Destiny is exactly the same on X1 and PS4 at launch

• 102 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Crypt_mx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#51 Crypt_mx
Member since 2007 • 4739 Posts

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@Crypt_mx said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@Crypt_mx said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

OP thinks that a game that has to look good on PS3/360 vindicates the Xbox Done.

Oh I am laffin

I never said that lol. So funny how fanboys make things up. All I said was it appears parity has been reached, then I went on to say it will happen more and more as time goes by. I don't know where you got your statement from.

If Diablo 3 and Witcher 3 are still 900p at launch, what happens?

Also why are you ignoring Sniper Elite 3?

Those are just two games coming out within the next year, they'll probably be some of the last games out to have a 900p framerate. Like 720p is gone now.

Also, what's to ignore about Sniper Elite 3? That's lazy devs trying to push 1080p for the sake of it, they could've opted to have it run at 900p no tearing but decided against it. Just gotta play it with V-Sync on, but still runs well for the most part.

Delicious excuses. Thanks!

And if they aren't, what then?

Parity is great except when it's appalling.

Then we talk about it then? I'm just stating what's happening currently and what I predict. 1080p on both consoles, comparable frame rates (give or take a few) is what I'm calling for the future.

Crypt_mx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 Crypt_mx

@scottpsfan14 said:
@Crypt_mx said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@Crypt_mx said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

OP thinks that a game that has to look good on PS3/360 vindicates the Xbox Done.

Oh I am laffin

I never said that lol. So funny how fanboys make things up. All I said was it appears parity has been reached, then I went on to say it will happen more and more as time goes by. I don't know where you got your statement from.

Those are just two games coming out within the next year, they'll probably be some of the last games out to have a 900p framerate. Like 720p is gone now.

Also, what's to ignore about Sniper Elite 3? That's lazy devs trying to push 1080p for the sake of it, they could've opted to have it run at 900p no tearing but decided against it. Just gotta play it with V-Sync on, but still runs well for the most part.

LMAO. I don't normally do this, but 900p framerate ey? LOL. I get what you meant though.

That said, your opinion is shit.

I'm at work. It's a mistake.

I dislike your opinion also.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

@Crypt_mx said:

Then we talk about it then? I'm just stating what's happening currently and what I predict. 1080p on both consoles, comparable frame rates (give or take a few) is what I'm calling for the future.

Your lot were calling that for the future six months ago, and you'll keep at it until the generation ends.

Crypt_mx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Crypt_mx

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@Crypt_mx said:

Your lot were calling that for the future six months ago, and you'll keep at it until the generation ends.

Uhm yeah, the future doesn't happen that quickly...6 months is no time for a console to change. I said at launch that in 1-2 years we would no longer have sub 1080p games. I stand by that.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@scottpsfan14 said:
@StormyJoe said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

No matter how much parity happens, the PS4 is still more capable than XB1 by quite a margin. Just stop lol.

See, you had to throw in that "by quite a margin" and completely ruin an otherwise valid point...

It is 45-50% more powerful ffs. A 1.84 TF GPU > a 1.31TF GPU. This isn't fairytale. Benchmark 2 GPU's on PC of the same power and see the difference.

http://www.hwcompare.com/12033/radeon-hd-7770-vs-radeon-hd-7850/

This is just a rough equivelent in GPU's. The 7770 is slightly weaker than the XB1 GPU at 1.28 TF, and the 7850 is slightly weaker than the PS4 GPU at 1.76 TF.

This translates into games. And will do even more when exclusives begin to take advantage of both console hardware. The PS4 will be far and away on top graphically. It's just that simple.

The GPU is 50% more powerful. So what? 50% more powerful really isn't that much. Is a 2 year old computer worthless for gaming?

By Moore's law, CPU's transistors double every two years. While complexity is not 1:1 with "speed", it usually is close. So, if you buy a high end gaming PC, it's worthless after 2 years because it cannot run top end games? Of course not - and that's a 100% increase, not 50%.

The PS4 is more powerful. That is a fact, but the difference in performance is not that big of a deal.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@Crypt_mx said:

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2014/07/21/destinys-first-ever-1080p-xbox-one-footage-ign-first?watch

Both 900p, 30fps.

Yeah so there's that. Everyone was expecting some superior Sony version, but as of now it seems parity has been achieved. Thoughts?

Sounds like forced parity, especially considering that Destiny visually isn't anything impressive.

Yeah i will be pissed whole gen at Xboner to hold Ps4 multiplat back to the low xboner standard..

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@scottpsfan14 said:
@StormyJoe said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@StormyJoe said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

No matter how much parity happens, the PS4 is still more capable than XB1 by quite a margin. Just stop lol.

See, you had to throw in that "by quite a margin" and completely ruin an otherwise valid point...

It is 45-50% more powerful ffs. A 1.84 TF GPU > a 1.31TF GPU. This isn't fairytale. Benchmark 2 GPU's on PC of the same power and see the difference.

This is just a rough equivelent in GPU's. The 7770 is slightly weaker than the XB1 GPU at 1.28 TF, and the 7850 is slightly weaker than the PS4 GPU at 1.76 TF.

This translates into games. And will do even more when exclusives begin to take advantage of both console hardware. The PS4 will be far and away on top graphically. It's just that simple.

The GPU is 50% more powerful. So what? 50% more powerful really isn't that much. Is a 2 year old computer worthless for gaming?

By Moore's law, CPU's transistors double every two years. While complexity is not 1:1 with "speed", it usually is close. So, if you buy a high end gaming PC, it's worthless after 2 years because it cannot run top end games? Of course not - and that's a 100% increase, not 50%.

The PS4 is more powerful. That is a fact, but the difference in performance is not that big of a deal.

The PS4 GPU is 50% more powerful. It has a better API. It has a better GPGPU (by far). It is capable of quite a bit more graphics on screen if you take all these into account.

That said, if you like Xbox exclusives better, then the PS4 could be 5 times the power and it shouldn't bother you. But it's how it is.

I don't think the API is true anymore. But, since I have not written any game code with either one, I really have no idea.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

Dat forced parity. Too bad Destiny isn't visually impressive at all or you lems would have had something to cling on to. It looks like a PS3/360 game upscaled to 1080p.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#61  Edited By DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

@I_can_haz said:

Dat forced parity.

Yeah, Watch Dogs happens when consoles hold PC back. Sucks, don't it. PS4 gamers complaining about parity.

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

Forced parity.

As far as I'm concerned, they're letting down their PS4 customers.

leandrro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

#63 leandrro
Member since 2007 • 1644 Posts

@Crypt_mx said:

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2014/07/21/destinys-first-ever-1080p-xbox-one-footage-ign-first?watch

X1 beta is 900p, 30fps vs 1080p 30fps that will be equaled out at launch.

Yeah so there's that. Everyone was expecting some superior Sony version, but as of now it seems parity has been achieved. Thoughts?

so ps4 version will look like crap? not important since its a past gen game anyway

jwsoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#64 jwsoul
Member since 2005 • 5467 Posts

@Crypt_mx said:

Microsoft is just going to hold the Sony console back massively this Gen! Sony have no chance of getting 3rd party games up to full spec on the console due to that clause Microsoft have taken out. 1st party is where it will be at and Destiny has awful graphics to be honest.

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 RoboCopISJesus
Member since 2004 • 2225 Posts

Is a game this bad looking really running at 30 fps on both next gen twins? Why...i'm sure they can do better.....

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#66 Shielder7
Member since 2006 • 5191 Posts

@Crypt_mx said:

Yeah maybe you should wait till launch before claiming anything just saying.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

This would be news if Bungie hadn't already said this nearly two months ago. Whatever, I'm downloading my Xbox One beta now....so that's all I care about.

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#68 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

No sense in making a claim one way or another now. The game will be here in a few weeks and we'll all know for sure.

But getting Xbone to 1080 doesn't mean the versions will now be identical. Their are a whole mess of factors that could go one way or another. Resolution is just one part of overall performance. Which is why I'd advise against putting your own skin on the line and just let the game speak for itself.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@Crypt_mx said:

Both 900p, 30fps.

Sounds like forced parity, especially considering that Destiny visually isn't anything impressive.

Sounds like forced grasping at straws. I think it would make sense because of new June SDK, I've seen the latest Destiny video on X1 (from IGN) that wasn't beta and it was already running in 1080p.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts

Now lets wait and see what they stripped out and how Xbones frame rate holds up ;)

ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#71 ironcreed
Member since 2005 • 14195 Posts

I can safely say that the beta plays like butter on Xbox One. Not one bit of slowdown and it feels so fluid and precise with the Xbox One controller. I hope it retains that at 1080p because it plays absolutely perfect right now. Oh, and this game is going to be huge. The hype is real for once.

Spitfire-Six

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Spitfire-Six
Member since 2014 • 1378 Posts
@scottpsfan14 said:
@StormyJoe said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@StormyJoe said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

The PS4 GPU is 50% more powerful. It has a better API. It has a better GPGPU (by far). It is capable of quite a bit more graphics on screen if you take all these into account.

That said, if you like Xbox exclusives better, then the PS4 could be 5 times the power and it shouldn't bother you. But it's how it is.

The gpu isn't 50% more powerful it has 50% more cu cores. The GPGPU has 4 dedicated cores that does not make it better or worse GPGPU is just offloading calculations. It is a more capable GPU. I just had issues with the wording of those statements...carry on.

Mr-Kutaragi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Mr-Kutaragi
Member since 2013 • 2466 Posts

@Crypt_mx said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

I never said the PS4 wasn't more capable, that was you. I said that for the Destiny Beta both versions are the same, that's all. The Ps4 is more powerful, but not by as much as most people think. Parity will happen more and more as time goes by, maybe with X1 versions having a couple less frames or slightly tweaked settings. The difference won't be worth buying one console over another.

lol dat lem delusion

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@Crypt_mx said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

I never said the PS4 wasn't more capable, that was you. I said that for the Destiny Beta both versions are the same, that's all. The Ps4 is more powerful, but not by as much as most people think. Parity will happen more and more as time goes by, maybe with X1 versions having a couple less frames or slightly tweaked settings. The difference won't be worth buying one console over another.

And how is this possible when X1 has an 7790 inside , a really low end GPU while games betting better and better ? Can you tell me ?

sam890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By sam890
Member since 2005 • 1119 Posts

The X1 VS PS4 argument goes in circles.

ShoTTyMcNaDeS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#79 ShoTTyMcNaDeS
Member since 2011 • 2784 Posts

@scottpsfan14 said:

More capable? Maybe, but only if a dev wants to take the time to exploit what differences there may be. Multiplats will never show a significant difference between consoles that are basically equal in base power. You Sony fanboys act as if the separation between the PS4 and X1 is equal to that of the 360 and Wii and it is just not!! I don't understand why you all feel the need to beat this dead horse! OK, we get it, the PS4 is a little stronger than the X1. Congratulations on your choice, but I'm telling you right now, multiplats Like Destiny are never, ever going to favor the PS4 over the X1 to the point that it has a direct effect on the game itself!!! The differences will be negligible!!!

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#80  Edited By parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

Isn't it cross-platform? It's forced parity. They're keeping it at 30 fps for balance.

Also people really don't realize the difference it makes. Upscaling to improve performance makes the game look worse. You'd need a direct comparison to notice, but you would notice if you were to play it native and then do a second play through upscaled. I played Metro Last Light with 0.5s SSAO to have constant 60 fps but I'm playing it again now in native 1080p and the difference is huge.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

dem crushed blacks on xbone

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 AzatiS
@scottpsfan14 said:
@Crypt_mx said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@Crypt_mx said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Oh I am laffin

LMAO. I don't normally do this, but 900p framerate ey? LOL. I get what you meant though.

That said, your opinion is shit.

Another butthurt lem , all that is

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 AzatiS
@Crypt_mx said:

@farrell2k said:

@Crypt_mx said:

@farrell2k said:

@Crypt_mx said:

@farrell2k said:

@Crypt_mx said:

Parity has been achieved by watering down the ps4 version, yes, of course.

Lol if believing that makes you feel better about your console purchase then sure.

I don't own a ps4 or an xb1. How do you think you make things equal when you have two different hardware capabilities? You use the weaker system as a base.

I own a PS4 and an X1, and even though the hardware difference exits, it is not enough to make a difference if the devs are good enough. The consoles are too similar in terms of real world performance, not raw numbers. I do not think they coded the PS4 version knowing they had to hold it back, they just created it as they wanted it. Without the Xbox power boost from the Kinect it would be a 900p v 1080p difference, that's how it would have launched. But with the power, the systems are nearly the same.

What do you mean "if the devs are good enough"? Hardware is fixed. It's not like they're going to be able to hire a magician to make the xb1 magically as powerful as the ps4. You know nothing of programming, that much is obvious.

That's not what I said at all. The Xbox is harder to code for because of Esram use, but the consoles are so similar in overall real world power that the games can be even, or almost. I never said anything about a magician to make it as powerful, I know more about programming than most people on here. I've been saying it's not enough of a power difference to matter, not that it doesn't exist. It's all numbers, the PS4 and the X1 are identical mid range computers in practice.

I'm done talking to someone who is as ignorant as you, good day.

If you think even for a split of second that a 7790 GPU is anywhere near to 7850 and you calling that identical in practise you are one of the most blind fanboys around. Period.

SoftwareGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By SoftwareGeek
Member since 2014 • 573 Posts

@scottpsfan14:

where's sony's cloud? oh yeah, they don't have one. hahahaha!

hehe101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#88  Edited By hehe101
Member since 2011 • 734 Posts

the PS4 power is nothing to brag about at all, its not even that much stronger... It's like the only thing sony fans use to hate on xbox, worst part is, it's not even impressive.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

Ahh...destiny the fake mmo. Less players and smaller maps than coop games on PC that aren't even classified as MMOs.

rofl.

bublover1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By bublover1
Member since 2013 • 133 Posts
@Crypt_mx said:

@farrell2k said:

@Crypt_mx said:

@farrell2k said:

@Crypt_mx said:

@farrell2k said:

@Crypt_mx said:

Parity has been achieved by watering down the ps4 version, yes, of course.

Lol if believing that makes you feel better about your console purchase then sure.

I don't own a ps4 or an xb1. How do you think you make things equal when you have two different hardware capabilities? You use the weaker system as a base.

I own a PS4 and an X1, and even though the hardware difference exits, it is not enough to make a difference if the devs are good enough. The consoles are too similar in terms of real world performance, not raw numbers. I do not think they coded the PS4 version knowing they had to hold it back, they just created it as they wanted it. Without the Xbox power boost from the Kinect it would be a 900p v 1080p difference, that's how it would have launched. But with the power, the systems are nearly the same.

What do you mean "if the devs are good enough"? Hardware is fixed. It's not like they're going to be able to hire a magician to make the xb1 magically as powerful as the ps4. You know nothing of programming, that much is obvious.

That's not what I said at all. The Xbox is harder to code for because of Esram use, but the consoles are so similar in overall real world power that the games can be even, or almost. I never said anything about a magician to make it as powerful, I know more about programming than most people on here. I've been saying it's not enough of a power difference to matter, not that it doesn't exist. It's all numbers, the PS4 and the X1 are identical mid range computers in practice.

I'm done talking to someone who is as ignorant as you, good day.

This is a whole load of bullshit. Yeah, the Xbone is harder to code for than the PS4 is, but that is more than compensated through the army of top coders that 3rd parties use to get their games up to snuff on the Xbone. 3rd parties let their shittiest 3 coders do a shit portjob on the PS4 and rely on the PS4's brute strength to bulldoze through their unoptimized code.

Devs use every single optimization trick to get the Xbone running "acceptably". The Xbone is already hitting its peak. The PS4 has barely begun utilizing its full power. When a 3rd party like Kojima studios tries to atleast utilize PS4's full power, THEN you'll see big differences. 720p on Xbone vs 1080p on PS4. PS4 runs at stable 60 FPS while Xbone runs at 30-60 variable FPS. Xbone has vastly lower graphical settings.

Until 3rd parties stop their parity bullshit, you'll never see the true power gap between the two consoles, and that's what MS would rather want. They rather you think the Xbone isn't that much weaker than the PS4 when the two are generations apart in power. It's sad, but all the more reason to cheer that Xbox is failing. MS is a bad influence on the gaming industry and it's best they leave.

bublover1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By bublover1

@FastRobby said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@FastRobby said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

And how much does that matter when you can't experience this? The Xbox One has so many more features that PS4 doesn't have, that's much more important.

Never said otherwise. Just making an observation that PS4 will always be more powerful than XB1. That's it. Does it bother you? PS2 was by far the least powerful of it's generation, and look how that turned out. Power is but a piece of the puzzle.

It doesn't bother me, I'm in IT (last year computer science), and I always believe in the rapid improvements of tech. I think both consoles will just rely on "the cloud" eventually, within 4-5 years.

And I believe that companies should use their money carefully. How could you spend $3 billion and create a vastly inferior machine than someone who spent $5 million in R&D. It makes no sense.

bublover1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By bublover1

@FastRobby said:

@bublover1 said:

@FastRobby said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@FastRobby said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

And how much does that matter when you can't experience this? The Xbox One has so many more features that PS4 doesn't have, that's much more important.

Never said otherwise. Just making an observation that PS4 will always be more powerful than XB1. That's it. Does it bother you? PS2 was by far the least powerful of it's generation, and look how that turned out. Power is but a piece of the puzzle.

It doesn't bother me, I'm in IT (last year computer science), and I always believe in the rapid improvements of tech. I think both consoles will just rely on "the cloud" eventually, within 4-5 years.

And I believe that companies should use their money carefully. How could you spend $3 billion and create a vastly inferior machine than someone who spent $5 million in R&D. It makes no sense.

We don't know how that 3 billion is divided, now do we? Maybe 1 billion went to Azure, and because Xbox One uses Azure, they count it as R&D costs... Or maybe (misterxmedia theory), we don't know everything about the Xbox One, and there is still an NDA, and suddenly out of nowhere we get amazing powers... Or maybe Microsoft just loves to burn cash... We will never know, until Microsoft or an ex-employee dares to talk about it. The question is, do we really care? We love games, let's game.

A former AMD employee already told us that MS spent $3 billion on just the APU. The total project including all the marketing and review bribing probably cost over $10 billion.

Microsoft is crying about it. They expected to sell 500 million consoles. LOL... Even SONY wasn't this delusional at the start of last gen.

PapaTrop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 PapaTrop
Member since 2014 • 1792 Posts

@hehe101 said:

the PS4 power is nothing to brag about at all, its not even that much stronger... It's like the only thing sony fans use to hate on xbox, worst part is, it's not even impressive.

Pretty much.

It's like the difference between a mid-range PC gpu, and a slightly better than mid-range PC gpu.

In the grand scheme of things, over the course of the next 5-6 years this gen lasts, it's not even worth mentioning. We're not even done with the first year, and we can already see PS4 struggling to reach 1080p with high-end games.

Zen_Light

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Zen_Light
Member since 2010 • 2143 Posts

@Crypt_mx said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

I said that for the Destiny Beta both versions are the same, that's all.

Yeah that's a bold faced lie. When the Iron Banner opens up, the lights are missing from the pinnacle structure in the Xbox One version entirely.

Big differences.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

hehe101 damage controlling as usual.

@softwaregeek said:

@scottpsfan14:

where's sony's cloud? oh yeah, they don't have one. hahahaha!

That ultra powerful cloud doing Titanfall's duff AI and nothing else.

@Zen_Light said:

@Crypt_mx said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

I said that for the Destiny Beta both versions are the same, that's all.

Yeah that's a bold faced lie. When the Iron Banner opens up, the lights are missing from the pinnacle structure in the Xbox One version entirely.

Big differences.

Hahaha holy shit. Explain that, lemmings.

edwardecl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 edwardecl
Member since 2005 • 2240 Posts

I knew something had to be compromised to achieve so called parity. Not massive differences, but differences none the less.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

Whether they are or not....the OP doesn't have any stats that this is the case. Thread fail.