Destiny 1080P on X1 confirmed by Bungie

• 171 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

Source

Since the original was locked due to lack of posts....here it is again.

What excuse will cows use now? I argued with a few of you folks about this and now you must eat crow.

Edit: New article with statement from Bungie

Source

ā€œ[Destiny] runs at the same resolution [and] frame-rate as the PS4. We basically got together with Microsoft, and got a bunch of engineers here to work on optimizing and taking advantage of the system reserve. Basically that extra GPU time that Microsoft gave us ā€“ and yeah, we got it up to 1080p.ā€œ

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50552 Posts

No reason this game shouldn't reach it.

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 chikenfriedrice

@Chutebox said:

Well if you browsed the "beta is not in 1080P" thread you would see many cows claiming that the final version will not be 1080P.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

look at the jaggies on the weapon its a mess. yet more games on the bone that use no AA in 2014. Next generation is here lol. Can only imagine what else is missing ********IF******* they're truly attaining 1080p. I'd bet $5 the game's gonna be 900p and some sort of excuse will come from bungie by the end of August.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

Why do people bother to post these videos when they are so compressed.

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 chikenfriedrice

@silversix_ said:

look at the jaggies on the weapon its a mess. yet more games on the bone that use no AA in 2014. Next generation is here lol. Can only imagine what else is missing ********IF******* they're truly attaining 1080p. I'd bet $5 the game's gonna be 900p and some sort of excuse will come from bungie by the end of August.

Wow still won't admit defeat even when the evidence is right in your face.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 silversix_

@chikenfriedrice said:

@silversix_ said:

'defeat' LOL. Xbone is having a hard time with a game that looks last gen. Imagine in 2-3 years from now. Gonna be funny.

sHaDyCuBe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 sHaDyCuBe321
Member since 2003 • 5769 Posts

@silversix_: dat butthurt

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By chikenfriedrice

@scottpsfan14 said:
@chikenfriedrice said:

@silversix_ said:

Defeat.. Coz dats what it is ya know..

If you read the other thread between me and him it's a loss in his column.

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 chikenfriedrice

@silversix_ said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@silversix_ said:

'defeat' LOL. Xbone is having a hard time with a game that looks last gen. Imagine in 2-3 years from now. Gonna be funny.

Fact is you claimed Bungie was lying and you were wrong...justify it all you want.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By silversix_

@chikenfriedrice said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@chikenfriedrice said:

@silversix_ said:

Against a delusional lem who survives on PR crap everyone loses, impossible victory. I once argued with a wall and i lost my argument imagine that.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

So now the game is 99% the same instead of 98%. Time to find some low texture on the xbone to brag out it. Quick cows, go go go.

Off topic, but Digital Foundry posted an analyzes of the PS3. The frame rate was dead locked at 30 just like the PS4. Obviously lower resolution and textures, but not too bad. Still looks good for a last gen game. Definitely cross gen if we ever saw one. So if any other PC gamers wants to play it on their older consoles, it'll be good enough, in my view. My interested is still not there yet but i'll keep watching the game.

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

@silversix_: Kind of like how I would bet $5 TLOU Remaster won't be a steady 60fps which is why they added a 30 fps lock option. I think I have better odds of winning though.

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 chikenfriedrice

@scottpsfan14 said:
@chikenfriedrice said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@chikenfriedrice said:

@silversix_ said:

Ahh I see. You mean you won an argument between him.. Right.

But quite honestly, I could care less about if the XB1 version is better or worse. It would be sadistic of me to want XB1 to be 792p for every game lol.

lol yeah it's a personal thing

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 chikenfriedrice

@silversix_ said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@chikenfriedrice said:

@silversix_ said:

Against a delusional lem who survives on PR crap everyone loses, impossible victory. I once argued with a wall and i lost my argument imagine that.

Delusional yet what I said became fact.....who is the delusional one? Especially if you argue with walls.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 silversix_
@chikenfriedrice said:

@silversix_ said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@chikenfriedrice said:

@silversix_ said:

Delusional yet what I said became fact.....who is the delusional one? Especially if you argue with walls.

What fact? Bungie said it'll be 1080p days ago. Lots of PR stuff was promised and never delivered. This video wasn't needed (even tho its nice to see no AA is used on the X1 version...) to be skeptical about the bone promises.

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 chikenfriedrice

@silversix_ said:
@chikenfriedrice said:

@silversix_ said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@chikenfriedrice said:

@silversix_ said:

What fact? Bungie said it'll be 1080p days ago. Lots of PR stuff was promised and never delivered. This video wasn't needed (even tho its nice to see no AA is used on the X1 version...) to be skeptical about the bone promises.

And you said it wasn't going to be 1080P.....are you still denying it will be 1080P? Even after this?

tacoma1972

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22 tacoma1972
Member since 2013 • 199 Posts

lets wait for lens of truth comparisons shall we. You want to bet there have been some sacrifices in order to get the POS Bone to 1080p. Prepare to get owned.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 silversix_

@scottpsfan14: why? All im saying is that Bungie will find some kind of excuse by the end of August to justify 900p as "equal" or "we see no difference" or "60" tv is needed to notice the difference". I mean, it already happened, why wouldn't it happen again in a game that isn't able to run in full hd with old or new code? With how the game looks while running in only 30fps it should be running in 1080p no problem but it isn't. 8gb of ram and its almost running at the same res a console with 512mb does.

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

Looks fine for what it is. You'll get the Destiny experience in tact. All that matters.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50552 Posts

@chikenfriedrice said:

@Chutebox said:

Well if you browsed the "beta is not in 1080P" thread you would see many cows claiming that the final version will not be 1080P.

Oh no, I know. expected out of people with loyalty to plastic.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#26 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

@AM-Gamer said:

desperation is the answer. Just like herms saying that winning awards means nothing but wait till a PC game wins something they'll spam the board with it.

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 chikenfriedrice

@Gue1 said:

@AM-Gamer said:

desperation is the answer. Just like herms saying that winning awards means nothing but wait till a PC game wins something they'll spam the board with it.

IGN posted it....IGN is desperate for what?

edwardecl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 edwardecl
Member since 2005 • 2240 Posts

Something must have been sacrificed to get supposed parity... time to wait for a comparison video to decide a winner.

faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 faizan_faizan
Member since 2009 • 7869 Posts

@tacoma1972 said:

lets wait for lens of truth comparisons shall we. You want to bet there have been some sacrifices in order to get the POS Bone to 1080p. Prepare to get owned.

LOL lensoflies.

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

@silversix_ said:

@scottpsfan14: why? All im saying is that Bungie will find some kind of excuse by the end of August to justify 900p as "equal" or "we see no difference" or "60" tv is needed to notice the difference". I mean, it already happened, why wouldn't it happen again in a game that isn't able to run in full hd with old or new code? With how the game looks while running in only 30fps it should be running in 1080p no problem but it isn't. 8gb of ram and its almost running at the same res a console with 512mb does.

The PS3 version is sub 720p. Even if it's running at 900p its still running at a resolution way above the PS3/360.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

@Gue1 said:

@AM-Gamer said:

You mean like console gamers said the same for scores on MC and now that PC is winning for the second year in a row, it's all about GOTY.

Or how the differences between ultra vs consoles (medium/high) was tiny because of compressed videos aswell?

Lol desperation is right. Cows are desperate that they dont' even want to go fight PC so they pick on the xbox to make their purchuse feel worth it.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#33  Edited By R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

Looks a lot like Destiny.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Antwan3K  Online
Member since 2005 • 8045 Posts

At launch it was "lolz, all games will be 720p on teh xbone 720!!1!"..

4 months later, it was "lolz, all games will be 900p on teh xbone!!1!"

A month ago it was "lolz, only cross-gen games will be 1080p on the xbone!!1!"

Now it's, "b bu but, developers must be gimping the PS4 versions for teh 1080p parity!!.. no fair!!1!"

Keep moving the goal posts gentlemen.. it's certainly entertaining.. but at the end of the day, the PS3 was supposedly 50% more powerful than the Xbox 360 and the end results were multiplatform games that looked virtually identical on both consoles and a few PS3 exclusives that were slight graphical showcases over what was being done by 360 exclusives (Killzone vs Halo, Uncharted vs Gears, etc).. logically, over the course of this generation, the same thing will happen with the "50% more powerful" PS4 versus the Xbox One.. but you guys go ahead and keep believing otherwise..

in less than a year, we've gone from launch titles like Call of Duty: Ghosts running at 1080p on PS4 vs 720p on Xbox One to a point where arguably the biggest game of the year for the PS4, Destiny (Sony is pushing this game like it's a PS4 exclusive), will look virtually identical on Xbox One.. all this before developers have fully figured out eSRAM, before we've seen what impact DirectX12 will have, and before we've seen what potential impact "cloud processing" can have.. face the reality, fanboys: both consoles are very capable, both will have amazing exclusives, and both will run multiplatform games similarly.. you might as well stop talking about resolution and get back to talking about gameplay and reviews.. y'know the stuff that actually matters?..

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 chikenfriedrice

@Antwan3K said:

At launch it was "lolz, all games will be 720p on teh xbone 720!!1!"..

4 months later, it was "lolz, all games will be 900p on teh xbone!!1!"

A month ago it was "lolz, only cross-gen games will be 1080p on the xbone!!1!"

Now it's, "b bu but, developers must be gimping the PS4 versions for teh 1080p parity!!.. no fair!!1!"

Keep moving the goal posts gentlemen.. it's certainly entertaining.. but at the end of the day, the PS3 was supposedly 50% more powerful than the Xbox 360 and the end results were multiplatform games that looked virtually identical on both consoles and a few PS3 exclusives that were slight graphical showcases over what was being done by 360 exclusives (Killzone vs Halo, Uncharted vs Gears, etc).. logically, over the course of this generation, the same thing will happen with the "50% more powerful" PS4 versus the Xbox One.. but you guys go ahead and keep believing otherwise..

in less than a year, we've gone from launch titles like Call of Duty: Ghosts running at 1080p on PS4 vs 720p on Xbox One to a point where arguably the biggest game of the year for the PS4, Destiny (Sony is pushing this game like it's a PS4 exclusive), will look virtually identical on Xbox One.. all this before developers have fully figured out eSRAM, before we've seen what impact DirectX12 will have, and before we've seen what potential impact "cloud processing" can have.. face the reality, fanboys: both consoles are very capable, both will have amazing exclusives, and both will run multiplatform games similarly.. you might as well stop talking about resolution and get back to talking about gameplay and reviews.. y'know that stuff that actually matters?..

Bingo

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

@deadline-zero0: Very few PS4 games run anything at medium. Most current consoles do mix of high/Ultra so enough of the Hyperbole.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

Isn't it getting a bit tiring being excited every time a game manages to hit 1080p?

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

The textures look muddier than the PS4 version and the framerate looks quite erratic though both of those issues could be because of "lolyoutubecompressionsuxorz".

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 chikenfriedrice

@lostrib said:

Isn't it getting a bit tiring being excited every time a game manages to hit 1080p?

No, it's getting tiring how cows make a big deal when they are not 1080P...even though the PS4 doesn't hit 1080P every time.

Cheleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Cheleman
Member since 2012 • 8198 Posts

holy shit the fps...

muh sides xD

was that a powerpoint presentation?

GTSaiyanjin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By GTSaiyanjin2
Member since 2005 • 6018 Posts

Considering its a lastgen game, I'm surprised the game was initially 900p.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 silversix_

@ActicEdge said:

@silversix_ said:

The PS3 version is sub 720p. Even if it's running at 900p its still running at a resolution way above the PS3/360.

that is true, forgot 7th gen was sub 720p.

rrjim1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 rrjim1
Member since 2005 • 1983 Posts

Looks way better than the PS4 Alpha I played.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 silversix_

@rrjim1 said:

Looks way better than the PS4 Alpha I played.

alpha looks same as beta on ps4 so what you're saying is Xbone version of Destiny looks better than the one on ps4? lolokay

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#45 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

looks like shit.

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By chikenfriedrice

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

looks like shit.

Just the X1 version or in general?

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

Hard to tell from that video, but looks very similar to PS4 really.

I might even get it on Xbone over PS4 because I prefer the controller.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#49 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

@chikenfriedrice said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

looks like shit.

In general, the Xbone looks extra shitty however.

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 chikenfriedrice

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

looks like shit.

In general, the Xbone looks extra shitty however.

Lol right, got it.