DF exposed!!!

• 81 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Tighaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Tighaman
Member since 2006 • 1038 Posts

We have been using Digital Foundry this whole gen and they have been the deciding word on how the games have been from textures, lighting, scale and smoothness. It also part of the scale tipping of the ps4 vs xbox one debate, showing the ps4 in the performance leader when in comes to the areas I mentioned above.

But they have been a LYING this whole gen why? Things are finally coming out where it shows xbox 1 running the games better, more particles, and better af th.an the ps4 counterparts. I'm not saying ALL of the xbox one vs ps4 games are better on the xbox one but more than they are giving the xbox one credit for, and its 2 ways this can go.

Here at Digital Foundry, we have conflicting memories of our initial Xbox One playthrough of Ryse. With a deluge of next-gen games to look at, we never did complete the campaign, nor sample the multiplayer. But there was the sense that the gameplay was a real grind, and we only really persisted - as much as time allowed - in order to sample what was clearly an exciting leap forward in rendering technology, combined with stunning art direction and some spectacular set-pieces. Returning to the Xbox One game this week, it's clear that Ryse is rich with breathtaking spectacle, with the third campaign level's beachhead assault standing out in particular. 10 months on, many of its technological achievements have still yet to be matched.

1. They play they ps4 games but just really look at the xbox one games and write their findings.

2. xbox one never had a chance in the first place.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

That's not what it says at all

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

Who cares, it was a shit game.

Gs eating my posts? What the ****.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 lostrib

And you're criticizing DF for their analysis of Ryse? Didn't they name it like the best looking game ever ?

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

This thread is a dark place.

Daious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Daious
Member since 2013 • 2315 Posts
@lostrib said:

Yeah, I am confused.

TC not only makes a huge assumption, he also makes a even bigger assumption that their ryse playthru applies to all Xboxone games. Its ridiculous.

"1. They play they ps4 games but just really look at the xbox one games and write their findings." statement is cringe-worthy.

PS4 has a better GPU but a similar CPU to the xboxone. Of course, the PS4 version of multiplatform games are going to look better. This is the most boring generation yet because their hardware are so comparable.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

Tc's usually got his head up his ass so he's used to it.

slaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 slaves
Member since 2004 • 1443 Posts

I don't see anything that says the Xone version of any game is better than the PS4

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 lostrib

@Shewgenja: that's because of the crushed blacks on X1

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50536 Posts

@Tighaman said:

We have been using Digital Foundry this whole gen and they have been the deciding word on how the games have been from textures, lighting, scale and smoothness. It also part of the scale tipping of the ps4 vs xbox one debate, showing the ps4 in the performance leader when in comes to the areas I mentioned above.

But they have been a LYING this whole gen why? Things are finally coming out where it shows xbox 1 running the games better, more particles, and better af th.an the ps4 counterparts. I'm not saying ALL of the xbox one vs ps4 games are better on the xbox one but more than they are giving the xbox one credit for, and its 2 ways this can go.

Here at Digital Foundry, we have conflicting memories of our initial Xbox One playthrough of Ryse. With a deluge of next-gen games to look at, we never did complete the campaign, nor sample the multiplayer. But there was the sense that the gameplay was a real grind, and we only really persisted - as much as time allowed - in order to sample what was clearly an exciting leap forward in rendering technology, combined with stunning art direction and some spectacular set-pieces. Returning to the Xbox One game this week, it's clear that Ryse is rich with breathtaking spectacle, with the third campaign level's beachhead assault standing out in particular. 10 months on, many of its technological achievements have still yet to be matched.

1. They play they ps4 games but just really look at the xbox one games and write their findings.

You have a serious reading comprehension problem.

SwagSurf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SwagSurf
Member since 2009 • 3022 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@Shewgenja said:

Tc's usually got his head up his ass so he's used to it.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60695 Posts

@lostrib said:

/thread

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15 BldgIrsh
Member since 2014 • 3044 Posts

This isn't the government TC manipulating on what was said won't get people to believe you

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

I only liked them last gen....now they suck

Tighaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Tighaman

@lostrib: What the hell you talking about they did say that on the pc preview them are not my words thats DF words

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 lostrib

@Tighaman: the conclusions you come to are not upheld by what DF says

Tighaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Tighaman

@Chutebox: What didnt I comprehend? That they really never played ryse only a couple of levels? What about the rest of the games they reviewed since it was a very large catalog of games to look at? Was they too not looked at thoroughly? thats what I'm saying and we have plenty of games that show that.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

Isn't Ryse a corridor game.

I'm sure a good dev can make a still picture of the best quality. I still think it's unfair to say it's the best looking game when a game like Infamous is bigger and looks AT THE VERY LEAST.....just as good.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@Heil68 said:

@lostrib said:

/thread

mikhail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 mikhail
Member since 2003 • 2697 Posts

Since when does an outlet need to play 100% of a game in order to benchmark it? A few sections here and there are enough to get a sense of how a game performs. DF's article on Ryse was about the technical aspects of it, not a review. Get over it.

Tighaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Tighaman

@lostrib: no them conclusions are mines based off what is shown in their own examinations and what they said above my conclusions

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6946 Posts

Topic should read: TC's inability to reason exposed!!!!

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

@Tighaman said:

@Chutebox: What didnt I comprehend? That they really never played ryse only a couple of levels? What about the rest of the games they reviewed since it was a very large catalog of games to look at? Was they too not looked at thoroughly? thats what I'm saying and we have plenty of games that show that.

I don't think you understand what Digital Foundry is exactly. Digital Foundry is just a tech and performance analysis based part of Eurogamer. When you click on "reviews" it sends you to the Eurogamer site. Digital Foundry just counts pixels and frames. They don't actually have to play an entire game to do that. So them not playing through an entire game is no crime.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 lostrib

@Tighaman said:

@lostrib: no them conclusions are mines based off what is shown in their own examinations and what they said above my conclusions

And your conclusions are not supported by the evidence you have provided

Tighaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Tighaman

@GoldenElementXL: fam I know how they are and what they do and the analysis been off but its also been part of this propaganda if they would tell the real truth all of the time instead of wave riding it would be a different scene in gaming than just trying to reach 1080 p

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@SUD123456 said:

lems brain is a weird thing, they see thing they want to see, they are so desperate to "prove" DF is wrong just because they constantly prove how inferior xbone is to ps4. Their latest excuse is "bu bu bu teh gaming sites are biased TEH PARITY!!!!!!111111"

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#29 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

I feel exposed.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By lostrib

@YearoftheSnake5 said:

I feel exposed.

put your pants back on

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#31 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

@lostrib said:

@YearoftheSnake5 said:

I feel exposed.

put your pants back on

So THAT'S why people are staring at me in the office! And here I thought they finally caught on to my devilishly good looks...

Tighaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Tighaman

@Krelian-co: fam I got them both in my household I don't care I want games to evolved beyond resolutions and since this has been a hot topic many devs cutting things that can improve the smoothness of the game, more textures, more doors to open , more things to discover just to hit that resolution is stupid

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#33 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

i'm confused....

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 B4X
Member since 2014 • 5660 Posts

Fifa 15 Face off. Watch the video. PS4 version drops to 22 FPS. The lowest recorded drop in their faceoff. DF conclusion X1 suffers from dips in FPS in cut scenes the worse.

Just saying...

Aliens?

SambaLele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By SambaLele
Member since 2004 • 5552 Posts

@lostrib said:

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#36 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@Tighaman: I'm sure DF lied about a few things, or gotten things completely wrong in the past. Anything positive about the XB1 they tend to ignore or downplay it. This is a European site, so it doesn't really surprise me. This is one of the reasons why there are less XB1 reviews for multiplat games. Critics are only reviewing and scoring the PS4 version and completely ignoreing the XB1 version which is lame.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Seriously, this is a new low. Being a fanboy is one thing, but going so far as to act like some propaganda minister for the sake of your plastic box is more sad than a Twilight marathon.

Tighaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Tighaman

@Shewgenja: for you to be blind and turn away from the truth makes you a fanboy a bunch of robots. if your friend jumped off the bridge you would jump too ass people

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@blackace said:

@Tighaman: I'm sure DF lied about a few things, or gotten things completely wrong in the past. Anything positive about the XB1 they tend to ignore or downplay it. This is a European site, so it doesn't really surprise me. This is one of the reasons why there are less XB1 reviews for multiplat games. Critics are only reviewing and scoring the PS4 version and completely ignoreing the XB1 version which is lame.

For god sake it was DF who used a 7850 to represent the xbox one on a comparison they did which only intention was to help the xbox one weak image.

They compared several games including Tomb Raider and they comparison failed.

They got wrong things in favor of the xbox one as well..

Based on direct confirmation from Ghost Studios' rendering engineer, Andreas Brinck, the PS4 also gives us the more accurate horizon-based ambient occlusion (HBAO), as seen on the PC's maximum settings. By comparison, the Xbox One relies on an approximate measure with its screen-space approach to shading (SSAO), producing a prominent silhouette around each car's exterior, plus a persistent shade under spoilers during a race. For the final build, all of this does indeed remain the same - leaving the PS4 with a respectable, if not spectacular, advantage in the visual stakes.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-need-for-speed-rivals-next-gen-face-off

This article was edit,and that part there ^^ was added in the original one DF claimed the xbox one version had HBAO while the PS4 lack it,when it was the other way around,and this was done by the same moron who claimed thief was superior on xbox one..lol when it had lower resolution,had problems with shadows,lower frames and lacked parallax mapping.

Don't forget how DF was going article after article about the xbox one secret sauces,they did like 5 in a row vs 1 for the PS4,on one they even claim the games would be the benchmarks and that games would speak for them self which is why DF acted so surprise when they saw the huge gap ghost and BF4 had vs the xbox one.

@Tighaman said:

@Shewgenja: for you to be blind and turn away from the truth makes you a fanboy a bunch of robots. if your friend jumped off the bridge you would jump too ass people

Stop been a cry baby and admit the xbox one is weak sauce..hahaha

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50536 Posts

@Tighaman said:

They aren't reviewing the games dude.

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

@Tighaman: So you are saying Digital Foundry is anti Xbox One, while @tormentos claims they were trying to make the Xbox One look better than it actually is? I don't know who to believe.

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 3416 Posts

@blackace: Lmao, I doubt you complained about the PS3 versions mutiplats being ignored last gen. Get over it dude. Try hiding your biases better next time.

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

@blackace said:

hahahhahaha conspiracy theories. ps4 is just the lead console this gen just like x360 was last gen. there isnt a elaborate conspiracy against x1 and ms

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

It's funny I've heard both lems and cows dismiss the findings of df as biased. This lets me know they are doing a good job.

leandrro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

#45 leandrro
Member since 2007 • 1644 Posts

@Tighaman said:

1- they make tech analisys not game reviews

2- i dont have and i dont want a ps4, but i feel all the time that DF tries to protect Xbox One

3- HD7850 > HD7770 > Xbox One

leandrro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By leandrro

DF "ryse on X1 = PC highest settings"

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@Krelian-co said:

@SUD123456 said:

lems brain is a weird thing, they see thing they want to see, they are so desperate to "prove" DF is wrong just because they constantly prove how inferior xbone is to ps4. Their latest excuse is "bu bu bu teh gaming sites are biased TEH PARITY!!!!!!111111"

This is beyond a "Lems brain". This is some next level secret government experiential shit.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@leandrro said:

But will it run on your 300$ PC without an OS?

danjammer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By danjammer69
Member since 2004 • 4331 Posts

@Tighaman:

Stupidest damn thread in a long time.

Is this really the best you can come up with?

leandrro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By leandrro

@MonsieurX said:

@leandrro said:

But will it run on your 300$ PC without an OS?

haha, the console fanboy sole argument