Details on the Next Xbox Incoming

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by charizard1605 (55591 posts) -

I haven't seen this at all over the last few days... I might be wrong and this might be old, in which case I apologize, and lock please.

If not, well...

The penultimate issue of Xbox World magazine will reportedly reveal new details about Microsoft's new Xbox console, according to CVG.

The magazine's editor reportedly told the site that the next-generation Xbox will most likely be called "Xbox" instead of "Xbox 720", and will ship with 8GB of RAM and a quad-core processor.

Other details about the new console that will reportedly be revealed by Xbox World include Kinect 2.0, Blu-ray discs, directional audio, a TV output and input, an "innovative" controller, and the possibility of augmented-reality (AR) glasses to be used at a later stage in the new console's life.

Microsoft has not officially confirmed that it is at work on a new console, but speculation about the new Xbox has been circulating for some time. In June, a 56-page document allegedly from Microsoft indicated that the company is planning to launch an Xbox 720 in 2013 at $299. An updated version of the Kinect was to be included, and AR glasses support would be added sometime after launch. The document has since been removed at the behest of Microsoft's legal team.

Earlier this month, Microsoft filed a patent for a new tech system designed to monitor viewers while they watch TV.

For more speculation regarding Microsoft's next home console, check out GameSpot's rumour roundup feature.Gamespot

SOURCE

The good parts sound really good, and they indicate that Microsoft may actually end up completely dominating the core console market next generation, relegating Sony to a niche that caters only to its fans ala Nintendo in the Gamecube era. If this rumor is indeed true, then we are scheduled to get details about the next Xbox in a few weeks' time now.

#2 Posted by Meeeper282 (1602 posts) -

Wait, so it's going to be called xbox again? didn't the last console named "xbox" flop?

#3 Posted by santoron (7648 posts) -

Link

Yup, someone got it. Still on the first page.

#4 Posted by TreyoftheDead (7982 posts) -

If it's really $299 I very well may be down.

#5 Posted by JohnnyCageMK (4340 posts) -

Day 1 baby. Bring on Kinect 2.0, another decade of the best damn online service on the planet, and more blockbuster genre leading graphics king exclusives. Thank you Mr. Gates and Major Nelson and all the heroes at Microsoft who continue to make this possible.

#6 Posted by charizard1605 (55591 posts) -

Link

santoron
Page 3 for me actually :P But okay, let this one die down in that case, I guess.
#7 Posted by resevl4rlz (3256 posts) -

Day 1 baby. Bring on Kinect 2.0, another decade of the best damn online service on the planet, and more blockbuster genre leading graphics king exclusives. Thank you Mr. Gates and Major Nelson and all the heroes at Microsoft who continue to make this possible.

JohnnyCageMK

you do know Mr. Gates has nothing to do with xbox or microsoft any more right

#8 Posted by JohnnyCageMK (4340 posts) -

[QUOTE="JohnnyCageMK"]

resevl4rlz

He's the inspiration for everybody who works at Microsoft and lemmings everywhere. Without him there would be no Xbox.

#9 Posted by savagetwinkie (7981 posts) -

charge for online

do not want

Seriously, its 2012, everything has online, and the slight benefits to paying for live just don't matter, it's literally handing M$ for the same functionatitly, or if you want the ability stream netflix (seriously wtf?)

#10 Posted by platniumgamer (4087 posts) -

Kinect 2.0...

MY BODY IS READY

#11 Posted by Shinobi120 (5570 posts) -

I can't wait for this thing.

#12 Posted by Bigboi500 (29177 posts) -

It's looking pretty good. I feel like this generation, owning all three consoles was overkill because I only used two out of three of them regularly. Along with the Wii U I only plan on getting either the next Xbox OR the next Playstation system, not both.

#13 Posted by eNT1TY (988 posts) -
I wonder if the "innovative" controller is something other than the updated kinect. Hope there is a traditional gamepad as well, i don't want to be stuck solely with an "innovative" controller. It would actually rock if one of the announcements were compatibility with the 360 pad, it is such a great pad that any change to it will almost certainly be a downgrade in my eyes.
#15 Posted by Primordialous (1276 posts) -
Can't wait!
#16 Posted by khoofia_pika (13513 posts) -

Wait, so it's going to be called xbox again? didn't the last console named "xbox" flop?

Meeeper282
Lol wut?
#17 Posted by Shottayouth13- (6733 posts) -
For $299, and with those features? Yeah, that doesn't sound plausible.
#18 Posted by ShadowMoses900 (17081 posts) -

Sounds exciting! Looking forward to hearing more about it, even though I probably won't be buying one.

I'm going PS4 and Wii U.

#19 Posted by Kingpin0114 (2522 posts) -

For $299, and with those features? Yeah, that doesn't sound plausible. Shottayouth13-

If they do that subscription thing it does. Have a feeling MS will have the option to pay upright for the nextbox or do the subscription based plan.

#20 Posted by Kingpin0114 (2522 posts) -

Can't wait to see what Sony and MS have planned for next gen.

#21 Posted by lawlessx (46460 posts) -

Meeeper282

You must not know what the word "flop"means in the real world. The xbox and xbox 360 were both successful.

#22 Posted by ShadowMoses900 (17081 posts) -

[QUOTE="Meeeper282"]

lawlessx

You must not know what the word "flop"means in the real world. The xbox and xbox 360 were both successful.

I thought it was going to be called Xbox 8?

#23 Posted by TheWalkingGhost (5055 posts) -

[QUOTE="JohnnyCageMK"]

resevl4rlz

You do know he is a massive idiot and a troll right?
#24 Posted by Nega3 (1069 posts) -

Can't WAIT! :D

I'm so sick of this gen. The same hardware has lated too long. Bring on next gen!

#25 Posted by resevl4rlz (3256 posts) -

[QUOTE="resevl4rlz"]

[QUOTE="JohnnyCageMK"]

TheWalkingGhost

You do know he is a massive idiot and a troll right?

yes i know that

#26 Posted by BlbecekBobecek (2685 posts) -

1) get rid of this kinect nonsense

2) stop charging for online play

If these simple points shall be fulfilled and the next xbox shall actually get some games unlike 360, I will be sold.

#27 Posted by dommeus (9193 posts) -

All rumour and speculation at this point.

#28 Posted by PAL360 (26653 posts) -

Sounds awesome, but this is a few days old. Next E3 will be soo good!!!

#29 Posted by KillzoneSnake (1680 posts) -

They should call it the KinectBox :lol:

#30 Posted by Meeeper282 (1602 posts) -

[QUOTE="Meeeper282"]

lawlessx

360 was, but i wouldn't call the original xbox a success

#31 Posted by Duckyindiana (2288 posts) -

[QUOTE="lawlessx"]

[QUOTE="Meeeper282"]

Meeeper282

360 was, but i wouldn't call the original xbox a success

If you think the 360 was a flop you are an even bigger pratt than i thought!
#32 Posted by GamerwillzPS (8530 posts) -

Cool.

Hopefully it will get games after all...

But an innovative controller and augmented reality doesn't sound promising though, it just seems that Microsoft continues to take the brand in the wrong direction once again.

*edit* And get rid of Xbox Live fees.

#33 Posted by tenaka2 (17013 posts) -

KillzoneSnake

I'd go for RentBox as you have to pay rent to MS to play it.

#34 Posted by ripmetalrip (139 posts) -

microsoft should drop kinect i dont think it worked out too good.

#35 Posted by Malta_1980 (11161 posts) -

If MS releases their next console with such specs at $299 then I see it being a huge success...

#36 Posted by ripmetalrip (139 posts) -

r&d$ spent on kinect could be used to make some better games instead

#37 Posted by SecretPolice (21382 posts) -

[QUOTE="lawlessx"]

[QUOTE="Meeeper282"]

ShadowMoses900

I thought it was going to be called Xbox 8?

Xbox Gr8 :twisted: But more likely, Next X.

Anyway, yes, there was a thread on this. :P

#38 Posted by Eddie-Vedder (7776 posts) -

It's going to be the biggest scam in gaming and I see so many nooblets that are going to fall for it. I bet Live fee's will be even higher and they'll invent some new fee's, people will buy the console cause it's somewhat affordable early on but will spend the whole gen paying fee's...

Stay the fk away lol. I rather just pay for a console an that's it, it's payed for. No way I'm paying constant fees when I sometimes go full years without touching my consoles.

#39 Posted by percuvius2 (1982 posts) -

Meeeper282

You mean the last Xbox that made ps2 look like a kids calculator? That old Xbox?

#40 Posted by PAL360 (26653 posts) -

KillzoneSnake

How about QuadcoreBox? Or 8GBramBox? :twisted::P

#41 Posted by PAL360 (26653 posts) -

It's going to be the biggest scam in gaming and I see so many nooblets that are going to fall for it. I bet Live fee's will be even higher and they'll invent some new fee's, people will buy the console cause it's somewhat affordable early on but will spend the whole gen paying fee's...

Stay the fk away lol. I rather just pay for a console an that's it, it's payed for. No way I'm paying constant fees when I sometimes go full years without touching my consoles.

Eddie-Vedder

Hmmm....you would hate it even if it was for free. The only requirement you need to love a console is the Playstation logo, am i right?

#42 Posted by tenaka2 (17013 posts) -

Is it going to have a built in fire suppression system?

#43 Posted by Malta_1980 (11161 posts) -

Is it going to have a built in fire suppression system?

tenaka2

Not really... with Kinect 2.0 all you need to do is mime the movements of a person using a fire extinguisher and that will keep the console cool...

;)

#44 Posted by skrat_01 (33767 posts) -
Been doing the rounds for days. Still have the downright hilarious Microsoft 2013 power point slides buried in a folder somewhere.
#45 Posted by GioVela2010 (4018 posts) -
HD 9850 power
#46 Posted by silversix_ (13924 posts) -
Fast quad core, 8gb RAM and a 9850 equivalent gpu would cost at least 450$ and u know what? Its fine. I better have a powerful console that will impress visually for years than a console that can barely run current gen games or not at all (Metro LL). 450-500$ is the perfect price for something you'll be using for at least 6 years but a console should NEVER go over 500$ price tag.
#47 Posted by Rocker6 (13358 posts) -

Eddie-Vedder

Another cow blind to the possiblity of Sony creating on-line fees on their next console. To all claiming MS should remove XBL fees, why would they cancel out a succesful business model that made them a lot of money?

#48 Posted by wolverine4262 (18941 posts) -
You can do a lot with 8gbs of ram
#49 Posted by AdobeArtist (22791 posts) -

Link

santoron

co-co-co-combooooo breaker :P