DF Interviews Playground Games; Find out why Forza is "best-in-class."

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#301 Posted by JohnnyCageMK (4340 posts) -
cows butthurt is out of control :lol:Tessellation
Agreed. And the best is yet to come.
#302 Posted by Pitbulllova (760 posts) -

[QUOTE="Z-Fatalis"]

Arcade racer, no thanks.

PhazonBlazer

So what do you call Little Big Planet Karting?

haha owned.
#303 Posted by jessejay420 (3832 posts) -
cows butthurt is out of control :lol:Tessellation
"bu bu DF are Fanboys!! :cry: "
#304 Posted by JohnnyCageMK (4340 posts) -

[QUOTE="Tessellation"]cows butthurt is out of control :lol:jessejay420

Don't forget the gamespot 360 app and MS paying off every review site there is :lol:

#305 Posted by razgriz_101 (16871 posts) -

[QUOTE="Jonwh18"]

[QUOTE="balfe1990"]

Hemp is one of the most useful and versatile materials out there...

What could you possibly have against it?

Plagueless

past encounters with people abusing it for non-industrial purposes.

Hemp =/= Marijuana, but I agree with you. The problem with Marijuana is that it is used specifically to get high. Unlike alcohol, which can be enjoyed without affecting the brain and the user's judgement, Marijuana is used specifically to impair the senses. With as many drunk-driving related deaths there are already, can you imagine if we added weed to the mix?

oh god i demand a facedesk over here.

No matter how much alcohol one consumes it still has an affect on the brain no matter how minute, same goes for having a joint or two its much like alcohol its best consumed in a very controlled and responsible manner.Marijuana's had a lot of testing and studies have found it to actually be a safer substance to consume IF consumed in the right way.

Tbh i do both, but i'll always make sure im responsible.Being honest i dont see why its not been made fully legal its a massive area that goverments strapped for cash could use for revenue.

People who spout crap like the bold part clearly have no clue what they are on about.

#306 Posted by sts106mat (19845 posts) -

[QUOTE="Plagueless"][QUOTE="Jonwh18"] past encounters with people abusing it for non-industrial purposes.

razgriz_101

Hemp =/= Marijuana, but I agree with you. The problem with Marijuana is that it is used specifically to get high. Unlike alcohol, which can be enjoyed without affecting the brain and the user's judgement, Marijuana is used specifically to impair the senses. With as many drunk-driving related deaths there are already, can you imagine if we added weed to the mix?

No matter how much alcohol one consumes it still has an affect on the brain no matter how minute, same goes for having a joint or two its much like alcohol its best consumed in a very controlled and responsible manner.Marijuana's had a lot of testing and studies have found it to actually be a safer substance to consume IF consumed in the right way.

Tbh i do both, but i'll always make sure im responsible.Being honest i dont see why its not been made fully legal its a massive area that goverments strapped for cash could use for revenue.

People who spout crap like the bold part clearly have no clue what they are on about.

i kind of agree it could be legalised, but research has shown that a typical joint is like smoking six cigarrettes or something because it is un filtered and you'd tend to take bigger drags, dont even go there with bongs lol. so the added stress on the NHS wont help. but the amount of drink related illness / deaths is just staggering, its ludicrous that alcholol which is a depressant, causes thousands of unspoken incidents a week is legal, whilst cannabis is not.
#307 Posted by razgriz_101 (16871 posts) -

[QUOTE="razgriz_101"]

[QUOTE="Plagueless"] Hemp =/= Marijuana, but I agree with you. The problem with Marijuana is that it is used specifically to get high. Unlike alcohol, which can be enjoyed without affecting the brain and the user's judgement, Marijuana is used specifically to impair the senses. With as many drunk-driving related deaths there are already, can you imagine if we added weed to the mix?sts106mat

i kind of agree it could be legalised, but research has shown that a typical joint is like smoking six cigarrettes or something because it is un filtered and you'd tend to take bigger drags, dont even go there with bongs lol. so the added stress on the NHS wont help. but the amount of drink related illness / deaths is just staggering, its ludicrous that alcholol which is a depressant, causes thousands of unspoken incidents a week is legal, whilst cannabis is not.

if your smoking 3 skin fatties to yourself sure as hell its gonna damage you more, i tend to roll 1 skins if im doing it small quick and pretty inconspicuos when your at band practice or at a gig, basically same amount of baccy as a normal cig (usual choice of weapon is stuff straight out a malboro red :P).

bongs and solid are bad theres no arguing that cause soapbar is just craptacular.

Always feel theres a lot of misinformation gets thrown about and that alcohol to some folks is some kind of wonder drug, despite it being a deppressant and the fact i know more people injured by it :S

#308 Posted by jessejay420 (3832 posts) -

[QUOTE="jessejay420"][QUOTE="Tessellation"]cows butthurt is out of control :lol:JohnnyCageMK

Don't forget the gamespot 360 app and MS paying off every review site there is :lol:

what does the "gamespot app" joke mean? i kinda missed that one
#309 Posted by sts106mat (19845 posts) -

[QUOTE="JohnnyCageMK"]

[QUOTE="jessejay420"] "bu bu DF are Fanboys!! :cry: "jessejay420

what does the "gamespot app" joke mean? i kinda missed that one

because there is now a "gamespot app" on the xbox 360 (along with the IGN one) that basically means you can watch gamespots video reviews on your xbox.

cows maintain that GS is now in league with MS to score all xbox exclusives higher than the MC average. the app is available on the XBL marketplace. the optional tin foil hat is available from your kitchen drawer.

#310 Posted by The_Last_Ride (71893 posts) -
i ordered the limited edition
#311 Posted by freedomfreak (40646 posts) -
Watch it when talking about drugs. You get moderated for that sh!t. Sucks, I know.
#312 Posted by WarOf1993 (88 posts) -

[QUOTE="sts106mat"][QUOTE="razgriz_101"]

razgriz_101

if your smoking 3 skin fatties to yourself sure as hell its gonna damage you more, i tend to roll 1 skins if im doing it small quick and pretty inconspicuos when your at band practice or at a gig, basically same amount of baccy as a normal cig (usual choice of weapon is stuff straight out a malboro red :P).

bongs and solid are bad theres no arguing that cause soapbar is just craptacular.

Always feel theres a lot of misinformation gets thrown about and that alcohol to some folks is some kind of wonder drug, despite it being a deppressant and the fact i know more people injured by it :S

Who gives a ****? Bragging about smoking and thinking you are some cool guy for doing it is like bragging about what STD you got from your boyfriend in prison. No one, and I mean no one cares.
#313 Posted by delta3074 (18311 posts) -

[QUOTE="Plagueless"][QUOTE="Jonwh18"] past encounters with people abusing it for non-industrial purposes.

razgriz_101

having smoked it for many years i can tell you it was the alcohol that got me arrested and sent to anger management, the other stuff actually sorted my head out and calmed me down a great deal, The last thing you want when you are stoned is Trouble, you tend to me more accomodating with people, Stoners are the most harmless people on the planet and smoke has nowhere near the same kind of mind altering characteristics that Alchohol has, people who are drunk just want to cause aggro and fight, people who are stoned don't want any troule at all and are usually the most chilled out people on the planet, annoys me how many people are totally naive to which one is more dangerous, it's alcohol hands down
#314 Posted by WarOf1993 (88 posts) -
[QUOTE="razgriz_101"]

[QUOTE="Plagueless"] Hemp =/= Marijuana, but I agree with you. The problem with Marijuana is that it is used specifically to get high. Unlike alcohol, which can be enjoyed without affecting the brain and the user's judgement, Marijuana is used specifically to impair the senses. With as many drunk-driving related deaths there are already, can you imagine if we added weed to the mix?delta3074

having smoked it for many years i can tell you it was the alcohol that got me arrested and sent to anger management, the other stuff actually sorted my head out and calmed me down a great deal, The last thing you want when you are stoned is Trouble, you tend to me more accomodating with people, Stoners are the most harmless people on the planet and smoke has nowhere near the same kind of mind altering characteristics that Alchohol has, people who are drunk just want to cause aggro and fight, people who are stoned don't want any troule at all and are usually the most chilled out people on the planet, annoys me how many people are totally naive to which one is more dangerous, it's alcohol hands down

So drinking makes you wanna play Army of Two and fight? Again. Why cares?
#315 Posted by delta3074 (18311 posts) -
[QUOTE="razgriz_101"]

[QUOTE="sts106mat"] i kind of agree it could be legalised, but research has shown that a typical joint is like smoking six cigarrettes or something because it is un filtered and you'd tend to take bigger drags, dont even go there with bongs lol. so the added stress on the NHS wont help. but the amount of drink related illness / deaths is just staggering, its ludicrous that alcholol which is a depressant, causes thousands of unspoken incidents a week is legal, whilst cannabis is not.WarOf1993

Who gives a ****? Bragging about smoking and thinking you are some cool guy for doing it is like bragging about what STD you got from your boyfriend in prison. No one, and I mean no one cares.

i see no bragging, just an arrogant child (you) wh o seems to think he can speak for the rest of the world, YOU don't care, don't assume other people don't,lol on that note, lets end this convo, enough has been said and there, i will leave you with this, since the dawn of time that has not been a single death asscociated with smoke, there have been thousands of deaths where alcohol was the direct result, even according to medical resaerch alcohol i s actually far more dangerous.
#316 Posted by delta3074 (18311 posts) -
[QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="razgriz_101"]

WarOf1993

i was in the REAL army for 6 years kid, grow up.
#317 Posted by WarOf1993 (88 posts) -
[QUOTE="WarOf1993"][QUOTE="delta3074"]having smoked it for many years i can tell you it was the alcohol that got me arrested and sent to anger management, the other stuff actually sorted my head out and calmed me down a great deal, The last thing you want when you are stoned is Trouble, you tend to me more accomodating with people, Stoners are the most harmless people on the planet and smoke has nowhere near the same kind of mind altering characteristics that Alchohol has, people who are drunk just want to cause aggro and fight, people who are stoned don't want any troule at all and are usually the most chilled out people on the planet, annoys me how many people are totally naive to which one is more dangerous, it's alcohol hands downdelta3074

First of all I am not a kid. Army or jail, no one cares where you got your STD. Now STFU and get back on topic and quit being a waste of God damn space talking about stupid **** like little boys putting things in their mouth.
#318 Posted by sts106mat (19845 posts) -
[QUOTE="WarOf1993"][QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="WarOf1993"] So drinking makes you wanna play Army of Two and fight? Again. Why cares?

First of all I am not a kid. Army or jail, no one cares where you got your STD. Now STFU and get back on topic and quit being a waste of God damn space talking about stupid **** like little boys putting things in their mouth.

welcome to system wars, you'll fit right in.....
#319 Posted by The_Last_Ride (71893 posts) -

i ordered the limited edition

#320 Posted by delta3074 (18311 posts) -
[QUOTE="WarOf1993"][QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="WarOf1993"] So drinking makes you wanna play Army of Two and fight? Again. Why cares?

i'm not the one throwing a temper tantrum and throwing insults around at people, nad i will talk about what i want to talk about, Don't like it? i DON't care,Certainly not gonna take orders from a foul mouthed kid ,lol
#321 Posted by kuraimen (28078 posts) -
Meh, Wipeout HD still looks and runs better. Also has higher Metacritic.
#322 Posted by jessejay420 (3832 posts) -
i dont want you guys to get moderated so please just chill and twist one up :P
#323 Posted by delta3074 (18311 posts) -
Meh, Wipeout HD still looks and runs better. Also has higher Metacritic.kuraimen
Subjeective opinion dude, Show me a PS3 game that can hold a constant 30 FPS with no Screen tearing AND run 4xMsaa and FXAA in tandem, one things for sure, Forza horizon has less jaggies than wipeout HD,lol
#324 Posted by delta3074 (18311 posts) -
i dont want you guys to get moderated so please just chill and twist one up :Pjessejay420
Already there jesse, but thanks for caring man:)
#325 Posted by kuraimen (28078 posts) -
[QUOTE="kuraimen"]Meh, Wipeout HD still looks and runs better. Also has higher Metacritic.delta3074
Subjeective opinion dude, Show me a PS3 game that can hold a constant 30 FPS with no Screen tearing AND run 4xMsaa and FXAA in tandem, one things for sure, Forza horizon has less jaggies than wipeout HD,lol

Wipeout HD is a constant 60 fps :|
#326 Posted by jessejay420 (3832 posts) -
Meh, Wipeout HD still looks and runs better. Also has higher Metacritic.kuraimen
Wipeout HD :lol: Cows cant use GT5 anymore so they dig up old games :lol:
#327 Posted by clone01 (24770 posts) -

Jonwh18

My cousin was killed by a pothead who blew a stop sign under the influence of weed. I can imagine, in excruciating detail, exactly how things would be if hemp/pot were legal.

Just like alcohol, right?
#328 Posted by delta3074 (18311 posts) -
[QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="kuraimen"]Meh, Wipeout HD still looks and runs better. Also has higher Metacritic.kuraimen

BUT does it run 4xMSAA AND FXAA at the same time, no it doesn't and Forza horizon is open world, not limited to Tracks, for one of these consoles to RUN both AA methods at the same time Really is quite an achievement, especially considering the PS3 has trouble running 2xMSAA on it's own,lol
#329 Posted by kuraimen (28078 posts) -
[QUOTE="kuraimen"]Meh, Wipeout HD still looks and runs better. Also has higher Metacritic.jessejay420

We're talking about arcade racers don't we? and that game you're laughing at has a better metascore than Flopza Horizon.
#330 Posted by kuraimen (28078 posts) -
[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="delta3074"]Subjeective opinion dude, Show me a PS3 game that can hold a constant 30 FPS with no Screen tearing AND run 4xMsaa and FXAA in tandem, one things for sure, Forza horizon has less jaggies than wipeout HD,loldelta3074

BUT does it run 4xMSAA AND FXAA at the same time, no it doesn't and Forza horizon is open world, not limited to Tracks, for one of these consoles to RUN both AA methods at the same time Really is quite an achievement, especially considering the PS3 has trouble running 2xMSAA on it's own,lol

Better performance in a racing game is more important than graphic tweeks you don't notice. And Wipeout HD performs better and looks great at the same time.
#331 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (42906 posts) -
Oh would you look at that, downloadable games exist again.
#332 Posted by sts106mat (19845 posts) -
[QUOTE="jessejay420"][QUOTE="kuraimen"]Meh, Wipeout HD still looks and runs better. Also has higher Metacritic.kuraimen

We're talking about arcade racers don't we? and that game you're laughing at has a better metascore than Flopza Horizon.

forza has 10% more reviews than wipeout, so as always using metacritic to say X is better than Y = stupid.
#333 Posted by WarOf1993 (88 posts) -
[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="kuraimen"] Wipeout HD is a constant 60 fps :|

Better performance in a racing game is more important than graphic tweeks you don't notice. And Wipeout HD performs better and looks great at the same time.

And you could tell that off of a Youtube video from the Library's computer?
#334 Posted by jessejay420 (3832 posts) -
[QUOTE="jessejay420"][QUOTE="kuraimen"]Meh, Wipeout HD still looks and runs better. Also has higher Metacritic.kuraimen

Wipeout HD - 7.5 Forza Horizon - 8.5 :?
#335 Posted by delta3074 (18311 posts) -
[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="kuraimen"] Wipeout HD is a constant 60 fps :|

NOT according to DF "The overall look and feel of the game is almost untouchable, with an extremely high standard of production values applied to almost every visual element - everything meshes together beautifully, making for a best-in-class presentation." You understand what UNTOUCHABLE and BEST IN CLASS actually mean right? "Somehow, Horizon manages to maintain its exceptional standards with a level of consistency we rarely see in modern gaming."
#336 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (42906 posts) -

[QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="kuraimen"]Meh, Wipeout HD still looks and runs better. Also has higher Metacritic.kuraimen

Perfect Dark is native 1080p and 60FPS. I guess Perfect Dark > Killzone 3 and Killzone 2. Derpy, derp.

#337 Posted by PAL360 (26888 posts) -

[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="delta3074"]Subjeective opinion dude, Show me a PS3 game that can hold a constant 30 FPS with no Screen tearing AND run 4xMsaa and FXAA in tandem, one things for sure, Forza horizon has less jaggies than wipeout HD,loldelta3074

Cows will never accept it, but it's pretty much a fact that 360 handles open/hardware demanding games better than PS3. Forza Horizon, once again, confirms it. It's open world, performs incredibly well and looks up to the best!

#338 Posted by jessejay420 (3832 posts) -
[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="delta3074"]BUT does it run 4xMSAA AND FXAA at the same time, no it doesn't and Forza horizon is open world, not limited to Tracks, for one of these consoles to RUN both AA methods at the same time Really is quite an achievement, especially considering the PS3 has trouble running 2xMSAA on it's own,lolWarOf1993

And you could tell that off of a Youtube video from the Library's computer?

True. Everyone on SW knows Kuraimen doesnt have a PS3/360 :lol:
#339 Posted by kuraimen (28078 posts) -

Oh would you look at that, downloadable games exist again.Stevo_the_gamer

What's that??

image_wipeout-hd-fury-fr-playstation-3_t

#340 Posted by jessejay420 (3832 posts) -

[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="delta3074"]Subjeective opinion dude, Show me a PS3 game that can hold a constant 30 FPS with no Screen tearing AND run 4xMsaa and FXAA in tandem, one things for sure, Forza horizon has less jaggies than wipeout HD,lolStevo_the_gamer

Perfect Dark is native 1080p and 60FPS. I guess Perfect Dark > Killzone 3 and Killzone 2. Derpy, derp.

Pwned
#341 Posted by kuraimen (28078 posts) -
[QUOTE="jessejay420"][QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="jessejay420"] Wipeout HD :lol: Cows cant use GT5 anymore so they dig up old games :lol:

Lol Lemspot Wipeout HD 87 Flopza Horizon 86
#342 Posted by kuraimen (28078 posts) -
[QUOTE="sts106mat"][QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="jessejay420"] Wipeout HD :lol: Cows cant use GT5 anymore so they dig up old games :lol:

forza has 10% more reviews than wipeout, so as always using metacritic to say X is better than Y = stupid.

Using GS is even more so...
#343 Posted by jessejay420 (3832 posts) -
[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="delta3074"]BUT does it run 4xMSAA AND FXAA at the same time, no it doesn't and Forza horizon is open world, not limited to Tracks, for one of these consoles to RUN both AA methods at the same time Really is quite an achievement, especially considering the PS3 has trouble running 2xMSAA on it's own,loldelta3074

NOT according to DF "The overall look and feel of the game is almost untouchable, with an extremely high standard of production values applied to almost every visual element - everything meshes together beautifully, making for a best-in-class presentation." You understand what UNTOUCHABLE and BEST IN CLASS actually mean right? "Somehow, Horizon manages to maintain its exceptional standards with a level of consistency we rarely see in modern gaming."

Pwning Kuraimen never gets old :lol:
#344 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (42906 posts) -

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]Oh would you look at that, downloadable games exist again.kuraimen

What's that??

image_wipeout-hd-fury-fr-playstation-3_t

What's what... ?
#345 Posted by WarOf1993 (88 posts) -

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]Oh would you look at that, downloadable games exist again.kuraimen

What's that??

What's that?
#347 Posted by kuraimen (28078 posts) -
[QUOTE="jessejay420"][QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="kuraimen"] Better performance in a racing game is more important than graphic tweeks you don't notice. And Wipeout HD performs better and looks great at the same time.

DF can say a lot but the games with more graphics awards this gen are PS3 exclusives. Besides Eurogamer fired the guy who exposed corruption on one of their reviewers so I don't trust them now.
#348 Posted by jessejay420 (3832 posts) -
[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="jessejay420"][QUOTE="kuraimen"] We're talking about arcade racers don't we? and that game you're laughing at has a better metascore than Flopza Horizon.

Lol Lemspot Wipeout HD 87 Flopza Horizon 86

GT5 84 :lol: keep bringing teh Lulz
#349 Posted by kuraimen (28078 posts) -
[QUOTE="kuraimen"]

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]Oh would you look at that, downloadable games exist again.WarOf1993

What's that??

What's that?

Cool all games count then :)
#350 Posted by jessejay420 (3832 posts) -
[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="jessejay420"][QUOTE="delta3074"]NOT according to DF "The overall look and feel of the game is almost untouchable, with an extremely high standard of production values applied to almost every visual element - everything meshes together beautifully, making for a best-in-class presentation." You understand what UNTOUCHABLE and BEST IN CLASS actually mean right? "Somehow, Horizon manages to maintain its exceptional standards with a level of consistency we rarely see in modern gaming."

DF can say a lot but the games with more graphics awards this gen are PS3 exclusives. Besides Eurogamer fired the guy who exposed corruption on one of their reviewers so I don't trust them now.

do you enjoy getting owned all the time?