Devil May Cry fans destroy brand out of spite

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#451 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

Ugh...

If I am to be honest, it's actually a pretty fun game. And the content would be pretty cringe worthy, if it wasn't so over the top. They intentionally made the characters like that, so much so that I think they did it to intentionally piss people off. For example, you can see that when the **** white wig comes out of nowhere.

So the gameplay is fun, no more no less, but everything else is just... stupid. If I don't want a challenging action game, i'll play god of War, which has amazing content. Not this pile of crap. The whole game feels like it was just a slap in the face to the fans of the Capcom of old.

People, really just need to stop feeding this POS company and make them do something drastic. They don't have the power of activision or EA, so it's possible.

Chozofication

But the combat in this game is vastly superior to the God of Wars and there's actually stuff to do in the game. It offers a solid 40 hours of gameplay. This is a very solid game that's a lot of fun to play. I know the combat isn't as technical as DMC 3 or 4, but if this game wasn't called Devil May Cry, it would hvae been lauded as a fantastic new IP.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#452 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

[QUOTE="OneSanitarium"]

Almost done with my first playthrough. I don't feel like I've played enough to comment on anything other than two things.

Judging the combat on the demo. I think it's a fair assesment to judge the demo based on that. The feeling changes a fair amount when you have both the angel and demon weapons, and that should be acknowledged. But the demo at the very least lets you feel the game for what it is. Minus a few not fully upgraded moves, the demo has the exact same weapons as what are in the demo. Eryx and Aquila are cool fun though.

The level design. It's not very good. It looks pretty, sure, but the constant Angel Lift and Demon Pull wears out its welcome by the time you get angel glide. Every level shouldn't be filled with AngelLift> AngelLift> AngelGlide> AngelLift> DemonPull> AngelGlide> Combo Fodder appear.

The game is entirely what I expected so far. It's not a bad game, I never really though it would be. It's just...well....really boring. I won't judge difficulty until I beat DMD, but for starting difficulties, it IS infinitely easier than DMC3-4 on their hardest avaliable difficulty.

Douevenlift_bro

How would you compare the level design to previous DMC's?

This is an area where this game definitely trumps the past DMCs. The DMCs of yore had rather weak level design but a lot better combat. DMC offers some pretty clever levels with great secrets and a lot less linearity to them. Often times you are presented with many different branching paths. If anything that was the biggest improvemen to the series in this game.

OneSanitarium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#453 OneSanitarium
Member since 2009 • 6959 Posts

Did the infinite glide glitch and caused my level to not load so I can't continue it. Gotta restart it now, oh well.

Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#454 Douevenlift_bro
Member since 2013 • 6804 Posts

[QUOTE="Douevenlift_bro"]

How would you compare the level design to previous DMC's?

OneSanitarium

There is less of a feel of back tracking within the game, minus a few situations. But those end up being places where the building splits up or something so it doesn't feel so bad. Sort of like in DMC3 where you would go through the trials, and then later after the inner sanctum was risen you'd go there again but it'd be really different.

A lot of the times though, there really isn't any level design. It's an open area where they decided. "Hey, lets make them get from point A to point B. Well put a bunch of floating things for them to angle glide, angel lift, or demon pull around. Boy, these sure are cool mechanics!" Some areas have pretty decent designs. I enjoyed the main city design for the short while you're there, Mundus' Tower is nice, and the subway area where you track down some harpies is cool. Nothing really feels memberable though. It reminds me of DMC2 where everything just sort blended together.

I guess I could say it's about the same, with a few places better and a few places worse. I'll try and pay a bit more attention on my new playthrough.

Less back tracking is good..

Wouldn't be cool at this point if they carry best aspects of both games and make it one great game?

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#455 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

the first hour of DMC I enjoyed because the level design wasn't as intrusive to the gameplay.

The game's like a cheap magician, it blows out all of it's parlor tricks pretty fast and your left with a rather sad looking clown pulling a coin from behind your ear.

The carnival was way too short, I wouldn't have minded it being longer because I really think that's one of the best levels in the game, that and like sanitarium mentioned. The city.

I couldn't stand the televesion network tower, the club version of limbo was a huge missed opportunity. I did like the fights where you had to move around the floor or the tiles would hurt you, but other than that it was filled with some really lame jumping. They could have went way further down the rabbit hole with limbo and they really never do.

Mundus tower, that was just bland and boring honestly.

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#456 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts

[QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

[QUOTE="GD1551"]

Lmfao again it doesn't matter if you can't even come close to doing it. Hearing complaints from people of relevance is fine, but hearing a bunch of tryhards whine about combat mechanics and systems they won't ever use or feats that they could never achieve is hilarious. Who are you guys fooling?

GD1551

When the complaints are comming from the casuals, you know you f*cked up. Can you do any of those manuevers? Who are you to tell others to quit complaining? Are people not allowed to have fun because you can't pull of those combos in the videos?

Doesn't matter much now. Capcom got the message regardless.

I can't.. at best I can do intermediate combos in these games, I am a ninja gaiden fan, I prefer the combat in that than destroying punching bags with 10000 hits. Also I never said you aren't allowed to have fun, I am saying that you guys are complaining about things you can't achieve which is hilarious. It's like complaining about something that has nothing to do with you.

Hilarious assumption is hilarious.

Kell_the_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#457 Kell_the_Gamer
Member since 2012 • 885 Posts

The difference between fans and journalists.

OneSanitarium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#458 OneSanitarium

The thread was necroed so I can reply with no worries to this:

Mission 16 on DMD is harder than any other mission on any of the other DMC games

BPoole96

No. This is wrong. A thousand times over, this is WRONG.

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#460 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

Mission 16 on DMD is harder than any other mission on any of the other DMC games

OneSanitarium

For me it was. I've beaten every other DMC on DMD and never had to use as many items as I did for that one. I can't recall any missions from the previous games that were exceptionally hard
OneSanitarium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#461 OneSanitarium

[QUOTE="OneSanitarium"]

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

BPoole96

For me it was. I've beaten every other DMC on DMD and never had to use as many items as I did for that one. I can't recall any missions from the previous games that were exceptionally hard

The only hard enemy in the game is one in combination with the Witch. Other than that, everything can be taken into the air and killed for free.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#462 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

I can't believe this is back from the dead.

Kell_the_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#463 Kell_the_Gamer

Slowpoke_reasonably_small.jpg

Sorry for being an idiot guys.

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#464 BPoole96

[QUOTE="BPoole96"][QUOTE="OneSanitarium"]

OneSanitarium

The only hard enemy in the game is one in combination with the Witch. Other than that, everything can be taken into the air and killed for free.

You can't do that to the dual blade disappearing guys either. There are like 6 of them on that level and like 3-4 witches iirc. You have to fight 2 of the disappearing guys and a witch right in the beginning of that mission. Plus the Blue Rage dogs are fvcking pricks since you're forced to use angel weapons on them which are ridiculously weak. I had a 50 hit combo in the air on one of them and it still wasn't dead. the only enemyiesthat was truly a pain in the ass in DMC4 was the Blitz and those enemies that had the vines randomly flail around.
OneSanitarium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#465 OneSanitarium

[QUOTE="OneSanitarium"]

[QUOTE="BPoole96"] For me it was. I've beaten every other DMC on DMD and never had to use as many items as I did for that one. I can't recall any missions from the previous games that were exceptionally hardBPoole96

You can't do that to the dual blade disappearing guys either. There are like 6 of them on that level and like 3-4 witches iirc. You have to fight 2 of the disappearing guys and a witch right in the beginning of that mission. Plus the Blue Rage dogs are fvcking pricks since you're forced to use angel weapons on them which are ridiculously weak. I had a 50 hit combo in the air on one of them and it still wasn't dead. the only enemyiesthat was truly a pain in the ass in DMC4 was the Blitz and those enemies that had the vines randomly flail around.

Dreamrunners can be grabbed out of their teleports and leaving a Kablooey dart on them makes it so you can combo them at any point. This game has the usual "If they aren't in the camera, they won't attack" thing going on, and taking a Bucher or a Tyrant into the air makes it so you can go ham on them. Except for early on when I was unsure of how to keep them in the air, once I launched them they were going to die in that combo. 

Angel weapons may be weak, but at least you CAN combo with them. Aquilas Buy In keeps everything near you, and if you have the chance you can knock them into an environmental area if you want. DT is also your friend against the color code.

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#466 BPoole96

OneSanitarium

Dreamrunners can be grabbed out of their teleports and leaving a Kablooey dart on them makes it so you can combo them at any point. This game has the usual "If they aren't in the camera, they won't attack" thing going on, and taking a Bucher or a Tyrant into the air makes it so you can go ham on them. Except for early on when I was unsure of how to keep them in the air, once I launched them they were going to die in that combo. 

Angel weapons may be weak, but at least you CAN combo with them. Aquilas Buy In keeps everything near you, and if you have the chance you can knock them into an environmental area if you want. DT is also your friend against the color code.

Can you get the Butchers into the air? I never did try doing an uppercut to them with Eryx, but with the Tyrants I just Demon Doge their charge, pull them down, and then uppcut them and destroy them with air combos.

For Dreamrunners (usually when there is just one), I charge up an Overdrive with with the Rebellion, and right hwne they come out of their portal I hit them with all 3 projectiles, demon grab them, and then do 3 helm breakers with jump cancelling (they will counter if you do a 4th).

The Witches really screw me up through and I usually make them my top priority to kill when they're around and I tend to get careless and get hit by other enemies. I have also learned since I made that post that you can Demon Grab the swords the summon and knock them back at them to break her shield and get a stun which allows me to get a Trinity Smash in. I haven't replayed it since my first go through since it pissed me off but maybe the next time it won't seem as hard knowing what I know now. I'm on a hiatus from the game though until Vergil's Downfall and Bloody Palace are out.

OneSanitarium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#467 OneSanitarium

[QUOTE="OneSanitarium"]

[QUOTE="BPoole96"] You can't do that to the dual blade disappearing guys either. There are like 6 of them on that level and like 3-4 witches iirc. You have to fight 2 of the disappearing guys and a witch right in the beginning of that mission. Plus the Blue Rage dogs are fvcking pricks since you're forced to use angel weapons on them which are ridiculously weak. I had a 50 hit combo in the air on one of them and it still wasn't dead. the only enemyiesthat was truly a pain in the ass in DMC4 was the Blitz and those enemies that had the vines randomly flail around.BPoole96

Can you get the Butchers into the air? I never did try doing an uppercut to them with Eryx, but with the Tyrants I just Demon Doge their charge, pull them down, and then uppcut them and destroy them with air combos.

For Dreamrunners (usually when there is just one), I charge up an Overdrive with with the Rebellion, and right hwne they come out of their portal I hit them with all 3 projectiles, demon grab them, and then do 3 helm breakers with jump cancelling (they will counter if you do a 4th).

The Witches really screw me up through and I usually make them my top priority to kill when they're around and I tend to get careless and get hit by other enemies. I have also learned since I made that post that you can Demon Grab the swords the summon and knock them back at them to break her shield and get a stun which allows me to get a Trinity Smash in. I haven't replayed it since my first go through since it pissed me off but maybe the next time it won't seem as hard knowing what I know now. I'm on a hiatus from the game though until Vergil's Downfall and Bloody Palace are out.

Butchers have a neutral stance where the sort of rev their blades for a second. I usually run up to them and demon dodge if they do anything else. A full Eryx charge launches both them and the Tyrants, even if they're DT'd.

I usually wait around for the Dreamrunner to teleport, and either Demon Dodge their attack, or immediately grab them to do a few hits of aerial rave, kablooey, few more aerial rave, helmbreaker. When they're out and about, usually blocking most hits, setting off a Kablooey dart renders them defenseless. Though not for long, usually if it's anything other than a high time they break free on the 2nd or 3rd hit.

The Witches swords are annoying if you're trying to attack something else, but through Demon~Angel dodging for damage boost and distance coverage, they tend to get killed somewhat fast. They escape combos way too easily. JCing Helms also feel iffy on her. I tend to hit her wth a round trip and do a charged Eryx launcher when I can, does decent damage. At least she isn't Angel only when the shield is down.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#468 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

Kell_the_Gamer

so some like it some dont *gasp* wat a shock.

Avatar image for GreekGameManiac
GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#469 GreekGameManiac
Member since 2010 • 6439 Posts

[QUOTE="Kell_the_Gamer"]

finalfantasy94

In short,ppl are babies and can't accept change.

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#470 BPoole96

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

[QUOTE="OneSanitarium"]

OneSanitarium

Butchers have a neutral stance where the sort of rev their blades for a second. I usually run up to them and demon dodge if they do anything else. A full Eryx charge launches both them and the Tyrants, even if they're DT'd.

I usually wait around for the Dreamrunner to teleport, and either Demon Dodge their attack, or immediately grab them to do a few hits of aerial rave, kablooey, few more aerial rave, helmbreaker. When they're out and about, usually blocking most hits, setting off a Kablooey dart renders them defenseless. Though not for long, usually if it's anything other than a high time they break free on the 2nd or 3rd hit.

The Witches swords are annoying if you're trying to attack something else, but through Demon~Angel dodging for damage boost and distance coverage, they tend to get killed somewhat fast. They escape combos way too easily. JCing Helms also feel iffy on her. I tend to hit her wth a round trip and do a charged Eryx launcher when I can, does decent damage. At least she isn't Angel only when the shield is down.

I'll have to try that on the Butcher's next tiem I play. I usually wait for them to throw all their blades so I know I have an large window to do damage since they have to regenerate their blades. I normally just wail on them with the Arbitor's but now that I know I can get them up in the air like hte Tyrant's I should be able to destroy them much faster.

I barely ever used the Kablooey since I mainly only use the shotgun for the Harpies, but that should definitely help for the Dreamrunners . Another method I do for them is whenever they do regular ground combos I just jump up in the air and hit them with a helm breaker.

I use Round Trip for the Withces as well. At first I thought they couldn't teleport out of it but I found that is not the case. They are just a pain in the ass since you're constantly having to more back and forth across the arena and only doing minimal damage before they move aagin. Missions that have a lot of Witches are always harder for me since they cause me to get hit quite often due to my careless and overeagerness to kill them.

OneSanitarium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#471 OneSanitarium

[QUOTE="OneSanitarium"]

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

BPoole96

I'll have to try that on the Butcher's next tiem I play. I usually wait for them to throw all their blades so I know I have an large window to do damage since they have to regenerate their blades. I normally just wail on them with the Arbitor's but now that I know I can get them up in the air like hte Tyrant's I should be able to destroy them much faster.

I barely ever used the Kablooey since I mainly only use the shotgun for the Harpies, but that should definitely help for the Dreamrunners . Another method I do for them is whenever they do regular ground combos I just jump up in the air and hit them with a helm breaker.

I use Round Trip for the Withces as well. At first I thought they couldn't teleport out of it but I found that is not the case. They are just a pain in the ass since you're constantly having to more back and forth across the arena and only doing minimal damage before they move aagin. Missions that have a lot of Witches are always harder for me since they cause me to get hit quite often due to my careless and overeagerness to kill them.

Kablooey is good on harpies in areas where they can fall into an abyss. If you hit them with a dart or two they instantly fall to deaths when detonated.

If you hit the Witches with a semi charged Round Trip they don't have a chance to escape really. It might be based on damage or something which would explain why they last so long with rount trip being on them. I tend to throw a barrage of them at a Witch with a damage barrier so when it breaks they're right in the fray of damage.

Also, infinite glide glitch is so damn fun. I'm not going to patch my game until maybe Vergil or whatever.

Lulekani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#472 Lulekani
Member since 2012 • 2318 Posts

[QUOTE="finalfantasy94"]

[QUOTE="Kell_the_Gamer"]

GreekGameManiac

They hate change ! It doesnt matter if its better or worse, you'd think the HD collection would've helped, . . . but nope. Oh well . . . . Gamers . . . .
Avatar image for GreekGameManiac
GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#473 GreekGameManiac
Member since 2010 • 6439 Posts

[QUOTE="GreekGameManiac"]

[QUOTE="finalfantasy94"]

Lulekani

They hate change ! It doesnt matter if its better or worse, you'd think the HD collection would've helped, . . . but nope. Oh well . . . . Gamers . . . .

I'm surprised an a-hole/troll agreed with me.

Kell_the_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#474 Kell_the_Gamer
[QUOTE="GreekGameManiac"]

[QUOTE="finalfantasy94"]

Lulekani

The .jpg was a collection of screencaps of arguments being made by fans, and journalist. The fans in the screencaps were arguing gameplay related things and the journalists (+you guys) are saying it was about white hair and change period. Did you guys read it at all? And as for the argument "gamers hate change period" that's not true, everyone praised the changes made in DMC3 over DMC2. You are cherry picking the most insane fans ie the one who think "any change is bad" and ignoring the arguments; that DmC has a very low skill ceiling and is in general an inferior action game for skillful play.
Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#475 Douevenlift_bro
Member since 2013 • 6804 Posts

[QUOTE="OneSanitarium"]

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

BPoole96

You're a n00b queen

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#476 BPoole96

Douevenlift_bro

You're a n00b queen

And you're a vvh1ny l1ttl3 b17ch that hates this game even though you've never played it and can't seem to stay out of this thread
Iantheone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#477 Iantheone
Member since 2007 • 8242 Posts
[QUOTE="Kell_the_Gamer"] The .jpg was a collection of screencaps of arguments being made by fans, and journalist. The fans in the screencaps were arguing gameplay related things and the journalists (+you guys) are saying it was about white hair and change period. Did you guys read it at all?

And I can get a collection of snapshots of reviews showing the complete opposite, whats your point?
cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#478 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38035 Posts
This is the state of gaming imo. Either the "hardcore" fans commit to buying five copies each of a game they love to help it remain profitable, or don't blame companies for trying to get the larger audience interested.
Kell_the_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#479 Kell_the_Gamer

[QUOTE="Kell_the_Gamer"] The .jpg was a collection of screencaps of arguments being made by fans, and journalist. The fans in the screencaps were arguing gameplay related things and the journalists (+you guys) are saying it was about white hair and change period. Did you guys read it at all? Iantheone
And I can get a collection of snapshots of reviews showing the complete opposite, whats your point?

There are fans that use legit arguments and sound reasoning, while you will probably never find a journalist using the same thing instead of going 'hurr duur they hate it because his hair isn't white'. "I can find the esxact oppsite' I'd like to see that if you have it.

EDIT: I have seen a good video by a fan that used good arguments for DmC, I can't find it though.

Kell_the_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#481 Kell_the_Gamer
Yeeeeah... that's why I love GameSpot :) It doesn't change the fact that DmC is easier and has a lower skill ceiling than the oringal DMC series though, which is where the meat of the (constructed) complaining is coming from. Take for instance Hell or Hell mode where you die in one; the last DMC I've played is DMC3. Getting through the game for the sake of getting through it is more of a beginner's stepping stone. The real challenge in the game was beating the levels in such a way you got a perfect 'SS' ranking at the end. One of the requirements for getting an SS ranking is taking no damage. While DmC needed a hell in hell mode to encourage flawless playthroughs , the older DMC were not only much harder at their core but already had a built in optional Hell and hell mode. IF you don't understand: I'm arguing that DmC is subjectively and easier/inferior game for those who want high diffculty hack and slashers, not if DmC is a good game on its own.
Iantheone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#482 Iantheone
Member since 2007 • 8242 Posts
[QUOTE="Kell_the_Gamer"]Yeeeeah... that's why I love GameSpot :) It doesn't change the fact that DmC is easier and has a lower skill ceiling than the oringal DMC series though, which is where the meat of the (constructed) complaining is coming from. Take for instance Hell or Hell mode where you die in one; the last DMC I've played is DMC3. Getting through the game for the sake of getting through it is more of a beginner's stepping stone. The real challenge in the game was beating the levels in such a way you got a perfect 'SS' ranking at the end. One of the requirements for getting an SS ranking is taking no damage. While DmC needed a hell in hell mode to encourage flawless playthroughs , the older DMC were not only much harder at their core but already had a built in optional Hell and hell mode. IF you don't understand: I'm arguing that DmC is subjectively and easier/inferior game for those who want high diffculty hack and slashers, not if DmC is a good game on its own.

4 had a H&H mode if I remember correctly. Even GS said it was easier and more accessible. The whole crux of the matter is that DMC is not DMC5.