Destiny is Halo Reskinned...WTF!

• 114 results
#101 Posted by KBFloYd (13992 posts) -

looked boring as hell... enjoy cows and lems.

#102 Edited by Mesomorphin (826 posts) -

@soapandbubbles said:

The game plays exactly like Halo, from the shooting.. jumping, nades and animations. Not to mention the guilty spark rip off that follows you around. The game is also called 'Destiny' much like 'Halo' as a spiritual reference if you know what i mean. I don't understand the Hype for this game. I won't even mention the over complexed ridiculous looking character models, i mean what the hell is this?

Please tell me this is a joke thread. Like as in you're making an attempt to attract some humour to yourself and quite possible attention. The game plays exactly like halo? hahahahaha! oh you are tooooo funny OP. Laugh people, laugh!

@gamersjustgame This is untrue.

@scottpsfan14 I love that music, incredible!

#103 Posted by Mr_Huggles_dog (1426 posts) -

@KBFloYd said:

looked boring as hell... enjoy cows and lems.

Looks can be deceiving.

I thought the same thing....then I played the beta...and now I'm ultimately surprised and keeping my preorder. I only got it for the beta and was planning on switching it over to another game....but not now...Destiny is a friggin blast.

#104 Posted by soapandbubbles (3107 posts) -

@mesomorphin said:

@soapandbubbles said:

The game plays exactly like Halo, from the shooting.. jumping, nades and animations. Not to mention the guilty spark rip off that follows you around. The game is also called 'Destiny' much like 'Halo' as a spiritual reference if you know what i mean. I don't understand the Hype for this game. I won't even mention the over complexed ridiculous looking character models, i mean what the hell is this?

Please tell me this is a joke thread. Like as in you're making an attempt to attract some humour to yourself and quite possible attention. The game plays exactly like halo? hahahahaha! oh you are tooooo funny OP. Laugh people, laugh!

@gamersjustgame This is untrue.

@scottpsfan14 I love that music, incredible!

Err, it plays like Halo.

#105 Edited by NightLord415 (14 posts) -

am i the only one who didnt realize this?

i didnt notice until i read your post, honestly.

but the gunplay does NOT feel anything like Halo. Halos's single player combat feels generic.

Halo= boring, overly cartoony peashooters.

Destiny=can feel the power of each shot! BOOM! POW!

and the explosions felt super strong and definitely more immersive.

#106 Edited by Mesomorphin (826 posts) -

@soapandbubbles: Well they both use similar sound effects and visual aesthetics. But in terms of gameplay they're like chalk and cheese buddy. Destiny has iron sights, levelling up, customisable character/equipment, open world gameplay.......Halo does not have iron sights, it does not have levelling up nor does it have any of those RPG elements I mentioned. They're completely different. Destiny is a fun open world shooter with MMO elements, whether halo is a open levelled story driven classic shooter.

Both excellent games in their own right, but nothing alike in the gameplay department.

#107 Posted by Mesomorphin (826 posts) -

@nightlord415: Halo..boring? gee well thats the first.

#108 Posted by clr84651 (5515 posts) -

@clone01 said:

@clr84651 said:

@lostrib said:

@clr84651 said:

@lostrib said:

@clone01 said:

@clr84651 said:

What did you expect? It's made by Bungie that only knows Halo.

Also Marathon, Myth, and Oni...fail harder.

Being LAME as usual I see.

You being lame is me crying. In your dreams! It makes total sense that a game company would make multiple games with similar style. Naughty Dog does it. Bungie does it, they all do it Mr. Lame A**!

Yet it still has nothing to do with you making a completely unjustified claim. You were proven wrong, and proceed to go on the defensive. Just admit your statement was moronic and we'll all move on.

You are lame! It's called an opinion. Each person is entitled to an opinion. For God's sake you're lame. People who jump on people for stating their opinion like you and Lostrib are so freakin lame you stink of it.

#109 Edited by clr84651 (5515 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@clr84651: sorry I didn't catch that because of all your crying

Heaven forbid I have an opinion that you don't like/agree with. OMG F'n pull your head out of your butt! Seriously!

People can state their opinion & it doesn't have to also be your opinion. What a F'n loser you truely are!

#110 Posted by clone01 (24937 posts) -

@clr84651 said:

@lostrib said:

Heaven forbid I have an opinion that you don't like/agree with. OMG F'n pull your head out of your butt! Seriously!

People can state their opinion & it doesn't have to also be your opinion. What a F'n loser you truely are!

What's opinion about it? You made a claim that was unjustified and non-factual. You aren't all that bright, are you?

#111 Edited by lostrib (39099 posts) -

@clr84651 said:

@lostrib said:

and I can comment on that opinion.

So settle down and unbunch your panties

Although, it's kind of a stretch calling what you said an opinion

#112 Posted by ujjval16 (1669 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

@system-reboot said:

atleast Halo no matter how bad it is doesnot have iron sight. destiny has and its going to be worse..

iron sight is a bad thing?

Iron sights are the worse trend to happen in gaming the last 5 years or so.

#113 Edited by wiifan001 (18436 posts) -

Thought this would be appropriate for this topic

#114 Posted by lostrib (39099 posts) -

@ujjval16: really? Out of all the growing trends in gaming, you went with iron sights? Which has been around for well over 5 years

#115 Posted by ujjval16 (1669 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@ujjval16: really? Out of all the growing trends in gaming, you went with iron sights? Which has been around for well over 5 years

Yea I know they've been around for longer than 5 years, but they have only truly started bothering me recently. Also, yes, out of all the trends, it is the thing that bothers me the most.