Destiny Beta Now Open to All

• 122 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

So as of 4pm PDT, bungie has opened the Destiny Beta to whoever wants to download it

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/destiny-beta-now-open-to-everyone-drops-code-requi/1100-6421290/

Standard requirements still apply

And yes, people are already bitching about it because it's no longer Pre-order exclusive: http://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=11962

So if you're on the fence, now's your time to give it a try.

Or perhaps you haven't been impressed with the trailers, could this change your mind?

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

I knew it was just a multplayer demo.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 lostrib

@scottpsfan14 said:

lollostrib thread.

PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 PhazonBlazer
Member since 2007 • 12013 Posts

@lostrib said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

lollostrib thread.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

I have two codes coming soon, so who wants them? I preordered a lot of copies for fun. Bungie likes to zip and I zang, keep them on their toes about how many Destiny copies I'm gonna buy.

Is this another Destiny Code thread, I love them.

---

EDIT: There was some confusion about this post below so I want to make it more clear. I have waited until this very precise moment to announce I have codes. I didn't do it last week and I didn't do it yesterday. I felt this thread was the perfect platform to announce the many Destiny codes I will have a'comin to you fine folks.

There, I'm glad I got that off my hairy, manly, video-game developed sexay chest.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 lostrib

@scottpsfan14 said:
@farrell2k said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

lollostrib thread.

What's wrong with his treads? Seems reasonable.

Erm, it's lostrib. And he's making a thread..

You have the general gist of it

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#14 BldgIrsh
Member since 2014 • 3044 Posts

@scottpsfan14 said:
@farrell2k said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

lollostrib thread.

What's wrong with his treads? Seems reasonable.

Erm, it's lostrib. And he's making a thread..

Firs thing that came to mind was this.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#15 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Loved the beta, also I don't get why people are pissed off that the beta is no longer required for a pre purchase, it's not like they can not cancel their pre order.

PyratRum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#17 PyratRum
Member since 2013 • 778 Posts

@SolidTy said:

I have two codes coming soon, so who wants them? I preordered a lot of copies for fun. Bungie likes to zip and I zang, keep them on their toes about how many Destiny copies I'm gonna buy.

Did you not read anything in the initial post, the Beta is open now. No need for codes.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

how curious. I was just thinking how I wouldn't mind a quick go at destiny. Perhaps the mrs and I shall each get into the 360 beta.

Once again lostrib you've proven yourself a valuable non-troll member of this community. Well done!

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By SolidTy

@scottpsfan14 said:
@SolidTy said:

You posting in bold doesn't make people able to read it better you know... Just so you are aware of that..

I've been doing that (bolding) since 2005 with my very first Gamespot.com post and prior to that I bolded or colored at other forums (late 90's-2005) before I joined. In fact, my first post was in System Wars and it's the only reason I signed up and it was in, you guessed it, bold. I'll let you know a little secret, it's not for others anyways. Surprised to be talking about it in 2014 though, nine years after I appeared here bolding back then till today with over 46,000 posts in bold (5000+ bolded posts of mine purged with the GS revamp). Maybe I shouldn't be surprised, your current account is from 2014 so for all you know I'm as new as you and just started bolding although that would be false.

I'll let you know another secret, my post was a joke since this thread makes it clear Destiny Beta codes will now be useless as everyone can play for free. It seems to me Bungie wants more Beta testers than they have because I did get an email from them prompting me to play more Destiny.

Just so you are aware of all of that. Toodles!

PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#20  Edited By PhazonBlazer
Member since 2007 • 12013 Posts

I think we're getting off topic, this thread is about how awful lostrib is right?

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By SolidTy

@pyratrum said:

@SolidTy said:

---

EDIT: There was some confusion about this post below so I want to make it more clear. I have waited until this very precise moment to announce I have codes. I didn't do it last week and I didn't do it yesterday. I felt this thread was the perfect platform to announce the many Destiny codes I will have a'comin to you fine folks.

There, I'm glad I got that off my hairy, manly, video-game developed sexay chest.

Did you not read anything in the initial post, the Beta is open now. No need for codes.

That's the joke. (psst, I thought the whole pre-ordering a lot of copies for fun was a give-away.)

I want to clear the air. I don't actually pre-order for fun, I don't really want to keep Bungie on their toes, nor do I love Destiny Code threads btw. I would hate for those nasty rumors to propagate. Just tell people if they ask that I like to practice saying "Hello" in a mirror, but in reality I just am the guy watering the plants at parties.

This is awkward.

*Kicks pebbles and dirt clumps, dirties shoes*

I found this mood changing family photo I keep for just such an occastion! (I'm sort of in the picture, but I'm not born yet)

The joke was that I suddenly have codes in a thread announcing codes aren't needed. Do you even lift?

EDIT: I took the liberty of inserting an EDIT in the first post you quoted of mine to clear matters up. Scroll up to see that EDIT at the top. Hopefully you'll get a kick out of it.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#23 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14414 Posts

@PhazonBlazer said:

I think we're getting off topic, this thread is about how awful lostrib is right?

lostrib is the greatest poster in the history of this forum.

Yeah, that's not saying much.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61473 Posts

Do it. I've been playing on PS4 and the game is a blast.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By SolidTy
@scottpsfan14 said:
@SolidTy said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@SolidTy said:

You posting in bold doesn't make people able to read it better you know... Just so you are aware of that..

I've been doing that (bolding) since 2005 with my very first Gamespot.com post and prior to that I bolded or colored at other forums (late 90's-2005) before I joined. In fact, my first post was in System Wars and it's the only reason I signed up and it was in, you guessed it, bold. I'll let you know a little secret, it's not for others anyways. Surprised to be talking about it in 2014 though, nine years after I appeared here bolding back then till today with over 46,000 posts in bold (5000+ bolded posts of mine purged with the GS revamp). Maybe I shouldn't be surprised, your current account is from 2014 so for all you know I'm as new as you and just started bolding although that would be false.

I'll let you know another secret, my post was a joke since this thread makes it clear Destiny Beta codes will now be useless as everyone can play for free. It seems to me Bungie wants more Beta testers than they have because I did get an email from them prompting me to play more Destiny.

Just so you are aware of all of that. Tootles!

Well if that floats your boat then so be it. It's just force of habbit about now I bet?

Aye, tis truly a boat floater, mate. Although, truth be told, this force of hobbit started well before my GS time.

At any rate, I blame Tolkien and his rather large Bilbo.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 lundy86_4

@Ballroompirate said:

Loved the beta, also I don't get why people are pissed off that the beta is no longer required for a pre purchase, it's not like they can not cancel their pre order.

If it were me, I wouldn't give a shit either way. More people playing doesn't really hamper the fun... If anything, it just broadens the fun.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By SolidTy
@Ballroompirate said:

I'm going to speak for a large majority here:

I'm just pissed off anyways, so this whole "Destiny Beta, no codes needed now" issue happening is just a matter of continence...er, convenience. I was planning on complaining anyways. I have arranged on my mood calendar for tomorrow to be a happy day though, so look forward to those posts.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

Still nothing for pc.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#29 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

@lundy86_4 said:

@Ballroompirate said:

If it were me, I wouldn't give a shit either way. More people playing doesn't really hamper the fun... If anything, it just broadens the fun.

I don't really care ether since I enjoyed the beta, and if I did care and didn't like the beta I'd just ask for a refund for my pre order.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 lostrib

@PhazonBlazer said:

Yeah, he's a real piece of shit

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

I have spent so many hours in the beta that it feels like im getting burned out of Destiny before the game even comes out. At this point i'd pay bungie $10 just to give me something new lol

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 RoboCopISJesus
Member since 2004 • 2225 Posts

Not that great of a game.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 lundy86_4

@Ballroompirate said:

I don't really care ether since I enjoyed the beta, and if I did care and didn't like the beta I'd just ask for a refund for my pre order.

Seriously. The beta was hella fun. The more the merrier IMO.

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#34 Shielder7
Member since 2006 • 5191 Posts

@lostrib said:

And yes, people are already bitching about it because it's no longer Pre-order exclusive: http://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=11962

I really don't get this, your upset that other people get to try beta?

Demonjoe93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 107

#35 Demonjoe93
Member since 2009 • 9869 Posts

You know, I haven't followed this game at all, but since the beta is open to everyone, it can't hurt to give this game a whirl.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By SolidTy

@scottpsfan14 said:
@lostrib said:

@PhazonBlazer said:

You're not man. You're a fucking warrior. A Sys... yeah you get where I'm going...

Goodness at the innuendo! The guy above you is talking about "whirls", oh I about fainted when I saw this post.

Geez, at least buy him e-drink first. This room is getting steamy. If my lady catches me in here, I'm in big trouble with what you two are pulling...There is evidence everywhere!

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#38  Edited By Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Good move, I suspected this was going to happen. Played the game for about 2 hours, great fun, but I felt the gameplay could be a bit tighter...nothing really wrong about it, it just felt a bit generic, the way you control your character, move around, shoot, etc., you get the feeling like you've played this game in a different setting before(not talking about Halo..just in general)....I think I gotta play more that's all.....fantastic overall, day 1 purchase.

Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#40 Zaibach
Member since 2007 • 13466 Posts

@SolidTy said:

@pyratrum said:

@SolidTy said:

---

That's the joke. (psst, I thought the whole pre-ordering a lot of copies for fun was a give-away.)

I want to clear the air. I don't actually pre-order for fun, I don't really want to keep Bungie on their toes, nor do I love Destiny Code threads btw. I would hate for those nasty rumors to propagate. Just tell people if they ask that I like to practice saying "Hello" in a mirror, but in reality I just am the guy watering the plants at parties.

This is awkward.

*Kicks pebbles and dirt clumps, dirties shoes*

I found this mood changing family photo I keep for just such an occastion! (I'm sort of in the picture, but I'm not born yet)

The joke was that I suddenly have codes in a thread announcing codes aren't needed. Do you even lift?

EDIT: I took the liberty of inserting an EDIT in the first post you quoted of mine to clear matters up. Scroll up to see that EDIT at the top. Hopefully you'll get a kick out of it.

Haha, where do you find these?

btw your mum has sweet cans

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 SolidTy

@scottpsfan14 said:
@SolidTy said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@lostrib said:

@PhazonBlazer said:

You're not man. You're a fucking warrior. A Sys... yeah you get where I'm going...

Goodness at the innuendo! The guy above you is talking about "whirls", oh I about fainted when I saw this post.

Geez, at least buy him e-drink first. This room is getting steamy. If my lady catches me in here, I'm in big trouble with what you two are pulling...There is evidence everywhere!

Isn't he? A System Warrior? The man assigned to offend?

You have a point. Thinking further, he also has a point. When those two points meet, a sword duel will commence and to the victor the spoils and possible explosion...of SW innuendo.

BTW: Yesterday I went to the store and bought two bags of nuts. There was a sign that said, "Nuts". Gotta get that protein.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By SolidTy
@Zaibach said:

Haha, where do you find these?

btw your mum has sweet cans

I pulled the picture out of my various family scrap books, then scan them in the computer...

Thanks, I'll pass on the compliment. She's right here, we were just eating a tasty treat before din-din. :)

They are soo good! Oops, Pee-Paw got some on his nose again!

CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 CrownKingArthur
@SolidTy said:

Gotta get that protein.

pocket eggs from 4chan. very funny stuff.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 SolidTy

@CrownKingArthur said:
@SolidTy said:

Gotta get that protein.

pocket eggs from 4chan. very funny stuff.

Ha, never saw that before. This is what I saw, good enough? Don't steal my gains!

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#46 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Not sure why they didn't do this from the beginning.

Now the entitled gamers who preordered are going to be up in arms over it.

CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 CrownKingArthur

@SolidTy: yes that's one pretty funny post about it. i read a few that were good:

loosely quoting the best pocket egg thing i read: 'dat feel when you're getting ready for the gym, put on a pair of cargo shorts - and discover last week's pocket eggs that you forgot to eat!'

ShoTTyMcNaDeS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 ShoTTyMcNaDeS
Member since 2011 • 2784 Posts

Destiny will be 2014 GOTY easily. It is Halo meets Mass Effect meets Borderlands. This is going to be one of if not THE biggest franchise this generation!! Unlike Respawn, Bungie seems to have hit a homerun with one swing of the bat!

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52424 Posts

Thanks for sharing.

Playing it now.

Avatar image for delete-easycomeeasygo
delete-EasyComeEasyGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 delete-EasyComeEasyGo
Member since 2011 • 382 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Still nothing for pc.

Rumor has it that Steam leaked a release date for Destiny PC - March 2015. That's only a rumor but when I was watching one of Angry Joe's E3 videos, Bungie stated that they are only focusing the Consoles but never said NO to PC so we know the PC version is coming next year or so they say. But for now, I'm just going to play it on PS4 and been playing the Beta since day one so it's PS4 version for me over PC.