Destiny PC Release Date: March 2015

• 82 results
#1 Edited by cainetao11 (18011 posts) -

Bungie and Activision’s most anticipated action-RPG game Destinyis coming to the PC. Activision has been holding out on the release date for the PC, but some gamers have found that the game is on Steam’s database which gives some credibility to the claim.According to the details on the Steam Database, the PC port of Destinywill be coming out on March 2015.

For the console versions, the title will be released on September 9, this year.

Here is link: http://www.breathecast.com/articles/destiny-pc-release-date-bungie-and-activision-via-steam-on-march-2015-17324/ My buddy stationed in Korea just posted this to me because he is a major hermit and loves what he reads about Destiny. May have to double dip to play with my old Sgt. on PC

#2 Posted by farrell2k (6675 posts) -

Another boring scifi fps - Pass.

#3 Edited by lostrib (39226 posts) -

Steam DB...

i'll wait for an actual confirmation

#4 Posted by lundy86_4 (43754 posts) -

Rumoured launch.

If so, then that's awesome, considering this game needs to be on more systems. PS4 beta was great.

#5 Posted by lundy86_4 (43754 posts) -

@farrell2k said:

Did you play the beta?

#6 Posted by topgunmv (10266 posts) -

Wouldn't surprise me if it was locked at 30fps.

#7 Posted by kipsta77 (1016 posts) -

Not really interested in it at all.

#8 Edited by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

Is this a multiplayer only game or does it have a singleplayer main story?

#9 Posted by GodspellWH (461 posts) -

Played the beta wasn't really impressed BL2 I had more fun playing the fan build of Unreal Tournament and that is just a prototype

#10 Edited by SolidTy (44569 posts) -

This isn't really a confirmation since Steam database is not credible. Games like 2007's Halo 3 never released and were found on Steam Database. I could see Destiny PC happening (Activision loves $$$) , but I would take this with a grain of salt since Steam Database has destroyed many a fanboy dream in the past.

This news is old too, I heard about this and shucked it off back in July this year. It doesn't seem that long ago typing it, but in SW that's ages ago.

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

It's more an MP game with some SP lore stuff sprinkled in. It's not really an SP game, you have to be online to play it too. It's meant to be a co-op adventure.

I didn't care for the Alpha and Beta. It played well. I think the PS360 graphics are holding the game design and graphics back, but they were decent considering it's a PS360 game. I thought it was cool for what Bungie was trying to do (Borderlands meets Halo in MMO type deal), but it's not my cup of tea.

I thought it was kind of boring and mindless, but the Bungie tried and true Haloish gameplay was solid enough. Eh. I played the PS4 alpha, PS4 Beta, and Xbone Beta (for comparison).

I don't think I'll buy it, but if I did it would be for less than $20 and a GUARANTEE that a FEW FRIENDS would play it with me due to the co-op gameplay. Otherwise, I'll never get it unless it's free with PS+ or whatever years from now when Destiny 2 is releasing.

Not here to rain on anyone's parade though.

#11 Edited by BldgIrsh (2794 posts) -

Probably will get it on sale... not that interested on it.

#12 Posted by xhawk27 (7359 posts) -

If you go by the Steam database Halo 3 has been on the PC for a few years now. lol

#13 Posted by PapaTrop (1643 posts) -

I think the Steam database is where files go when they get deleted. It's like video game heaven, and we'll never see the games that are found there.

#14 Posted by farrell2k (6675 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:

@farrell2k said:

Did you play the beta?

I don't play boring scifi shooters. They're all the same.

#15 Edited by lundy86_4 (43754 posts) -

@farrell2k said:

@lundy86_4 said:

@farrell2k said:

Did you play the beta?

I don't play boring scifi shooters. They're all the same.

I figured as much.

It was a lot of fun.

#16 Edited by mems_1224 (47456 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:

@farrell2k said:

Did you play the beta?

I did, its a boring scifi fps :P

#17 Edited by wolverine4262 (19654 posts) -

Steam database is not credible and this must be old because my brother told me about it weeks ago, and he is always out of the loop.

#18 Posted by TheFadeForever (1854 posts) -

@xhawk27:

It was correct about dead rising 3 coming to the pc and so was GTA V

#19 Posted by lundy86_4 (43754 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

You have no taste, so that's understandable...

lol.

#20 Edited by uninspiredcup (9722 posts) -

Experienced pc gamers such as myself have little to no interest in a title created by the people who ruined the genre. It's understandable the pc would be ignored.

#21 Posted by R3FURBISHED (10663 posts) -

I don't believe you TC

#22 Posted by soulitane (13635 posts) -

@TheFadeForever said:

@xhawk27:

Still waiting on Halo 3 to release for PC. Chances are it will get a PC release but this isn't really a confirmation.

#23 Edited by lostrib (39226 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

Actual real pc gamers such as myself have little to no interest in a title created by the people who ruined the genre.

Oh really...

#24 Edited by uninspiredcup (9722 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@uninspiredcup said:

Actual real pc gamers such as myself have little to no interest in a title created by the people who ruined the genre.

Oh really...

My friend, while I admire John Hinckley feat Jodie Foster level of stalker, the sad truth is, people play on more than one platform. And consoles, do not primarily run of one genre.

#25 Edited by Daious (1705 posts) -

You guys do realize that the March 2015 rumor was debunked. The original source cited a neogaf thread/user that never existed.

Its coming but no one knows when.

#26 Edited by foxhound_fox (89457 posts) -

#27 Edited by Vatusus (4811 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

@lundy86_4 said:

@farrell2k said:

Did you play the beta?

Werent you a fan of Halo, ya kno, the king of boring scifi fps?

#28 Edited by lostrib (39226 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

@lostrib said:

@uninspiredcup said:

Oh really...

My friend, while I admire your John Hinckley feat Jodie Foster level of stalker, the sad truth is, people play on more than one platform. And consoles, do not primarily run of one genre.

so you're a "real PC gamer" who primarily games on consoles?

I mean you're a big fan of throwing people's words back in their face after all

Or is this where you claim to be open minded...

...although, apparently not open minded enough to give Destiny a try.

So what's next? Regale us with stories of your time in the Falkland's war before you became a child in the 90's

I mean all you do is contradict yourself

#29 Posted by PapaTrop (1643 posts) -

@soulitane said:

@TheFadeForever said:

@xhawk27:

Still waiting on Halo 3 to release for PC. Chances are it will get a PC release but this isn't really a confirmation.

Maybe it was planned up until Microsoft decided to go all out on that Master Chief Collection, and put in all four main Halo games.

At one point is was only rumored that the Xbox One would get a Halo 2 remaster. Not four games in one collection.

But yeah, still. It's highly doubtful. I wouldn't be surprised if just about every dev put "possible PC releases" into the Steam database. Doesn't mean it'll ever show. It's just there if and when it might be needed much like companies that buyout tons of web domains with names they might want.

#30 Edited by uninspiredcup (9722 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@lostrib said:

@uninspiredcup said:

Oh really...

My friend, while I admire your John Hinckley feat Jodie Foster level of stalker, the sad truth is, people play on more than one platform. And consoles, do not primarily run of one genre.

so you're a "real PC gamer"

I've met John Carmack at Quakecon twice. I'd post the photos but the incredibly cynical and juvenile nature of people on the forum would put me in danger. Just looking at that screenshot now, it suggests some form of obsession bordering on psychosis. Deeply troubled.

#31 Posted by lostrib (39226 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

@lostrib said:

@uninspiredcup said:

so you're a "real PC gamer"

I've met John Carmack at Quakecon twice. I'd post the photos but the incredibly cynical and juvenile nature of people on the forum would put me in danger. Just looking at that screenshot now, it suggests some form of psychosis.

So this was in the 90's when you had reverted to being a child, after fighting in the Falkland's War in 1982?

#32 Posted by lundy86_4 (43754 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

I've met John Carmack at Quakecon twice. I'd post the photos but the incredibly cynical and juvenile nature of people on the forum would put me in danger. Just looking at that screenshot now, it suggests some form of obsession bordering on psychosis. Deeply troubled.

Out of interest, show the photos.

#33 Posted by Heil68 (45797 posts) -

Sounds about right.

#34 Posted by lostrib (39226 posts) -

@cainetao11: Lol, i just noticed your sig.

#35 Posted by pelvist (4944 posts) -

@uninspiredcup is my favorite system warrior.

OT: Dont really care if this game ever comes to PC, what I have seen of it is boring and they are already announcing DLC for it.

#36 Posted by silversix_ (15017 posts) -

@Vatusus said:

@mems_1224 said:

@lundy86_4 said:

@farrell2k said:

Did you play the beta?

he only liked it because it was xbox exclusive. If this was exclusive for the Bone he'd be moist for this game. On thread, well i can't wait so many months so fk it and i'll get the ps4 version which looked (graphically) poor. If this was being released the same day on ps4 and pc i'd certainly get it on pc.

#37 Posted by MrYaotubo (2709 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@uninspiredcup said:

Oh really...

It just baffles me that some people haven´t realised this idiot isn´t a PC gamer,he´s a consolite trying to make PC gamers look bad,it´s painfully obvious from most of what he posts.

#38 Posted by mems_1224 (47456 posts) -

@Vatusus said:

@mems_1224 said:

@lundy86_4 said:

@farrell2k said:

Did you play the beta?

nah, thats killzone. halo is at least playable

#39 Edited by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

@SolidTy said:

This isn't really a confirmation since Steam database is not credible. Games like 2007's Halo 3 never released and were found on Steam Database. I could see Destiny PC happening (Activision loves $$$) , but I would take this with a grain of salt since Steam Database has destroyed many a fanboy dream in the past.

This news is old too, I heard about this and shucked it off back in July this year. It doesn't seem that long ago typing it, but in SW that's ages ago.

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

It's more an MP game with some SP lore stuff sprinkled in. It's not really an SP game, you have to be online to play it too. It's meant to be a co-op adventure.

I didn't care for the Alpha and Beta. It played well. I think the PS360 graphics are holding the game design and graphics back, but they were decent considering it's a PS360 game. I thought it was cool for what Bungie was trying to do (Borderlands meets Halo in MMO type deal), but it's not my cup of tea.

I thought it was kind of boring and mindless, but the Bungie tried and true Haloish gameplay was solid enough. Eh. I played the PS4 alpha, PS4 Beta, and Xbone Beta (for comparison).

I don't think I'll buy it, but if I did it would be for less than $20 and a GUARANTEE that a FEW FRIENDS would play it with me due to the co-op gameplay. Otherwise, I'll never get it unless it's free with PS+ or whatever years from now when Destiny 2 is releasing.

Sounds like something I would be interested in....skipping. Maybe a $5 purchase later down the road.

#40 Posted by mems_1224 (47456 posts) -

@silversix_ said:

he only liked it because it was xbox exclusive. If this was exclusive for the Bone he'd be moist for this game. On thread, well i can't wait so many months so fk it and i'll get the ps4 version which looked (graphically) poor. If this was being released the same day on ps4 and pc i'd certainly get it on pc.

A game's exclusivity means nothing to me. Halo isn't an exclusive franchise, it has 2 PC versions and I still love it. Try again stupid.

#41 Edited by lawlessx (46858 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:

@uninspiredcup said:

Out of interest, show the photos.

he's not going to because they're no photos. guy is a compulsive liar

#42 Posted by silversix_ (15017 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

@silversix_ said:

A game's exclusivity means nothing to me. Halo isn't an exclusive franchise, it has 2 PC versions and I still love it. Try again stupid.

Even timed exclusive dlc's makes you moist you liar.

#43 Posted by Cloud_imperium (4381 posts) -

If it's in Steam Database then that pretty much confirms it (except Halo 3) .

Don't care about this game though . Not one bit .

#44 Posted by cainetao11 (18011 posts) -

@SolidTy said:

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

Thanks pal!!! So much for taking one for a friend!!!!

Seriously, I know and agree. But I don't make threads often and my pal Taggart is so hyped for it, I figured why not. I will play with my Army buds on X1, and next year my one Army bud who wants PC. Why not, you know?

#45 Posted by harry_james_pot (11044 posts) -

Meh.. not really interested in the game.

#46 Edited by SolidTy (44569 posts) -

@cainetao11 said:

@SolidTy said:

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

Seriously, I know and agree. But I don't make threads often and my pal Taggart is so hyped for it, I figured why not. I will play with my Army buds on X1, and next year my one Army bud who wants PC. Why not, you know?

Hahaha...sorry, lol. I wasn't trying to c***block, lol.

If you have friends that are dying for Destiny, that's exactly what would make this game way more fun.

I think it will come to PC, this game's design lends itself to PC so well, but I think Bungie's just sort of swamped as they went from every few years designing games on a single console to making this game across four machines (PS3, 360, Xbone, PS4). I could see them taking their time with a PC port once they free up some resources, which would theoretically explain the six month window after consoles launch. Many teams do this. Get the console version out, optimize a PC version after.

#47 Edited by cainetao11 (18011 posts) -

#

@SolidTy said:

@cainetao11 said:

@SolidTy said:

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

If you have friends that are dying for Destiny, that's exactly what would make this game way more fun.

I think it will come to PC, this game's design lends itself to PC so well, but I think Bungie's just sort of swamped as they went from every few years designing games on a single console to making this game across four machines (PS3, 360, Xbone, PS4). I could see them taking their time with a PC port once they free up some resources, which would theoretically explain the six month window after consoles launch. Many teams do this. Get the console version out, optimize a PC version after.

Oh 'Ty I was by no means being serious!! I know Destiny didn't "do it" for you, we have spoken about it dude. I still have to be there 100 % for my fellow soldiers. So, yes, I liked it more than you, and will play it in September with friends, And in March next year with Sgt Taggart because that guy would lay down in traffic for another American. So I will buy it again and play with him. Sorry if you took my Bullshitting you seriously, figured you and I have broken balls enough to know.

On a serious note: what do you think of the Dragon age info? Don't give me the old "I don't like EA" shit either. How about Far Cry 4? Far Cry 3 was my GOTY, even though I am a huge Halo fanboy and 4 came out that year. FC 3 was better imo.

#48 Posted by SolidTy (44569 posts) -

@cainetao11 said:

@SolidTy said:

Oh 'Ty I was by no means being serious!! I know Destiny didn't "do it" for you, we have spoken about it dude. I still have to be there 100 % for my fellow soldiers. So, yes, I liked it more than you, and will play it in September with friends, And in March next year with Sgt Taggart because that guy would lay down in traffic for another American. So I will buy it again and play with him. Sorry if you took my Bullshitting you seriously, figured you and I have broken balls enough to know.

Yeah, I thought you weren't being serious, but I always like to do just-in-case posts, lol.

With regards to the Sarge, it sounds like that guy is going to have a blast with Destiny PC and sounds like the kind of guy that would make playing it loads of fun online. You know a guy like that, who will lay down in traffic, has got your back! :)

#49 Posted by parkurtommo (27387 posts) -

@topgunmv said:

Wouldn't surprise me if it was locked at 30fps.

That wouldn't make any sense unless they made the animations in 30 fps, which would be myopic and stupid. They have a very large gap between the console versions and PC version, they have time to make a great port. If they don't make a great port, TotalBiscuit (best example) and what not will complain and complain and people won't buy it and it will be the most pirated game in existence. That is how PC gaming works, either you do the port well or not at all. Unless you're From Software because the base game is already too good to pass on.

#50 Edited by commonfate (12491 posts) -

@MrYaotubo said:

@lostrib said:

@uninspiredcup said:

Oh really...

It just baffles me that some people haven´t realised this idiot isn´t a PC gamer,he´s a consolite trying to make PC gamers look bad,it´s painfully obvious from most of what he posts.

It's his SW gimmick and it clearly works. The idea that he's in this for thousands of posts on a dead as fuck forum under some kind of agenda of painting PC gamers in a bad light... just lol.