Destiny or will it be Titanfall?

• 50 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by iwasgood2u (703 posts) -

After watching videos of these two games... there's some similarities. Both are sci-fi shooters. Titanfall has that COD feel to it but Destiny is no different . One was developed by former activision employees and the other is by current activision? lol man looks like those two games will become two big rivalries after they are release. I want to dedicate to only one game but might end up getting both and find time to play them. Gotta choose one and commit to it. I'm leaning more toward Titanfall, because I'm a huge mech fan. What about you guys? Which are you getting?

#2 Posted by Muffin2020 (527 posts) -

My Laptop won't run Titanfall and while it does look good it does not look buy a 720 + game + live for £500 odd good.

So I'll have to go with Destiny.

#3 Posted by SinjinSmythe (789 posts) -

Titanfall>Destiny

#4 Posted by silversix_ (13881 posts) -

Destiny will destroy the competition. I believe this game will be even more popular and liked than Borderlands 2 and the game i wanna play the most on my ps4

#5 Posted by Bigboi500 (29069 posts) -

Destiny for me.

#6 Posted by Opus_Rea-333 (917 posts) -

D3stiny and Titanfall both for Xbox One amazing 2014, you can add Halo 5 and Black Ops 3 aswell.

#7 Posted by ankor77 (935 posts) -

I dont think they are similar at all. Titanfall is multiplayer esport type competitive shooter. Destiny is more like borderlands and cooperative play. I dont think they will effect eachother much. I will play the heck out of thrm both.

#8 Edited by Consternated (489 posts) -

Neither look special.

#9 Posted by edidili (3446 posts) -

and the other is by current activision?

No is not. Bungie is the one developing it, Activision is just publishing it.

@ankor77 said:

I dont think they are similar at all. Titanfall is multiplayer esport type competitive shooter. Destiny is more like borderlands and cooperative play. I dont think they will effect eachother much. I will play the heck out of thrm both.

True. They're quite different. They're as much alike each other as borderlands is with CoD MP.

#10 Posted by silversix_ (13881 posts) -

D3stiny and Titanfall both for Xbox One amazing 2014, you can add Halo 5 and Black Ops 3 aswell.

wonder if at least one of these will run at over 720p lol

#11 Posted by lunar1122 (657 posts) -

Titanfall seems more fun, Destiny will be a grind like all MMO's are. Dont like mmo's

#12 Posted by BigShotSmoov007 (231 posts) -

I'm getting both, looking foward to both games.

#13 Posted by lhughey (4221 posts) -

Its hard to ignore the critical acclaim Titanfall is receiving. The last game I remember getting that recognition before the game released was UC2.

#14 Edited by pc-ps360 (3455 posts) -

they are 2 different game.

if u want to compare games

titanfall looks like cod but better

destiny looks like borderland but better

#15 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (6027 posts) -

The alien enemies in Destiny seem weak. The reveal footage where the enemies have multiple arms kinda turned me off. The Halo drop ships.............come on guys.

The character customizations looks amazing though. This is enough to warrant a purchase.

TitanFall is sent from the gaming Gods. A must buy.

#16 Edited by ShoTTyMcNaDeS (1934 posts) -

Anyone thinking that Titanfall which is CoD in Mech suits and jetpacks will outsell Destiny which is a Borderlands-esque shooter/action RPG hybrid made by the genius's at Bungie should just sell their consoles now! Another superior multiplat the PS4 has over the Xbone!!

#17 Posted by TheShensolidus (224 posts) -

I'm kind of an authority on these games....

Yeah, Destiny is going to be way bigger.

#18 Posted by ankor77 (935 posts) -

Anyone thinking that Titanfall which is CoD in Mech suits and jetpacks will outsell Destiny which is a Borderlands-esque shooter/action RPG hybrid made by the genius's at Bungie should just sell their consoles now! Another superior multiplat the PS4 has over the Xbone!!

Im glad that sony fans are starting to see how great Bungie is. It started for me when Marathon released on Mac when I was a kid. From then on I liked bungie quite a bit. That being said I am still looking forward to titanfall more because I love competitive FPS. Will pick up both.

#19 Edited by Zelda187 (682 posts) -

Destiny

At least it has an open world to explore and...you know...an actual storyline.

Titanfall has no single player campaign whatsoever so you're basically confined to running around the same little tiny ass maps and shooting at the first opposing player that runs across the screen, CoD style.

But hey, it has mech suits and you can run up walls so XB fanboys will tell you it's "revolutionary".

LOL

#20 Posted by Heil68 (43178 posts) -

Destiny for me as TtianFall is a competitive FPS with no SP.

#21 Posted by shawn30 (4361 posts) -

After watching videos of these two games... there's some similarities. Both are sci-fi shooters. Titanfall has that COD feel to it but Destiny is no different . One was developed by former activision employees and the other is by current activision? lol man looks like those two games will become two big rivalries after they are release. I want to dedicate to only one game but might end up getting both and find time to play them. Gotta choose one and commit to it. I'm leaning more toward Titanfall, because I'm a huge mech fan. What about you guys? Which are you getting?

I'm going to buy both myself, and both have hype, but Titanfall has much more from what I can tell. And whats so good about it is that the hype comes from people who played the game and work in the industry. Almost universal praise for it. But Destiny is a must buy for me as well and I'm very much looking forward to it.

#22 Edited by Cubs360 (3755 posts) -

@Zelda187: didn't titanfall set records on awards won? So I think its more than Xbox fans that are stating its like nothing they have played before.

#23 Posted by Ninja-Hippo (23426 posts) -

Bungie couldn't make a truly excellent game on just one platform with a near-infinite budget using one of the most beloved game franchise names in the industry.

I do not have high hopes for their first venture into multi-plat, multi-gen MMO-style gameplay.

#24 Edited by Avian005 (4068 posts) -

Destiny without a doubt, although I am still planning on getting Titanfall. Titanfall looks like a game I will have fun playing up to a month at most, considering the lack of single player. Destiny looks like a Borderlands, which I love, with better gameplay, a bigger world, and uses the elements I actually like about MMOs. I really hope Bungie scores big with Destiny, but I have to admit nothing about Destiny has blown me away so far.

#25 Posted by blackace (19996 posts) -

@iwasgood2u: I'll be getting both games. Both games should be a lot of fun and that's the main reason for buying them both. Titanfall was getting an upgrade and is suppose to be show at the VGX awards, so we'll see how much better it looks at that time.

#26 Edited by Muffin2020 (527 posts) -

@blackace said:

@iwasgood2u: I'll be getting both games. Both games should be a lot of fun and that's the main reason for buying them both. Titanfall was getting an upgrade and is suppose to be show at the VGX awards, so we'll see how much better it looks at that time.

You know the only footage shown so far has been the PC version.

Don't expect the 720 version to look at good or even hit 1080.

#27 Edited by Basinboy (10976 posts) -

Destiny, no contest.

#28 Posted by FragTycoon (6430 posts) -

Destiny... Lems will find it hard presses not to buy the Halo game they are really waiting for.

#29 Posted by StormyJoe (4736 posts) -

I am going to get both, but I really don't hold out that much hope for Destiny. Halo got real stale after Halo 2. I don't know if Bungie knows how to revamp FPS combat mechanics to make it on par with something like BF4.

So, I vote TitanFall.

#30 Posted by TheGuardian03 (21419 posts) -

I hope Destiny is very succesful for Bungie's sake.

#31 Posted by dvalo9 (1269 posts) -

Destiny, titanfall looks shite...I just hate competitive fps games

#32 Posted by lamprey263 (22642 posts) -

both look awesome, PC and X1 players will have access to both

#33 Posted by BeardMaster (1580 posts) -

I dont really consider them to be in direct competition with one another.

But I think titanfall probably will be the better title.

Destiny sounds the more ambitious of the 2, but ambition historically doesnt deliver. Whereas titanfall seems a more focused and solid title, albeit not very revolutionary.

#34 Posted by Trail_Mix (2021 posts) -

Destiny!

One of the games I'm looking forward to the most.

#35 Posted by Netherscourge (16328 posts) -

-Titanfall is a FPS shooter. PERIOD.

-Destiny is an online, multiplayer, open-universe with open-worlds FPS role playing game...

They're actually VERY different games adn Destiny looks like the much more ambitious game.

Titanfall is CoD with Mech suits. Could be fun, but Destiny has a serious wow-factor involved with it.

#36 Posted by blackace (19996 posts) -

@blackace said:

You know the only footage shown so far has been the PC version.

Don't expect the 720 version to look at good or even hit 1080.

All I know is that Respawn is upgrading several things for the XBox One version. They said you will be surprised when you see the game again. So it may not even be 720P when it's revealed again. Don't be a hating pessemistic fool.

#37 Edited by Netherscourge (16328 posts) -

Actually, Destiny is console-only. It's not coming out for PC. Titanfall will be on PC though.

#38 Posted by General_Solo76 (110 posts) -

I choose whichever one has a single player story. If neither of them does, then I'll ignore them both!

#39 Posted by CleanPlayer (9772 posts) -

More interested in Destiny to be honest. Titanfall will be awesome too, but I'm worried I'll get sick of it because it's basically COD plus MechAssault. Destiny looks more of like Halo plus Borderlands, and I think Bungie has a more dependable track record for FPS

#40 Posted by good_sk8er7 (4320 posts) -

Destiny looks a lot cooler to me.

#41 Posted by Legend500 (127 posts) -

Destiny=Open world, rpg, connected innovative experience.

Titanfall=cod clone.

#42 Posted by k2theswiss (16598 posts) -

both look great and will not choose.

titanfall looks great and does not look like it will play anything like cod... looks very fresh and unique

Destiny is being made by bungie, bungie has 100% control of the ip. can not wait to play it

#43 Posted by Netherscourge (16328 posts) -

If Titanfall comes out the same time as Destiny, I'll probably never play it.

I'd like to play both, but Destiny being an RPG is definately going to take up all my free time.

#44 Posted by BeardMaster (1580 posts) -

More interested in Destiny to be honest. Titanfall will be awesome too, but I'm worried I'll get sick of it because it's basically COD plus MechAssault. Destiny looks more of like Halo plus Borderlands, and I think Bungie has a more dependable track record for FPS

Well respawn doesnt really have a track record. Bungie's while good, seemed to be going a bit downhill prior to MS cutting them loose which is the only reason i dont have unwavering confidence in bungie atm.

I think titanfall will probably be the better game, but I will play destiny more because the genre is more appealing to me.

#45 Posted by k2theswiss (16598 posts) -

@lunar1122: Destiny is not a mmo.. get that out of your head

#46 Posted by Joedgabe (5092 posts) -

Destiny looks a lot better, and it seems there's been more effort put into it.

#47 Posted by mems_1224 (46173 posts) -

Why choose? X1 gets both.

#48 Edited by darkangel115 (1469 posts) -

Why choose? X1 gets both.

this^

I plan to get both games but you can't compare them. its like comparing Halo to Borderlands. one is PvP and 1 is Co-Op

#49 Posted by Netherscourge (16328 posts) -

@lunar1122: Destiny is not a mmo.. get that out of your head

It's a Multiplayer Online FPS Open-World(s) Role Playing Game and it'll feature solo/party/raid content and upgrading/customizing your gear with level advancement and loot drops/crafting.

Not sure what it is exactly, but it IS pretty much a MMORPG, just with a different gameplay scheme. (FPS instead of auto-attack 3rd person)

#50 Posted by lamprey263 (22642 posts) -

@lamprey263 said:

Actually, Destiny is console-only. It's not coming out for PC. Titanfall will be on PC though.

oh, then I guess X1 players will only have access to both