Destiny Expac 2 House of the Wolves release and trailer

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

Yeah yeah....Destiny sucks blah blah.

Lots of ppl still play and like it. I can't wait. Destiny is good fun...flaws and all.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

Does it make the game fun?

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@lostrib: no, nothing can.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4  Edited By GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

So three new arenas to grind for the next 6 months, sounds great!

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Mr_Huggles_dog

@lostrib: Bungie made the game fun. So I would think this would make it 3x as fun since it's the 3rd part.

Speaking of which...I've got time...IMMA GO PLAY SOME DESTINY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52423 Posts

Pft.

Glad for people that still find joy in it though. I had my fill after 20 hours.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Will this "EXPANSION" score anything over a 5/10? Doubt it. If this was release in early January or sooner i would've bought it 'probably'. But now... bye bye Destiny forever. Destiny was a filler until something comes out. I know people are still playing the game (lots of em for some weird reason) but why? Obvious reason would be "because its fun" or something generic like that. But my question is this, what exactly do you find fun in this game 7 months later? Haven't you ran the same easy as hell 6-8 strikes for hundreds of times? Haven't you done and received everything in 1.5 raid(s) (the .5 is Crota because its just a glorified strike, not a real raid like VoG...), haven't you killed enough level 8 enemies in Patrol? What the f are you doing? Crucible? Okay that's kinda viable answer because it was fun but this fun vanishes when there's nothing to strive for (rankings/rewards). I don't know how its possible to have fun in the Crucible 7 months later when its what you've been doing since release.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Mr_Huggles_dog

@silversix_ said:

Will this "EXPANSION" score anything over a 5/10? Doubt it. If this was release in early January or sooner i would've bought it 'probably'. But now... bye bye Destiny forever. Destiny was a filler until something comes out. I know people are still playing the game (lots of em for some weird reason) but why? Obvious reason would be "because its fun" or something generic like that. But my question is this, what exactly do you find fun in this game 7 months later? Haven't you ran the same easy as hell 6-8 strikes for hundreds of times? Haven't you done and received everything in 1.5 raid(s) (the .5 is Crota because its just a glorified strike, not a real raid like VoG...), haven't you killed enough level 8 enemies in Patrol? What the f are you doing? Crucible? Okay that's kinda viable answer because it was fun but this fun vanishes when there's nothing to strive for (rankings/rewards). I don't know how its possible to have fun in the Crucible 7 months later when its what you've been doing since release.

Crazy enough....the gameplay. It makes the grind fun. Getting new weapons and maxing them out is part of the fun.....just the whole grind part....b/c the gameplay is fun.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@silversix_ said:

Crazy enough....the gameplay. It makes the grind fun. Getting new weapons and maxing them out is part of the fun.....just the whole grind part....b/c the gameplay is fun.

can i ask when you got the game and for how long you've been playing? Because its the kind of answer i would've gave to someone when i was in my first ~100h (which you may say is enough for $60 but for an mmo'ish shooter its really not much at all).

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#10  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

I'm looking forward to it

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#11 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

More like DLC. Hope you enjoy it.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Seeing as how I already paid for this like a schmuck when I got the game, I might pick the game back up to check it out. Who knows. This game really pissed me off, though. First and last digital preorder I ever do. Anyone who thinks console gaming needs to be the same as Steam should pay a $90 penalty for their stupidity like I did.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Mr_Huggles_dog

@silversix_ said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@silversix_ said:

can i ask when you got the game and for how long you've been playing? Because its the kind of answer i would've gave to someone when i was in my first ~100h (which you may say is enough for $60 but for an mmo'ish shooter its really not much at all).

I had it preordered and I stopped playing for about 3 months during Dec, Jan, and Feb....but then I came back and been playing since.

I quit mostly b/c the ppl I ran with in the game...didn't know how loot in MMOs work and got fed up with not getting something every boss. But then a couple of ppl contacted me after they saw I was on who I ran a little with and I've been having fun playing with them.

I was maxed out in vanilla....well thats a lie...I ran VOG 100 times and couldn't get one piece of armor so I never made it to 30, but everything else weapons and abilities were maxed.

I now have one 31 who just needs to max out the gear to get 32....one 31 that needs to raid more (but I don't like him b/c warlocks are annoying) and a hunter that I recently started and got maxed with current gear to 31 who needs to raid now.

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts

Sounds cool. The Arena bit sounds interesting, seems like Bungie also hinted that the Trials of Osiris will go live around that time. So a new PVP competition that isn't Iron Banner is cool

Sollet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 Sollet
Member since 2003 • 8282 Posts

No new raid in this "expansion".

lol this game just keeps getting worse...

Oh and I am one of those early purchasers expansion and all .... I haven't even bothered with the Crota expansion....