Destiny beta on XBONE will not be running 1080p

• 133 results
#1 Posted by -Damien- (5304 posts) -
#2 Posted by freedomfreak (39414 posts) -

Oh boy.

#3 Edited by silversix_ (14128 posts) -

1080p is just too much for Xbone. They're saying it'll be 1080p at launch like Respawn said Titanfall will get a 1080p patch, it won't happen. Enjoy 792p gaming.

#4 Edited by MonsieurX (29737 posts) -

the usual lol -Damien- thread

If the final game runs at 1080p,where's the big deal?

#5 Posted by -Damien- (5304 posts) -

If the final game runs at 1080p,where's the big deal?

yeah suuuuuuureeee.....we'll see about that

#6 Posted by chikenfriedrice (9999 posts) -

Bummer because I picked the X1 version of the beta lol....but the final game will be 1080P, so no need to moo

#7 Edited by Nengo_Flow (9561 posts) -

#8 Posted by StormyJoe (4964 posts) -
#9 Posted by AmazonAngry (945 posts) -

This is the end of the xbox.

#10 Posted by chikenfriedrice (9999 posts) -

Lol cows are so lame....

#11 Edited by Gue1 (9590 posts) -

they are just deciding what part of the game to gimp in order to achieve 1080p. The Xbox brand will not survive this gen. Lems better be ready to jump ship to PS4 or make a PC.

#12 Edited by lglz1337 (3232 posts) -

don't worry there’s always time for improvement. Xposbone can handle this with ease

#13 Posted by lawlessx (46579 posts) -

well thats rather..odd

#14 Edited by lglz1337 (3232 posts) -

enjoy lemmings

LOL

Bungie just make 900p hapen if it's so hard!

i don't have to worry got the ps4 version pre-ordered

#15 Posted by Heil68 (43607 posts) -

SONY enjoys best version yet again.

#16 Posted by Shewgenja (8520 posts) -

"next" gen console my fucking left nut.

#17 Edited by chikenfriedrice (9999 posts) -

BETA!!!!!!! FINAL GAME WILL BE 1080P. ARE YOU COWS THAT STUPID?!!!

#18 Posted by -Damien- (5304 posts) -

@StormyJoe:

The game is less than 2 months away, u really think they coukd make that much of an improvement? I would not hold my breath for 1080p for XBONE version

#19 Edited by chikenfriedrice (9999 posts) -

@Shewgenja said:

Did you say that when Watch Dogs was supposed to be 1080P but turned out to be 900P on PS4?

#20 Edited by SolidTy (42560 posts) -

@-Damien-: Strange considering Bungie's stated goal is Graphic Parity and the game is running on PS360, designed for PS360 so I'd imagine they could do 1080p for Xbone Destiny Beta. I played the Destiny Alpha, it's really not much of a looker. Guess not...yet. We'll see how the final product releases, but I think they can get 1080p for the Xbone version since it's essentially a PS360 game uprezzed.

The PS4 Beta gets more time (than the Xbone Beta) so I chose that Destiny Beta (you get to choose) since for whatever reason the Beta is longer on PS4 which gave me more time as a consumer with the Beta. I wasn't impressed with the Alpha, I could tell it's a good game but it didn't grab me. Hopefully the Beta does the trick in winning me over.

#21 Edited by SolidTy (42560 posts) -

@chikenfriedrice said:

Bummer because I picked the X1 version of the beta lol....but the final game will be 1080P, so no need to moo

As a multiple console owner, I was faced with the same issue. Which Beta version to choose. I chose the PS4 Destiny since the Destiny Beta literally has more time with the Beta (July 17th instead of July 21st).

I would imagine those that are eager to play the game and have both machines would go with the Beta that lasts longer if they own both machines. You know, to maximize their time with Destiny. I wasn't impressed with the Alpha, but I figured those that were and have the option would choose the most time possible.

#22 Posted by darkangel115 (1523 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

they are just deciding what part of the game to gimp in order to achieve 1080p. The Xbox brand will not survive this gen. Lems better be ready to jump ship to PS4 or make a PC.

They are talking about the beta. betas are always an older build. They said it will be 1080p at launch. They also said that they will reach 1080p thanks to the june SDK. This thread is a non story, but its funny to see the cows so happy because they didn't read

#23 Posted by chikenfriedrice (9999 posts) -

@SolidTy said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

As a multiple console owner, I was faced with the same issue. Which Beta version to choose. I chose the PS4 Destiny since the Destiny Beta literally has more time with the Beta (July 17th instead of July 21st).

I would imagine those that are eager to play the game and have both machines would go with the Beta that lasts longer if they own both machines.

I chose the X1 version because I haven't payed for PSN+ yet lol

#24 Posted by silversix_ (14128 posts) -

the question is, are you ready for the "after running the beta on Xbox One for week, we concluded that its better for this version to stay at beta's resolution (792-900p)". Are you ready for this? Because it will happen.

#25 Posted by chikenfriedrice (9999 posts) -

@chikenfriedrice said:

the question is, are you ready for the "after running the beta on Xbox One for week, we concluded that its better for this version to stay at beta's resolution (792-900p)". Are you ready for this? Because it will happen.

If that happens then cows can talk but if the dev says it will be 1080P then I will take their word over yours lol.

#26 Edited by intotheminx (597 posts) -

Oh no....not 1080p? What will I ever do with myself.

#27 Posted by aroxx_ab (9313 posts) -

If this goes 1080p in retail for Xboner it will be with 5-20fps, lemz enjoy !!

#28 Posted by silversix_ (14128 posts) -

@silversix_ said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

If that happens then cows can talk but if the dev says it will be 1080P then I will take their word over yours lol.

cool but how many devs were saying it'll be 1080p and then the game downgraded not to 900p, not 792p but 720p lolz almost everything on the bone was promised to be 1080p and is 720-792p. It is cool to believe PR tho, enjoy dat.

#29 Posted by chikenfriedrice (9999 posts) -

@chikenfriedrice said:

@silversix_ said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

cool but how many devs were saying it'll be 1080p and then the game downgraded not to 900p, not 792p but 720p lolz almost everything on the bone was promised to be 1080p and is 720-792p. It is cool to believe PR tho, enjoy dat.

You tell me how many devs said that because I don't think it happened very often. I sure didn't see MS putting out a advertisement claiming a superior 1080P experience for a game, only to find out it's 900P.

#30 Posted by SolidTy (42560 posts) -

@SolidTy said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

I would imagine those that are eager to play the game and have both machines would go with the Beta that lasts longer if they own both machines. You know, to maximize their time with Destiny. I wasn't impressed with the Alpha, but I figured those that were and have the option would choose the most time possible.

Oh. I see. Bummer.

PS+ has offered 12 free games so far into the generation and my Xbone has only gotten 3 GwG free games. I'm not sure what you are waiting on, but when it comes to free games from each service, Sony has been rolling out 4x as many games for subscribers. MSRP compared, it is also cheaper than XBLG. Either way, happy Destiny gaming.

#31 Posted by silversix_ (14128 posts) -

@silversix_ said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@silversix_ said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

You tell me how many devs said that because I don't think it happened very often. I sure didn't see MS putting out a advertisement claiming a superior 1080P experience for a game, only to find out it's 900P.

MS doesn't do that its devs themselves saying it'll be the same on both platforms to later announce Xbone downgrade. And the chance of this happening in an open world game is multiplied by 3.

#32 Posted by Shielder7 (5152 posts) -

I don't believe the final game will be at 1080p, they'll come up with some excuse near the end on why they decided to keep it below, are you that stupid to be fooled by MS again?

#33 Posted by lawlessx (46579 posts) -

@chikenfriedrice said:

I don't believe the final game will be at 1080p, they'll come up with some excuse near the end on why they decided to keep it below, are you that stupid to be fooled by MS again?

well you dont know that for sure so until then we'll have to assume it will be 1080p at release. why exactly do you think microsoft has something to do with this?

#34 Edited by darkangel115 (1523 posts) -

@chikenfriedrice said:

How is it fooled by MS? MS never said anything? If anything it would be "fooled by bungie" Also So far only Sony has announced 1080p60fps and not delivered ;)

#35 Posted by blackace (20382 posts) -

@-Damien- said:

http://thedestinyblog.com/2014/07/16/destiny-beta-on-xbox-one-will-not-be-running-at-1080p-will-reach-1080p-by-launch/

Bungie has confirmed just now in the IGN live stream that the Destiny beta on Xbox One will not be running at 1080p. The game itself at launch will reach 1080p. Bungie’s Community Manager said that ‘there’s always time for improvement.’

Don't care. Already have the PS4 version preordered. Still have to play the Beta first. I still haven't received my Beta Code yet. I'll check when I get home to see if it has arrived. Game seems to be getting mixed reviews, so may pass on it if the game isn't up to snuff.

#36 Posted by chikenfriedrice (9999 posts) -

@SolidTy said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@SolidTy said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

Oh. I see. Bummer.

PS+ has offered 12 free games so far into the generation and my Xbone has only gotten 3 GwG free games. I'm not sure what you are waiting on, but when it comes to free games from each service, Sony has been rolling out 4x as many games for subscribers. MSRP compared, it is also cheaper than XBLG. Either way, happy Destiny gaming.

GwG sucks on the X1, I agree. I've been buying retail games instead of paying for another online service. I understand there are free games offered but I will pay for PSN+ when there is a multiplayer game I want to play. For the most part all the Multiplayer games I want to play, I play on XBL.

And idk about cheaper....I always find deals for Gold under $50 but I've searched for PSN+ and it's always $49.99

#37 Posted by Dire_Weasel (16000 posts) -

Bummer. I was looking forward to the Digital Foundry comparisons but they won't be as interesting now.

#38 Posted by Chutebox (36763 posts) -

@-Damien- said:

http://thedestinyblog.com/2014/07/16/destiny-beta-on-xbox-one-will-not-be-running-at-1080p-will-reach-1080p-by-launch/

Bungie has confirmed just now in the IGN live stream that the Destiny beta on Xbox One will not be running at 1080p. The game itself at launch will reach 1080p. Bungie’s Community Manager said that ‘there’s always time for improvement.’

"the game itself at launch will reach 1080p". So... who cares???

Probably will, but the bit after what you quoted doesn't seem like is kinda...we'll see.

#39 Posted by chikenfriedrice (9999 posts) -

@chikenfriedrice said:

MS isn't fooling anybody....Bungie said it will be 1080P not MS. Sony has fooled you though lol

#40 Posted by chikenfriedrice (9999 posts) -

@chikenfriedrice said:

@silversix_ said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@silversix_ said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

MS doesn't do that its devs themselves saying it'll be the same on both platforms to later announce Xbone downgrade. And the chance of this happening in an open world game is multiplied by 3.

I really don't remember that happening as mush as you say? But this will all be settled in a couple of months.

#41 Edited by SolidTy (42560 posts) -

@chikenfriedrice said:

@SolidTy said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@SolidTy said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

Oh. I see. Bummer.

GwG sucks on the X1, I agree. I've been buying retail games instead of paying for another online service. I understand there are free games offered but I will pay for PSN+ when there is a multiplayer game I want to play. For the most part all the Multiplayer games I want to play, I play on XBL.

And idk about cheaper....I always find deals for Gold under $50 but I've searched for PSN+ and it's always $49.99

No, PS+ is cheaper MSRP and as far as deals?

I find deals on Gold and PS+. I found better deals on Gold back when Gold was $50, but now since it's $60 I still find deals, but not as good as the old days. Same principle applies to PS+ since it's $10 cheaper than XBLG.

I've been subbed to Gold since Xbox O.G. days and I'm quite the shopper for Gold. I took those skills for PS+ and I find deals all the time for that service as well. It just doesn't look like it was a priority to you which is fine, but rest assured there are deals all the time. I know about a deal right now at a local retailer, but since I'm subbed for two years, I'm not biting.

#42 Posted by chikenfriedrice (9999 posts) -

@SolidTy: Yeah MSRP is cheaper but I have never payed $60 for gold. Usually Amazon has good deals but I've never seen a deal for PSN+ on Amazon. When the time comes I will do a better job of searching for a cheaper PSN+ deal.

#43 Edited by lglz1337 (3232 posts) -

mark my words destiny on XposBone resolution will be upscaled!

#44 Posted by sam890 (1108 posts) -

Can the PS4 even do 60fps ?

#45 Edited by Alucard_Prime (2771 posts) -

hehe who cares since the actual game will be at 1080p, but for me this is good news, I wanna see if I will be able to notice the difference on my 50' between the beta and the launch version at native 1080p. I've not been able to notice a difference between 900p and 1080p in retail store kiosks running PS4 and X1 games, but the problem is they often have the games running on differnt TVs, so it's not an acurate comparison.

#46 Edited by SolidTy (42560 posts) -

@chikenfriedrice said:

@SolidTy: Yeah MSRP is cheaper but I have never payed $60 for gold. Usually Amazon has good deals but I've never seen a deal for PSN+ on Amazon. When the time comes I will do a better job of searching for a cheaper PSN+ deal.

I have never paid $60 for Gold either. I never will pay $60 for Gold and same for paying full price with PS+. I've seen deals at various retailers, and as far as Amazon? They do PS+ deals all the time. Here a recent deal where PS+ was $20 off and was only $30 at Amazon.

TWO LINKS:

1.) December 2013: Missed the $30 PlayStation Plus deal at Amazon? Dell has you covered

2.) Last Month, June 2014: Amazon Sale: $40 For One Year Of PS+

I'm starting to get the impression you just recently got your PS4 because there's PS+ deals as I said at various retailers including deals at Amazon all the time. Maybe you weren't looking, but you said you never saw a deal for PS+ on Amazon, so I figured I'd let you know there's deals all the time. If you are willing to leave the house, retailers and game shops do deals as well. Those are just two deals I recall from Amazon and know there was more, but I wasn't on the hunt. Just FYI. I feel I got my value though with the 12 games I got out of PS+ PS4 this year. Now you know that Amazon, which I assume is one of your fave retailers, does in fact do deals on both XBLG and PS+, not just XBLG.

#47 Posted by Shewgenja (8520 posts) -

@Shewgenja said:

Did you say that when Watch Dogs was supposed to be 1080P but turned out to be 900P on PS4?

LOL. I almost switched to PC version, actually. Decided it wasn't worth the hassle with Gamestop, though. Xbone's batting average, on the other hand.

#48 Posted by chikenfriedrice (9999 posts) -

@SolidTy said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

I have never paid $60 for Gold either. I never will pay $60 for Gold and same for paying full price with PS+. I've seen deals at various retailers, and as far as Amazon? They do PS+ deals all the time. Here a recent deal where PS+ was $20 off and was only $30 at Amazon:

TWO LINKS:

1.) December 2013: Missed the $30 PlayStation Plus deal at Amazon? Dell has you covered

2.) Last Month, June 2014: Amazon Sale: $40 For One Year Of PS+

I'm starting to get the impression you just recently got your PS4 because there's PS+ deals as I said at various retailers including deals at Amazon all the time. Maybe you weren't looking, but you said you never saw a deal for PS+ on Amazon, so I figured I'd let you know there's deals all the time. If you are willing to leave the house, retailers and game shops do deals as well. Those are just two deals I recall from Amazon and know there was more, but I wasn't on the hunt. Just FYI. I feel I got my value though with the 12 games I got out of PS+ PS4 this year. Now you know that Amazong, your fave retailers does deals on XBLG and PS+, not just XBLG.

I've checked 2 or 3 times but yeah I never saw it, doesn't mean they didn't happen ( obviously lol )....I've had my PS4 since January but PSN+ hasn't been my main priority for sure. I will keep an eye out though...thanks for the info!

#49 Posted by kinectthedots (1634 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

they are just deciding what part of the game to gimp in order to achieve 1080p. The Xbox brand will not survive this gen. Lems better be ready to jump ship to PS4 or Hide behind PC.

Fixed.

#50 Posted by xhawk27 (7232 posts) -

@lglz1337 said:

mark my words destiny on XposBone resolution will be upscaled!

Then Bungie are a bunch of liars and suck at making anything other than Halo.