DF: New XB1 COD patch reduces MP framerate to mid-30s

• 104 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...d-ghosts-patch

Recent feedback indicates the new frame-rate issues appear most prominently on the Stonehaven level, with explosions and alpha-based effects appearing to cause these fluctuations. The reports are somewhat worrying, given that the Xbox One version of Ghosts previously had no notable frame-rate problems outside of the campaign mode, with online multiplayer featuring action mostly locked at 60fps with very few dips in performance. While resolution may be unimpressive at 720p, Ghosts on Xbox One mostly delivered the 60fps gameplay that defines the series.

Bearing in mind that reports on game patches tend to be based purely on perception, we decided to run some fresh multiplayer captures through our analysis tools in order to get to the bottom of the issue. We loaded up the standard Team Deathmatch mode and recaptured gameplay on some of the key maps allegedly affected by the update, while also introducing Stormfront into the mix - a stage that features regular alpha effects in the form of frequent rain.

Kicking off with a look at Stonehaven, it's immediately obvious that things are not quite right. While the game does indeed hit 60fps in this stage, frame-rates are dramatically impacted when the whole level is in view, with metrics varying between 46-60fps as we run across the landscape. As frame-rates fall below the desired 60fps target, we also see the appearance of some screen-tear, adding some judder, making drops in smoothness more noticeable.

Meanwhile, aiming down the barrel of a sniper scope can see significant drops down as far as the mid-30s - something we never encountered before in ether next-gen version of Ghosts during multiplayer. As a result of the fluctuating frame-rate we can feel a clear reduction in the responsiveness of the controls, while on a visual level the introduction of stutter impacts the smooth flow traditionally associated with Call of Duty multiplayer action.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4UdI...layer_embedded

TLHBO. Xbone 720p strikes again.

#2 Edited by PrincessGomez92 (3548 posts) -

I thought you didn't care about CoD.

And sounds like a rushed patch.

#3 Posted by Heil68 (44108 posts) -

Everyone knows the PS4 is THE place for console multiplats this gen.

#4 Posted by leandrro (841 posts) -

how said they can only ruin the PC version of the game?

#5 Edited by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

@princessgomez92 said:

I don't but I care about owning lems, TLHBO.

"b...bu...bu.....but teh driverz and clowdz will unlock teh extra 8% of teh GPU!!1"

#6 Edited by chikenfriedrice (10272 posts) -

30FPS is fine...more cinematic.

#7 Posted by Krelian-co (10722 posts) -

i guess they got boned again

(•_•)

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

#8 Posted by _Matt_ (8908 posts) -

CoD Ghosts sucks anyway.

#9 Posted by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

lol, I expected better damage control from you.

#10 Posted by tymeservesfate (1697 posts) -

so the patch turns a XB1 game into a ps4 game you're saying...?? oh God, that's bad O_o

#11 Posted by chikenfriedrice (10272 posts) -

@chikenfriedrice said:

lol, I expected better damage control from you.

Sorry a bit tired lol

#12 Edited by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

so the patch turns a XB1 game into a ps4 game you're saying...?? oh God, that's bad O_o

a 720p PS4 game ;)

#13 Posted by killzowned24 (7322 posts) -

I still cant believe xbone can only render cod at lastgen 720p and now with dips into mid 30s...hahaha!!!

#14 Posted by blackace (20629 posts) -

Sounds like the Devs broke the game. What else is new. LOL!!

Don't care. Not playing CoD: Ghost anyways.

#15 Posted by stereointegrity (10712 posts) -

Do you even make sense bro

#16 Posted by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

I still cant believe xbone can only render cod at lastgen 720p and now with dips into mid 30s...hahaha!!!

WeakBox 720p is just too weak to handle last gen graphics at 1080p. Dat Bonaire.

#17 Edited by Krelian-co (10722 posts) -

@killzowned24 said:

now we know why they didn't call it xbox 720, that would be telling the truth, and you know microsoft doesn't do that,

#18 Posted by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -

it used to hit 60fps all the time, now it don't?

bad devs, not the x1 fault,

#19 Posted by Shewgenja (8895 posts) -

WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW, LEMS???

#20 Edited by tymeservesfate (1697 posts) -

@stereointegrity said:

@tymeservesfate said:

a lot of ps4 exclusives have been announced to be 30fps. how can you not figure out thats where i was going with that message XD smh. goodlord...some cool guys on here...but a lot of morons too lol.

#21 Edited by TheTruthIsREAL (761 posts) -

@stereointegrity said:

a lot of ps4 exclusives have been announced to be 30fps. how can you not figure out thats where i was going with that message XD smh. goodlord...some cool guys on here...but a lot of morons too lol.

You're still wrong. Xbox One version is 720p.

#22 Posted by EnviousEyezOnMe (260 posts) -

Once again...I wonder how old some of you posting on here are? You're on here all F'n day, scouring the net to find info to bash a damn video game system. Do you guys not have school, work, a social life? *roles eyes*

#23 Posted by silversix_ (14331 posts) -

So it runs at the same resolution our 8y old systems and manages to run at half the fps? I think these $500 are very well spent.

#24 Posted by Sagemode87 (969 posts) -

Lol, Xbox One is a piece of shit lol.

#25 Edited by Gue1 (9835 posts) -

60 frames or give me death!

#26 Edited by misterpmedia (3380 posts) -

Lol whether or not the game is broken, this being an Xbone only related article regarding bad frame rates only adds to the pile of crappy press it has about performance. This probably won't go down well.

#27 Edited by FoxbatAlpha (6898 posts) -

I call bullshit. These were several hours of gameplay with the worst spots cherry picked to make a 3:00 minute video. DF has already lost cred in my eyes and I still love how cows think they are gods.

Run the same hours of gameplay on the ps4 and you could do the same cherry picking.

#28 Posted by Mystery_Writer (7924 posts) -

nah.. it's just teh lazy devs.. X1 is more powerful than PS4.. also, Ryse says hi

#29 Posted by StormyJoe (5190 posts) -

@I_can_haz:

Poorly written code is XB1's fault?

You are coll. That's my new name for people like you - a cow/troll grotesque... a coll.

#30 Edited by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

@I_can_haz:

You are coll. That's my new name for people like you - a cow/troll grotesque... a coll.

Cry moar

#31 Edited by StormyJoe (5190 posts) -

@StormyJoe said:

@I_can_haz:

Cry moar

See, there you Colls go - I am not "crying", I am not "having a meltdown". I am just calling out your bullshit w/o regards of your feelings.

If you are going to continue to post said bullshit, you are going to have to deal with it.

#32 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (13910 posts) -

That's just ridiculous, how anyone can defend this is beyond me.

#33 Posted by tymeservesfate (1697 posts) -

@tymeservesfate said:

@stereointegrity said:

You're still wrong. Xbox One version is 720p.

goodlord.....-_-

#34 Posted by Harisemo (4133 posts) -

the latest BF4 patch has also increased frame drops on PS4. Obviously the hardware can't be blamed for this.

#35 Edited by Krelian-co (10722 posts) -

@I_can_haz said:

@StormyJoe said:

@I_can_haz:

Cry moar

See, there you Colls go - I am not "crying", I am not "having a meltdown". I am just calling out your bullshit w/o regards of your feelings.

If you are going to continue to post said bullshit, you are going to have to deal with it.

#36 Posted by StormyJoe (5190 posts) -

@StormyJoe said:

@I_can_haz said:

@StormyJoe said:

@I_can_haz:

Cry moar

Sorry, despite your obvious obsession with my mood, I am not sad or crying. Just owning you, I_Can_Haz and others - which actually makes me smile.

#37 Posted by Strutten (1201 posts) -

@StormyJoe: Krelian and other fellow major cows is easy too expose tho.. just some standard and basic comments when they "get owned or just poor trolling" are "if you say so champ, gifs, or just refute to omg omg meltdown", already then they are out of ammo. Or just can back bs up. But i agree quite funny :)

#38 Posted by Mr-Kutaragi (1948 posts) -

Dat lem meltdown. I don't understand, what does patch add that impact framerate like this? Did add better effect or visual?

#39 Edited by StormyJoe (5190 posts) -

@Strutten said:

@StormyJoe: Krelian and other fellow major cows is easy too expose tho.. just some standard and basic comments when they "get owned or just poor trolling" are "if you say so champ, gifs, or just refute to omg omg meltdown", already then they are out of ammo. Or just can back bs up. But i agree quite funny :)

LOL! Very true.

#40 Edited by juarbles (801 posts) -

Uh oh the xbone once again proves that it is not a machine for real gamers. xboners of course don't care being that anti-gamers they are.

#41 Edited by nyzma23 (926 posts) -

how's that even possible a game that used to run 60fps now run 30fps and you blaming the console !?*^% blame the dev for god sake how they fucked up with their update

#42 Edited by blackace (20629 posts) -

@StormyJoe said:

@I_can_haz:

Cows are going to be cows. lol!!

Game was running pretty smoothly at 1080p upscaled @60fps. Devs install patch. Game has problems. Cows blame XB1 for problem. LMAO!! God was on vacation when brains were being handed out to these clowns.

Dat lem meltdown. I don't understand, what does patch add that impact framerate like this? Did add better effect or visual?

Why don't you go and e-mail the developers who created the patch and tell them you're having a meltdown on this issues, even though you don't own the game or an XB1. See if they reply back to you. LMAO!!

#43 Edited by KBFloYd (13507 posts) -

is this a joke? it only went to 30 twice in the whole video...and that was when he was respawning.

its 60fps locked....compared to tomb raider on ps4 which is a joke.

#44 Edited by UnbiasedGamerGS (32 posts) -

30 FPS is fine as long as it's fun. Gamers can't even tell the difference between 30 fps and 60 fps.

#45 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (13910 posts) -

30 FPS is fine as long as it's fun. Gamers can't even tell the difference between 30 fps and 60 fps.

Lol, that's completely false.

#46 Posted by UnbiasedGamerGS (32 posts) -

@unbiasedgamergs said:

I mean't "lemmings" can't tell the difference between 30 FPS and 60 FPS.

#47 Edited by lglz1337 (3502 posts) -

lmao xbones get boned

#48 Edited by tormentos (17802 posts) -

Activision again screwing up again..

#49 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (13910 posts) -

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@unbiasedgamergs said:

I mean't "lemmings" can't tell the difference between 30 FPS and 60 FPS.

Ah.....

It all makes sense now, carry on :P

#50 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (42731 posts) -

Yikes. Someone at Infinity Ward screwed up big time if the patch screwed up the framerate. Why no quality control?