Devil May Cry fans destroy brand out of spite

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#101 Zeviander
Member since 2011 • 9503 Posts
DMC4 was a legitamently good game.OneSanitarium
Only for those who could grasp the Exceed and Style-swap systems.
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

Foolishness Capcom.....foolishness.

Stringerboy

It wasn't Capcom.

jwsoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#103 jwsoul
Member since 2005 • 5467 Posts

The monkeys at Capcom are blaming the fans for killing the franchise and that we brought this by ourself. And not only that... They say the fans revolted only because they dared to change Dante's hair color.   :lol:

BTW, the game hasn't even sold a third of what DMC4 sold by the same time-frame and with a much lower fanbase. :lol:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2013/02/05/are-fans-to-blame-for-lower-than-expected-dmc-sales/

Gue1
Idiots. I called them out for being stubborn and childish a while ago is these forums. They blame the FANS? Thats there Target Audience how about they listen to the wishes and may i add REASONABLE wishes of the said fanbase. All they wanted was Dante or a character like him! I dont care much for the franchise but i do understand the fans and why they are so angry. these people had plenty PLENTY of pre warning to change this character. Instead of listening they acted like children and stubbornly continued. Good game or not they deserved this. You have an audience here's a tip keep them happy! dont antagonize them either with smart arse pokes like the wig that lands on his head at some point. Also they push the sex symbol angle on this character but all the girls were drooling over the WHITE HAIRED Dante not this new guy. Really they missed a trick. they are worse than the fans but its sad to see a franchise destroyed by 2 groups who just could not come to a compromise.
DanteSuikoden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#104 DanteSuikoden
Member since 2008 • 3427 Posts

Capcom will get them back when the "fans" start b****ing about there not being another DMC

DrTrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 DrTrafalgarLaw
Member since 2011 • 4487 Posts
[QUOTE="OneSanitarium"]DMC4 was a legitamently good game.Zeviander

Pressing one of the D-buttons is now "grasping" a system? Urgh casuals...
OneSanitarium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#106 OneSanitarium
Member since 2009 • 6959 Posts

[QUOTE="OneSanitarium"]DMC4 was a legitamently good game.Zeviander

Nero was easy to play. You had a grab that produced enjoyable and different animations on all the characters, as well as a really strong gun. You don't need to have extreme button management to do well with Nero. The Ex-Act was easy to use (the 1 bar isntant charge, not the Max-Act, which are something like 15 and 3 frames respectively to do in a 60 fps environment)

Dante had a lot of strong things to do, players don't need to do a ton of things within Dantes very overwhelming move set (of around 120 different moves at one time). Distorted Real Impact was good against bosses, DT Stinger clears enemies fast, and learning to do a simple jump cancel alone makes a lot of things very easy to utilize with Shotun JC on fausts and mephistos, JC aerial rave on basic enemies, JC lucifers j.Triangle on some bosses.

You don't need to get the most out of the combat system to enjoy it, but being able to do so I would agree makes it easier to look past the flaws of HALFGAME EVERBOSS3TIMES DANTEFOR8MISSIONSANDDOESNTEVENGETOFIGHTTHETWOBESTBOSSES.

L0mak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 L0mak
Member since 2012 • 179 Posts
[QUOTE="Zeviander"][QUOTE="OneSanitarium"]DMC4 was a legitamently good game.DrTrafalgarLaw

New DMC Devil May Cry DMC " Press X to Dante"
OneSanitarium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 OneSanitarium

[QUOTE="Zeviander"][QUOTE="OneSanitarium"]DMC4 was a legitamently good game.DrTrafalgarLaw

It's cute what you're trying to do, but could you maybe chill out even a little?

Kell_the_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 Kell_the_Gamer
Member since 2012 • 885 Posts

what i find so funny is people are always going if you dont like it then dont buy your just the vocal minority and then when nobody bought it everyone starts crying fanboy also heres a qoute that fits that explains this games situation with the fans. The Anti-DmC argument is something like : DmC has downgraded difficulty from the past games, it has less variety in weapons as the previous entries (especially DMC3), has less moves at one time that DMC4 has with some moves doing essentially the same thing, and overall shoddy mechanics (JC window and hitboxes, dodge stuffs, etc). Not to mention some questionable things in the story like Dante changing his entire goal to get laid, and the brothers randomly hating each other because of what seems to be an overstatement, though pretty crudely stated with the humans needing to be protected. Wasn't exactly wrong.

The Pro-DmC argument will then say: Why the **** are you complaining about the hair though? It's the same guy just a little different in ONE department. ****ing fanboy.

Nickmanx5
And not just 1, but 2 admitted to liking it more for it being easier. Another one admtited he didn't like the first one because he 'gave up' (meaning he ragedquit)), and several others are the same spinning as "only %5 of the few people were that good anyway so who cares?" The old games were targeted to people who loved challenges, people who can play a game forever and just enjoy honing their skills (true progression in other words , unlike RPGs where you kind to make imagery numbers go up). This game is target towards people who call you a homosexual for dominating them in an online game, and says a game sucks if they're not good at it. This generation, especially these mainstream game websites, are now infested with these low-life ganster wannbe f*cknuts
rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts
[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

Sucks for all the whiners who neglect to play a great hack and slash game over a cosmetic change. I have played and loved every DMC game (except the non existant DMC2) including this one.

FlamesOfGrey
Except most of the recent complaints aren't about Dante's new **** look. Gamers are mad at the dumbed down combo system, lower FPS and other gameplay elements that are inferior to the previous entries in the series.

Strawmaning is all they can do. "I think teh game is sooo good, but some hate it, must be because of the hair :cry:, they must be stupid", lol get the fvck out.
Valiant_Rebel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Valiant_Rebel
Member since 2009 • 4197 Posts

It's a decent game. It's good, but no where as good as 3 and 4. I don't say that based off the story or characters (that's a different discussion), but rather the combat since that is the most important thing for these kind of games. I miss lock-on, Trickster, and Royalguard the most. I also didn't like having to "double tap" forward to do certain moves such as Stinger. but that's just me. Aquilia should have had more combos to do since that weapon is cool. The camera needed more work since there are a few enemies that are made for lock-on.

The game doesn't deserve the "super extreme" hate it is receiving since a lot of the reasons are minor (such as appearance [first impressions hurt]), but concerns regarding combat are generally valid since whether you like the combat better or not, there has been a serious cut back in mechanics. It doesn't flow as smoothly as it used to, if that makes sense.

I could go into extreme detail about all the good and bad this game does, but I'm sure no one on here cares enough to discuss design.

Also, to repeat again, Capcom didn't say this. A writer for MCV did.

Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Douevenlift_bro
Member since 2013 • 6804 Posts

[QUOTE="Douevenlift_bro"]

You still don't make sense.. So because not every player is an expert then you butcher the combat system for a much simpler less rewarding one? Most DMC players are good enough to know the difference between a good combat system and trash in comparison.

GD1551

I already stated that they didn't have to dumb it down, my main point is that they loudest complainers aren't affected it by it since most of them can't do anything near to what they link videos of.

Any DMC real fan is affected by it. DMC gameplay is accessible and deep.. DmC on the other hand is comparatively shallow. What don't you get? lol

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

DMC " Press X to F*CK YOU!"L0mak

Edited for accuracy.

Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Douevenlift_bro

This thread taught me that people are stupid and have no idea why DMC fans dislike DmC and end up assuming the dislike is entirely because of aesthetics.

Well, didn't really tech me it, i already knew that. More so it just reafirmed my thoughts on it.

OneSanitarium

Its only morons who think people are turned off by DmC because of the hair lol

Lotus-Edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Lotus-Edge
Member since 2008 • 50513 Posts

The sad thing is that the sales have NOTHING to do with the quality of the game, but instead one pathetic fanbase's unwillingness to accept change.

If you're willing to accept the existence of Devil May Cry 2, and accept the laziness behind DMC4, then this new game shouldn't be an issue.

drinkerofjuice
Pug-Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Pug-Nasty
Member since 2009 • 8508 Posts

Fans are fans because they like something the way it is.  If you change it, you can't expect the people who were fans to remain fans, and you can only hope your changed product produces its own fans.

Capcom are dumb.

Kell_the_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Kell_the_Gamer

[QUOTE="OneSanitarium"]

This thread taught me that people are stupid and have no idea why DMC fans dislike DmC and end up assuming the dislike is entirely because of aesthetics.

Well, didn't really tech me it, i already knew that. More so it just reafirmed my thoughts on it.

Douevenlift_bro

Its only morons who think people are turned off by DmC because of the hair lol

I think they know and have knew for a long time now, but say that just to troll.
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 Douevenlift_bro

To be honest I thought the inclusion of Nero in DMC4 made the gameplay accessible as can be. Apparently still too tough for some... lol

Kell_the_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 Kell_the_Gamer

Fans are fans because they like something the way it is.  If you change it, you can't expect the people who were fans to remain fans, and you can only hope your changed product produces its own fans.

Capcom are dumb.

Pug-Nasty
%90 of the problem would have been fixes if (A)It was under a new IP and (B) NT didn't openly mock fans.
Timstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#120 Timstuff
Member since 2002 • 26840 Posts

And now watch as Capcom tosses the franchise into the rubbish bin alongside Megaman.

The fans did act stupidly IMO, but on the same token, Capcom should have run a tighter ship with NT instead of letting them throw things into the game that directly mock the people playing. I blame both parties for the mess the franchise is currently facing.

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
Is ninja theory forever cursed on making commercial flops?
Crazyguy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#122 Crazyguy105
Member since 2009 • 9513 Posts

[QUOTE="Douevenlift_bro"]

See this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e23c_HDPo7Y

THAT is Devil May Cry. Bring that back or rot in obscurity.

seanmcloughlin

All I ever see is super good players complaining about the new combos or combat. Honestly when I played Devil May Cry in the past I always stuck to the basic combos because it was daunting to get really good at it. 

It's just me but the new system, while very dumbed down, fits an audience like myself who don't have the time or desire to be really really good at it. I just want to sit down and play and not have to think much. 

I understand the hate for the combat but it's not that bad. You want good combat then play DMC 3 or 4. They're still there

So to you, it is perfectly okay to dumb down a franchise's once deep combat system to something so mind-numbingly simple compared to what it used to be?

Just because you don't have time to get good at video games, doesn't mean those that do should have to pay the price.

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts
[QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"][QUOTE="BPoole96"]

Sucks for all the whiners who neglect to play a great hack and slash game over a cosmetic change. I have played and loved every DMC game (except the non existant DMC2) including this one.

rjdofu
Except most of the recent complaints aren't about Dante's new **** look. Gamers are mad at the dumbed down combo system, lower FPS and other gameplay elements that are inferior to the previous entries in the series.

Strawmaning is all they can do. "I think teh game is sooo good, but some hate it, must be because of the hair :cry:, they must be stupid", lol get the fvck out.

I played every DMC game and completed them on DMD and have played through this one on Devil Hunter and am halfway through SoS. It really isn't bad. Instead of people actually playing it, they listen to the handful of people who can do crazy ass combos that take thousands of hours to master that are upset that there are no styIes or lock on. People that complain can't even play in the level that is displayed in those combo gameplays so it shouldn't even matter to them. I found the combat deep enough to find enjoyable and the difficulties are definitely difficult enough to not write off as "dumbed down".
fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 fend_oblivion
Member since 2006 • 6760 Posts
DmC was a good game despite what naysayers say. To those complaining about how easy the game is : try finishing Hell and Hell. And if anyone is passing on DmC because of Dante's hair then you should know that [spoiler] Dante's hair turns white permanently at the end of the game [/spoiler]
fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 fend_oblivion
Member since 2006 • 6760 Posts
[QUOTE="drinkerofjuice"]

The sad thing is that the sales have NOTHING to do with the quality of the game, but instead one pathetic fanbase's unwillingness to accept change.

If you're willing to accept the existence of Devil May Cry 2, and accept the laziness behind DMC4, then this new game shouldn't be an issue.

Lotus-Edge

THIS X100.
AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

As many have already stated , Capcom said none of that. 

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

DmC was a good game despite what naysayers say. To those complaining about how easy the game is : try finishing Hell and Hell. And if anyone is passing on DmC because of Dante's hair then you should know that [spoiler] Dante's hair turns white permanently at the end of the game [/spoiler] fend_oblivion

juding a games difficulty by the highest unlockable setting, that makes total sense.

OneSanitarium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 OneSanitarium

[QUOTE="fend_oblivion"]DmC was a good game despite what naysayers say. To those complaining about how easy the game is : try finishing Hell and Hell. And if anyone is passing on DmC because of Dante's hair then you should know that [spoiler] Dante's hair turns white permanently at the end of the game [/spoiler] ReadingRainbow4

juding a games difficulty by the highest unlockable setting, that makes total sense.

I can't say the same for DmC, but DMC games are meant to be played at DMD. Hell and Hell not so much, but counting DMD isn't odd.

Of course that isn't whats going on here.

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

[QUOTE="fend_oblivion"]DmC was a good game despite what naysayers say. To those complaining about how easy the game is : try finishing Hell and Hell. And if anyone is passing on DmC because of Dante's hair then you should know that [spoiler] Dante's hair turns white permanently at the end of the game [/spoiler] ReadingRainbow4

thats what everyone is doing with previous DMC games. I've seen the argument "The only people who will enjoy then ew DMC is the people who can't S rank every mission on DMC 3/4) used on this board more than once.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 ReadingRainbow4

[QUOTE="ReadingRainbow4"]

[QUOTE="fend_oblivion"]DmC was a good game despite what naysayers say. To those complaining about how easy the game is : try finishing Hell and Hell. And if anyone is passing on DmC because of Dante's hair then you should know that [spoiler] Dante's hair turns white permanently at the end of the game [/spoiler] OneSanitarium

I can't say the same for DmC, but DMC games are meant to be played at DMD. Hell and Hell not so much, but counting DMD isn't odd.

Of course that isn't whats going on here.

honstly if someone found the initial runthrough on the hardest default a boring treadmill, who is going to run through it again on H&H.

I agree about DMD.

HaloPimp978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#131 HaloPimp978
Member since 2005 • 7329 Posts

LOL Capcom blaming the DMC fans that is too funny. They should be blaming themselves because the game was just average and not great.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#133 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

as long as Capcom keeps relying on Western devs to reboot their Japanese franchises they are never going to succeed. Just look at what Ninja Theory did to DMC; they turned the franchise into some kind of pretentious, emo, angsty tale about white collar demons... DMC can't take itself seriously or be serious, the franchise needs to become more over the top and ridiculous for it to evolve. It needs to be more like Bayonetta and I don't think any Western dev would be able to achieve that. Western devs love to make realistic games with tons of cinematics and that's not what DMC is about.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts
I avoided it because Capcom got rid of the staff that made DMC games, forced them to leave and form Platinum Games, so I switched loyalty to Bayonetta which is actually better IMO, and when I heard Ninja Theory was on it I lost interest since I didn't really care for Heavenly Sword or Enslaved, they weren't terrible they actually had really good stories but gameplay though left much to be desired. I personally could care less they changed Dante's look. I may still get DMC later but that'll be once it hits $20 or less.
Thefatness16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Thefatness16
Member since 2010 • 4673 Posts

I avoided it because Capcom got rid of the staff that made DMC games, forced them to leave and form Platinum Gameslamprey263

Kamiya only worked on the first game. DMC after that was handled by Hideaki Itsuno and his team.

OneSanitarium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 OneSanitarium

I avoided it because Capcom got rid of the staff that made DMC games, forced them to leave and form Platinum Gameslamprey263

No they didn't. Maybe for the first DMC, but the series was passed over to Itsuno for 2-4.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

[QUOTE="lamprey263"]I avoided it because Capcom got rid of the staff that made DMC games, forced them to leave and form Platinum GamesOneSanitarium

No they didn't. Maybe for the first DMC, but the series was passed over to Itsuno for 2-4.

I'm still avoiding it on grounds Ninja Theory made it though, like I said above their games have great story but gameplay disappointed me in Heavenly Sword and Enslaved, but the story was enough to intrigue me. I'd buy it when it gets cheaper, but not wasting $60 right now with other games I'm anticipating more coming out soon.
OneSanitarium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 OneSanitarium

[QUOTE="OneSanitarium"]

[QUOTE="lamprey263"]I avoided it because Capcom got rid of the staff that made DMC games, forced them to leave and form Platinum Gameslamprey263

I'm still avoiding it on grounds Ninja Theory made it though, like I said above their games have great story but gameplay disappointed me in Heavenly Sword and Enslaved, but the story was enough to intrigue me. I'd buy it when it gets cheaper, but not wasting $60 right now with other games I'm anticipating more coming out soon.

It's because they outsouced the stories for HS and Enslaved.

timmy00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#139 timmy00
Member since 2006 • 15360 Posts

To those complaining about how easy the game is : try finishing Hell and Hell. fend_oblivion
I did. It was still pretty easy.

omenodebander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 omenodebander
Member since 2004 • 1401 Posts

The fanbase is what I find truly pathetic. The best part is when they praise DMC4 as if it was even remotely close to being a good game. It had one of the worst plots, writing and character dialogue I've ever heard.

Hell, I had more fun playing the decade old blood omen and soul reaver because at least, those games featured much better writing and plots than the abysmal wreck that is dmc4

Solid_Link22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#141 Solid_Link22
Member since 2006 • 5698 Posts

that game was awesome

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 ReadingRainbow4

The fanbase is what I find truly pathetic. The best part is when they praise DMC4 as if it was even remotely close to being a good game. It had one of the worst plots, writing and character dialogue I've ever heard.

Hell, I had more fun playing the decade old blood omen and soul reaver because at least, those games featured much better writing and plots than the abysmal wreck that is dmc4

omenodebander

You my friend just listed 3 things that have no effect on if a game is good.

Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 Douevenlift_bro

omenodebander

Yet the gameplay (combat) craps all over DmC. Go figure...

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 ChubbyGuy40

try finishing Hell and Hell. fend_oblivion

A game has to kill you in one hit in order to be judged as "hard."

That's the definition of fake difficulty.

omenodebander

DMC4 had the best gameplay. If you're expecting cRPG level of story from an action-adventure, then you're playing the wrong games.

timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#145 timbers_WSU
Member since 2012 • 6076 Posts

The new Devil May Cry is great. Gamers have become a complete embaressment. The last 4 or 5 years has been pretty pathetic. It is no wonder people consider hard core gamers geeks and immature.

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 ChubbyGuy40

The new Devil May Cry is great. Gamers have become a complete embaressment. The last 4 or 5 years has been pretty pathetic. It is no wonder people consider hard core gamers geeks and immature.

timbers_WSU

Go to bed Tameem.

Phreek300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 Phreek300
Member since 2007 • 672 Posts
I was pleasantly suprised by the game. I admit I was not keen on the new Dante. I played the demo and liked it. It's not as deep as 1 and 3, but it is good. After playing it. I would say that it was worth it. Now where is Heavenly Sword 2?
musalala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 musalala
Member since 2008 • 3131 Posts

IMO Capcom can eat a d#ck you reap what you sow. Ignore your fans and this is what you get , If they had just kept the old look alot of this could have been avoided, and its not like it would have cost them anything at all. This one simple act could have made the difference. But essentially what they decided to ( as with many companies these days) do was sacrifice their fans in order to get the mythical mainstream audience and money. And now that they have failed its the fans fault.

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts

omenodebander
And the best combat btw.