Devil's Third or Splatoon - which is Wii U's premiere multiplayer?

• 68 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by SolidGame_basic (18696 posts) 8 months, 11 days ago

Poll: Devil's Third or Splatoon - which is Wii U's premiere multiplayer? (58 votes)

devil's third 19%
splatoon 60%
neither 19%

Everyone talks about Splatoon but what about Devil's Third? Surely the game can't be that bad if Itagaki is behind it. I'll put my money on that. Splatoon is 4v4 and looks like it could get boring quick (kind of like Titanfail). You, SW?

#51 Edited by mattykovax (22693 posts) -

The only thing that makes devils third look good is that its alone in its field for the console. If it was on either of the other two consoles everyone would be saying it looks like a third rate forgettable last gen bargain game (which it does if you own any console without a wii in the name) so splatoon pretty much wins by default.

#52 Edited by FireEmblem_Man (8908 posts) -

@ladyblue said:

DT... it's not up for debate.

For once, I may just agree with you for the first time, also I need to watch Breakfast at Tiffany's

#53 Posted by trugs26 (5748 posts) -

DT looks like crap. Splatoon looked average too.

#54 Posted by handssss (1837 posts) -

@PurpleMan5000 said:

I'm more excited about Devil's Third. Nintendo is going to give Itagaki the time and resources to polish that game until it runs silky smooth, and it is going to be great.

it looks like an original xbox game, so I'd sure as shit hope they can get it to run silky smooth. The wii u is supposed to be more powerful than a last gen system, isn't it?

#55 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3714 posts) -

@handssss said:

@PurpleMan5000 said:

I'm more excited about Devil's Third. Nintendo is going to give Itagaki the time and resources to polish that game until it runs silky smooth, and it is going to be great.

it looks like an original xbox game, so I'd sure as shit hope they can get it to run silky smooth. The wii u is supposed to be more powerful than a last gen system, isn't it?

An original Xbox game? That's quite the exaggeration.

#56 Posted by FireEmblem_Man (8908 posts) -

@trugs26 said:

DT looks like crap. Splatoon looked average too.

If I remember, Devil's Third used to run on a modified Darksiders II engine, and now they have switched to Unreal Engine 3. That could be the reason why it doesn't look appealing at all.

#57 Posted by LadyBlue (3929 posts) -

@FireEmblem_Man said:

@ladyblue said:

For once, I may just agree with you for the first time, also I need to watch Breakfast at Tiffany's

You should agree with me more often. It'll make you feel better.

What's taking you so long? Such an amazing film.

#58 Posted by santoron (7836 posts) -

Both look bad. Smash over those two easily.

#59 Posted by ConanTheStoner (6298 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

Of those two, it'll be Splatoon. Although Super Smash Bros. and Mario Kart will give both a run for their money.

If by that you mean run all over both of them and steal their money, then yes I agree.

#60 Posted by superbuuman (3065 posts) -

I pick Splatoon but will get both..so don't really care. :P

#61 Posted by ActicEdge (24492 posts) -

Monster Hunter Tri Ultimate

#62 Posted by FireEmblem_Man (8908 posts) -

@ladyblue said:

@FireEmblem_Man said:

@ladyblue said:

You should agree with me more often. It'll make you feel better.

What's taking you so long? Such an amazing film.

LOL No, not until Nintendo takes away the Zelda franchise from Aonuma and give it to someone reliable and Sakamoto gets a restraining order from the Judge to stay away from the Metroid franchise 500fts away :P

I have a lot of movies to watch, and also a marathon of Game of Thrones I have to kill. That's whats holding me back from watching the movie

#63 Posted by 93BlackHawk93 (5913 posts) -

Out of those? Definitely Splatoon.

#64 Posted by GamingTitan (591 posts) -

C'mon seriously?? Devil's third? More like Devil's turd.

Splatoon for sure.

#65 Posted by Shottayouth13- (6839 posts) -

Seems like I'm the only one that thinks that Splatoon will bomb hard when it releases.

#66 Posted by VendettaRed07 (14012 posts) -

Splatoon.

Its the most Sega game nintendo has ever made

#67 Edited by isimitaiwo (6 posts) -

@princessgomez92: i think both games are fun, they have their style and objective for the genre and too me both are refreshing compare to all this over serious multiplayer shooters. what i like about devils third is that it seems generic but its not and splatoon is just different and fun.picking both up

#68 Posted by OhSnapitz (18503 posts) -

Splattoon!

Devils third looks fun... if you're getting sh!ted on by 3rd parties.. oh wait.