Destiny is exactly the same on X1 and PS4 at launch

• 102 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Crypt_mx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Crypt_mx
Member since 2007 • 4739 Posts

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2014/07/21/destinys-first-ever-1080p-xbox-one-footage-ign-first?watch

X1 beta is 900p, 30fps vs 1080p 30fps that will be equaled out at launch.

Yeah so there's that. Everyone was expecting some superior Sony version, but as of now it seems parity has been achieved. Thoughts?

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

@Crypt_mx said:

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2014/07/21/destinys-first-ever-1080p-xbox-one-footage-ign-first?watch

Both 900p, 30fps.

Yeah so there's that. Everyone was expecting some superior Sony version, but as of now it seems parity has been achieved. Thoughts?

Sounds like forced parity, especially considering that Destiny visually isn't anything impressive.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

Did I miss something? where did they talk about the PS4 beta being 900p?

Crypt_mx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Crypt_mx

@scottpsfan14 said:

No matter how much parity happens, the PS4 is still more capable than XB1 by quite a margin. Just stop lol.

I never said the PS4 wasn't more capable, that was you. I said that for the Destiny Beta both versions are the same, that's all. The Ps4 is more powerful, but not by as much as most people think. Parity will happen more and more as time goes by, maybe with X1 versions having a couple less frames or slightly tweaked settings. The difference won't be worth buying one console over another.

Crypt_mx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Crypt_mx

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@Crypt_mx said:

Both 900p, 30fps.

Sounds like forced parity, especially considering that Destiny visually isn't anything impressive.

Maybe, but if they are both 1080p 30fps with equal visuals on launch it will be disappointing for Sony fanboys, especially because Sony was touting that Destiny would be superior on their console. But it turns out all they get is early DLC... yay?

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7  Edited By freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

What...900P?

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9 DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

The millionth time

The PS4 is stronger than XB1. In multiplats, the differences will be minimal, and mostly come down to a 180p difference.

More obvious news at 11. Stay tuned for the Evolve resolutiongate

ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#10 ironcreed
Member since 2005 • 14195 Posts

@scottpsfan14 said:

No matter how much parity happens, the PS4 is still more capable than XB1 by quite a margin. Just stop lol.

We know this. But in real world performance, we are just not seeing this massive gap. The way some act, you would think that the Xbox One was still a last-gen system, when it is in fact over 5x more powerful than last-gen. While the PS4 is definitely the more capable machine by the numbers, we are still going to see these systems doing pretty much the same kinds of things by and large. The main advantage being a slight resolution and framerate edge in certain games in favor of PS4. But other than that, this quantum leap of a gap that some claim is just not showing up in reality.

Crypt_mx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Crypt_mx

@scottpsfan14 said:
@Crypt_mx said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

I never said the PS4 wasn't more capable, that was you. I said that for the Destiny Beta both versions are the same, that's all. The Ps4 is more powerful, but not by as much as most people think. Parity will happen more and more as time goes by, maybe with X1 versions having a couple less frames or slightly tweaked settings. The difference won't be worth buying one console over another.

What? So you think that somehow the Xbox is only going to get stronger and PS4 will stay the same? Team ICE are on making newer and better SDK's for PS4 as we speak. It's just they don't need PR guys spouting it every 5 seconds in articles.

PS4 will continue to get better SDK's too unfortunately. Parity is on MS's terms really. 2 GPU's of different strenghts =/= parity.

I never said any of that, why are you such an agressive fanboy? The X1 had the Kinect taking up resources that are now available, they are using an Esram combination that isn't as common as the PS4 architecture. Those are part of the big gap that was 720p v 1080p, but it isn't like that anymore. Now every X1 game is at least 900p (minus Metal Gear) and some are even 1080p both. That is because the PS4 was being used more effectively early on because of its friendly architecture. Yes, Sony will release new and better SDK's, but there is just less room for improvement than the Xbox had. Once devs are used to the xbox you will literally be fighting over 5-8fps or maybe a graphics setting. They may have different GPU's but neither is good, and in the grand scheme of things they are relatively similar.

You're arguing over two PC's that both have 8gb ram, 8 core processor, and an ok graphics chip. I'm an owner of both a PS4 and an X1, and the power difference didn't stop it from having more fun games at launch.

Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#12 Dire_Weasel
Member since 2002 • 16681 Posts

@Crypt_mx said:

Both 900p, 30fps.

Cool post bro.

The superior version of the Destiny beta is on the Playstation 4 in 1080p.

I'm glad that I could clear that up for you, you might want to edit your topic to reflect that.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

Quote from Bungie

“[Destiny] runs at the same resolution [and] frame-rate as the PS4. We basically got together with Microsoft, and got a bunch of engineers here to work on optimizing and taking advantage of the system reserve. Basically that extra GPU time that Microsoft gave us – and yeah, we got it up to 1080p.“

Source

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

Hahaha parity on a last-gen game.

Can't wait to see the frame rate shit the bed when the action kicks off on the Xbone.

Crypt_mx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Crypt_mx

@Dire_Weasel said:

@Crypt_mx said:

Both 900p, 30fps.

Cool post bro.

The superior version of the Destiny beta is on the Playstation 4 in 1080p.

I'm glad that I could clear that up for you, you might want to edit your topic to reflect that.

My mistake I misread something while on IGN. Topic has been edited sir.

Crypt_mx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Crypt_mx

@lostrib said:

Did I miss something? where did they talk about the PS4 beta being 900p?

They didn't lol I'm at work and apparently bad at reading , topic has been edited

Avatar image for Prince_Denspion
Prince_Denspion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 Prince_Denspion
Member since 2004 • 2748 Posts

Game still looks great, could it look better? yes if it is truly running at 900p, but i'll take that over old school SD resolutions any day, still looks good and is great fun to play! Game on and don't look so much into resolutions and such.

I dream a dream for a day when all console players can live in peace and tranquility!!

that being said I only have a PS4 lol.

Crypt_mx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Crypt_mx

@farrell2k said:

@Crypt_mx said:

Parity has been achieved by watering down the ps4 version, yes, of course.

Lol if believing that makes you feel better about your console purchase then sure.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

@ironcreed said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

We know this. But in real world performance, we are just not seeing this massive gap. The way some act, you would think that the Xbox One was still a last-gen system, when it is in fact over 5x more powerful than last-gen. While the PS4 is definitely the more capable machine by the numbers, we are still going to see these systems doing pretty much the same kinds of things by and large. The main advantage being a slight resolution and framerate edge in certain games in favor of PS4. But other than that, this quantum leap of a gap that some claim is just not showing up in reality.

The problem is, people have this crazy idea that the PS4 is 50% more powerful. When in reality, its a few frames better of a GPU. Most likely the X1 version running at 30FPS means the PS4 version is capable of running at 36 FPS But who does that? They either shoot for 30 or 60. So they lock the PS4 at 30 FPS because who wants an unlocked frame rate running at 36 FPS. but the Cows think if the X1 version is 1080p 30FPS that the PS4 should be 4k and 60 FPS because of delusion. Its not forced parity (because bungie stated that the X1 was going to be 900p before the June SDK) and they aren't gimping anything.

ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ironcreed

@darkangel115 said:

@ironcreed said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

The problem is, people have this crazy idea that the PS4 is 50% more powerful. When in reality, its a few frames better of a GPU. Most likely the X1 version running at 30FPS means the PS4 version is capable of running at 36 FPS But who does that? They either shoot for 30 or 60. So they lock the PS4 at 30 FPS because who wants an unlocked frame rate running at 36 FPS. but the Cows think if the X1 version is 1080p 30FPS that the PS4 should be 4k and 60 FPS because of delusion. Its not forced parity (because bungie stated that the X1 was going to be 900p before the June SDK) and they aren't gimping anything.

Yes, it is more a case of them reaching their target on PS4 and they just so happened to be able to bring the Xbox One version up to par as well. This is a good thing for all.

RedentSC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By RedentSC
Member since 2013 • 1243 Posts

Its a cross gen game... a multiplat cross gen game i might add... They don't really have the overheads (360 being the lowest common denominator) to really take the game too extremes in terms of engine capabilities. So all thats left is slight visual tweaks which only a core gamer could spot (resolution, AA etc).... once we get a PC/Current gen only game.. then we will see a bigggg difference. In terms of what the engine can do with physics, massive jump in graphical fidelity (no need to tailor an engine for 360 power and therefor limit the engines overall potential on current gen) and content... detail...particulates etc.

Lets see what the witcher looks like on PS4 vs X1... then we can really talk :)

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 GrenadeLauncher

OP thinks that a game that has to look good on PS3/360 vindicates the Xbox Done.

Oh I am laffin

AmazonAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 AmazonAngry
Member since 2014 • 968 Posts

Well not the same. Ps4 has the exclusive first year content. B-)

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50552 Posts

Probably will be the same, but pretty sure they just talking about resolution and fps in that video

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 lostrib

@amazonangry said:

Well not the same. Ps4 has the exclusive first year content. B-)

Doesn't it come to X1 anyways, so it's not really exclusive?

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#27  Edited By Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

I wonder how much they had to sacrifice to allow the XB1 version to get to parity

Crypt_mx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Crypt_mx

@GrenadeLauncher said:

OP thinks that a game that has to look good on PS3/360 vindicates the Xbox Done.

Oh I am laffin

I never said that lol. So funny how fanboys make things up. All I said was it appears parity has been reached, then I went on to say it will happen more and more as time goes by. I don't know where you got your statement from.

SambaLele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By SambaLele
Member since 2004 • 5552 Posts

Is this game supposed to be a graphics powerhouse?

AmazonAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 AmazonAngry
Member since 2014 • 968 Posts

@lostrib: "Doesn't it come to X1 anyways, so it's not really exclusive?"

It doesnt have it at launch...which is the title of this thread. So no, the versions are not the same at launch.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

its a last gen game being ported to Next gen......... of course it should be

tho i do wonder how Destiny would of looked if the development was started on finalized next gen console hardware

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@scottpsfan14 said:

See, you had to throw in that "by quite a margin" and completely ruin an otherwise valid point...

ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ironcreed

@Animal-Mother said:

I wonder how much they had to sacrifice to allow the XB1 version to get to parity

LOL, just laying that BBQ smothered bait out there. Just waiting for a bite.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Name me one multiplat that is "exactly" the same on both platforms. Yeahhhhh better chance next gen.

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By RoboCopISJesus
Member since 2004 • 2225 Posts

@SambaLele said:

Is this game supposed to be a graphics powerhouse?

It looks like a 2007 pc game from the direct feeds I've seen.

It's an MMO'ish game on consoles, it was never intended to look good. They can't have all that on screen and high gfx.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 lostrib

@amazonangry said:

@lostrib: "Doesn't it come to X1 anyways, so it's not really exclusive?"

It doesnt have it at launch...which is the title of this thread. So no, the versions are not the same at launch.

...I believe he's referring to frame rate and resolution.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
Member since 2008 • 4166 Posts

Shame the X1 is already holding back games.

And i'd hold off on calling parity, we've had the same resolution and fps before only to find the X1 version is either missing effects, screen tears constantly or doesn't hold the framerate as well.

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 GrenadeLauncher

@Crypt_mx said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Oh I am laffin

I never said that lol. So funny how fanboys make things up. All I said was it appears parity has been reached, then I went on to say it will happen more and more as time goes by. I don't know where you got your statement from.

If Diablo 3 and Witcher 3 are still 900p at launch, what happens?

Also why are you ignoring Sniper Elite 3?

Crypt_mx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Crypt_mx

@farrell2k said:

@Crypt_mx said:

@farrell2k said:

@Crypt_mx said:

Lol if believing that makes you feel better about your console purchase then sure.

I don't own a ps4 or an xb1. How do you think you make things equal when you have two different hardware capabilities? You use the weaker system as a base.

I own a PS4 and an X1, and even though the hardware difference exits, it is not enough to make a difference if the devs are good enough. The consoles are too similar in terms of real world performance, not raw numbers. I do not think they coded the PS4 version knowing they had to hold it back, they just created it as they wanted it. Without the Xbox power boost from the Kinect it would be a 900p v 1080p difference, that's how it would have launched. But with the power, the systems are nearly the same.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#41 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

That's very good news for X1 owners. The open areas look very good at 1080p!

That's not good propaganda for Bungie, though. It's a known fact that PS4 is slightly more powerful than X1, so no reason for parity. Devs should try to push all platforms to their max.

Crypt_mx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Crypt_mx

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@Crypt_mx said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Oh I am laffin

Those are just two games coming out within the next year, they'll probably be some of the last games out to have a 900p resolution. Like 720p is gone now.

Also, what's to ignore about Sniper Elite 3? That's lazy devs trying to push 1080p for the sake of it, they could've opted to have it run at 900p no tearing but decided against it. Just gotta play it with V-Sync on, but still runs well for the most part.

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 RimacBugatti
Member since 2013 • 1632 Posts

@Crypt_mx: I'm sure Xbone will have drops. There is no way Xbone could run that game at a steady 30 fps.

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 GrenadeLauncher

@Crypt_mx said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@Crypt_mx said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Oh I am laffin

Those are just two games coming out within the next year, they'll probably be some of the last games out to have a 900p framerate. Like 720p is gone now.

Also, what's to ignore about Sniper Elite 3? That's lazy devs trying to push 1080p for the sake of it, they could've opted to have it run at 900p no tearing but decided against it. Just gotta play it with V-Sync on, but still runs well for the most part.

Delicious excuses. Thanks!

And if they aren't, what then?

Parity is great except when it's appalling.

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 GrenadeLauncher

@farrell2k said:

What do you mean "if the devs are good enough"? Hardware is fixed. It's not like they're going to be able to hire a magician to make the xb1 magically as powerful as the ps4. You know nothing of programming, that much is obvious.

"Shit devs" is my favourite excuse for why the Xbone's hardware is dogshit.

Crypt_mx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Crypt_mx

@farrell2k said:

@Crypt_mx said:

@farrell2k said:

@Crypt_mx said:

@farrell2k said:

@Crypt_mx said:

I don't own a ps4 or an xb1. How do you think you make things equal when you have two different hardware capabilities? You use the weaker system as a base.

I own a PS4 and an X1, and even though the hardware difference exits, it is not enough to make a difference if the devs are good enough. The consoles are too similar in terms of real world performance, not raw numbers. I do not think they coded the PS4 version knowing they had to hold it back, they just created it as they wanted it. Without the Xbox power boost from the Kinect it would be a 900p v 1080p difference, that's how it would have launched. But with the power, the systems are nearly the same.

What do you mean "if the devs are good enough"? Hardware is fixed. It's not like they're going to be able to hire a magician to make the xb1 magically as powerful as the ps4. You know nothing of programming, that much is obvious.

That's not what I said at all. The Xbox is harder to code for because of Esram use, but the consoles are so similar in overall real world power that the games can be even, or almost. I never said anything about a magician to make it as powerful, I know more about programming than most people on here. I've been saying it's not enough of a power difference to matter, not that it doesn't exist. It's all numbers, the PS4 and the X1 are identical mid range computers in practice.

I'm done talking to someone who is as ignorant as you, good day.