps advantage. The worst part tho, xbone screen tears constantly!

Loading Video...

This one must be seen in 1080p. Xbones screen tearing is sooo bad!!!

Loading Video...

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts
@donalbane said:

@intotheminx said:

It's the dumbest debate there is.

If console gamers actually cared about resolution and frame rates, they'd buy a PC. But they don't. Sure, it's system wars, but when you realize they're not even fighting to prove which system is the best of the best, one realizes how idiotic this argument is.

Atleast PC gamers that have proper rigs give a ****. Among other thing, i do want to have 60 stable frames per second, in certain games, liek first person view. Console gamers on the other hand only care long enough to prove they're better on the internet. Sad.

"PS4 has better res and frames". Still 45fps on average. "I care about frame rates". *rolls eyes*

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#45  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@R3FURBISHED said:

Cause when i think that X1 costs as much as PS4 and every single game costs THE SAME price , i will go with the console that provides the best version of same games i want to play . And this is another example out of many is not only SE

edwardecl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 edwardecl
Member since 2005 • 2240 Posts

Was this before or after the new SDK?

If it's before then LOL, if it's after then LMAO. This game is written on the Unreal engine is it not, so is this what we can expect from every Unreal engine game? I just hope Unreal Engine 4 is better I assume Sniper Elite is using UE3.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#48  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts
@scottpsfan14 said:

Are we really gonna be doing PS4 vs XB1 threads for the rest of this gen?

We all know it goes PC>PS4>XB1>Wii U.

Leave it there.

Didnt we have 8 years straight thousands of thousand of topics about how bad is PS3 vs X360 and so many other things that PS3 did bad/wrong ?!!

So you want cows to stop now ? No way !! I say to them to bring it up even harder so lems take a taste of their own pity game that they kept it going for 8 years straight. Payback people , payback.

SYSTEM-REBOOT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 SYSTEM-REBOOT
Member since 2014 • 658 Posts

@sts106mat said:

On topic, too bad the game is rather dull

no its not. its really a great game on PC.