DF Interviews Playground Games; Find out why Forza is "best-in-class."

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#351 Posted by delta3074 (17906 posts) -
[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="jessejay420"][QUOTE="delta3074"]NOT according to DF "The overall look and feel of the game is almost untouchable, with an extremely high standard of production values applied to almost every visual element - everything meshes together beautifully, making for a best-in-class presentation." You understand what UNTOUCHABLE and BEST IN CLASS actually mean right? "Somehow, Horizon manages to maintain its exceptional standards with a level of consistency we rarely see in modern gaming."

Pwning Kuraimen never gets old :lol:

DF can say a lot but the games with more graphics awards this gen are PS3 exclusives. Besides Eurogamer fired the guy who exposed corruption on one of their reviewers so I don't trust them now.

Digital foundry =/= Eurogamer,lol
#352 Posted by WarOf1993 (88 posts) -
Hey Kuraimen. Is this your PS3?
#353 Posted by DarthClark (460 posts) -
Wow, 18 pages. The cow butthurt is through the roof on this game, cant wait to see what Halo 4 does to their already tender b holes. Thank you Microsoft.
#354 Posted by jessejay420 (3748 posts) -
[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="jessejay420"] Pwning Kuraimen never gets old :lol:delta3074
DF can say a lot but the games with more graphics awards this gen are PS3 exclusives. Besides Eurogamer fired the guy who exposed corruption on one of their reviewers so I don't trust them now.

Digital foundry =/= Eurogamer,lol

Common Sense =/= Kuraimen :(
#355 Posted by jessejay420 (3748 posts) -
[QUOTE="WarOf1993"]Hey Kuraimen. Is this your PS3?

no but the stuffed animal is his.
#356 Posted by kuraimen (28078 posts) -
[QUOTE="WarOf1993"]Hey Kuraimen. Is this your PS3?

Lems find the most vain things funny over and over. Sign of feeble minds.
#357 Posted by sts106mat (19044 posts) -
[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="sts106mat"][QUOTE="kuraimen"] We're talking about arcade racers don't we? and that game you're laughing at has a better metascore than Flopza Horizon.

forza has 10% more reviews than wipeout, so as always using metacritic to say X is better than Y = stupid.

Using GS is even more so...

it makes a much sense as as if i said "well Forza H has 2 perfect review scores, whilst Wipeout only has 1, so Forza is the better game"
#358 Posted by kuraimen (28078 posts) -

[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="sts106mat"] forza has 10% more reviews than wipeout, so as always using metacritic to say X is better than Y = stupid.sts106mat
Using GS is even more so...

it makes a much sense as as if i said "well Forza H has 2 perfect review scores, whilst Wipeout only has 1, so Forza is the better game"

Well with GS you're saying "this reviewer's opinion determines the overall quality of the game in comparison to this other reviewers opinion who determines the other games quality". At least with Metacritic you get an average of many opinions.

With Metacritic you take those two reviews for Forza sum them up and divide them by two. That's how averages work.

#359 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (42638 posts) -
So, Perfect Dark > Killzone 3 since Wipeout HD > Forza Horizon. :O In fact, let's throw Uncharted 3 in there to boot since it'd a shooter as well, although not a FPS but still one none the less and comparable. Perfect Dark has crisp 1080p and 60FPS--poor Killzone and Uncharted with their pitiful 30fps, and 720p. :[
#360 Posted by kuraimen (28078 posts) -
So, Perfect Dark > Killzone 3 since Wipeout HD > Forza Horizon. :O In fact, let's throw Uncharted 3 in there to boot since it'd a shooter as well, although not a FPS but still one none the less and comparable. Perfect Dark has crisp 1080p and 60FPS--poor Killzone and Uncharted with their pitiful 30fps, and 720p. :[Stevo_the_gamer
Where are the Flopza Horizon graphic awards. UC and KZ could lend it some if it wants lol
#361 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (42638 posts) -
[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]So, Perfect Dark > Killzone 3 since Wipeout HD > Forza Horizon. :O In fact, let's throw Uncharted 3 in there to boot since it'd a shooter as well, although not a FPS but still one none the less and comparable. Perfect Dark has crisp 1080p and 60FPS--poor Killzone and Uncharted with their pitiful 30fps, and 720p. :[kuraimen
Where are the Flopza Horizon graphic awards. UC and KZ could lend it some if it wants lol

You're not even in the same ballpark there, not even in the parking lot, in fact, you're outside of town across the country. That's how large of a sidestep that was.
#362 Posted by The_Game21x (26342 posts) -

Oh look, Captain butthurt himself, Kuraimen is here.

Stevo, looks like you've rustled quite a few jimmies with this thread! :lol:

#363 Posted by kuraimen (28078 posts) -
[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]So, Perfect Dark > Killzone 3 since Wipeout HD > Forza Horizon. :O In fact, let's throw Uncharted 3 in there to boot since it'd a shooter as well, although not a FPS but still one none the less and comparable. Perfect Dark has crisp 1080p and 60FPS--poor Killzone and Uncharted with their pitiful 30fps, and 720p. :[Stevo_the_gamer

You're not even in the same ballpark there, not even in the parking lot, in fact, you're outside of town across the country. That's how large of a sidestep that was.

No argument?? I see lol
#364 Posted by Jonwh18 (9350 posts) -

Thinking back on how great perfominf Perfect Dark Zero was it really makes me with it had stayed closer to the Perfect Dark formula. THere was just something different about the multiplayer nd I can't quite put my finger on it. Lack of insanse number of weapons and mods maybe?

#365 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (42638 posts) -
[QUOTE="kuraimen"] No argument?? I see lol

What's there to argue, you've already showcased that Perfect Dark is superior to Killzone 3 and Uncharted 3 just like Wipeout HD is superior to Forza Horizon. :?
#366 Posted by kuraimen (28078 posts) -
[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"][QUOTE="kuraimen"] No argument?? I see lol

What's there to argue, you've already showcased that Perfect Dark is superior to Killzone 3 and Uncharted 3 just like Wipeout HD is superior to Forza Horizon. :?

Well ok, if Flopza Horizon is so awesome lets see it win countless graphics awards. I'll wait then lol
#367 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (42638 posts) -
[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"][QUOTE="kuraimen"] No argument?? I see lol

Well ok, if Flopza Horizon is so awesome lets see it win countless graphics awards. I'll wait then lol

Why does that matter? Did Wipeout HD win countless awards? Not that it matters though, because it was still superior to Forza Horizon much like Perfect Dark is superior to Killzone 3 and Uncharted 3. :]
#368 Posted by razgriz_101 (16871 posts) -

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"][QUOTE="kuraimen"] No argument?? I see lolkuraimen

yeah the flopza that met hype and beat GT5 score wise yet again is the flop...please continue with this idiotic ideology.

This games an optimized and well designed beast in the graphical department, how its holding 30FPS and keeping up these levels of visuals is insane.

#369 Posted by kuraimen (28078 posts) -
Did Wipeout HD win countless awards? Not that it matters though, because it was still superior to Forza HorizonStevo_the_gamer
Glad we can agree at least on that :D
#370 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (42638 posts) -
[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]Did Wipeout HD win countless awards? Not that it matters though, because it was still superior to Forza Horizonkuraimen

Why not the other part?
#371 Posted by Jonwh18 (9350 posts) -

[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]What's there to argue, you've already showcased that Perfect Dark is superior to Killzone 3 and Uncharted 3 just like Wipeout HD is superior to Forza Horizon. :?Stevo_the_gamer

Why does that matter? Did Wipeout HD win countless awards? Not that it matters though, because it was still superior to Forza Horizon much like Perfect Dark is superior to Killzone 3 and Uncharted 3. :]

No it only got countless nods in reviews. Which is a shame. A much better looking game then Killzone or Uncharted. It was also was a better overall game in general. Alas gaameing journalism, no $$$ = score, not awards, and no GOTY.

#372 Posted by lundy86_4 (43021 posts) -

Flopza? Kuraimen, Forza met the hype. Link.

#373 Posted by kuraimen (28078 posts) -
[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]Did Wipeout HD win countless awards? Not that it matters though, because it was still superior to Forza HorizonStevo_the_gamer

Why not the other part?

Why would I? Perfect Dark is not even in the same ballpark in Metacritic. At least Wipeout HD is above Horizon.
#374 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (42638 posts) -
No it only got countless nods in reviews. Which is a shame. A much better looking game then Killzone or Uncharted. It was also was a better overall game in general. Alas gaameing journalism, no $$$ = score, not awards, and no GOTY.Jonwh18
Oh cute, you have an opinion. :]
#375 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (42638 posts) -
[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"][QUOTE="kuraimen"] Glad we can agree at least on that :D

Why not the other part?

Why would I? Perfect Dark is not even in the same ballpark in Metacritic. At least Wipeout HD is above Horizon.

What does metacritic have to do with graphics?
#376 Posted by SecretPolice (21501 posts) -

Thinking back on how great perfominf Perfect Dark Zero was it really makes me with it had stayed closer to the Perfect Dark formula. THere was just something different about the multiplayer nd I can't quite put my finger on it. Lack of insanse number of weapons and mods maybe?

Jonwh18

Me & friends found the on-line in 2005-2006 to be truly addictive and quite well done with what was it, 32 players on-line? :shock:

We even had a hard time moving off of PDZ to playing Gears on-line but TBH, once we did, it was Gears all the way. :P

#377 Posted by jessejay420 (3748 posts) -
[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="WarOf1993"]Hey Kuraimen. Is this your PS3?

Lems find the most vain things funny over and over. Sign of feeble minds.

no,we just enjoy Laughing at you.
#378 Posted by DarthClark (460 posts) -

lundy86_4
Kuraimen isnt going to let little things like facts get in the way of his delusional arguments.
#379 Posted by jessejay420 (3748 posts) -

lundy86_4
Kuraimen = Pwned
#380 Posted by delta3074 (17906 posts) -
[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"][QUOTE="kuraimen"] Glad we can agree at least on that :D

Why not the other part?

Game Score=/= Games graphical prowess, you cannot say a game looks better than another because of scores, also, there hasn't been any awards ceremonys yet so i would keep your mouth shut because i have a feeling Forza horizon will win a few technical graphics awards, At this time it's easily the most technically advanced game this year, i doubt we will see another console game that runs FXAA and 4xMSAA in tandem.
#381 Posted by kuraimen (28078 posts) -
[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]Why not the other part?delta3074

Game Score=/= Games graphical prowess, you cannot say a game looks better than another because of scores, also, there hasn't been any awards ceremonys yet so i would keep your mouth shut because i have a feeling Forza horizon will win a few technical graphics awards, At this time it's easily the most technically advanced game this year, i doubt we will see another console game that runs FXAA and 4xMSAA in tandem.

Too bad those awards will not compare it to Wipeout HD still...
#382 Posted by delta3074 (17906 posts) -
[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="kuraimen"] Why would I? Perfect Dark is not even in the same ballpark in Metacritic. At least Wipeout HD is above Horizon.

Stop hammering a dead horse, BEST IN CLASS means exactly what it says, Wipeout HD looking better than Forza Horizon=Subjective, Forza Horizon being more technically advanced than Wipout HD= Fact, try to spin it anyway you want it, the experts at digital foundry have spoken, you cannot prove any bias on there part so do yourself a favour, stop tyring to fight Objective facts with subjective opinion, it doesn't work,lol IF thats the best argument you can come up with ten thats really sad, you have failed to showcase any areas where wipeout HD is superior to Forza horizon in the technicalgraphics department
#383 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (42638 posts) -
[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="kuraimen"] Why would I? Perfect Dark is not even in the same ballpark in Metacritic. At least Wipeout HD is above Horizon.

Exactly, which is why those awards for Uncharted and Killzone do not compare to Perfect Dark still.
#384 Posted by sts106mat (19044 posts) -
[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="delta3074"]Game Score=/= Games graphical prowess, you cannot say a game looks better than another because of scores, also, there hasn't been any awards ceremonys yet so i would keep your mouth shut because i have a feeling Forza horizon will win a few technical graphics awards, At this time it's easily the most technically advanced game this year, i doubt we will see another console game that runs FXAA and 4xMSAA in tandem.Stevo_the_gamer

Exactly, which is why those awards for Uncharted and Killzone do not compare to Perfect Dark still.

keep owning him with his own stupid arguments enough stevo and you'll cause him to have a nose bleed.
#385 Posted by delta3074 (17906 posts) -
[QUOTE="sts106mat"][QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"][QUOTE="kuraimen"] Too bad those awards will not compare it to Wipeout HD still...

keep owning him with his own stupid arguments enough stevo and you'll cause him to have a nose bleed.

Do you think he will have another meltdown,lol
#386 Posted by sts106mat (19044 posts) -
[QUOTE="sts106mat"][QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]Exactly, which is why those awards for Uncharted and Killzone do not compare to Perfect Dark still.delta3074

Do you think he will have another meltdown,lol

ah, you mean start posting about bum rape and stuff like that? could do, his buddy pinnaclegamingp is not around so its unlikely. kuraimen usually just disappears when owned, he's probably gone to the libraries toilets to get some tissue for his nose bleed.
#387 Posted by Heil68 (43508 posts) -
I tired the demo over the weekend and I liked it. The Rivals thing is pretty cool and it felt satisfying to beat one of those races. I felt the steering was a little touchy, no matter what car I took, so I used assisted steering, but i bet I could wean myself off of that if I played it enough. The music is pretty bad, but I'm guessing you can turn that off?
#388 Posted by sts106mat (19044 posts) -
I tired the demo over the weekend and I liked it. The Rivals thing is pretty cool and it felt satisfying to beat one of those races. I felt the steering was a little touchy, no matter what car I took, so I used assisted steering, but i bet I could wean myself off of that if I played it enough. The music is pretty bad, but I'm guessing you can turn that off? Heil68
use the D-pad to swap radio stations, i found a rock one, seemed pretty good.
#389 Posted by DarthClark (460 posts) -
I tired the demo over the weekend and I liked it. The Rivals thing is pretty cool and it felt satisfying to beat one of those races. I felt the steering was a little touchy, no matter what car I took, so I used assisted steering, but i bet I could wean myself off of that if I played it enough. The music is pretty bad, but I'm guessing you can turn that off? Heil68
press left or right on the d pad to switch stations or turn it off.
#390 Posted by Heil68 (43508 posts) -
[QUOTE="Heil68"]I tired the demo over the weekend and I liked it. The Rivals thing is pretty cool and it felt satisfying to beat one of those races. I felt the steering was a little touchy, no matter what car I took, so I used assisted steering, but i bet I could wean myself off of that if I played it enough. The music is pretty bad, but I'm guessing you can turn that off? sts106mat
use the D-pad to swap radio stations, i found a rock one, seemed pretty good.

ahhh, I'll try that.
#391 Posted by jessejay420 (3748 posts) -
i use custom soundtracks when i play racing games.
#392 Posted by jessejay420 (3748 posts) -

[QUOTE="clone01"][QUOTE="Z-Fatalis"]

Arcade racer, no thanks.

Z-Fatalis

Considering your sig, 0/10 trolling attempt. Keep practicing, though, you'll get better.

What does that have anything to do with LBP Karting?

Arcade racers are not my thing.

Sim racers are.

Fun racing games that don't take themselves too seriously like Mario Kart, LBP Karting and Crash racing are.

I'm actually far from trolling.

you make no sense :?
#393 Posted by CanYouDiglt (7315 posts) -
I can not believe how many pages have been discussing which is better graphically Wipeout or Forza Horizon. They are clearly trolling big time. Forza is obviously much better graphically.
#394 Posted by killerflop (85 posts) -

the cars still look a hell of alot more realistic on gt5 the reflections looks better

#395 Posted by The_Game21x (26342 posts) -

I can not believe how many pages have been discussing which is better graphically Wipeout or Forza Horizon. They are clearly trolling big time. Forza is obviously much better graphically. CanYouDiglt

Yeah but it's not on the PS3 so they'd like to live in denial that a 360 game could possibly be better looking than any of the PS3's games.

#396 Posted by Nuck81 (5837 posts) -
The PS3 needs a solid Casual Arcade Racer like Forza Horizon. There hasn't been a good one since Midnight Club LA and Burnout Paradise.
#397 Posted by The_Game21x (26342 posts) -

The PS3 needs a solid Casual Arcade Racer like Forza Horizon. There hasn't been a good one since Midnight Club LA and Burnout Paradise.Nuck81

Actually, Forza Horizon is still a sim racer with assists to make it feel more arcade-like.

Turn off all the assists and it's just as realistic as Forza 4 (which is to say the most realistic sim on a console).

#398 Posted by kuraimen (28078 posts) -
I can not believe how many pages have been discussing which is better graphically Wipeout or Forza Horizon. They are clearly trolling big time. Forza is obviously much better graphically. CanYouDiglt
Prove it. Find me a source technically comparing both graphically.
#399 Posted by kuraimen (28078 posts) -

[QUOTE="Nuck81"]The PS3 needs a solid Casual Arcade Racer like Forza Horizon. There hasn't been a good one since Midnight Club LA and Burnout Paradise.The_Game21x

Actually, Forza Horizon is still a sim racer with assists to make it feel more arcade-like.

Turn off all the assists and it's just as realistic as Forza 4 (which is to say the most realistic sim on a console).

Lol lems and their standards for sim racing...
#400 Posted by Jonwh18 (9350 posts) -

[QUOTE="Nuck81"]The PS3 needs a solid Casual Arcade Racer like Forza Horizon. There hasn't been a good one since Midnight Club LA and Burnout Paradise.The_Game21x

so should I get it or not? I hate sim racers period.