Destiny on PS4 looks better than any Xbone game

#52 Edited by SambaLele (5514 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:

I have googled it.

So that's a downgrade? Wow. So they went and downgraded a pre-rendered cutscene... interesting. Absolutely pointless, but interesting.

LOL. The fact is, the assets are exactly the same but in different lighting conditions. That's it. They aren't even running in real time on a PS3 any way. They are rendered on a farm of 8 PS3's in higher resolution. Why would they downgrade it if the PS3 doesn't have to even render it? That's because they didn't.

The last E3 build pic doesn't make sense. Seems like it was altered. Look at Drake's desert outfit... it looks like it's from another scene. Though I won't lose my time looking into that.

#53 Posted by Nengo_Flow (10300 posts) -

@PAL360 said:

I disagree. Destiny looks good, but it's not a looker for current gen standards.

this.

#54 Posted by uninspiredcup (11855 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:
@blackace said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@blackace said:

@m3dude1 said:

ill be very surprised if uncharted isnt the best looking videogame ever made at release.

I'll be surprised if it's not downgraded like the last 3 Uncharted games were.

As for Destiny, it still baffles me why this game is 30fps. That should never be the case for a FPS. I think that will hurt this game overall. The game looks pretty much the same on both consoles.

Show me a link of proof that any Uncharted game was 'downgraded'.

Just google it. There are lots of comparison out there of the games being shown at the E3 and then the completed games being compared to the E3 gameplay trailers. All 3 games were downgraded and don't look as their E3 reveals. Everyone knows this who has followed the games from E3 to completion.

I have googled it.

Interesting downgrade. Having played Uncharted 3, it looks pretty much the same as Tomb Raider.

Console users post screenshots but they are essentially bullshoots.

#55 Posted by edwardecl (2239 posts) -

Artistic style != graphical quality

#56 Edited by DEadliNE-Zero0 (4407 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:
@lglz1337 said:

gpuking thread will cause alot of butthurt

love his threads

cant wait for the UC4 gpuking thread!

Now that's a better subject matter!

I see it now...

"Uncharted 4 - The undisputed graphics king?"

Honestly,i can see the same thing that happened with Killzone vs Crysis 3, then Infamous SS vs Crysis 3, then...yeah you get it.

Since it's coming out in 2015, i can see the discussion being between UC4, TW3 and even Batman AK. Plus Crysis 3 and The Order 1886 aswell and others games. People will discuss poly counts, tech, then post pics of all games looking great, then pics of all games looking bad, then discuss the fps it's running, the open vs linear world points, and whatever else i can't remember.

In the end, no clear winner will probably be decided, but, thankfully, they'll all look great, and hopefully, be fun to play.

#58 Edited by uninspiredcup (11855 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:
@uninspiredcup said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@blackace said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@blackace said:

@m3dude1 said:

ill be very surprised if uncharted isnt the best looking videogame ever made at release.

I'll be surprised if it's not downgraded like the last 3 Uncharted games were.

As for Destiny, it still baffles me why this game is 30fps. That should never be the case for a FPS. I think that will hurt this game overall. The game looks pretty much the same on both consoles.

Show me a link of proof that any Uncharted game was 'downgraded'.

Just google it. There are lots of comparison out there of the games being shown at the E3 and then the completed games being compared to the E3 gameplay trailers. All 3 games were downgraded and don't look as their E3 reveals. Everyone knows this who has followed the games from E3 to completion.

I have googled it.

Interesting downgrade. Having played Uncharted 3, it looks pretty much the same as Tomb Raider.

Console users post screenshots but they are essentially bullshoots.

Srsly you should just get off this site lol.

But it's true. Console users almost always resort to promo bullshoots.

Almost all and screenshots used for Killzone: 2 was off cam shots of the tv with bold claims of "Crysis killer".

It was embarrassing.

#59 Posted by Zero5000X (8231 posts) -

The game looks good, but it isn't the best looking game on either platform.

#60 Edited by Bishop1310 (1173 posts) -

ive been playing it quite a bit on the ps4 the past day or so and it does look absolutely amazing.. but i cant wait to play it on the x1 with my friends, none of them have picked up ps4's and so im really looking forward to playing with people i know..Saying that it looks better then all x1 games and therefore you're also saying it looks better then most ps4 games, well you're an idiot..

get your fucking fan boy goggles off man and just enjoy the game.

@gpuking said:

The lighting, dynamic shadows, vast scale, pristine 1080p iq and beautiful art really paints one of the most stunning games I've ever seen. I didn't think a MMO can look better than a traditional linear game like Ryse, but aside from the character model, Destiny outguns Ryse "the current best looking Xbone game" almost everywhere else. Can anyone show me a better looking Bone game?

#61 Posted by kinectthedots (2590 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:

For graphics, it's still a 360 port. So it's all moot really.

Ryse kills Destiny graphically. You aren't very consistent with your arguments gpuking.

Yeah there are times when gpuking makes good points...this isn't one of them. He's basically on Blackace's level of blindess biasness with this thread and argument.

#63 Edited by chikenfriedrice (10728 posts) -

Why are you acting like the game isn't on the Xbox One? lol

I want to like the PS4 but man the fan base makes it so hard...so hard.

#64 Posted by cainetao11 (18731 posts) -

@gpuking:

1080p isn't pristine when I can play games in 4k on my PC.

#65 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (5811 posts) -

destiny on nextgen is just a higher res version of lastgens game. it isnt that impressive at all, halo 4 from the master chief collection will look the same as destiny

#66 Posted by cainetao11 (18731 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:

Ryse kills Destiny graphically. You aren't very consistent with your arguments gpuking.

sure he is. they suck sony pole

#67 Posted by ActicEdge (24492 posts) -

Destiny is nice looking but it's really not that nice looking. It's obviously hurt a little by having a big world. Cross gen roots show though.

#68 Posted by stereointegrity (10790 posts) -

no....honestly the beta looks like crap......even tho the beta finally won me over on this game....i will gladly buy it

#69 Posted by Chutebox (37941 posts) -

Err, no.

#70 Edited by BldgIrsh (2989 posts) -

30 FPS. It isn't cross-gen anymore. That was just a hoax to justify 30 fps. But since it Isn't happening anymore and 30 FPS is still staying, it shows it was all a PR stunt and the ps4 can't run 1080p/60 FPS properly.

#71 Posted by Kaze_no_Mirai (11560 posts) -

I just finished what would be the intro mission and no, the game looks good.. but I still think as a PS4 game it is pretty bad. It certainly does not come anywhere near Ryse.

#72 Posted by lamprey263 (24956 posts) -

Destiny on PS4 looks better than any Xbox One game... except Destiny on Xbox One, both will be running 1080p/30fps when released

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-07-17-destiny-xbox-one-beta-wont-be-1080p-but-the-final-version-will

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-vs-destiny-ps4-beta

#73 Posted by BldgIrsh (2989 posts) -

@lamprey263: So is everyone gonna forget about Ryse?

I couldn't really care of either system but Ryse did raise a bar for graphics on consoles.

#75 Posted by Cloud_imperium (5307 posts) -

To be honest ; Destiny looks average at best , even in those bullshots . Real gameplay looks worse . It is cross gen game and you are comparing it with exclusive game from current gen that runs on 4th gen Cry Engine .?

#76 Posted by lundy86_4 (44010 posts) -

God no.

#77 Edited by lamprey263 (24956 posts) -

@bldgirsh said:

I couldn't really care of either system but Ryse did raise a bar for graphics on consoles.

#78 Posted by chikenfriedrice (10728 posts) -

@TheGuardian03 said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

so you can't like something because of the fanbase? are you for real?

Take a break from SW if you are letting this place get to you. relax it's just a fourm and fanboys trolling each other.

Man lems take this place so serious.

Nope....makes me want smash it....and if you take that serious...take your own advice.

#79 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (15835 posts) -

I'm pretty sure the 30fps lock was due to the game being cross gen.

Because it's not very impressive at all.

#80 Edited by BldgIrsh (2989 posts) -

@lamprey263 said:

@bldgirsh said:

You are agreeing with his delusional statement that destiny is the best looking game.

#82 Edited by silversix_ (15536 posts) -

You know what fuks up the image for me in Destiny? Stupid FXAA. This is iq killing machine for me.

#83 Edited by lamprey263 (24956 posts) -
@bldgirsh said:

You are agreeing with his delusional statement that destiny is the best looking game.

No, my point being that the game is supposed to be the exact same on both the Xbox One and PS4, both 1080p and 30fps. Can't really say it looks better than any X1 game it's going to be the exact same game on the X1.

But yeah, I'd agree with you Ryse looks good, I'm more impressed with Dead Rising 3 myself. I mean sure it's framerate drops some and character models aren't as detailed as other games but there's more to graphical performance than just that, and the sheer number of enemies in the game where Blue Castle decided to push the game to its limits, that and the large open world and no loading have to be taken into account as well.

#84 Edited by chikenfriedrice (10728 posts) -

@TheGuardian03 said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@TheGuardian03 said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

so you can't like something because of the fanbase? are you for real?

Take a break from SW if you are letting this place get to you. relax it's just a fourm and fanboys trolling each other.

Man lems take this place so serious.

Nope....makes me want smash it....and if you take that serious...take your own advice.

I have taken my own advice in the past and i'm doing just fine right now.

BTW my post was never meant as as insult or anything, just an advice since you seem so worked up nowadays unlike before when you used to be relaxed.

I don't feel worked up......its just funny that when a cow trolls its just a forum but when a lem does it, its so serious.

#86 Edited by I_can_haz (6511 posts) -

Sorry gpuking I can't agree with you on this. Destiny on PS4 is just a 1080p last gen port. There's nothing impressive about the graphics.

#87 Posted by WeepsForFools (562 posts) -

Soo.. what is the argument here? It's coming out for the xbox one.. you're saying a game that comes out on the xbox one looks better than all games on the xbox one.

Well done.

#88 Posted by happyduds77 (1554 posts) -

I don't mean to be rude but Uncharted 2 would look better with just a 1080p upgrade.

#89 Posted by W1NGMAN- (9962 posts) -

@SolidTy said:

I have to be honest, I am not impressed at all. It's PS360 origins are holding Bungie back. We haven't seen anything yet. It's above average imo.

I share the exact same feelings.

#90 Posted by The_Last_Ride (73941 posts) -

@gpuking: It's going to look the same on X1. Bungie stated that, you should rather have said that about Wii U

#92 Posted by happyduds77 (1554 posts) -

@Gue1: Wow I totally see the downgrade. It's day and night, ain't it?

#93 Posted by dakan45 (18687 posts) -

I have seen your previous posts, they were basicly "dis game is a graphical masterpiecez cuz its on ps4, yo mad pc and xbo?"

I gotta say this time you surpassed yourself brah!! Anyway it has some pretty good art, but as digital foundry said cod ghosts has better geometry, i see jaggies and blurry textures as well. Bungue did a great job with depth of field and HDR/post processing. The sky and the sun give you the illusion of photorealism but other than that its not a graphcially impressive game.

#95 Posted by SuddenlyTragic (944 posts) -

@I_can_haz said:

Sorry gpuking I can't agree with you on this. Destiny on PS4 is just a 1080p last gen port. There's nothing impressive about the graphics.

Agreed.

Gameplay is really good but I don't find the graphics to be anything special at all from a technical standpoint. As someone else pointed out, there's great art direction but that's always been one of Bungie's fortes. On a technical level though, it looks like a last gen game. A good looking last-gen game, but still last-gen. Also it should undoubtedly be able to run at 60fps considering it's a cross-gen game but it doesn't. Infamous and Battlefield look way better, as do plenty of PC games. But...I can let it slide because I really enjoy the gameplay, but the game in no way takes advantage of the PS4's (or Xbone's) graphical capabilities.

#96 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (6682 posts) -

@SolidTy said:

I have to be honest, I am not impressed at all. It's PS360 origins are holding Bungie back. We haven't seen anything yet. It's above average imo.

Yeah I agree. The graphics are nice, but I wouldn't say they're anything special... Only Beta but I suppose.

#97 Posted by Ghost120x (4092 posts) -

I'm in the beta and I wasn't impressed at all.

#98 Posted by Shielder7 (5171 posts) -

@hrt_rulz01 said:

@SolidTy said:

Yeah I agree. The graphics are nice, but I wouldn't say they're anything special... Only Beta but I suppose.

I don't think there's going to be much of a big jump before September.

The one thing that might really help it tho is taking off the 30FPS cap, since there is no cross play no reason not to.

#99 Posted by remiks00 (2297 posts) -

@cainetao11 said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

sure he is. they suck sony pole

while blindfolded apparently.

@chikenfriedrice said:

I like my PS3, PS4, and the Vita (Hardware wise). The fanbase has always been a bunch of rabid annoying zealots lol. Nothing new. I have a friend that's a die-hard Playstation fan that never even buys the systems, or exclusives. But yet he hypes, and defends every single Sony game. Pretty much what I see a lot of cows do on here.

@W1NGMAN- said:

@SolidTy said:

I share the exact same feelings.

+1. Destiny is a good game. But it's extremely overhyped imo. I played Alpha strike missions, and it just wasn't exciting at all; really felt like it was missing somthing. I'm going to spend a bit more time on the Beta once I'm off work.

#100 Edited by EducatingU_PCMR (1013 posts) -

@gpuking said:

The lighting, dynamic shadows, vast scale, pristine 1080p iq and beautiful art really paints one of the most stunning games I've ever seen. I didn't think a MMO can look better than a traditional linear game like Ryse, but aside from the character model, Destiny outguns Ryse "the current best looking Xbone game" almost everywhere else. Can anyone show me a better looking Bone game?

@gpuking said:

People please read carefully, I did not at any point claim Destiny is the new graphics king on consoles. All I'm saying is that it's more impressive than any Xbone games I've seen released thus far. Yes, Killzone SF and Infamous SS still look better, perhaps Ryse too at some aspect, games like UC4, The Order and TW3 look worlds better. But you gotta admit it's a very beautiful game.

Thread backfire and you're trying to control the situation lol

No one agrees with you but the usual brainless cows/trolls

Just another insecure cow thread.