Destiny on PS4 looks better than any Xbone game

• 162 results
#101 Posted by MonsieurX (30830 posts) -

Nothing super impressive

#102 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (6421 posts) -

@Shielder7 said:

@hrt_rulz01 said:

@SolidTy said:

I have to be honest, I am not impressed at all. It's PS360 origins are holding Bungie back. We haven't seen anything yet. It's above average imo.

Yeah I agree. The graphics are nice, but I wouldn't say they're anything special... Only Beta but I suppose.

I don't think there's going to be much of a big jump before September.

The one thing that might really help it tho is taking off the 30FPS cap, since there is no cross play no reason not to.

Would be nice to have it closer to 60FPS.

#103 Edited by gameaddict11 (10 posts) -

Those graphics are incredible, never seen anything like it

#104 Posted by fgjnfgh (2630 posts) -

I thought first its going to be 60fps, but I prefer Titanfall on X1 which is much better for a multiplayer to be 60fps

#105 Posted by fgjnfgh (2630 posts) -
@scottpsfan14 said:

I'm gonna be honest, looking at Destiny just makes me wish Bungie were still making Halo games :(

Imagine Halo (Bungie made Halo/real Halo) with visuals like or better than this because it wouldn't be a 360 port.

the real Halo makers are with 343 industries and not with Bungie any more. That's what I keep hearing

#106 Posted by kinectthedots (2135 posts) -
@EducatingU_PCMR said:

@gpuking said:

The lighting, dynamic shadows, vast scale, pristine 1080p iq and beautiful art really paints one of the most stunning games I've ever seen. I didn't think a MMO can look better than a traditional linear game like Ryse, but aside from the character model, Destiny outguns Ryse "the current best looking Xbone game" almost everywhere else. Can anyone show me a better looking Bone game?

@gpuking said:

People please read carefully, I did not at any point claim Destiny is the new graphics king on consoles. All I'm saying is that it's more impressive than any Xbone games I've seen released thus far. Yes, Killzone SF and Infamous SS still look better, perhaps Ryse too at some aspect, games like UC4, The Order and TW3 look worlds better. But you gotta admit it's a very beautiful game.

Thread backfire and you're trying to control the situation lol

No one agrees with you but the usual brainless cows/trolls

Just another insecure cow thread.

Who exactly is agreeing with him here?

Get your head out of your ass on your "cow" shit. One poster made this thread not a group and if you can't see, the people who you would consider "cows" aren't agreeing with him.

Can you even name 2 sony fans in this thread who agreed with TC's argument? Aim your argument at who it should applied to and stop being so desperate to scream out "cows". You show yourself no less of a fanboy than the poster you were talking shit about.

#107 Edited by xboxiphoneps3 (2386 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

from a tech standpoint those graphics are nothing special. Bungie just has really good artists.

this, although i will say the texture work and lighting is quite impressive in Destiny, everything else about the game engine seems cross-gen, game looks great still though to me and the lighting effects are quite good.

#108 Posted by foxhound_fox (89405 posts) -

And ask any random person on the street to tell the two versions apart and you'll get a bunch of dumb looks.

#109 Posted by EducatingU_PCMR (788 posts) -

@kinectthedots said:
@EducatingU_PCMR said:

@gpuking said:

The lighting, dynamic shadows, vast scale, pristine 1080p iq and beautiful art really paints one of the most stunning games I've ever seen. I didn't think a MMO can look better than a traditional linear game like Ryse, but aside from the character model, Destiny outguns Ryse "the current best looking Xbone game" almost everywhere else. Can anyone show me a better looking Bone game?

@gpuking said:

People please read carefully, I did not at any point claim Destiny is the new graphics king on consoles. All I'm saying is that it's more impressive than any Xbone games I've seen released thus far. Yes, Killzone SF and Infamous SS still look better, perhaps Ryse too at some aspect, games like UC4, The Order and TW3 look worlds better. But you gotta admit it's a very beautiful game.

Thread backfire and you're trying to control the situation lol

No one agrees with you but the usual brainless cows/trolls

Just another insecure cow thread.

Who exactly is agreeing with him here?

Get your head out of your ass on your "cow" shit. One poster made this thread not a group and if you can't see, the people who you would consider "cows" aren't agreeing with him.

Can you even name 2 sony fans in this thread who agreed with TC's argument? Aim your argument at who it should applied to and stop being so desperate to scream out "cows". You show yourself no less of a fanboy than the poster you were talking shit about.

lglz1337 and AmazonAngry, those are exactly 2, bet you feel dumb now.

Doesn't matter what I consider them, those 2 are known to be big Sony fanboys.

#110 Edited by gpuking (2985 posts) -

Looking at Ryse again the 900p blurriness really brings down all its shader works and textures.

Destiny being 1080p along is having a very decent advantage.

#111 Posted by AM-Gamer (4108 posts) -

@blackace: You took in game cutscenes vs pre rendered cutscenes and said it was downgraded. None of them are from the same scene.

#112 Edited by m3dude1 (1478 posts) -

@gpuking said:

Looking at Ryse again the 900p blurriness really brings down all its shader works and textures.

the fact that ryse often times has far less aliasing than what you can achieve on the pc without investing huge amts of money into multi gpu setups goes along way towards justifying the slight blur. as a very near example, your looking at a minimum of 2 780s to play crysis 3 with AA(4x txaa + downsampling) as effective as ryse.

destiny does have good results considering its just using shitty old fxaa.

#113 Posted by delta3074 (18499 posts) -

So the Xbone version will look better than any Xbone exclusive as well?

GPUking you are officially a F***ing idiot, using a Multiplatform game thats also on the Xbone to try and claim ownage for the PS4.

#114 Edited by razu2444 (806 posts) -

This game looks better:

#115 Edited by scottpsfan14 (5819 posts) -
@gpuking said:

Ryse is in another leauge to Destiny. Why is it that you endlessly argued with hermits about games being coded for modern hardware only are better than 7th gen multiplats could ever be. And then you put your Sony goggles on and say something like this. What you're saying sounds just like what PC diehards say about their 360 ports compared to 8th gen games.

Ryse curbstomps Destiny in the technical graphics department. If Destiny was running in 4K, the fact would still remain that Ryse is more graphically advanced (and better looking to most) than Destiny. And the funnier thing is, Destiny will look exactly the same on Xbox lol.

Sorry gpuking. You done made a dud here.

You're future arguments all will be bottlenecked by this thread from now on unfortunately. What a bummer.

#116 Posted by gpuking (2985 posts) -

There are a lot of flawed arguments in your response scott, you're borderline talking semantics here. It is true a game made purely for nextgen should look better than a crossgen, that is assuming the devs are competent and hold nothing back. There is a distinctive power difference of 600 gflops between the Xbone and PS4 so you can't exactly treat them as equal in sake of generalizing gen 8 consoles. Now not everything is black and white here when arguing the significance of whether a native next gen should always look better than a cross gen, especially considering the latter being 900p. If Ryse is 1080p then I would put it ahead of Destiny no problem. It's a different scenario when I do PS4 vs PC games simply due to the fact they're on equal footing 1080p vs 1080p so in that case a native next gen game would not have being held back by the sub 1080p res. Just look at the pic comparison above, you can hardly make out the trees in Ryse whereas in Destiny you see them much clearer.

#117 Posted by scottpsfan14 (5819 posts) -
@gpuking said:

There are a lot of flawed arguments in your response scott, you're borderline talking semantics here. It is true a game made purely for nextgen should look better than a crossgen, that is assuming the devs are competent and hold nothing back. There is a distinctive power difference of 600 gflops between the Xbone and PS4 so you can't exactly treat them as equal in sake of generalizing gen 8 consoles. Now not everything is black and white here when arguing the significance of whether a native next gen should always look better than a cross gen, especially considering the latter being 900p. If Ryse is 1080p then I would put it ahead of Destiny no problem. It's a different scenario when I do PS4 vs PC games simply due to the fact they're on equal footing 1080p vs 1080p so in that case a native next gen game would not have being held back by the sub 1080p res. Just look at the pic comparison above, you can hardly make out the trees in Ryse whereas in Destiny you see them much clearer.

So the difference of 900p and 1080p is the defining thing that puts one above the other? So if I have Half-Life 2 and put it to 4K, it's suddenly far better than Killzone SF? Again, your arguments are all over the place. It's a shame, because I thought you were one of the more clued up people on here.

#118 Posted by ShoTTyMcNaDeS (2103 posts) -

Don't give the Cows any attention. All they ever want to talk about now is visuals when for the last two generations they stood on their little soap boxes screaming that graphics don't matter and that it's gameplay that make games great!

Let them have their fun. Bragging about multiplats is the lamest thing ever and it shows major desperation on their part to quantify their console purchase!

#119 Posted by ShoTTyMcNaDeS (2103 posts) -

So you've played the X1 version?? Sorry to tell you but the PS4 and X1 versions are both 1080p and 30 FPS . Claim own age with multiplats is just lame and shows your fanboyism to the most extreme level!

#120 Posted by scottpsfan14 (5819 posts) -
@ShoTTyMcNaDeS said:

Don't give the Cows any attention. All they ever want to talk about now is visuals when for the last two generations they stood on their little soap boxes screaming that graphics don't matter and that it's gameplay that make games great!

Let them have their fun. Bragging about multiplats is the lamest thing ever and it shows major desperation on their part to quantify their console purchase!

I'm a PlayStation supporter who disagrees with him. Ryse >>>>> Destiny graphically.

#121 Edited by gpuking (2985 posts) -

Again we're comparing games of the same gen, not something more than a decade ago like HL2, stop exaggerating. I thought you're more rationale than that scott.

#122 Posted by GamersJustGame (322 posts) -

@Gue1 said:
@scottpsfan14 said:
@blackace said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

Show me a link of proof that any Uncharted game was 'downgraded'.

Just google it. There are lots of comparison out there of the games being shown at the E3 and then the completed games being compared to the E3 gameplay trailers. All 3 games were downgraded and don't look as their E3 reveals. Everyone knows this who has followed the games from E3 to completion.

I have googled it.

So that's a downgrade? Wow. So they went and downgraded a pre-rendered cutscene... interesting. Absolutely pointless, but interesting.

LOL. The fact is, the assets are exactly the same but in different lighting conditions. That's it. They aren't even running in real time on a PS3 any way. They are rendered on a farm of 8 PS3's in higher resolution. Why would they downgrade it if the PS3 doesn't have to even render it? That's because they didn't.

assets are not the same. Final build clearly has lower quality assets but this has an explanation. And that's the E3 build was completely pre-rendered with multiple PS3's and stuff. The actual game still has a few pre-rendered cutscenes here and there but most of it was in-engine running in real time.

You can tell what is in-engine and what is not because you still retain the weapons you picked up throughout the stage. Meanwhile on pre-rendered cut-scenes, since they can't tell which weapons you had they just remove them off the scene, and then when you start playing they appear again.

Huh?

#123 Edited by 22Toothpicks (11324 posts) -

I not only find the graphics in Destiny underwhelming but many other aspects as well: the structure, gunplay (is a little sluggish IMO; and no cover mechanic? I really think that should be a standard in any FPS IMO) AI is nothing special and the world isn't nearly as vast and open as Bungie has made it seem but maybe the final game will be different in that regard. It's shaping up to be one big pile of mediocrity.

#124 Posted by scottpsfan14 (5819 posts) -
@gpuking said:

Again we're comparing games of the same gen, not something more than a decade ago like HL2, stop exaggerating. I thought you're more rationale than that scott.

How about you quote me next time so I know you have replied lol. Look, all I'm saying is you keep on talking about how no PS3/360 port can compete with killzone SF or Infamous SS, yet you say Destiny is better than Ryse based on the fact that it's 1080p and Ryse is 900p.

Destiny is a cross gen port. Not fully coded for PS4/XB1.

This is all I'm saying. You wanna hope hermits like zeeshanhaider don't use the logic you displayed in this thread against you in future threads when he trys to say Crysis 2/3 >>> The Order and Uncharted 4. Just don't let your Sony fanboy get in the way of your reasoning. That's all I'm saying.

And remember fully 8th gen game >> any 7th gen game (which Destiny actually is at it's core).

#125 Edited by faizan_faizan (7866 posts) -

Can't believe this thread isn't locked yet.

#126 Posted by MiiiiV (528 posts) -

I for one thinks Destiny looks great, large environments, lots of action going on at the same time and it even seems to have really good draw and lod distance, the two latter are certainly not a given on console games these days. It would of course look better if no consideration for the old consoles were taken during the development.
But if Destiny's assets are the same, being a cross-gen game, the ps4 version that runs at a little more than double the resolution and probably has some added effects and AA, if so those extra rendering effects and AA must be pretty demanding since the ps4 version isn't running at 60fps. The ps4 could easily run any last-gen game if it was just bumped to 1080p at stable 60fps and probably have room for plenty of enhancements before the having to reduce the frame rate.

#127 Posted by ButDuuude (491 posts) -

I'm not impressed with the graphics.

#128 Posted by yokofox33 (30026 posts) -

Looks really nice to me. I just love the game in general.

#129 Edited by sukraj (23193 posts) -

@SolidTy said:

I have to be honest, I am not impressed at all. It's PS360 origins are holding Bungie back. We haven't seen anything yet. It's above average imo.

Yeah the 360 and ps3 are holding us back

#130 Posted by silversix_ (14986 posts) -

@miiiiv said:

I for one thinks Destiny looks great, large environments, lots of action going on at the same time and it even seems to have really good draw and lod distance, the two latter are certainly not a given on console games these days. It would of course look better if no consideration for the old consoles were taken during the development.

But if Destiny's assets are the same, being a cross-gen game, the ps4 version that runs at a little more than double the resolution and probably has some added effects and AA, if so those extra rendering effects and AA must be pretty demanding since the ps4 version isn't running at 60fps. The ps4 could easily run any last-gen game if it was just bumped to 1080p at stable 60fps and probably have room for plenty of enhancements before the having to reduce the frame rate.

Its using crappy FXAA. It can't be demanding when its that bad of an AA option. FoV is also as low as it gets, very annoying and with 30fps it should be waaay bigger

#131 Edited by PAL360 (27008 posts) -

The draw distance is incredible! I can snipe enemies in a far distance with a size of just a few pixels, and they still have their own shadows and good detail. Unfortunatly the playable areas are not as big as they look. There are too many invisible walls! The interiors, on the other hand, are too repetitive and static. Some destruction and inreractivity woulg be welcome.

It looks good, but there are better looking games coming to both consoles.

#132 Posted by MiiiiV (528 posts) -

@silversix_ said:

@miiiiv said:

Its using crappy FXAA. It can't be demanding when its that bad of an AA option. FoV is also as low as it gets, very annoying and with 30fps it should be waaay bigger

There could be other things that make the ps4 version to only run at 30fps. Maybe it really is that demanding or maybe it's the xbone that can't run Destiny at 1080p with stable 60fps and the ps4 actually can but Bungie has decided to make both versions the same, they said that "they love both xbox and playstation fans equally"

#133 Posted by SecretPolice (22463 posts) -

King Ryse.... that is all. :P

#134 Posted by TheEroica (13825 posts) -

As much as I love the art style, from a technical standpoint all I think is I want the ps3 and Xbox 360 to take a sawed off shotgun blast to the face so we can have next gen looking games.

#135 Posted by ShoTTyMcNaDeS (2103 posts) -

I just don't get the reasoning for the PS4 owners to try and claim ownage over the X1 with what is at its heart a last gen game that is also multiplat? I mean the last I heard, Bungie is an independent developer that has no affiliation with any one console maker. The game comes out the same day for all 4 consoles that it is being made for and that is FACT!!! I'll be playing it on my XBOX ONE just like you PS4 owners will and wont notice one bit of difference if there were one which there isn't. Confirmed 1080p and 30fps on both. Sorry Cows, you fail again!!!

#136 Posted by gpuking (2985 posts) -

It's a world of difference between ps3 and ps4 version, DF analysis further cements my argument that it has some of the best dynamic lighting and post processing effects seen on console.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-vs-destiny-ps3-beta

#137 Posted by Grey_Eyed_Elf (3913 posts) -

As good as it looks... 30FPS with a FOV of 60, f*** that. Hope theirs a PC version in future if not I'll get the PS4 bundle.

#138 Posted by clyde46 (46795 posts) -

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

As good as it looks... 30FPS with a FOV of 60, f*** that. Hope theirs a PC version in future if not I'll get the PS4 bundle.

There will be a PC version.

#139 Posted by SambaLele (5424 posts) -

It's obvious that cross gen development is holding that game back. It doesn't look that good.

#140 Posted by coasterguy65 (6073 posts) -

Meh..looks like Halo, with different skins. Guess the PS3/360 are holding the game back.

#141 Posted by silversix_ (14986 posts) -

Saw some gameplay on ps3 today... looks like a Wii game. Its so blurry that it feels like 480p

#142 Posted by StormyJoe (5660 posts) -

@gpuking: What does your post have to do with the PS4?

#143 Posted by Bishop1310 (1125 posts) -

@gpuking said:

It's a world of difference between ps3 and ps4 version, DF analysis further cements my argument that it has some of the best dynamic lighting and post processing effects seen on console.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-vs-destiny-ps3-beta

my god the ps3 version looks like absolute shit. If you're still playing on last gen hardware its time to wake up and build a pc or jump into current gen. Gross.

#144 Posted by tdkmillsy (1533 posts) -

This is so funny as they have said the Xbox One and PS4 will be the same.

#145 Edited by Speak_Low (1116 posts) -

Can we just melt all copies of PS3/360 and make more PS4/X1 versions? I couldn't stand looking at the PS3 footage. That was awful. I know that it's a large-scale world but, still, that was unbearable, and I don't see how gamers can look at that for the next five years or however long Bungie/Activision plan to support this game on last-gen consoles.

And lol at even the thought of a Wii U version's graphics. It'll look like total crap.

#146 Posted by scatteh316 (4980 posts) -

Last gen textures with next gen geometry and lighting, that's all Destiny is.

#147 Edited by faizan_faizan (7866 posts) -

LOL

#148 Posted by BldgIrsh (2787 posts) -

@faizan_faizan said:

LOL

Look how smooth those lines are. 0_o

#149 Posted by CrownKingArthur (5076 posts) -
@faizan_faizan said:

LOL

next gen shadows

just a shadow of their former selves

#150 Edited by chikenfriedrice (10586 posts) -