Destiny on PS4 looks better than any Xbone game

• 162 results
#1 Edited by gpuking (2873 posts) -

The lighting, dynamic shadows, vast scale, pristine 1080p iq and beautiful art really paints one of the most stunning games I've ever seen. I didn't think a MMO can look better than a traditional linear game like Ryse, but aside from the character model, Destiny outguns Ryse "the current best looking Xbone game" almost everywhere else. Can anyone show me a better looking Bone game?

#2 Posted by PS4hasNOgames (1771 posts) -

Im still mad that its 30fps. For a shooter, thats not good. Maybe because its cross-gen.

#3 Posted by Gue1 (10020 posts) -

from a tech standpoint those graphics are nothing special. Bungie just has really good artists.

#4 Posted by SolidTy (43386 posts) -

I have to be honest, I am not impressed at all. It's PS360 origins are holding Bungie back. We haven't seen anything yet. It's above average imo.

#5 Posted by Floppy_Jim (25700 posts) -

I thought "PS3.5" looking at those. Haven't played it though.

#6 Posted by Snugenz (11888 posts) -

You'd think Pong on a PS console looks better than anything on an MS console, why would you think that would be thread worthy?.

#7 Posted by intotheminx (692 posts) -

All I see from those screenshots are how cross gen is really holding certain titles back.

#8 Edited by nutcrackr (12605 posts) -

is that a plant growing on top of a container in the first pic?

#9 Edited by Supabul (3862 posts) -

Is he joking, I can't tell if serious or not, I mean Destiny is also on X1 and looks exactly the same

#10 Edited by m3dude1 (1315 posts) -

ryse looks better IMO. it could be argued that destiny matches or beats the best u can find on pc tho. destiny and bf4 are perfect for comparison. the only area bf4 can claim victory is in the possibility of higher res/AA if u have fast enough hardware. destiny has better draw distance, better shadows and shadow lod, MUCH MUCH MUCH better general lod, poly counts an order of magnitude higher, far better shading, real time reflections, lights that actually cast shadows, AO that doesnt flicker and artifact like you wouldnt believe, sunrays that dont look like the horrid early UE3 implementation, skyboxes that dont have blatant banding and dithering etc.

#11 Posted by Suppaman100 (3917 posts) -

Game looks great on PS4.

#12 Posted by Snugenz (11888 posts) -

@m3dude1 said:

ryse looks better IMO. it could be argued that destiny matches or beats the best u can find on pc tho.

It could be argued, but it would be wrong.

#13 Posted by R3FURBISHED (10570 posts) -

It's a real shame that Destiny isn't on the Xbox One. Damn shame.

#14 Posted by scottpsfan14 (5299 posts) -

For graphics, it's still a 360 port. So it's all moot really.

Ryse kills Destiny graphically. You aren't very consistent with your arguments gpuking.

#15 Posted by faizan_faizan (7866 posts) -

I know the PS4 has better hardware than the Xbone, but using Destiny? LOL. gpuking sets a new low.

#16 Posted by clyde46 (46305 posts) -

Artistically yes but technically? No.

#17 Posted by scottpsfan14 (5299 posts) -

I'm gonna be honest, looking at Destiny just makes me wish Bungie were still making Halo games :(

Imagine Halo (Bungie made Halo/real Halo) with visuals like or better than this because it wouldn't be a 360 port.

#18 Posted by clyde46 (46305 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:

I'm gonna be honest, looking at Destiny just makes me wish Bungie were still making Halo games :(

Imagine Halo (Bungie made Halo/real Halo) with visuals like or better than this because it wouldn't be a 360 port.

Its pretty much Halo in all but name.

#19 Posted by scottpsfan14 (5299 posts) -
@clyde46 said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

Nah, Halo is the real deal. The bar.

#20 Posted by gpuking (2873 posts) -

I guess there's a lot to do with the art in Destiny, I just love how they composed the lighting, skybox and the ever expanding horizon. Sure not everything is super detailed I agree, but this is definitely one of those games that just has that unique look to it, like a place you wanna delve into endlessly especially 1080p crystal clear. Ryse sure didn't give me this feeling. But I can see how one can argue Ryse looks better.

#21 Posted by DEadliNE-Zero0 (2478 posts) -

1- No.

2- Nobody gives a shit. A good looking game means nothing unless it's good to play. In this case, Destiyn is both consoles and is the same on both consoles (don't bring up resolution please)

#22 Posted by hehe101 (778 posts) -

how was your cup of delusion? Tasty?

#23 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (7884 posts) -

Looks gorgeous on both platforms.

#24 Posted by scottpsfan14 (5299 posts) -
@gpuking said:

I guess there's a lot to do with the art in Destiny, I just love how they composed the lighting, skybox and the ever expanding horizon. Sure not everything is super detailed I agree, but this is definitely one of those games that just has that unique look to it, like a place you wanna delve into endlessly especially 1080p crystal clear. Ryse sure didn't give me this feeling. But I can see how one can argue Ryse looks better.

But you picked the worst game to compare ever. Totally different games.

#25 Edited by AmazonAngry (945 posts) -

Gonna have to agree.

#26 Edited by lglz1337 (3778 posts) -

gpuking thread will cause alot of butthurt

love his threads

cant wait for the UC4 gpuking thread!

#27 Posted by scottpsfan14 (5299 posts) -
@lglz1337 said:

love his threads

Now that's a better subject matter!

I see it now...

"Uncharted 4 - The undisputed graphics king?"

#28 Edited by clyde46 (46305 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:
@lglz1337 said:

love his threads

I see it now...

When's the release date for that? 2015?

#29 Posted by m3dude1 (1315 posts) -

ill be very surprised if uncharted isnt the best looking videogame ever made at release.

#30 Posted by scottpsfan14 (5299 posts) -
@clyde46 said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@lglz1337 said:

love his threads

I see it now...

When's the release date for that? 2015?

It's 2015. Some say fall, some think summer.

There will be graphics battles the likes of which we've never seen between The Order, Uncharted 4, The Witcher 3.

That will be funny.

#31 Edited by PAL360 (26887 posts) -

I disagree. Destiny looks good, but it's not a looker for current gen standards.

#32 Posted by faizan_faizan (7866 posts) -

@m3dude1 said:

ill be very surprised if uncharted isnt the best looking videogame ever made at release.

By the time it releases, I'm sure there would be better looking games.

#33 Edited by Elaisse2 (23 posts) -

30fps?? oh well it is $400 consoles oh this gen is going to suck for fidelity.

#34 Edited by TheGuardian03 (21727 posts) -

Art wise? yes

but overall? no

It looks really good for a cross gen game.

#35 Edited by SambaLele (5424 posts) -

Looks good, but not "that" good... From those screens you brought, it still seems that the PS4 has at least 2 games that are better looking.

#36 Posted by blackace (20753 posts) -

@m3dude1 said:

I'll be surprised if it's not downgraded like the last 3 Uncharted games were.

As for Destiny, it still baffles me why this game is 30fps. That should never be the case for a FPS. I think that will hurt this game overall. The game looks pretty much the same on both consoles.

#37 Posted by lglz1337 (3778 posts) -

@faizan_faizan: on pc maybe... ohh wait crytek died

#38 Posted by scottpsfan14 (5299 posts) -
@faizan_faizan said:

@m3dude1 said:

By the time it releases, I'm sure there would be better looking games.

I wonder... I'd say it will be between TW3 and Uncharted 4.

#39 Posted by scottpsfan14 (5299 posts) -
@blackace said:

@m3dude1 said:

As for Destiny, it still baffles me why this game is 30fps. That should never be the case for a FPS. I think that will hurt this game overall. The game looks pretty much the same on both consoles.

Show me a link of proof that any Uncharted game was 'downgraded'.

#40 Posted by aroxx_ab (9837 posts) -

Plz dont use Destiny to claim any graphic kings awards...it looks so last gen it can be.

#41 Edited by PAL360 (26887 posts) -

I disagree. Destiny looks good, but it's not a looker for current gen standards.

@blackace said:

@m3dude1 said:

I agree. I see no reason for this game to not run at 60fps. Looks good for a cross gen game, but there are better looking games aiming at 1080p60!

That parity talk....

#42 Posted by Elaisse2 (23 posts) -

The hardware its on cant take 60fps with that game.

#43 Edited by blackace (20753 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:
@blackace said:

@m3dude1 said:

Just google it. There are lots of comparison out there of the games being shown at the E3 and then the completed games being compared to the E3 gameplay trailers. All 3 games were downgraded and don't look as their E3 reveals. Everyone knows this who has followed the games from E3 to completion.

Here's just a taste. I think you can find the rest on your own.

http://gamingbolt.com/uncharted-3-character-models-were-heavily-downgraded-in-the-mp

#44 Posted by GoldenElementXL (3209 posts) -

Destiny on PS4 drops frames like it's a Xbox One game.

#45 Posted by mems_1224 (47157 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

It looks like Halo with magic instead of space marines but with worse AI.

#46 Edited by scottpsfan14 (5299 posts) -
@blackace said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@blackace said:

@m3dude1 said:

Just google it. There are lots of comparison out there of the games being shown at the E3 and then the completed games being compared to the E3 gameplay trailers. All 3 games were downgraded and don't look as their E3 reveals. Everyone knows this who has followed the games from E3 to completion.

I have googled it.

So that's a downgrade? Wow. So they went and downgraded a pre-rendered cutscene... interesting. Absolutely pointless, but interesting.

LOL. The fact is, the assets are exactly the same but in different lighting conditions. That's it. They aren't even running in real time on a PS3 any way. They are rendered on a farm of 8 PS3's in higher resolution. Why would they downgrade it if the PS3 doesn't have to even render it? That's because they didn't.

#47 Posted by gpuking (2873 posts) -

People please read carefully, I did not at any point claim Destiny is the new graphics king on consoles. All I'm saying is that it's more impressive than any Xbone games I've seen released thus far. Yes, Killzone SF and Infamous SS still look better, perhaps Ryse too at some aspect, games like UC4, The Order and TW3 look worlds better. But you gotta admit it's a very beautiful game.

#48 Posted by scottpsfan14 (5299 posts) -
@gpuking said:

People please read carefully, I did not at any point claim Destiny is the new graphics king on consoles. All I'm saying is that it's more impressive than any Xbone games I've seen released thus far. Yes, Killzone SF and Infamous SS still look better, perhaps Ryse too at some aspect, games like UC4, The Order and TW3 look worlds better. But you gotta admit it's a very beautiful game.

The game is coming to Xbox One aswell. It will be the exact same game lol.

#49 Posted by uninspiredcup (8679 posts) -

Crysis 3 looks better and last generation game.

#50 Edited by Gue1 (10020 posts) -
@scottpsfan14 said:
@blackace said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

I have googled it.

So that's a downgrade? Wow. So they went and downgraded a pre-rendered cutscene... interesting. Absolutely pointless, but interesting.

LOL. The fact is, the assets are exactly the same but in different lighting conditions. That's it. They aren't even running in real time on a PS3 any way. They are rendered on a farm of 8 PS3's in higher resolution. Why would they downgrade it if the PS3 doesn't have to even render it? That's because they didn't.

assets are not the same. Final build clearly has lower quality assets but this has an explanation. And that's the E3 build was completely pre-rendered with multiple PS3's and stuff. The actual game still has a few pre-rendered cutscenes here and there but most of it was in-engine running in real time.

You can tell what is in-engine and what is not because you still retain the weapons you picked up throughout the stage. Meanwhile on pre-rendered cut-scenes, since they can't tell which weapons you had they just remove them off the scene, and then when you start playing they appear again.