Devil's Third or Splatoon - which is Wii U's premiere multiplayer?

• 68 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by SolidGame_basic (17884 posts) 5 months, 27 days ago

Poll: Devil's Third or Splatoon - which is Wii U's premiere multiplayer? (58 votes)

devil's third 19%
splatoon 60%
neither 19%

Everyone talks about Splatoon but what about Devil's Third? Surely the game can't be that bad if Itagaki is behind it. I'll put my money on that. Splatoon is 4v4 and looks like it could get boring quick (kind of like Titanfail). You, SW?

#1 Posted by freedomfreak (40868 posts) -

Splatoon looked fun from what they've shown.

Devil's Third looks downright bad.

#2 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3606 posts) -

Splatoon looks downright bad, while Devil's Third doesn't.

#3 Posted by SolidGame_basic (17884 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:

Splatoon looked fun from what they've shown.

Devil's Third looks downright bad.

Oh come on now, this looks fun!

#4 Posted by dobzilian (2490 posts) -

Reminds me of Socom a wee bit.

#5 Posted by freedomfreak (40868 posts) -
@SolidGame_basic said:

Oh come on now, this looks fun!

Okay. That doesn't look as bad as the footage I saw, but I still find Splatoon to be a much more interesting looking title.

#6 Edited by 2Chalupas (5151 posts) -

Wait, Devil's Third has multiplayer? LOLOLOLOL. What the hell.

The video actually makes it look like it would have been fun, if it was a last gen PS3/360 game and actually ran properly with a decent population of players. I mean it looks kinda like a crazy version of last gen SOCOM with Ninjas. However I have NO DOUBT, that Devil's Third on the Wii-U will be a broken unplayable mess, and it will be all empty lobbies anyway. Why are they even bothering?

I think Splatoon might have a chance though.

#7 Posted by coasterguy65 (6006 posts) -

I guess they both look fun. Personally I think Splatoon will be more fun.

#8 Posted by Bread_or_Decide (17751 posts) -

Does Devil's Third have a single player?

#9 Edited by freedomfreak (40868 posts) -
@Bread_or_Decide said:

Does Devil's Third have a single player?

Yes.

#10 Posted by charizard1605 (58073 posts) -

Of those two, it'll be Splatoon. Although Super Smash Bros. and Mario Kart will give both a run for their money.

#11 Posted by dotWithShoes (4857 posts) -

@2Chalupas said:

Wait, Devil's Third has multiplayer? LOLOLOLOL. What the hell.

The video actually makes it look like it would have been fun, if it was a last gen PS3/360 game and actually ran properly with a decent population of players. I mean it looks kinda like a crazy version of last gen SOCOM with Ninjas. However I have NO DOUBT, that Devil's Third on the Wii-U will be a broken unplayable mess, and it will be all empty lobbies anyway. Why are they even bothering?

I think Splatoon might have a chance though.

Out of curiosity, why do you think it will be broken?

#12 Posted by Heil68 (45080 posts) -

Splatoon will be dead within 6 months.

#13 Posted by freedomfreak (40868 posts) -
@princessgomez92 said:

:jak:

#14 Posted by bulby_g (1130 posts) -

The poll would be more accurate if it listed MK8 and Smash TBH.

Devil's Third does look OK but Splatoon looks most interesting as it's doing something quite different. This always ticks a big box for me.

#15 Posted by Maroxad (8320 posts) -

TC has provided us with 2 choices.

• One of them looks like a banal shooter with iron sights and other crap I hate that also somehow ended up on the wrong console.
  • The other one is splatoon.
#16 Posted by nethernova (4106 posts) -

Both look like F2P shovelware.

#17 Posted by lamprey263 (24123 posts) -

Hard to say, both games look to have fun multiplayers, not sure what or if any content will be there for Splatoon's SP, Devil's Third SP looks meh, but at least there's something there.

#18 Posted by Telekill (4684 posts) -

Premiere multiplayer will be the same for Nintendo as it has the last three generations; Smash Bros and Mario Kart.

#19 Edited by PurpleMan5000 (7310 posts) -

I'm more excited about Devil's Third. Nintendo is going to give Itagaki the time and resources to polish that game until it runs silky smooth, and it is going to be great.

#20 Posted by SolidGame_basic (17884 posts) -

@Maroxad said:

TC has provided us with 2 choices.

• One of them looks like a banal shooter with iron sights and other crap I hate that also somehow ended up on the wrong console.
  • The other one is splatoon.

I gave you a third choice lol.

#21 Edited by Gue1 (10179 posts) -

poor itagaki. his game's gonna suffer because he didn't make it look like a saturday morning cartoon for 12 years old. This is why nintendo's consoles are going nowhere.

But it's his fault too for putting the game on a console that none of his fans care about. You can tell by all the butthurt on twitter and on his facebook. Nearly everyone said they are not buying a Wii U for Devil's Third.

#22 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3606 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:
@princessgomez92 said:

Stop lying then. Both look amazing.

#23 Posted by freedomfreak (40868 posts) -

@princessgomez92: Mehvil's Turd.

#24 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (7310 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

poor itagaki. his game's gonna suffer because he didn't make it look like a saturday morning cartoon for 12 years old. This is why nintendo's consoles are going nowhere.

But it's his fault too for putting the game on a console that none of his fans care about. You can tell by all the butthurt on twitter and on his facebook. Nearly everyone said they are not buying a Wii U for Devil's Third.

Yes, poor Itagaki. His game was in development hell because none of the major publishers thought it would sell well enough to fund it, and big, bad Nintendo decided to pay for his game. Now he will only sell about 500,000 copies instead of the 700,000 he would have sold if some good company would have funded him.

#25 Posted by SolidGame_basic (17884 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

this game's gonna rock!

#26 Edited by foxhound_fox (88648 posts) -

Splatoon is a fantastic concept. Their execution is going to have to be equally as good for it to go anywhere.

#27 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3606 posts) -

@freedomfreak:

Mehfreak.

#28 Posted by freedomfreak (40868 posts) -

@princessgomez92: divinegodsuplexgoatfreak

#29 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3606 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:

@princessgomez92: divinegodsuplexgoatfreak

Yeah, no.

#30 Edited by speedfreak48t5p (8099 posts) -

LOL

#31 Edited by farrell2k (6323 posts) -

Splatoon looks fun, and Devl's third looks good as well, but of the two Splatoon looks like less of a mindless shooter that we see everywhere on other consoles.

#32 Posted by bbkkristian (14955 posts) -

If devils third didn't go first person when you aim down the sight, I would be more interested, because as it stands right now it's clunky as hell.

But Splatoon has already impressed me with its mechanics and gameplay.

#33 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38216 posts) -

Splatoon is gonna be a pretty big deal when it comes out. They seem to have an incredible formula in place and the fact that the game has gotten thousands of fanart drawings already shows people are interested

#34 Edited by Pikminmaniac (9035 posts) -

Ummm... Obviously Super Smash Bros. right?

#35 Edited by m_machine024 (15016 posts) -

Splatoon could be a hit. I like how the goal is not to kill lol. I'll check it out for sure. But a 40$ retail price would be nice.

Devil's third multiplayer looks better than the single player but it's still looking rough. I like the hand to hand and sword combat tho.

#36 Posted by finalfantasy94 (26565 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

I think its more cause devil third looks pretty dam bad.

#37 Posted by HadOne2Many (1279 posts) -

@bulby_g said:

The poll would be more accurate if it listed MK8 and Smash TBH.

This

#38 Edited by Shinobishyguy (22483 posts) -

The wii u just got its premier multiplayer game last month

#39 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (25509 posts) -

Devil's Third has Multiplayer?

In anycase I see more interest in Splatoon than Devil's Third.

#40 Posted by 2Chalupas (5151 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

Splatoon will be dead within 6 months.

Devil's Third will be dead at launch.

Splatoon wins.

#41 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (13583 posts) -

The Devil's Turd has multiplayer ?

:o

#42 Posted by SolidGame_basic (17884 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu said:

The Devil's Turd has multiplayer ?

:o

you guys really didn't know? it was pretty much advertised since the beginning

#43 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (13583 posts) -

@SolidGame_basic

They had me at developed by Itagaki....... As if I need to know anything beyond that.... I knew I wanted it.... Whatever "it" was.

#44 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3606 posts) -

How the hell could people not know Devil's Third has online multiplayer?

#45 Posted by glez13 (8874 posts) -

Devil's Third looked like it still needed a lot of work.

#46 Edited by TilxWLOC (1033 posts) -

Splatoon.

Boy, there is a lot of Devils Third hate going on. Sure, the game looks rough, but it still has a lot going for it. Personally, I'm not interested in the multi-player, but the single player looks pretty fun even though it looks really unpolished from what we've seen.

There really is no wonder as to why Nintendo can't get 3rd parties it's because they keep overshadowing all of the 3rd parties they manage to get. 3rd parties can't seem to make money on Nintendo systems.

#47 Edited by Sphensen (768 posts) -

Devil's Third multiplayer looks bad ass

#48 Posted by SolidGame_basic (17884 posts) -

@Sphensen said:

Devil's Third multiplayer looks bad ass

thank you

#49 Edited by Gue1 (10179 posts) -

nintendo fanboys talk a lot of shit about graphics but I bet most of them don't care about Devil's Third because of how it looks. Isn't that ironic?

When it comes to challenging and unique gameplay I think Itagaki proved himself a long time ago when he saved Tecmo from bankruptcy with Ninja Gaiden on Xbox. And yeah, he made that super fun Snes game Super Tecmo Bowl too. Then again he made one of the best 3D fighting games in the form of Dead or Alive. A series that surpassed both Tekken and Virtua Fighter when they were at its prime.

Itagaki is boss.

#50 Posted by LadyBlue (3929 posts) -

DT... it's not up for debate.