DESTINY beta is live, thoughts and impressions

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

beta begins this thursday and i cant wait for it. really hyped to try out the multilayer for myself and see how it stacks up, hoping it is good because these recent multiplayer games suck

so how hyped are u? lems still jelly because bungie dont give a shit about u?

edit: beta is live, u can go to bungie website and get your download codes. i have 2 spare codes for europe ps3 users, if u want it message me

currently downloading, will leave my impressions in here

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

Like 0 hype

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

Not hyped.

SYSTEM-REBOOT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By SYSTEM-REBOOT
Member since 2014 • 658 Posts

my hype is -10/10. not even 0.

i fall sleep when i was watching a gameplay.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

@lostrib said:

Like 0 hype

Avatar image for ninjapirate2000
ninjapirate2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ninjapirate2000
Member since 2008 • 3347 Posts

My hype is it a cool 2.

I played multiplayer in Alpha it sucked.

stizzal13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By stizzal13
Member since 2013 • 609 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries said:

@lostrib said:

Like 0 hype

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

@Stringerboy said:

Hyped because there's **** all to play at the moment.

This kinda, getting a bit bored of Wildstar so need a break from it and this'll fill the void for a day or two.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Hyped as ****/10. This is my most hyped beta ever lol

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

Not hyped even a little. I will try it just to see what the fuss is about though

Wait... you have to pre-order to play the Beta? hah! **** that

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#14 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

None hype

Avatar image for APiranhaAteMyVa
APiranhaAteMyVa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 APiranhaAteMyVa
Member since 2011 • 4160 Posts

@scottpsfan14 said:

Lol. All teh lems being vindictive because their daddy (Bungie) betrayed them. If this was an Xbox One exclusive title, it would be a whole different story.

No I think it will be another Watch Dogs/Titanfall hyped up the ass, but will turn out pretty forgettable although somewhat fun

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#16 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

No hype at all on my side, im more hyped for advanced warfare than destiny but i shall get destiny day 1 since all my friends getting it.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 freedomfreak
@seanmcloughlin said:

Public for Ps3 and Ps4 the 17th.

Unless Bungie defines "public" as "for people that preordered it".

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

You serious? it will be fully public on the 17th? no pre-ordering required?

hopefully so i can try it out myself

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 freedomfreak
@finalstar2007 said:

A Gamespot article said so. Public beta.

But I don't know if it's only if you've preordered, which wouldn't make it public.

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#20  Edited By remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

@lostrib said:

Like 0 hype

@Pikminmaniac said:

None hype

@freedomfreak said:

Not hyped.

@system-reboot said:

@Salt_The_Fries said:

@lostrib said:

Like 0 hype

@seanmcloughlin said:

Not hyped even a little. I will try it just to see what the fuss is about though

@ninjapirate2000 said:

My hype is it a cool 2.

Pretty much what me & @SolidTy experienced. The gameplay was not exciting... Maybe the beta will change it? Not holding my breath though

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#21 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

On a scale of 1-10 with 1 being "not interested" and 10 being "OMFGZORB" I'm a 2.

I have a beta code coming to me on the 17th for the PS3, I'm sharing the two others with close friends and will hopefully have a good enough time to want to get the game when it hits PC.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46280 Posts

Is there a singleplayer ?

I've never played Halo online much either. I've always enjoyed its campaign and co-op more.

Zen_Light

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Zen_Light
Member since 2010 • 2143 Posts

Very hyped. Can't wait.

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ghostwarrior786

wow at the negativity, guys its DESTINY!!!! GET HYPEEEDDDDDD

@seanmcloughlin said:

i got in the beta using a code a gspot user provided and it says on bungie website that each code grants 3 download keys. i can give u a beta key if u want, bungie will be sending them out on 17th

@finalstar2007 said:

@freedomfreak said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

nah im 99% sure u have to pre-oder. i can give u a beta key if u like

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ghostwarrior786

@R4gn4r0k said:

I've never played Halo online much either. I've always enjoyed its campaign and co-op more.

it has a campaign yes and u can play through the whole of it individually but its online only, u must be connect to the net at all times

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#27 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

I'm the super hype. I'm legit looking forward to this game.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

I don't know, 4 or 5?

I've had a good time with Bungie's games. Halo 2 was awesome. Halo 3 was fun. Reach was a lot of fun, when I ignored that Armor lock existed. You know for their multiplayer, but as a developer of single player games. You know where pacing, level design, enemy variety, and encounter design can't just be saved by fundamental core mechanics, and a handful of levels done well (Halo 3 and Reach have shit map lists, but each have a handful of fun maps that make up for the shitty ones, that works for mp, not sp): they suck.

They are shit story tellers who have written poor scripts, at no point did they ever respond to the criticism of the flood by actually fixing them or improving them. They stayed equally shitty in Halo 2, and they were made twice as stupid in Halo 3: when you combined their brain dead nature+those shitty bug zappy fuckers+Gravemind's bullshit, asshole, Mt. Pious, golden calf, biblical bullshit with slow mo during Cortana. Their level design as a whole is atrocious, and it dates all the way back to Halo 1. The corridor shooting that aren't that fun in Halo, the senseless backtracking that doesn't fit in a game like that, and taking the same handful of enemies/combat ideas and copy n pasting them through the game with the rare vehicle section to mix it up. The environmental design consists of 90 degree angles of grey and blue that all looks the freakin the same after awhile. The action being turned into blow up 2 of these, or 3 of these, segments. That was Halo 1, and it followed them through Halo 2, through Halo 3, through ODST. Reach was a mild exception. The copy n paste level design had more than grey n blue corridors going for it this time.

Even when they flirted with mixing it up, it was pointless. Equipment didn't mean shit in Halo 3. ODST had ambiance and structure for story telling, but it was still more Halo, and the "stealth" aspect was completely unsastifying, and their more open combat encounters became combat puzzles overtime. Instead of the more open shit like say The Scarab in Halo 3 which you can crush from ATV, or the chaingun, or a jump off the station crane, or snipe from the crane. In contrast to what they created n ODST: which were shooting galleries, and Reach which consisted of essentially step by step combat puzzles. Do this, than do that, than do this. Rinse, repeat. Finish line. The saber stuff was a let down, as it was just a brief throw down with 2 enemy types that were cannon fodder. They didn't bother building it up, or evolving on it. It was a brief glimpse at something exciting, and then...oh, that's it?

And their follow up act after a decade of let downs, is a loot rpg that very much plays like Borderlands. Difference s? I'd argue the guns feel better, and the enemies felt more interesting because they at least did more than just run at you and get shot. The bob n weave, and the actually running back and getting in cover gives the combat a bit more spice. Problem? the flow of the game is only mildly different: it's still very much go here, shoot dudes, collect loot. There is no real depth to this system, or ingenuity, or mastery of an encounter: it's just typical loot rpg compulsive bullshit. More to the point that type of stuff is at least satisfying with MMO's/isometric loot rpgs because the battle systems are built with the idea of tactics/strategy/build. Action combat by its nature is more about instinct, reflex, and depth comes from management of tools or tools that help you on an emergent level (think Crysis, or the use of speed in Vanquish, bullet time in Max Payne/Fear).

So yeah when it comes to the Beta I want to see some major variety from a combat encounter standpoint. Otherwise hooray they made slightly better mmo borderlands. Borderlands aint that good to me. On the flip side I've had a lot of fun with Bungie mp games. And this is mp. So who knows. I got a 50/50 shot of either getting Good Bungie or Shit Bungie. I'll just choose to be less excited this time for a Bungie game though.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#29  Edited By Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Not in beta but I've been hyped since Destiny was announced.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#30 DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

First person shooter on consoles, but doesn't have a mouse and keyboard option. Sadly, i can't get hyped. I just need it for this genre.

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ghostwarrior786

@jg4xchamp said:

I don't know, 4 or 5?

I've had a good time with Bungie's games. Halo 2 was awesome. Halo 3 was fun. Reach was a lot of fun, when I ignored that Armor lock existed. You know for their multiplayer, but as a developer of single player games. You know where pacing, level design, enemy variety, and encounter design can't just be saved by fundamental core mechanics, and a handful of levels done well (Halo 3 and Reach have shit map lists, but each have a handful of fun maps that make up for the shitty ones, that works for mp, not sp): they suck.

They are shit story tellers who have written poor scripts, at no point did they ever respond to the criticism of the flood by actually fixing them or improving them. They stayed equally shitty in Halo 2, and they made twice as stupid in Halo 3: when you combined their brain dead nature+those shitty bug zappy fuckers+Gravemind's bullshit, asshole, Mt. Pious, golden calf, biblical bullshit with slow mo during Cortana. Their level design as a whole is atrocious, and it dates all the way back to Halo 1. The corridors that aren't that fun in Halo, the senseless backtracking that doesn't fit in a game like that, and taking the same handful of enemies/combat ideas and copy n pasting them through the game with the rare vehicle section to mix it up. The environmental design consists of 90 degree angles of grey and blue that all looks the freakin the same after awhile. The action being turned into blow up 2 of these, or 3 of these, segments.

Even when they flirted with mixing it up, it was pointless. Equipment didn't mean shit in Halo 2. ODST had atmosphere and structure for story telling, but it was still more Halo, and the "stealth" aspect was completely unsastifying, and their more open combat encounters became combat puzzles overtime. Instead of the more open shit like say The Scarab in Halo 3 which you can crush from ATV, or the chaingun, or a jump off the station crane, or snipe from the crane: they created segments in ODST: that were shooting galleries, and Reach which consisted of essentially step by step puzzles. Do this, than do that, than do this. Rinse, repeat. Finish line. The saber stuff was a let down, as it was just a brief throwdown with 2 enemy types that were cannon fodder.

And their follow up act after a decade of let downs, is a loot rpg that very much plays Borderlands. Difference I'd argue the guns feel better, and the enemies felt more interesting because they at least did more than just run at you and get shot. The bob n weave, and the actually running back and getting in cover gives the combat a bit more spice. Problem? the flow of the game is only mildly different: it's still very much go here, shoot dudes, collect loot. There is no real depth to this system, or ingenuity, or mastery of an encounter: it's just typical loot rpg compulsive bullshit. More to the point that type of stuff is at least satisfying with MMO's/isometric loot rpgs because the battle systems are built with the idea of tactics/strategy/build. Action combat by its nature is more about instinct, reflex, and depth is more from management of tools or tools that help you on an emergent level.

So yeah when it comes to the Beta I want to see some major variety from a combat encounter standpoint. Otherwise hooray they made slightly better mmo borderlands. Borderlands aint that good to me. On the flip side I've had a lot of fun with Bungie mp games. And this is mp. So who knows. I got a 50/50 shot of either getting Good Bungie or Shit Bungie. I'll just choose to be less excited this time for a Bungie game though.

the flood were a nuisance, i hated the repetitive level in the first game when they were first introduced and in halo 3 the gravemind level is the worst level in the entire game hands down. he did recite good poetry though. and u are right bungie are not good story tellers so i hope they have improved drastically for this game but from watching the trailers so far i doubt it. i just cant wait to try something new, ive been stick playing bad company 2 for 3 years i hate the new breed for multiplayer games but hopefully this can be good

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

hmmm. i'm not very hyped at all, but i thought i was the only one.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 jg4xchamp

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@jg4xchamp said:

I don't know, 4 or 5?

They are shit story tellers who have written poor scripts, at no point did they ever respond to the criticism of the flood by actually fixing them or improving them. They stayed equally shitty in Halo 2, and they made twice as stupid in Halo 3: when you combined their brain dead nature+those shitty bug zappy fuckers+Gravemind's bullshit, asshole, Mt. Pious, golden calf, biblical bullshit with slow mo during Cortana. Their level design as a whole is atrocious, and it dates all the way back to Halo 1. The corridors that aren't that fun in Halo, the senseless backtracking that doesn't fit in a game like that, and taking the same handful of enemies/combat ideas and copy n pasting them through the game with the rare vehicle section to mix it up. The environmental design consists of 90 degree angles of grey and blue that all looks the freakin the same after awhile. The action being turned into blow up 2 of these, or 3 of these, segments.

Even when they flirted with mixing it up, it was pointless. Equipment didn't mean shit in Halo 2. ODST had atmosphere and structure for story telling, but it was still more Halo, and the "stealth" aspect was completely unsastifying, and their more open combat encounters became combat puzzles overtime. Instead of the more open shit like say The Scarab in Halo 3 which you can crush from ATV, or the chaingun, or a jump off the station crane, or snipe from the crane: they created segments in ODST: that were shooting galleries, and Reach which consisted of essentially step by step puzzles. Do this, than do that, than do this. Rinse, repeat. Finish line. The saber stuff was a let down, as it was just a brief throwdown with 2 enemy types that were cannon fodder.

And their follow up act after a decade of let downs, is a loot rpg that very much plays Borderlands. Difference I'd argue the guns feel better, and the enemies felt more interesting because they at least did more than just run at you and get shot. The bob n weave, and the actually running back and getting in cover gives the combat a bit more spice. Problem? the flow of the game is only mildly different: it's still very much go here, shoot dudes, collect loot. There is no real depth to this system, or ingenuity, or mastery of an encounter: it's just typical loot rpg compulsive bullshit. More to the point that type of stuff is at least satisfying with MMO's/isometric loot rpgs because the battle systems are built with the idea of tactics/strategy/build. Action combat by its nature is more about instinct, reflex, and depth is more from management of tools or tools that help you on an emergent level.

the flood were a nuisance, i hated the repetitive level in the first game when they were first introduced and in halo 3 the gravemind level is the worst level in the entire game hands down. he did recite good poetry though. and u are right bungie are not good story tellers so i hope they have improved drastically for this game but from watching the trailers so far i doubt it. i just cant wait to try something new, ive been stick playing bad company 2 for 3 years i hate the new breed for multiplayer games but hopefully this can be good

It's MMO pvp man. Like if you didn't like the way Halo went after 3, because it wasn't even playing fields. You're not going to like the crucible stuff in Destiny. It's going to be about getting late game shit. It's fun when you have the stuff, I'll say that, but it's not Halo in its prime either.

I think the mp might be more fun as a coop game, and a pvp once you got some shit to pick on cannon fodder. As far as that down to the wire, 49-49, next timely kill wins type deals, it's probably not gonna be same level of intensity as Halo 2 at its peak, or 3 in Team Slayer, or Reach in Team Arena.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 silversix_

@deadline-zero0 said:

First person shooter on consoles, but doesn't have a mouse and keyboard option. Sadly, i can't get hyped. I just need it for this genre.

This game has more auto aim than almost any fps i've played on consoles ever.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#36 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@ghostwarrior786 said:

beta begins this thursday and i cant wait for it. really hyped to try out the multilayer for myself and see how it stacks up, hoping it is good because these recent multiplayer games suck

Wouldn't they not make the game available on the xbox if they didn't give a shit?

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By jg4xchamp

@Motokid6 said:

@jg4xchamp: Iol I'm not even going to get into it. I just straight up disagree with everything you just said and lets leave it at that.

Zen_Light

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Zen_Light

@cainetao11 said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

Wouldn't they not make the game available on the xbox if they didn't give a shit?

That's why I don't understand the hate that Xbox fans have for Destiny.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#39 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@Zen_Light said:

@cainetao11 said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

I didn't know there was. I have mine pre ordered and am looking forward to September.

DivineSword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 DivineSword  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 15840 Posts

Forgot that this game even existed, which should show how hype I am about this game.

Zen_Light

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Zen_Light

@cainetao11 said:

@Zen_Light said:

@cainetao11 said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

I didn't know there was. I have mine pre ordered and am looking forward to September.

There's a lot of hate for Bungie from Xbox fans on the Bungie forums, and a lot of hate for the game from Xbox fans who write articles on N4G asking people to not buy the game, and that they want it to fail. They think they were betrayed by Bungie for some reason, but they're still getting Destiny just like Playstation fans.

Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Dire_Weasel
Member since 2002 • 16681 Posts

Significantly hyped.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#43 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@remiks00 said:

@lostrib said:

Like 0 hype

@Pikminmaniac said:

None hype

@freedomfreak said:

Not hyped.

@system-reboot said:

@Salt_The_Fries said:

@lostrib said:

Like 0 hype

@seanmcloughlin said:

@ninjapirate2000 said:

My hype is it a cool 2.

Pretty much what me & @SolidTy experienced. The gameplay was not exciting... Maybe the beta will change it? Not holding my breath though

Same man. :)

I can see the mass appeal (or at least what ACTI and Bungie are going for), but as of the Destiny Alpha, color me unimpressed. I'm going to give the Beta a shake soon enough though.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#44 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

It's a beta so....marginally hyped? Really the only thing I'm looking forward to is seeing Destiny on a platform that isn't the PS4.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#45 lundy86_4  Online
Member since 2003 • 61481 Posts

I have no interest in the beta. I'm pretty interested in the game.

madskills6117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#47  Edited By madskills6117
Member since 2006 • 4172 Posts

After playing the alpha I'm definitely hyped for the beta. It will carry me until the last of us remastered is released.

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

This beta is a make it or break it for me and it's a deciding a factor which edition of the game I'll be game sharing. Bungie have made AAA games in a row. So I assume this will also have the same quality. Hopefully Sony's shooter curse didn't affect Bungie's ability to make a quality shooter since it seems like the PS4 is the lead system.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46280 Posts

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

it has a campaign yes and u can play through the whole of it individually but its online only, u must be connect to the net at all times

Ok, but it sounds like I'll be missing out on a lot by playing this SP and not doing co-op or online ?

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 silversix_

lots of hate toward Destiny on SW holy shit