Destiny competitive multiplayer detailed, Halo = irrelevant

• 66 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (3799 posts) -

destiny is getting more interesting to me, i just hope when it ships it has proper multiplayer lobby i would hate having to go into the world to access it. also wtf is up with muting everyone unless u invite them to party chat, this is supposed to be social game. destiny sounds like halo on steds. http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featur...ampaign=Buffer

• "Definitely feels faster than Halo"
  • Bring your SP [as in campaign, that's still online and co-opable] character into MP
  • You can take out an unaware player really quickly (even with normal weapons)
  • Systems in place to balance weapons over time
  • Currently no option for stock multiplayer option (start game->straight to MP)
  • As of now, health and armor, armor bleeds down, then to health (depends on class, Titans slightly harder to kill)
  • Emphasizing verticality (take stairs to 2nd floor of a building or double jump through exploded hole in the wall?)
  • Hope that maps bring out a "oh this is a Bungie map for sure" classic feeling in players
  • Lots of options possible (turning supers off and other playlists mentioned)
  • Don't want to talk about splitscreen yet
  • You can choose to only communicate with your fireteam so others don't ruin your experience
  • Up to 6 player teams
#2 Posted by Renegade311 (334 posts) -

To me this the true sequel to Halo, 343i can blow me.

#3 Posted by k2theswiss (16598 posts) -

TC:

"

You can choose to only communicate with your fireteam so others don't ruin your experience

"

You can choose to to only talk to your little 3 man party. So what i assume any one in X about range will be able talk to

#4 Edited by ghostwarrior786 (3799 posts) -

TC:

"

You can choose to only communicate with your fireteam so others don't ruin your experience

"

You can choose to to only talk to your little 3 man party. So what i assume any one in X about range will be able talk to

no, i watched the vid in the link and he said the only way u can communicate with others is if u invite them to party chat. this is weird as sh%t considering halo has proximity chat even with enemy team. i cant fu%kin stand party chat it has ruined multiplayer

#5 Posted by Sweenix (5397 posts) -

To me this the true sequel to Halo, 343i can blow me.

You want an entire dev team to suck you off?

#6 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3447 posts) -

Bungie creating another masterpiece.

#7 Edited by DirkXXVI (497 posts) -

Honestly my only concern about this game is that the campaigns narrative feels like it's going to be shallow even though the world itself will be deep with its own background story. Just as having a campaign that's too linear isn't great, so is a campaign that's too open, at least these days. Basically at that point you end up with a bunch of fetch quests with very limited and generic dialog if you're lucky. Who knows though, Bungie is as good a prospect as anyone to pull it off. If we're lucky it will move the industry forward away from mindless COD clones.

#8 Posted by silversix_ (14036 posts) -

If this is like i think it'll be (borderlands style), this game will be unbalanced as fuk and multiplayer will only be there for fun and nothing serious

#9 Posted by Heil68 (43373 posts) -

I'm more interested in the SP aspect of it. Hope they get that right.

#10 Posted by shawn30 (4364 posts) -

This will probably be a good game. Very good in fact. But its coming out on 4 systems and Halo 5 is coming out on 1. 343 has every single member of their team working on it and after selling nearly 10 million Halo 4 and admitting they needed to do better and will on Halo 5...

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/343-next-halo-will-be-much-better/1100-6402200/

I expect Halo 5 to be a monster of a game. I'm more hyped for Halo 5, but will likely buy Destiny as well.

#11 Posted by Telekill (4389 posts) -

It's going to be a long 10 month wait. I'm really looking forward to this one and already have it preordered.

Anyone know when the beta starts?

#12 Posted by clr84651 (5363 posts) -

Halo is old and done to death. Destiny is new & across many platforms.

#13 Posted by Motokid6 (5225 posts) -

Im exited for Halo 5 too. Lets hope 343 learns from there mistakes ( ordnance drops, terrible maps ). Destiny on the other hand wilk be something new. And i think it will be the better game. Simply because its Bungie. I really hooe they announce Destiny for PC. Id hate buy a new console just for one game.

#14 Edited by ghostwarrior786 (3799 posts) -

@shawn30: @Motokid6: im not falling for that crap again. halo has been sh%t for a few years now, the last great one was halo 3. reach had terrible multiplayer and singleplayer and halo 4 put the nail in the coffin for me

#15 Edited by shawn30 (4364 posts) -

@shawn30: @Motokid6: im not falling for that crap again. halo has been sh%t for a few years now, the last great one was halo 3. reach had terrible multiplayer and singleplayer and halo 4 put the nail in the coffin for me

Ok I respect your opinion. I just don't share it. No biggie.

#16 Edited by wolverine4262 (19011 posts) -

I like what Im hearing. Although, proximity chat would be a nice option.

#17 Posted by Eddie-Vedder (7780 posts) -

Poor lems, the only reason to own an Xbox jumped ship and likes the PS4 more now. Sad time for lems.

#18 Posted by gensigns (1477 posts) -

Poor lems, only get Titanfall, Halo 5 and Destiny next year to choose from. Cosw play more Knack.

#19 Posted by Jankarcop (8976 posts) -

Competative multiplayer...

consoles...

lol

#20 Posted by edidili (3446 posts) -

no, i watched the vid in the link and he said the only way u can communicate with others is if u invite them to party chat. this is weird as sh%t considering halo has proximity chat even with enemy team. i cant fu%kin stand party chat it has ruined multiplayer

I agree with you. This crap is stupid as hell. There used to be a time when you would join a server and people would talk. Now it feels like you're playing with bots.

#21 Edited by StormyJoe (4831 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786:

I'll get both, but I think I will like Halo 5 more than Destiny. IMO, Halo 4 > Halo 3 and Reach.

#22 Edited by Murderstyle75 (4165 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786:

You are absoutely right about Party Chat ruining multiplayer. That's why no multiplayer experience will ever be able to duplicate the original Xbox Live .

Unfortunatly the kiddies don't want that. They want their own little private social network.

#23 Edited by WitIsWisdom (3677 posts) -

The real question is...will this be pay to win. Meaning will MP take AWAY the stat bonuses of players that live on the game or will it basically be like an MMO's PVP? If it is PVP based ths game will never get my money... If it is truly skill based MP then I may consider it... maybe... probably not, but ..... maybe.

#24 Posted by tymeservesfate (1555 posts) -

that all sounds really cool...they put the launch back to September so it should be super polished. i'm just not really as excited for it as Titanfall though. that looks like something different...this is basically another first person shooter as far as i can tell. but it's still Bungie...its an automatic buy. i can't say i'm overly hyped for it though, at all.

but lol at cows praising Bungie now. after spitting on their names for ten straight years now cows talk about them as if they're God's gift. these guys are the ultimate boot lickers. i wonder if cow membership comes with kneepads for all the licking n ball massaging they do to Sony and every dev that puts a game out on their system lawl smh.

#25 Posted by edidili (3446 posts) -

The real question is...will this be pay to win. Meaning will MP take AWAY the stat bonuses of players that live on the game or will it basically be like an MMO's PVP?

That will make or break the game. I love RPGs but I hate how FPS MP is becoming more and more like RPGs. You need x amount of levels or y weapon to be good. F*** that.

#26 Posted by Ugalde- (3653 posts) -

If there is a ranking system like 1-50 in the first three Halo's I may have to get this, if not, screw it.

#27 Posted by StriateEnd (497 posts) -

Bungie creating another masterpiece.

I hope you're exaggerating. Halo has never been a masterpiece. Strong 8/10 franchise. I enjoyed its multiplayer but it campaigns are very overrated.

Destiny, however, I see potential as well as hundreds of hours lost in it.

#28 Edited by cainetao11 (16838 posts) -

Game looks great. Halo was/is great imo. Don't care about mp as much as I love the campaigns more. Interested to see the world bungie has made.

#29 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3447 posts) -

@StriateEnd:

So I have a different opinion from you. That's cool.

#30 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (3799 posts) -

@edidili said:

@WitIsWisdom said:

The real question is...will this be pay to win. Meaning will MP take AWAY the stat bonuses of players that live on the game or will it basically be like an MMO's PVP?

That will make or break the game. I love RPGs but I hate how FPS MP is becoming more and more like RPGs. You need x amount of levels or y weapon to be good. F*** that.

damn never considered that. i hope for multiplayer everyone gets default weapons and any only cosmetic changes made to your character carry over from campaign. this is why im more looking forward to titanfall, no nonsense straight up multiplayer

#31 Edited by ghostwarrior786 (3799 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786:

I'll get both, but I think I will like Halo 5 more than Destiny. IMO, Halo 4 > Halo 3 and Reach.

are u talking about multiplayer or campaign? campaign wise halo 3>>>>>>reach/4. bungie fucked up really bad with reach, no character development, the game wasnt fun and the damn bloom. halo 4 killed the franchise for me, i was hoping for something new and exciting but it was just more of the same, the new enemy designs are uninspired i was expecting something more epic. halo needs to die now i think its time, 343 will just piss all over the original trilogy legacy.

multiplayer wise halo 3>>>4>>>>reach. 4 had some cool ideas but the maps are horrible so i ended up playing big team battle most the time. the game died quick, sat in the lobby for 10min finding a game. halo is dead to me

#32 Posted by PAL360 (26695 posts) -

Sounds great but....up to 6 player teams??

#33 Posted by XxR3m1xInHDn3D (1967 posts) -

After Reach I refuse to get hyped for any Bungie FPS.

#34 Posted by _VenomX (1614 posts) -

"Competitive"

Bring it to PC then maybe we can start talking competitive.

#35 Posted by mems_1224 (46457 posts) -

Faster than Halo? So its CoD now?

Also, its a good thing X1 gamers get both Destiny and Halo.

#36 Posted by XxR3m1xInHDn3D (1967 posts) -

@_VenomX said:

"Competitive"

I take it you never played Halo 2 or 3 at level 50

#37 Posted by StormyJoe (4831 posts) -

@StormyJoe said:

@ghostwarrior786:

are u talking about multiplayer or campaign? campaign wise halo 3>>>>>>reach/4. bungie fucked up really bad with reach, no character development, the game wasnt fun and the damn bloom. halo 4 killed the franchise for me, i was hoping for something new and exciting but it was just more of the same, the new enemy designs are uninspired i was expecting something more epic. halo needs to die now i think its time, 343 will just piss all over the original trilogy legacy.

multiplayer wise halo 3>>>4>>>>reach. 4 had some cool ideas but the maps are horrible so i ended up playing big team battle most the time. the game died quick, sat in the lobby for 10min finding a game. halo is dead to me

Multiplayer. Halo 4's multiplayer was better than 3/Reach IMO.

#38 Posted by _VenomX (1614 posts) -

@_VenomX said:

"Competitive"

They're not even as competitive as Counter Strike or Quake.

#39 Posted by Couth_ (10002 posts) -

This game will be goat. Surely the last hope to revitalize the shooter genre because it's getting really stale. Thank you based bungie

#40 Edited by k2theswiss (16598 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786: I also agree. party chat has ruin mp. far less talkin in matches. due to people in party chat with someone not even in the game

#41 Edited by PhazonBlazer (11595 posts) -

GOAT material right there, and with exclusive content on PS4

SonyContinuationDomination

#42 Edited by MBirdy88 (7628 posts) -

6 ... player.... teams..... lol.

#43 Posted by Joedgabe (5109 posts) -

Hyped! too bad it's almost a year away.. not taking into consideration the possible delay.

#44 Posted by Jankarcop (8976 posts) -

@_VenomX said:

"Competitive"

I take it you never played a competative game on PC

#45 Edited by XxR3m1xInHDn3D (1967 posts) -

@_VenomX said:

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D said:

@_VenomX said:

"Competitive"

They're not even as competitive as Counter Strike or Quake.

Yes they are. They don't take the same amount of skill as those two games but they are certainly just as competitive. Halo 2 had many button combo glitches that took a lot of skill to pull off too. Reach and 4 sucked though

#46 Posted by XxR3m1xInHDn3D (1967 posts) -

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D said:

@_VenomX said:

"Competitive"

I've played MoH:AA, RTCW, Shadowrun (2007), Quake, Unreal, CoD 1 and more recently Shootmania.

#47 Posted by Doom_HellKnight (12193 posts) -

Faster than Halo? So its CoD now?

Also, its a good thing X1 gamers get both Destiny and Halo.

Yes, because being faster than Halo automatically turns a game into Call of Duty.

#48 Posted by Jankarcop (8976 posts) -

@Jankarcop said:

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D said:

@_VenomX said:

"Competitive"

I've played MoH:AA, RTCW, Shadowrun (2007), Quake, Unreal, CoD 1 and more recently Shootmania.

Ive played all of those and more, on top of console games like all the new CoDs, every Halo except Halo4 and OSTDs, killzone 1 and 2, bf:bc, warhawk.

The competitive level on consoles is considerably lower for shooters. For non-shooters? its even lower. (RTS/MOBA unmatched skill caps vs. similiar console titles)

#49 Edited by XxR3m1xInHDn3D (1967 posts) -

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D said:

@Jankarcop said:

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D said:

@_VenomX said:

"Competitive"

Ive played all of those and more, on top of console games like all the new CoDs, every Halo except Halo4 and OSTDs, killzone 1 and 2, bf:bc, warhawk.

The competitive level on consoles is considerably lower for shooters. For non-shooters? its even lower. (RTS/MOBA unmatched skill caps vs. similiar console titles)

What do you mean "competitive level"? Halo 2+3 had a great ranking system and had plenty of tournaments with MLG. Do you mean skill level? The skill level for Halo is definitely lower than most PC FPS although Halo 2 had stuff like button combo glitches that made it take more skill than a lot of FPS. I hope by MOBA you don't mean League of Legends as that has a capped skill level

#50 Posted by sailor232 (4425 posts) -

Game looks pretty good, looks like they have some good ideas that are being kept a secret for now. What is the difference between the xbox one and ps4 versions?