Destiny will destroy Titanfall

• 91 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Sweenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Poll Destiny will destroy Titanfall (83 votes)

Yes 45%
No 48%
7%

Let's be honest, the only reason why titanfall has received any type of hype, is due to it being a platform exclusive "Well Console Exclusive" this game would have been another fps game, if it were available on every system.

Not only are bungie better devs than infinity ward/Respawn, my proof is, halo 3 > cod 4. But Destiny is showing the next evolution in FPS games, while Titanfall is just call of duty with mechs.

• 
Sweenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1 Sweenix
Member since 2013 • 5957 Posts

Now, i'm not saying titanfall won't be a bad game, in fact. It will likely end up as the second best FPS game this year, it's just not going to touch Destiny's greatness.

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#2 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

In sales? Not sure.

Gameplay? Yeah I think so.

KittenNose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 KittenNose
Member since 2014 • 2470 Posts

Destiny isn't the next evolution of anything but Bungie games. Most of what it has to offer can be found in Borderlands 2. If Destiny goes truly above and beyond by console standards, it will simply be taking minor elements from Planetside 2 and putting it in a game that looks a lot like Borderlands without the personality.

Bungie never actually added anything to the FPS genre. They just removed tension from single player by removing health kits, ammo rationing, and adding in a crap ton of automatic check points. In multiplayer they turned everyone into bullet sponges who you can pump an entire clip into, and then kill by whacking them in the arm with your rifle butt. Watching two people with automatic rifles joust should be a laugh riot, not an action sequence.

If people like Halo then that is neat. I also hope Destiny is a great game. Bungie however does not invent new tricks. Bungie taking credit for innovation in the FPS market is like apple calming to have invented icons with rounded corners, and tapping icons to interact with them.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts

Titanfall looks a lot more fun to me. Parkour, Jetpacks, giant mechs. Destiny will be another grind-game, like Borderland, which is real meh imo. Destiny has great art though.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

@Sweenix: Titanfall is going to be an amazing game and its received its notoriety because it left such a huge impression on all those who have played it.

Destiny is a completely different animal altogether. And the best thing? They don't have to compete at all as they can and will coexist.

MrYaotubo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 MrYaotubo
Member since 2012 • 2884 Posts

Not really interested in MMO´s so I don´t really care about Destiny,not really all that interested in Titanfall either but I rather play that one.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

@kittennose said:

Destiny isn't the next evolution of anything but Bungie games. Most of what it has to offer can be found in Borderlands 2. If Destiny goes truly above and beyond by console standards, it will simply be taking minor elements from Planetside 2 and putting it in a game that looks a lot like Borderlands without the personality.

Bungie never actually added anything to the FPS genre. They just removed tension from single player by removing health kits, ammo rationing, and adding in a crap ton of automatic check points. In multiplayer they turned everyone into bullet sponges who you can pump an entire clip into, and then kill by whacking them in the arm with your rifle butt. Watching two people with automatic rifles joust should be a laugh riot, not an action sequence.

If people like Halo then that is neat. I also hope Destiny is a great game. Bungie however does not invent new tricks. Bungie taking credit for innovation in the FPS market is like apple calming to have invented icons with rounded corners, and tapping icons to interact with them.

Loading Video...

Look up a little game called Marathon. Bungie did indeed invent when Marathon launched in 1994.

RealJaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 RealJaysonguy
Member since 2013 • 236 Posts

These are two completely different games. Argument over.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

Lets be honest Destiny is only hyped because its bungie even though its known destiny is just halo rebranded.

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

Titanfall seems like a game that would be extremely fun in a very short time, like from the videos it seems like a typical match goes for 8-10 minutes, while with Destiny it seems like the player has to put in a tonne of time. I can see myself having a game of Titanfall before going to work, while Destiny would require me to have a whole session planned.

Rage010101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Rage010101
Member since 2006 • 5470 Posts

Kinda dumb to compare comsidering how different they are.

KittenNose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 KittenNose
Member since 2014 • 2470 Posts

@R3FURBISHED said:

Look up a little game called Marathon. Bungie did indeed invent when Marathon launched in 1994.

I concede it is theoretically possible that Bungie had a bit of innovation in their pocket two decades ago. I don't know, didn't play FPS on apple computers. I will correct my statement:

Bungie hasn't added anything to the FPS genre in the life time of people who can legally smoke, and became rather mediocre the moment it got popular enough for people to actually recognize their name. Sorry for the potential error.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13  Edited By Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

We already know Titanfail can't stand up to Destiny

Avatar image for unbiasedgamergs
UnbiasedGamerGS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 UnbiasedGamerGS
Member since 2014 • 32 Posts

Titanfall gets alot of hype because it's from the creator of COD, and lemmings do love COD.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

But..... But Mechs ! :(

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12060 Posts

@kittennose said:

This sums up my feelings as well. Borderlands 3 on tap.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

Pretty much. That's why EA is sneaking out Titanflop in March, don't want their investment to be beaten up and fucked in all holes by the big boys.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10502 Posts

I have no current interest in TitanFall at all, it just looks too similar to CoD for my liking, right down to the completely recoil free pee shooters.

Destiny doesn't look a whole lot original neither, but I'm a good sucker for co-op games, and their online direction looks like it could be quite fun.

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

@speedfog said:

In sales? Not sure.

Will kill Titanfall in sales by virtue of simply being available on PS3/PS4

Legend500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Legend500
Member since 2013 • 149 Posts

Destiny will destroy TitanFall in sales, quality, review scores and number of players online. Even if we just count Destiny on Xbox One vs TitanFall on Xbox One, Destiny will outsell it by a considerable margin, never even mind the PS4 version which will outsell all. I don't see any real world hype for TitanFall. Just forum and game website hype. I've talked to people in the real world who are excited about Destiny and don't even know what TitanFall is. If you look at it on social media there is way, way more hype for Destiny. It won't even be close.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

Titan fall does look fun, but I really have no desire to play it even tho I have the ability (PC or 360) being a multiplayer only shooter. If it had a single player I might have been interested. Destiny, while I currently have no interest, I would probably actually play it because it's a much bigger game and closer to an MMO/rpg

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#22 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

haha nope.... Before ms bought all the ps4 copies everyone was already hyping it.

they will both be good! destiny will sell more because well it's on 4 systems vs 3 plus its bungie even though cows know nothing about that bungieness

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 tymeservesfate
Member since 2003 • 2230 Posts

lol, "call of duty with mechs". the guy in this video says that too XD

Loading Video...

anyway, why are cows treating Destiny like its an exclusive and a major win for the PS4? lems arent doing that with MGS. besides....they're both multiplats. even if Destiny is better, lems get it AND Titanfall. so who really wins there?

also how is Destiny showing its the next evolution in FPS's? from what we've seen so far the game is very similar to borderlands, just at a bigger scale. XD

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#24 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

@Sweenix: Mother of...dat avie/sig....

If I didn't know you as well as I do, I'd have thought your avie/sig had been sabotaged by 1337 haxorz. But I know better.... 0_0

edidili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 edidili
Member since 2004 • 3449 Posts

Let's be honest, the only reason why titanfall has received any type of hype, is due to it being a platform exclusive "Well Console Exclusive"

I don't get it. Destiny is a console exclusive not Titanfall.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#26 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44535 Posts

given that Destiny is on the PS3 and PS4 there's more potential userbase for greater sales, but given the iffyness during the gen transition there's no saying how things will go, last gen consoles might not be as big a factor as next gen consoles and the next gen console userbase is rather low right now

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

@lamprey263 said:

given that Destiny is on the PS3 and PS4 there's more potential userbase for greater sales, but given the iffyness during the gen transition there's no saying how things will go, last gen consoles might not be as big a factor as next gen consoles and the next gen console userbase is rather low right now

xboxes and PS3's are still selling quite well dispite the new consoles on the market, They will still be a big factor, only about 8 million consoles are sold for both next gen consoles so far vs about 70 to 80 million for either one of the last gen consoles...yeah

lunar1122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By lunar1122
Member since 2012 • 784 Posts

I'd go with titanfall... Destiny is basically an MMO.. And MMO's are grinds.. You play it for the grind, not because its actually fun.. It abuses the "reward system" we feel when we accomplish something despite not actually liking the game..

Lots of skyrim players are like that, Grinding 100's of hours on a pointless piece of garbage ..

I'd take titanfall anyday over destiny.. Im not thoroughly impressed by titanfall, but it does look like it will be fun. And I like the fact that you dont have to grind.. You can come in after a stressful day of work , Play 1 or 2 hours and quit .

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@lamprey263 said:

Titanfall is also on 360....

betamaxx83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 betamaxx83
Member since 2013 • 360 Posts

Don't you mean TitanFlop

El_Garbanzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 El_Garbanzo
Member since 2012 • 296 Posts

Voted yes as titanfall looks as appealing as cod with bots

Scipio8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Scipio8
Member since 2013 • 937 Posts

An as an Xbox One owner I get to play both...poor cows

Boddicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#33 Boddicker
Member since 2012 • 4458 Posts

I too had high hopes for Destiny, but the more I learn about it the more I don't like it. For instance the game will have a built in story/campaign. Epic fail right there Bungie. The entire point of an MMORPG is letting players make their own stories.

And comparing a multiplat MMORPG to an exclusive FPS...................why?

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#34 Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts

Cod will sell more and reign supreme again

dobzilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By dobzilian
Member since 2012 • 3409 Posts

Destiny is being developed by the people who made HaLoL? Jeeze that are some low expectations on this site, the only game to compare how crappy halo is that crud franchise called Killzone....

ShoTTyMcNaDeS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#36 ShoTTyMcNaDeS
Member since 2011 • 2784 Posts

Different games people!!! I don't know why most of you continue to make comparisons with games from totally different genres! Destiny is a FPS/MMO hybrid like Borderlands. Titanfall is an online only FPS that happens to play a lot like CoD. You cant compare them at all as they should be scored on a completely different scale. So if Destiny, a multiplat spanning the PS3,PS4, 360 and Xbox One scores a 9 and Titanfall a game that is only on 360, Xbox One and PC gets a 7, it doesn't necessarily mean TF is an inferior game. Also the FACT that TF is on fewer platforms OBVIOUSLY means its sales most likely means it wont match up in sales numbers to Destiny!

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@betamaxx83 said:

Don't you mean TitanFlop

It already got reviewed?

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#38  Edited By iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4574 Posts

I'm super hyped for Destiny, but Titanfall was the one getting award after award at every show the game had been shown at. I think they will both be great in their own way. The 2 games aren't really competing because they are so different. Plus Titanfall would have been out for months when Destiny released. I can't wait for both.

Gargus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Gargus
Member since 2006 • 2147 Posts

I don't know.

All I do is know is that I have more interest in destiny and I will play it at some point while titanfall Ill probably never play because I have no interest in it. True they are both shooters but at least titanfall has some semblance of a story, it has exploration aspects to it and I don't need to play it online.

Destiny Ill get once it hits like 40 bucks, titanfall will be something I play when I can get it for like 10 bucks either new or used.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 k2theswiss

@tymeservesfate said:

Loading Video...

anyway, why are cows treating Destiny like its an exclusive and a major win for the PS4? lems arent doing that with MGS. besides....they're both multiplats. even if Destiny is better, lems get it AND Titanfall. so who really wins there?

also how is Destiny showing its the next evolution in FPS's? from what we've seen so far the game is very similar to borderlands, just at a bigger scale. XD

lol that was a good one.

destiny is powered by bungie whose a kick ass studio, also they got other E3 so prepare for far more news. Gearbox stands no chance to ever matching bungie

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#41 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

@StrongBlackVine said:

@speedfog said:

In sales? Not sure.

Will kill Titanfall in sales by virtue of simply being available on PS3/PS4

Dream longer.

Cyberdot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Cyberdot
Member since 2013 • 3928 Posts

No doubt.

Titanfall is very generic unlike Destiny.

timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#43  Edited By timbers_WSU
Member since 2012 • 6076 Posts

Funny how Cows hate Halo but seem to love Destiny (Even though they have never played it.) And about every preview says Destiny feels like Halo is execution.

Cows are silly.

Hey k2theswiss - What does Gearbox have to do with anything? Respawn makes Titanfall.

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 tymeservesfate

@k2theswiss said:

@tymeservesfate said:

Loading Video...

lol that was a good one.

destiny is powered by bungie whose a kick ass studio, also they got other E3 so prepare for far more news. Gearbox stands no chance to ever matching bungie

most likely

Bungie are monster devs. they havent failed at anything in a long time. as far as destroying titanfall...idk, i just don't see it happening. i think they'll both be big successes with the winner of the two remaining to be seen.

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 tymeservesfate

@timbers_WSU said:

Funny how Cows hate Halo but seem to love Destiny (Even though they have never played it.) And about every preview says Destiny feels like Halo is execution.

Cows are silly.

Hey k2theswiss - What does Gearbox have to do with anything? Respawn makes Titanfall.

i compared Destiny to Borderlands....mostly because of the guns n loot you acquire in Destiny. so he was speaking on that

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Of course Destiny will destroy CoD, how is this even a thing? Destiny will probably be the best fps of the year.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

@MrYaotubo said:

Not really interested in MMO´s so I don´t really care about Destiny,not really all that interested in Titanfall either but I rather play that one.

This thing is as much of an mmo as Demon's Souls/Dark Souls/BL1 and BL2. I think you should try the game even if you hate mmo's

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

Except thats not true. Do you REALLY think the gaming media are praising Titanfall so much just because its exclusive to Microsoft? Do you really think that?

"this game would have been another fps game, if it were available on every system."

You mean just like how CoD4:MW was just another fps game when it was available on every system? Oh wait.

I can't wait for destiny, but what is this evolution? Emphasis on co-op? Theres as much new in Titanfall as there is in destiny, and calling it CoD with mechs only proves your ignorance.

I'm following both games. I can't wait for both. I own an XOne so I get to enjoy both, unlike cows. And Destiny will not be killing Titanfall because I can tell you now that whatever sort of competitive modes Destiny will have will not come close to Titanfall. Ones competitive and ones cooperative, so Im still baffled as to why they get compared on a daily basis.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By k2theswiss

@tymeservesfate said:

@timbers_WSU said:

Cows are silly.

i compared Destiny to Borderlands....mostly because of the guns n loot you acquire in Destiny. so he was speaking on that

^yup thanks

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#50 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49566 Posts

I'm pretty sure TitanFall has received a lot of hype because all of the gaming press was drooling over it at E3, constantly telling everyone how "fun" it is.