m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 m3dude1
Member since 2007 • 2334 Posts

Straight port, xbone basically = pc top settings. only improvements are resolution and FPS with a fast enough pc. even a gtx 980 cant play at 1080p/60. hermits dreams crushed again. DF also explicitly states ryse on xbone was an enormous jump in visual quality over c3. lol hermits just get owned day in and day out.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-hands-on-with-ryse-pc?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=socialoomph

7MDMA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2 7MDMA
Member since 2014 • 315 Posts

Didnt DF say Dead Rising 3 maxed on PC was the equivalent of X1? Because I've seen it on X1 and it looks way better running on my PC at max settings. I'll be taking DF's analysis with a pinch of salt.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By m3dude1

yes we are well aware of your view that running the same game at a higher resolution = generational improvement when its on the pc specifically. move along now silly herm

7MDMA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 7MDMA

@m3dude1 said:

yes we are well aware of your view that running the same game at a higher resolution = generational improvement. move along now silly herm

High res Ryse will be pretty beastly I'm sure you'd agree.

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#5  Edited By parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

@m3dude1 said:

even a gtx 980 cant play at 1080p/60.

Not even double Titans can do that, either. Supersampling this game is both pointless and unplayable at this point.

Try getting that SSAA working on an Xbone! :P

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By m3dude1

@7mdma: of course, ive stated many times that it stands with infamous and shadowfall in the top 3. thats not the point tho. it was you and all the other herms saying how bad ryse on xbone looked. its the same damn visual experience at a higher res and now suddenly all the herms are crowning it the current GOAT. its just comical what a sad group you guys are

@parkurtommo im talking about straight 1080p with no supersampling. supersampling is basically out of the question except for those dumb enough to spend over a thousand on gpus.

ScarTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By ScarTM
Member since 2014 • 174 Posts

Sshhhh,

Hide before the hermits storm this thread.

But I am skeptical about PCs not being able to run Ryse at 1080/60 mark.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

@m3dude1 said:

Straight port, xbone basically = pc top settings. only improvements are resolution and FPS with a fast enough pc. even a gtx 980 cant play at 1080p/60. hermits dreams crushed again. DF also explicitly states ryse on xbone was an enormous jump in visual quality over c3. lol hermits just get owned day in and day out.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-hands-on-with-ryse-pc?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=socialoomph

With super sampling enabled.

Besides, DF states there's no real difference between the xbone settings and max settings. I expected this, since it was made for the xb1 from stratch.

I'm wait for the full finalized version. lol cows

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By m3dude1

@deadline-zero0: you should check out hooked on phonics and then give the article another read clown

"However, the feeling we get is that a maxed-out Ryse is going to challenge a lot of lower-end hardware - and that 30fps cap may well turn out to be rather more useful than you may think. If the GTX 980 in combination with a 4.3GHz Core i7 isn't consistently blitzing this game at 1080p60, the talk of 4K support and the inclusion of super-sampling anti-aliasing seems like more of a 'future-proofing' option as opposed to something enthusiast gamers can access in the here and now."

its pathetic how you literally have to hold hermits hands just to get them to understand what it is they are reading. jesus christ.

Avatar image for DarthaPerkinjan
DarthaPerkinjan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10  Edited By DarthaPerkinjan
Member since 2005 • 1318 Posts

But I thought hermits played every game in 4K at 120fps?

7MDMA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 7MDMA

@DarthaPerkinjan said:

But I thought hermits played evernygame in 4K at 120fps?

There's a nice middle ground between that and what the X-boners played.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts

DF are noobs, saying the 290 has 3Gb of VRAM? WTF!

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

I'm not sure how having a game ported over to PC with higher fidelity, more graphical options and more control options is a lose?

Guess what cryengine on PC does stuff that todays cards can't handle (Super sampling AA for one example), nothing new about that. I got an 8800GT for Crysis and it still struggled to max the game.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#14  Edited By Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Ryse was already best looking game on consoles . Now , with the enhancements and higher resolution, Super Sampling etc , it is even better . It was always better looking game than any Playstation 4 exclusive currently available . And now it is better than original Xbox version as well (let alone PS4 games) . Don't know what's the point of this thread .

miiiiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 miiiiv
Member since 2013 • 943 Posts

DF: "What's clear from our testing though is that the overall look and feel of the Xbox One version of the game is a very close approximation of the top-end settings on PC. There do seem to be some minor improvements on the new PC version though - for example, there does seem to be some variance on LODs in the first level - perhaps Crytek manually tweaks the settings on console to maintain performance."

So even DF saw some differences and nowadays they have vision like a mole.

faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By faizan_faizan
Member since 2009 • 7869 Posts

From the article:

'Crytek says that the press build is not representative of the final build performance-wise, and pretty much the only exercise it prohibited on the build it released was benchmarking.'

And the 'very high' graphics option from this build is missing.

http://www.crytek.com/sites/default/files/wysiwyg/images/6afdcf032d148bceeb95d07b5caa3106.png

#rekt

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By m3dude1

there is no very high preset, crytek just changed the name of high to very high. if you actually knew how to read you would know that was already covered in the DF article.

#rekt dumb dumb

JasonN36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 JasonN36
Member since 2014 • 160 Posts

That's to be expected, and frankly pc gamers won't even care about this game until it sells for about $5 on steam.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@Cloud_imperium said:

Ryse was already best looking game on consoles . Now , with the enhancements and higher resolution, Super Sampling etc , it is even better . It was always better looking game than any Playstation 4 exclusive currently available . And now it is better than original Xbox version as well (let alone PS4 games) . Don't know what's the point of this thread .

Yeah Infamous say high and is not enclosed shi** 900p with drops into the teens like Ryse.

Not only that the Order just fu**ing piss over Ryse as well,that xbox one soft spot of your sure is funny..lol

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 tormentos
@faizan_faizan said:

From the article:

'Crytek says that the press build is not representative of the final build performance-wise, and pretty much the only exercise it prohibited on the build it released was benchmarking.'

And the 'very high' graphics option from this build is missing.

http://www.crytek.com/sites/default/files/wysiwyg/images/6afdcf032d148bceeb95d07b5caa3106.png

#rekt

Even on low on PC you can see it is sharper than the xbox one and has more things on it look at the ground the xbox one is missing grass even vs low...

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Cloud_imperium

Devs disagree . Some say that Infamous doesn't even have dynamic shadows . And didn't Ryse get best looking game award few weeks ago .? Anyway , Order isn't out yet (funny you mentioned it , since Order isn't 1080p either) .

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

It is the animation, lighting, and transparencies that make ryse look so good, not the resolution.

@m3dude1 You are correct in stating that most pc fanboys were, and still are apparently, blind to what goes into image quality. I do remember the visual hype for this game and how the pc crowd would do everything they could to downplay the visuals.

It is likely that the bump in resolution does bring out the details in the higher resolution textures. On the other hand, this same increase likely brings out the faults of the game, as well--those straight line "seams" that become more apparent at higher resolutions.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By tormentos

@Cloud_imperium said:

Devs disagree . Some say that Infamous doesn't even have dynamic shadows . And didn't Ryse get best looking game award few weeks ago .? Anyway , Order isn't out yet (funny you mentioned it , since Order isn't 1080p either) .

Infamous does have dynamic shadows,the problem is that not all light sources cast a shadows which is different .

Yeah Ryse release on 2013 Infamous on 2014 so getting best graphics when Infamous wasn't in the competing games isn't quite the same.

The order is 1920x800p NOT UPSCALE with black bars on a 2.40.1 ratio which is cinematic,that ratio without black bars isn't 1080p is actually higher,and 1080p movies even with black bars are 1080p movies since there is no upscale black pixels are still pixels you know.

Ryse was 900p upscale to 1080p.

And Infamous has a solid performance almost always abode 30FPS,on 1080p open world with incredible lighting,particle effects and animation,that last one suck rather bad on Ryse animations are a joke on Ryse.

Ryse is 900p after been downgrade from 1080p which was stated to be running in on E3 2013,it rus between 26 and 28 FPS with drops into the teens and is enclosed as hell one of the most heavy path guided game and constricted games ever made.

That softspot for MS make you look like a fool specially when you hype PC so much,Ryse would be 1080p on PS4 with faster frames anything the XBO can run the PS4 can run it faster period...

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 GarGx1

@Heirren said:

It is the animation, lighting, and transparencies that make ryse look so good, not the resolution.

@m3dude1 You are correct in stating that most pc fanboys were, and still are apparently, blind to what goes into image quality. I do remember the visual hype for this game and how the pc crowd would do everything they could to downplay the visuals.

It is likely that the bump in resolution does bring out the details in the higher resolution textures. On the other hand, this same increase likely brings out the faults of the game, as well--those straight line "seams" that become more apparent at higher resolutions.

So, almighty graphics expert, who apparently knows more than people who have been altering graphic settings for years (decades in my case). Please explain in more depth, how you came to the conclusion that higher resolution does not make a game look good but in actual fact makes a game look worse because you can see more detail!

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46260 Posts

@7mdma said:

Didnt DF say Dead Rising 3 maxed on PC was the equivalent of X1? Because I've seen it on X1 and it looks way better running on my PC at max settings. I'll be taking DF's analysis with a pinch of salt.

+1

Dead Rising 3 on PC looks better than it did on Xbone.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

@GarGx1 said:

@Heirren said:

So, almighty graphics expert, who apparently knows more than people who have been altering graphic settings for years (decades in my case). Please explain in more depth, how you came to the conclusion that higher resolution does not make a game look good but in actual fact makes a game look worse because you can see more detail!

Altering settings makes one an expert?

This is what I'm referring to. Instances where low quality textures meet higher quality textures creating breakups in the overall visual aesthetic--inconsistency. It isn't only on pc, but increases in resolution only heighten the effect.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Cloud_imperium

@tormentos said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

Infamous does have dynamic shadows,the problem is that not all light sources cast a shadows which is different .

Yeah Ryse release on 2013 Infamous on 2014 so getting best graphics when Infamous wasn't in the competing games isn't quite the same.

The order is 1920x800p NOT UPSCALE with black bars on a 2.40.1 ratio which is cinematic,that ratio without black bars isn't 1080p is actually higher,and 1080p movies even with black bars are 1080p movies since there is no upscale black pixels are still pixels you know.

Ryse was 900p upscale to 1080p.

And Infamous has a solid performance almost always abode 30FPS,on 1080p open world with incredible lighting,particle effects and animation,that last one suck rather bad on Ryse animations are a joke on Ryse.

Ryse is 900p after been downgrade from 1080p which was stated to be running in on E3 2013,it rus between 26 and 28 FPS with drops into the teens and is enclosed as hell one of the most heavy path guided game and constricted games ever made.

That softspot for MS make you look like a fool specially when you hype PC so much,Ryse would be 1080p on PS4 with faster frames anything the XBO can run the PS4 can run it faster period...

Oh , light source doesn't cast shadow but Infamous DOES have dynamic shadows , gotcha . On other hand, Ryse may have been up scaled on Xbox (but other than that , it was the most impressive game on consoles) but now it's 4K native , so PC got that covered .

As for Order , sorry I didn't know that black bars and sub 1080p was their to make it more cinematic . i thought black bars were covering the environment . I thought it was technical limitation , but now I know that PS4 is more than capable of handling it and it was artistic choice. Thanks for enlightening me dude .

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

Just shows you how well the X1 did with this game

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 GarGx1

@Heirren said:

@GarGx1 said:

@Heirren said:

Altering settings makes one an expert?

This is what I'm referring to. Instances where low quality textures meet higher quality textures creating breakups in the overall visual aesthetic--inconsistency. It isn't only on pc, but increases in resolution only heighten the effect.

If you wish to find the optimum settings for your own self built PC, then absolutely you need to understand what various graphical effects do to an image at any given time. For instance I hate motion blur and depth of field, so I switch them off. If I didn't understand what these do, I would never be able to locate what I don't like occurring and therefore disable them. You'll find a lot more knowledge in the PC gaming community than with console gamers. Don't allow yourself to get confused by system wars trolls.

Still, even with the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. images you posted, I have never encountered a problem where a game running at 1080p is visually worse than a game running at 720p or 900p. The only time where I've found running a game at 1080p is with older games where they have no native support for HD resolutions, KOTR for example. This is not an issue Ryse will have, being a 2014 game and supporting up to 4k.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

So, are the cutscenes still pre-rendered or realtime? The real deal.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

Crytek says that the press build is not representative of the final build performance-wise, and pretty much the only exercise it prohibited on the build it released was benchmarking.

Guess the TC can't read :(

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By tormentos

@Cloud_imperium said:

Oh , light source doesn't cast shadow but Infamous DOES have dynamic shadows , gotcha . On other hand, Ryse may have been up scaled on Xbox (but other than that , it was the most impressive game on consoles) but now it's 4K native , so PC got that covered .

As for Order , sorry I didn't know that black bars and sub 1080p was their to make it more cinematic . i thought black bars were covering the environment . I thought it was technical limitation , but now I know that PS4 is more than capable of handling it and it was artistic choice. Thanks for enlightening me dude .

No learn to read not all light sources cast a shadows others do.

It is upscale to 1080p and runs poorly performance wise,while been completely enclosed something reviews slam the game for,it felt basically like a corridor shooter of the 90's but without the corridors or shooting.

The level of interaction was null,compare to Infamous where you can create your own incredible explosions and the game stays abode Ryse in frames while been open.

Once again hyping Ryse is a joke the PS4 would run it faster period there is no doubt about that,now The order i am sure it would run on xbox one probably on 720p with some effects hold back.

No the problem is that you are to dumb to actually know the difference between 16.9 and 2.40.1 without blackbars 2.40.1 requires higher resolution than 1080p so without blackbars the game would have not been 1080p either.

1080p movies are presented with black bars on that screen ratio and they are 1080p because the image you are getting with black bars included is 1080p and there is no blowing of pixels.

So Ryse introduced blur and object from pixel blowing something The Order will not introduce because it has no scaling is not blowing up pixels,and Ryse still has lower resolution than The order while lacking MSAAx4 which the order has.

Since day 1 the order was say to be 1920x800p as a choice,Ryse was downgraded because the xbox one could not handle it...hahahaha

Look at the hand armor on the xbox one even vs low setting on PC it look worse that is because the PC version is 1080p the xbox one 900p blown to 1080p so the image get blur,it would be fun seeing the 7770 running Ryse at 1080p 30FPS in low and beat the xbox one silly....

faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 faizan_faizan

@tormentos said:

and Ryse still has lower resolution than The order while lacking MSAAx4 which the order has.

I would argue that the SMAA 1Tx used in Ryse is leagues above 4x MSAA. I'm expecting RAD to come up with another AA solution that is working in conjunction with 4x MSAA, otherwise the game will be horribly aliased. But, yes. The Order will certainly look more sharper than Ryse.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

@scottpsfan14 said:
@zeeshanhaider said:

So, are the cutscenes still pre-rendered or realtime? The real deal.

Pre-rendered. 26GB game. Full of pre rendered FMV's :(

Hmmmmmmmmmmm......means Crysis 3 retains its crown.

Crypt_mx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#40  Edited By Crypt_mx
Member since 2007 • 4739 Posts
@tormentos said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

No learn to read not all light sources cast a shadows others do.

It is upscale to 1080p and runs poorly performance wise,while been completely enclosed something reviews slam the game for,it felt basically like a corridor shooter of the 90's but without the corridors or shooting.

The level of interaction was null,compare to Infamous where you can create your own incredible explosions and the game stays abode Ryse in frames while been open.

Once again hyping Ryse is a joke the PS4 would run it faster period there is no doubt about that,now The order i am sure it would run on xbox one probably on 720p with some effects hold back.

No the problem is that you are to dumb to actually know the difference between 16.9 and 2.40.1 without blackbars 2.40.1 requires higher resolution than 1080p so without blackbars the game would have not been 1080p either.

1080p movies are presented with black bars on that screen ratio and they are 1080p because the image you are getting with black bars included is 1080p and there is no blowing of pixels.

So Ryse introduced blur and object from pixel blowing something The Order will not introduce because it has no scaling is not blowing up pixels,and Ryse still has lower resolution than The order while lacking MSAAx4 which the order has.

Since day 1 the order was say to be 1920x800p as a choice,Ryse was downgraded because the xbox one could not handle it...hahahaha

Look at the hand armor on the xbox one even vs low setting on PC it look worse that is because the PC version is 1080p the xbox one 900p blown to 1080p so the image get blur,it would be fun seeing the 7770 running Ryse at 1080p 30FPS in low and beat the xbox one silly....

It's funny how that works right, if an X1 dev said they chose 1920x800p as an "artistic choice", you still would say it's just because it's not powerful enough. You do know they had builds running at 1080p for Ryse right? They chose the settings/resolution that they thought was best for the job. Regardless of what you or anyone else said, The Order chose better performance at a lower resolution(if they removed the black bars and played at a full 1080p resolution the framerate would drop). They are no better because they announced it as an artistic choice, at least X1 devs don't need to lie to us to make us feel like its ok. Both Ryse and Sunset Overdrive are 900p, out of choice. Not because the X1 isn't powerful enough, but because 900p and more AI, more particles and better textures beats out 1080p with no significant advantages.

Maybe if they "downgraded" Infamous to 900p the city wouldn't be so empty and lifeless...idk it's just one mans opinion. Gameplay>Resolution and FPS combined.

Also you're comparing a launch game to a game coming out over a year later, I should expect that The Order looks better than Ryse. Regardless of what you say Ryse was the best looking launch game (KZ looked pretty as well). I would wait until The Order is released before you start praising, Sony has a knack for downgrading games from their reveals (look back to The Last of Us reveal)

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

"Crytek says that the press build is not representative of the final build performance-wise"

"it is clear that things may change between the version we looked at and the final shipping build."

faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 faizan_faizan

@scottpsfan14 said:
@faizan_faizan said:

@tormentos said:

and Ryse still has lower resolution than The order while lacking MSAAx4 which the order has.

I would argue that the SMAA 1Tx used in Ryse is leagues above 4x MSAA. I'm expecting RAD to come up with another AA solution that is working in conjunction with 4x MSAA, otherwise the game will be horribly aliased. But, yes. The Order will certainly look more sharper than Ryse.

Nope. 4x MSAA > SMAA. Infamous SS uses SMAA 2Tx and it does look good, but it's post processed while MSAA is actual antialiasing which is processed before the pixels are drawn to screen.

Its process is irrelevant when the end result is poor. There are comparisons out there that show how significantly better temporal SMAA is than MSAA.

Here is why SMAA is better than MSAA:

• Shader/specular anti-aliasing
  • smoothening of alpha textures
  • More samples

I'm sure there's more to it, I can't list them all. Regarding the difference between SMAA 2Tx and 1Tx, I don't know a lot. But I do know that all ghosting issues were fixed with 1Tx. So, technically, 1Tx is better than 2Tx.

SMAA is amazing, really. I'd say that this is the main reason behind Infamous' clean as crystal image quality.

reggy72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 reggy72
Member since 2008 • 145 Posts

Tormented.....so much hate, just plain sad. Look I get it you don't like Microsoft, that's fine but the industry is a better place with them, imagine the Xbox brand didn't exist and was dominated by Sony, this industry wouldn't be half as good as it is now. Competition is a good thing, but judging by your bias your not really a gamer in the truest sense as a gamer plays games, not pixel counts. I still play regularly on a Dreamcast, why? not because of resolutions and frame rates, but because it plays host to some fantastic gaming experiences not found anywhere else. I enjoy the Xbox One and think its a great machine along with the Gamecube, Dreamcast Snes, Megadrive and Pc Engine and the Ps 1,2,3 and 4 all offer something to garner my interest and have all between them played host to some of the best software that has shaped this industry and past time to what it is today.

Your type be that pro Sony/Microsoft represent what's all wrong with this past time that I've been actively involved with as a gamer since the very late 1970's, and your poisonous rhetoric is what will destroy its continuation over time, your type I find embarrassing to be associated with regards to video game entertainment.

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By jhonMalcovich
Member since 2010 • 7090 Posts

Gtx 980 can't play it at 1080p/60, which I doubt a lot, meanwhile cows can NOT play it at all. So whose dreams are crushed, those of hermits who have thousands of games to play, or cows that have no games to play. LMAO.

Cows are grasping at straws.

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

You guys will complain about anything. I'm surprised anyone here even plays any video games period.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12061 Posts

X1 showing its a beast in the hands of competent developers.

Still don't understand why Hermits are begging for bad console games.

Tighaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Tighaman
Member since 2006 • 1038 Posts

@parkurtommo: its already working on the xbox one the cut scene uses SSAA