Destiny best PS4 and upcoming graphics king

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by m3dude1 (1175 posts) -

RIP PC

#2 Posted by Mr_Huggles_dog (688 posts) -

While I think Destiny looks pretty good....I don't think it's even the best looking console game.

But then again...I didn't enjoy the living fuck out of the beta due to it's graphics. Anyway you slice it ....day 1 purchase for me.

#3 Posted by Snugenz (11818 posts) -

I love Destiny and it's a good looking game but heeeeeeeelll no.

#4 Posted by m3dude1 (1175 posts) -

the game is boring as shit but as the screens i posted above show, its clearly graphics king

#5 Posted by topgunmv (10187 posts) -

Definitely not.

It's what I imagine Halo Reach would have looked like if it were 1080p.

#6 Posted by lostrib (34657 posts) -

Fad threads are bad threads

#7 Edited by Mr_Huggles_dog (688 posts) -

@topgunmv said:

Definitely not.

Good thing it's just your imagination.

#8 Posted by onewiththegame (4245 posts) -

I enjoy Destiny but it's no graphic king

#9 Posted by AM-Gamer (3583 posts) -

Destiny does look pretty amazing. Don't think it's king though.

#10 Edited by BldgIrsh (1651 posts) -

"PC gamers are such graphic whores."

"It's always hermits that bring up graphics into discussions."

Then there's this crap infesting the SW's yet consolites complain about PC users always stating their dominance with superior performance.

#11 Posted by lostrib (34657 posts) -

@bldgirsh said:

"PC gamers are such graphic whores."

"It's always hermits that bring up graphics into discussions."

Then there's this crap infesting the SW's yet consolites complain about PC users always stating their dominance with superior performance.

it's a fad thread response to the Unreal Tournament thread

#12 Posted by topgunmv (10187 posts) -

@topgunmv said:

Definitely not.

Good thing it's just your imagination.

I feel I'm being generous.

Some people say it looks like a downgrade.

Of course beta that is subject to change and all that, but the last game Bungie made that impressed me visually was Halo2.

#13 Edited by BldgIrsh (1651 posts) -

@lostrib: Ahh... Alright. No point of staying in this thread then it'll get locked soon.

#14 Posted by foxhound_fox (87750 posts) -

Killzone: Shadow Fall looks better than Destiny.

#15 Edited by SolidTy (42470 posts) -

At it's core, Destiny is just a PS360 game with a few effects and resolution sprinkled in for new gen consoles.

It's an okay looking game that plays great.

Plus, Bungie stated graphics parity is there goal, so don't expect them to tap the juice in these new machines. They have their hands busy catering to the PS360 install bases. Bungie went from making a game every few years on ONE CONSOLE to making a game for FOUR CONSOLES. They don't exactly have the resources or reasons to really push the PS4/Xbone hardware.

It's a PS360 game with PS360 assets. Nothing special to see with regards to the games visuals.

#16 Edited by Nanomage (2410 posts) -

Yeah,not even remotely close.

#17 Edited by mikhail (1139 posts) -

Look at these textures...this is the graphics king? How about those obelisks that are made up of about 4 polygons? Impressive! The background is a 2d painted static image. Game runs at barely 30 fps.

Get real. Destiny is fun but it's just a repackaged Halo, and not a very good one at that.

#18 Posted by MonsieurX (29569 posts) -

bad thread is bad

#19 Posted by EasyComeEasyGo (584 posts) -

Play Destiny Beta on PS4, it's Boarderlands meets Halo. Been there-Done that.

#20 Edited by Stringerboy (6950 posts) -

>concept art

#21 Posted by Heirren (16576 posts) -

Everything I've seen of Destiny looks like garbage. Has it improved? Because last I saw it looked like up resolutioned Halo Reach. Probably uses the Halo Reach engine.

#22 Posted by mems_1224 (46598 posts) -

lol concept art lol

Destiny looks good but Bungie will never make a graphics king. These are the same people that thought Halo 2 looked good.

#23 Posted by BldgIrsh (1651 posts) -

@mems_1224: Ugh. He was waiting for someone to call out his pics as "concept art." Gonna wait for his "witty" response about the UT thread now.

#24 Edited by silversix_ (14083 posts) -

After spending close to 40h in the beta, it is no where near close to be a graphics king. There are games released in 09 that looks better...

#25 Posted by m3dude1 (1175 posts) -

@Heirren said:

Everything I've seen of Destiny looks like garbage. Has it improved? Because last I saw it looked like up resolutioned Halo Reach. Probably uses the Halo Reach engine.

u should check the pics in my OP for the current state of the games graphics

#26 Posted by BldgIrsh (1651 posts) -

@Heirren: They've already stated that the beta is the final game with minor tweaks.

#27 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (24923 posts) -

Doesn't look any different from what 343 did with Halo 4 let alone Bungie with Halo Reach (remember when that was "Graphics King"?), Doesn't look any better than Star Citizen, Doesn't look better than Skyrim with Realism ENB.

#28 Edited by slimdogmilionar (487 posts) -

@m3dude1 said:

RIP PC

Destiny graphics king. LMAO ....You must not have seen the Unreal tournament previews.

#29 Posted by Shielder7 (5152 posts) -

It's a cross gen game so no.

#30 Posted by DarthRamms (354 posts) -

terrible thread lol

#31 Posted by Heirren (16576 posts) -

@m3dude1 said:

@Heirren said:

u should check the pics in my OP for the current state of the games graphics

Looks like lackluster concept art.

#32 Edited by Flubbbs (2974 posts) -

ban TC

#33 Edited by m3dude1 (1175 posts) -

even cross gen console exclusives blow the doors off of anything the pc is doing...jesus

#34 Posted by yokofox33 (29375 posts) -

Looks good, but certainly not the best looking game I've ever seen. It's pretty for sure though.

#35 Posted by AdobeArtist (22823 posts) -

Posting pics does not a topic make.