Destiny 1080P on X1 confirmed by Bungie

• 171 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

edwardecl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 edwardecl
Member since 2005 • 2240 Posts
@lostrib said:

Isn't it getting a bit tiring being excited every time a game manages to hit 1080p?

I'm sure the Xbone can play pong @1080p with no compromises...

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#152 darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

@SolidTy said:

@Alucard_Prime said:

Cool stuff, wasn't a huge thing for me but I can't say I'm not happy, and this would have been a sticking point for many. Assuming the rest of the technical performance is not too different than that of the PS4, I think dual console owners will have a more challienging dillema here.....this is an online heavy game, to be played with friends, so the deciding factors for many will be which controller they like best, which online service they prefer(which has better party-chat options, etc). , where most of their friends will be playing, etc.

You mentioned friends twice, but another variable would be the access to exclusive Destiny content for a year as well.

If everything was 100% even, then extra content could be worthwhile, but in honesty most of the extra content in games is usually pretty short and lacking. I mean i got the breakthrough content from watch dogs. it was 1 5 minute mission and a perk i never really noticed anyway. then a month later they added it and the other pre order exclusive DLC to the season pass anyway. So i went and did the palace and again a 5 minute mission. Don't really care to do the 3rd one. Batman Arkham city was the same. all the exclusive content from each retailer was pretty short and not worth it. I got AC3 for the PS3 for the extra content and it was pretty much nothing again. BL2 preorder stuff was useless weapons. Ryse pre order bonus again useless weapons etc etc. In short, most "exclusive" content or "exclusive retailer bonus" stuff is pretty short and useless and is only there to push games. I haven't seen any on the MS or Sony side that have been worth it for as long as its been done. If it comes down to an extra 30 minutes of content and a hat compared to having 20+ friends to play with over 1 or 2, I'd rather go with my friends personally> i could probably list at least 20 games with exclusive content where the content was pointless. How many can you list where the content was actually worthwhile, long, and made a difference?

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#153  Edited By lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

is like lemmings having a celebration or something lol

i wonder if lemmings think that destiny looks next gen

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 darkangel115

@lglz1337 said:

is like lemmings having a celebration or something lol

i wonder if lemmings think that destiny looks next gen

technically, as long as it looks better then the 360/ps3 version, it looks next gen ;)

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#155 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@darkangel115 said:

@darkangel115 said:

@AzatiS said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@AzatiS said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

Source

Since the original was locked due to lack of posts....here it is again.

What excuse will cows use now? I argued with a few of you folks about this and now you must eat crow.

Edit: New article with statement from Bungie

Source

ā€œ[Destiny] runs at the same resolution [and] frame-rate as the PS4. We basically got together with Microsoft, and got a bunch of engineers here to work on optimizing and taking advantage of the system reserve. Basically that extra GPU time that Microsoft gave us ā€“ and yeah, we got it up to 1080p.ā€œ

What do you mean excuse , i dont get you .... Lems are the ones chasing PS4 on sales and performance . What do you mean excuse ?

X1 getting Destiny on 1080p , you really think Frames per Second or Graphical settings will be on par if that happens ? You really an 7790 can achieve what an 7850 can ? No it cant , period. And if they pushed Destiny to 1080p for X1 then it will lack something else ( either frames lag or graphical settings ) EXCEPT if they downgraded game in such degree to look and play the same on both consoles in purpose ( something that 95% of developers seems not be interested in ) which i dont want to believe.

The excuses that you all are using now....and I believe what Bungie states above...resolution and frame-rate is the same.

Read my post again and answer a simple question.

Do you beleive an 7790 can achieve what 7850 can graphically ? Theres not 1 in a million to do so. I repeat so you fanboy understand this.

If X1 push a game to 1080 will do it only if sacrifice something else. FPS or Graphical detail or both. If it manage to stay on same FPS then on big fights frames lag will be way worse than PC and PS4. Now IF Bungie saying both versions will run on same resolution and frames then sorry but graphical detail wont be the same.

Now IF , again , IF all 3 ( resolutions/FPS/Graphical settings ) are exactly the same do you really beleive that some magic trick made 7790 to be on par with 7850 OR that Bungie wanted to make both versions identical therefore it had to NOT take into consideration PS4s way better GPU ?

Lems you are out of control !

1) I'm gonna chime in with a different theory if you don't mind.

2) 1st off lets present what we know for sure (assuming we take bungie at its word) The X1 version was going to be 900/30 and the PS4 version at 1080/30. That was the original plan, MS released the june SDK which gave a 10% boost by removing the kinect gestures and that allowed bungie to get it to 1080p.

3) Now with that said, when they say aiming for parity, couldn't that suggest that they are putting in extra late work to use the june SDK and get the X1 version on par with the already 1080p version of the PS4? Also the fact that they were going with 900p before the June SDK would show they didn't "gimp" the PS4 version. So them saying they want parity would likely mean that they are going to bump up and use the extra power from the June SDK to get the X1 version to achieve parity with the PS4 version which is already finished. Now that is the most logical, because If it was the other way around, they would have went with 900p on both effectively "gimping" the PS4 version for forced parity. Why people came to this unlikely negative scenario over the more likely one I just posted is beyond me

4) Now as far as the power differential goes, We haven't seen a big framerate difference in any game so far outside of TR:DE. Most PS4 games and X1 games are 30 FPS. some are 60 but usually its the same on both with the 1 exception, however we do know that 2 different studios made that game. Lets say for the sake of fanboys arguments that indeed we should see a 50% difference. well if the X1 version is topped out at a stable 30 FPS, then the PS4 version could theoretically top out at a stable 45FPs. Since no dev i known have opted for 45 FPS and they go with 30 or 60, how can this 50% power make a difference? Do they choose to go with 45FPS? or do they lock it at 30 with the X1 version? No i know that isn't a perfect analogy and I know that the PS4 isn't in fact 50% more powerful, But it is more powerful, The point is, the power gap isn't big enough for a significant difference in games. If the X1 runs at 1080p, the PS4 isn't going to push 4k, If the X1 runs at 60FPS the PS4 isn't going to run it at 120. Its that simple. So if we see a game like wolfenstien that is 1080/60 on both and looks pretty much identical, what are they going to do with the "extra" power on the PS4? make it 1081p and 61fps to please fanboys? lol

So nobody responds to the reasonable post?

I will.

1) Feel free to

2) Why we havent seen yet any other game to utilize this "boost" but Destiny alone ? Sunset Overdrive comes with 900p/30fps and its an exclusive , that was also the plan since the start. Something isnt right here isnt ?

3) What you calling parity exactly ? Resolution alone ? Fps ? Graphical quality ? All 3 ? Will X1 version look as crispy as PS4 on that resolution ? Depth of field ? Lighting and shadows ? You think the graphic war ends on resolution and fps ? You really think an SDK can make a 7790 perform as an 7850 and DDR3 perform as GDDR5 ? I dont think so.

4) Weve seen HUGE framerate difference in games as of yet ( and its just the start ) ... Sorry but you need to hit the search button on youtube or google or whatever and check for yourself. A game that supposedly runs on 60fps and gets an average of 20fps when action becomes nasty ( or particles or whatever the case ) .... when the same game on the same scene gets an average of 45 that myfriend is a huge framerate difference when a game runs on 1080p. Just go look yourself. You sound like both PS4 and X1 having the same averages which is far from truth.

So answer me that , since the infamous SDK is here and making X1 as strong as PS4 while you think everything is pretty much identical and there isnt any gap .... why Sunset runs 900p ! Why so many multiplatforms running , looking and playing better on PS4 ?

sam890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 sam890
Member since 2005 • 1119 Posts

Peasants are excited to get 1080p lmao

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By Antwan3K
Member since 2005 • 8046 Posts

@AzatiS said:

@darkangel115 said:

@darkangel115 said:

@AzatiS said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@AzatiS said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

Source

What excuse will cows use now? I argued with a few of you folks about this and now you must eat crow.

Source

ā€œ[Destiny] runs at the same resolution [and] frame-rate as the PS4. We basically got together with Microsoft, and got a bunch of engineers here to work on optimizing and taking advantage of the system reserve. Basically that extra GPU time that Microsoft gave us ā€“ and yeah, we got it up to 1080p.ā€œ

What do you mean excuse , i dont get you .... Lems are the ones chasing PS4 on sales and performance . What do you mean excuse ?

X1 getting Destiny on 1080p , you really think Frames per Second or Graphical settings will be on par if that happens ? You really an 7790 can achieve what an 7850 can ? No it cant , period. And if they pushed Destiny to 1080p for X1 then it will lack something else ( either frames lag or graphical settings ) EXCEPT if they downgraded game in such degree to look and play the same on both consoles in purpose ( something that 95% of developers seems not be interested in ) which i dont want to believe.

The excuses that you all are using now....and I believe what Bungie states above...resolution and frame-rate is the same.

Do you beleive an 7790 can achieve what 7850 can graphically ? Theres not 1 in a million to do so. I repeat so you fanboy understand this.

If X1 push a game to 1080 will do it only if sacrifice something else. FPS or Graphical detail or both. If it manage to stay on same FPS then on big fights frames lag will be way worse than PC and PS4. Now IF Bungie saying both versions will run on same resolution and frames then sorry but graphical detail wont be the same.

Now IF , again , IF all 3 ( resolutions/FPS/Graphical settings ) are exactly the same do you really beleive that some magic trick made 7790 to be on par with 7850 OR that Bungie wanted to make both versions identical therefore it had to NOT take into consideration PS4s way better GPU ?

2) 1st off lets present what we know for sure (assuming we take bungie at its word) The X1 version was going to be 900/30 and the PS4 version at 1080/30. That was the original plan, MS released the june SDK which gave a 10% boost by removing the kinect gestures and that allowed bungie to get it to 1080p.

3) Now with that said, when they say aiming for parity, couldn't that suggest that they are putting in extra late work to use the june SDK and get the X1 version on par with the already 1080p version of the PS4? Also the fact that they were going with 900p before the June SDK would show they didn't "gimp" the PS4 version. So them saying they want parity would likely mean that they are going to bump up and use the extra power from the June SDK to get the X1 version to achieve parity with the PS4 version which is already finished. Now that is the most logical, because If it was the other way around, they would have went with 900p on both effectively "gimping" the PS4 version for forced parity. Why people came to this unlikely negative scenario over the more likely one I just posted is beyond me

4) Now as far as the power differential goes, We haven't seen a big framerate difference in any game so far outside of TR:DE. Most PS4 games and X1 games are 30 FPS. some are 60 but usually its the same on both with the 1 exception, however we do know that 2 different studios made that game. Lets say for the sake of fanboys arguments that indeed we should see a 50% difference. well if the X1 version is topped out at a stable 30 FPS, then the PS4 version could theoretically top out at a stable 45FPs. Since no dev i known have opted for 45 FPS and they go with 30 or 60, how can this 50% power make a difference? Do they choose to go with 45FPS? or do they lock it at 30 with the X1 version? No i know that isn't a perfect analogy and I know that the PS4 isn't in fact 50% more powerful, But it is more powerful, The point is, the power gap isn't big enough for a significant difference in games. If the X1 runs at 1080p, the PS4 isn't going to push 4k, If the X1 runs at 60FPS the PS4 isn't going to run it at 120. Its that simple. So if we see a game like wolfenstien that is 1080/60 on both and looks pretty much identical, what are they going to do with the "extra" power on the PS4? make it 1081p and 61fps to please fanboys? lol

I will.

1) Feel free to

2) Why we havent seen yet any other game to utilize this "boost" but Destiny alone ? Sunset Overdrive comes with 900p/30fps and its an exclusive , that was also the plan since the start. Something isnt right here isnt ?

3) What you calling parity exactly ? Resolution alone ? Fps ? Graphical quality ? All 3 ? Will X1 version look as crispy as PS4 on that resolution ? Depth of field ? Lighting and shadows ? You think the graphic war ends on resolution and fps ? You really think an SDK can make a 7790 perform as an 7850 and DDR3 perform as GDDR5 ? I dont think so.

4) Weve seen HUGE framerate difference in games as of yet ( and its just the start ) ... Sorry but you need to hit the search button on youtube or google or whatever and check for yourself. A game that supposedly runs on 60fps and gets an average of 20fps when action becomes nasty ( or particles or whatever the case ) .... when the same game on the same scene gets an average of 45 that myfriend is a huge framerate difference when a game runs on 1080p. Just go look yourself. You sound like both PS4 and X1 having the same averages which is far from truth.

So answer me that , since the infamous SDK is here and making X1 as strong as PS4 while you think everything is pretty much identical and there isnt any gap .... why Sunset runs 900p ! Why so many multiplatforms running , looking and playing better on PS4 ?

i'll respond to your response..

2). The developers of "The Crew" also indicated that the extra boost from the June SDK helped them reach 1080p parity with the PS4: http://gamingbolt.com/the-crew-developer-explains-how-they-achieved-1080p-resolution-on-xbox-one-5-cpu-reserve-helped .. The Sunset Overdrive developers decided to add more enemies on screen and particle effects rather than push for a higher resolution (essentially deciding to enhance gameplay features that people will actually notice without a Digital Foundry article): http://gamingbolt.com/sunset-overdrive-has-more-characters-particles-due-to-xbox-one-sdk-update-may-optimize-even-further .. as a side note, I honestly hope more developers take this route.. fanboys have made "1080p" such a holy grail that developers are now afraid to put out anything less than that, which can potentially hinder progress rather than encourage it.. for example, I would rather have a game running at 900p/60fps rather than 1080p/30fps.. but that's just my personal opinion and has no real bearing on this conversation.. moving on

3). No one is saying that the June SDK magically made the Xbox One as powerful as a PS4.. What is being said is that "1080p" is becoming less of a talking point now.. is the PS4 still more powerful?.. yes.. will the average gamer be able to see the difference if both are running a game at the same resolution and framerate?.. no.. The only way you'll be able to get your PS4 fanboy warm fuzzies is with Digital Foundry articles pointing out a small difference that no one else would ever otherwise notice in day-to-day gameplay.. if that's what is ultimately important to you as a gamer, have fun with that.. but if that's your primary focus, why not just build a PC?..

and while PS4 fanboys are pouring over DF articles to find the slightest differences in visuals, Xbox One owners will be enjoying more tangible, in-your-face, differences like Snap splitscreen multitasking, seamless TV integration, deeply integrated voice search and voice navigation, instant resume from a standby mode, notifications for when friends come online, 3D bluray support, external HDD support, universal video chat via Skype (even in split screen), liking and commenting on activity feeds, and a host of other bells and whistles that PS4 gamers claim they don't care about but are being added monthly to the Xbox One..

4). "huge" is a strong word.. the only notable game that has had a difference in framerate was Tomb Raider: The Definitive Edition in which two different developers made that game for each console, the Xbox One was locked at 30fps, and the PS4 was unlocked; which meant that it could run up to 60 fps when nothing was going on but dropped wildly down to 30 fps in heavy action with an average of 50 fps overall.. ironically, many people preferred the relatively locked framerate of the Xbox One version to the more chaotic and inconsistent fluctuations of the PS4 version, but that's entirely subjective.. other than that, all multiplatform games have run at the same 30fps or 60fps on both consoles.. so as Darkangel115 pointed out, unless developers want to run their framerates unlocked on the PS4 versions of games (which would be undesirable for obvious reasons and would only be done to feed the fanboy wars, which clearly wouldn't be a good business practice), we aren't going to typically be seeing games running at 1080p/30fps for Xbox One but 1080p/60fps on the PS4.. they are going to be running at the same framerate which essentially negates the "50% more Powah" argument.. sure, the extra power is definitely still there, but if we won't be seeing it materialize in much higher framerates, much higher resolutions, and loads of additional effects that don't require a Digital Foundry article to uncover, what does it matter?..

So to answer your question, the infamous SDK is here and nobody has been saying that it makes the Xbox One as strong as the PS4.. The Sunset Overdrive devs are a 3rd party company like any other 3rd party and considering how relatively late the SDK was released in their development cycle, they opted to add more gameplay effects rather than push for a higher resolution.. kudos to them in my opinion.. and sure, through a DF lense, earlier multiplats were looking better on PS4, but when normal people (i.e. not fanboys) look at Watch Dogs on my Xbox One and then look at Watch Dogs on their PS4, they don't see that "huge" difference of 792p vs 900p.. they just see two good looking games that look virtually identical to everyone not on these forums.. clearly, with more and more multiplatform games being announced at 1080p for both consoles, people are not going to be able to notice a difference unless someone tells them otherwise.. you want to say multiplatform games are "looking and playing better on PS4" and that's great.. but review scores indicate that the games play exactly the same.. except for the fact that I can watch a live UFC event while grinding XP in Destiny on Xbox One, or have a Skype video chat while playing Destiny on Xbox One, or hunt achievements in Destiny with my achievements list updating in real-time in split screen on Xbox One, or play Destiny while my fantasy football scores are updated in real time in splitscreen on Xbox One, and you can't do any of that on PS4.. considering both games are 1080p/30fps, those kinds of additions matter to me way more than any minimal difference in detail DF can dig up.. if you want to talk about "huge", those kind of features and functionality are huge by comparison to what the PS4 can do.. it's those kind of features, functionality, and options that make playing a multiplatform game on Xbox One better than playing that same game on PS4 in my opinion..

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 regnaston
Member since 2008 • 4681 Posts

Got up to level 6 tonight.

Game is ok, not sure I will buy it

soapandbubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 soapandbubbles
Member since 2010 • 3412 Posts

That's cause the game looks terrible. they should have left it at 720p and bumped up the graphics.

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

Jaggies and 900p aside. The Beta on Xbox One runs MUCH better than it does on PS4. I'm sure the 1080p upgrade on the final release will mess that up though.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 darkangel115

@Antwan3K said:

@AzatiS said:

@darkangel115 said:

@darkangel115 said:

@AzatiS said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@AzatiS said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

Source

Source

I will.

1) Feel free to

2). The developers of "The Crew" also indicated that the extra boost from the June SDK helped them reach 1080p parity with the PS4: http://gamingbolt.com/the-crew-developer-explains-how-they-achieved-1080p-resolution-on-xbox-one-5-cpu-reserve-helped .. The Sunset Overdrive developers decided to add more enemies on screen and particle effects rather than push for a higher resolution (essentially deciding to enhance gameplay features that people will actually notice without a Digital Foundry article): http://gamingbolt.com/sunset-overdrive-has-more-characters-particles-due-to-xbox-one-sdk-update-may-optimize-even-further .. as a side note, I honestly hope more developers take this route.. fanboys have made "1080p" such a holy grail that developers are now afraid to put out anything less than that, which can potentially hinder progress rather than encourage it.. for example, I would rather have a game running at 900p/60fps rather than 1080p/30fps.. but that's just my personal opinion and has no real bearing on this conversation.. moving on

3). No one is saying that the June SDK magically made the Xbox One as powerful as a PS4.. What is being said is that "1080p" is becoming less of a talking point now.. is the PS4 still more powerful?.. yes.. will the average gamer be able to see the difference if both are running a game at the same resolution and framerate?.. no.. The only way you'll be able to get your PS4 fanboy warm fuzzies is with Digital Foundry articles pointing out a small difference that no one else would ever otherwise notice in day-to-day gameplay.. if that's what is ultimately important to you as a gamer, have fun with that.. but if that's your primary focus, why not just build a PC?..

and while PS4 fanboys are pouring over DF articles to find the slightest differences in visuals, Xbox One owners will be enjoying more tangible, in-your-face, differences like Snap splitscreen multitasking, seamless TV integration, deeply integrated voice search and voice navigation, instant resume from a standby mode, notifications for when friends come online, 3D bluray support, external HDD support, universal video chat via Skype (even in split screen), liking and commenting on activity feeds, and a host of other bells and whistles that PS4 gamers claim they don't care about but are being added monthly to the Xbox One..

4). "huge" is a strong word.. the only notable game that has had a difference in framerate was Tomb Raider: The Definitive Edition in which two different developers made that game for each console, the Xbox One was locked at 30fps, and the PS4 was unlocked; which meant that it could run up to 60 fps when nothing was going on but dropped wildly down to 30 fps in heavy action with an average of 50 fps overall.. ironically, many people preferred the relatively locked framerate of the Xbox One version to the more chaotic and inconsistent fluctuations of the PS4 version, but that's entirely subjective.. other than that, all multiplatform games have run at the same 30fps or 60fps on both consoles.. so as Darkangel115 pointed out, unless developers want to run their framerates unlocked on the PS4 versions of games (which would be undesirable for obvious reasons and would only be done to feed the fanboy wars, which clearly wouldn't be a good business practice), we aren't going to typically be seeing games running at 1080p/30fps for Xbox One but 1080p/60fps on the PS4.. they are going to be running at the same framerate which essentially negates the "50% more Powah" argument.. sure, the extra power is definitely still there, but if we won't be seeing it materialize in much higher framerates, much higher resolutions, and loads of additional effects that don't require a Digital Foundry article to uncover, what does it matter?..

So to answer your question, the infamous SDK is here and nobody has been saying that it makes the Xbox One as strong as the PS4.. The Sunset Overdrive devs are a 3rd party company like any other 3rd party and considering how relatively late the SDK was released in their development cycle, they opted to add more gameplay effects rather than push for a higher resolution.. kudos to them in my opinion.. and sure, through a DF lense, earlier multiplats were looking better on PS4, but when normal people (i.e. not fanboys) look at Watch Dogs on my Xbox One and then look at Watch Dogs on their PS4, they don't see that "huge" difference of 792p vs 900p.. they just see two good looking games that look virtually identical to everyone not on these forums.. clearly, with more and more multiplatform games being announced at 1080p for both consoles, people are not going to be able to notice a difference unless someone tells them otherwise.. you want to say multiplatform games are "looking and playing better on PS4" and that's great.. but review scores indicate that the games play exactly the same.. except for the fact that I can watch a live UFC event while grinding XP in Destiny on Xbox One, or have a Skype video chat while playing Destiny on Xbox One, or hunt achievements in Destiny with my achievements list updating in real-time in split screen on Xbox One, or play Destiny while my fantasy football scores are updated in real time in splitscreen on Xbox One, and you can't do any of that on PS4.. considering both games are 1080p/30fps, those kinds of additions matter to me way more than any minimal difference in detail DF can dig up.. if you want to talk about "huge", those kind of features and functionality are huge by comparison to what the PS4 can do.. it's those kind of features, functionality, and options that make playing a multiplatform game on Xbox One better than playing that same game on PS4 in my opinion..

This replay is for @AzatiS I quoted this because antwan3k already gave u most of the answers.

1) Thanks

2) Maybe because the SDK just came out last month. and nothing has come out since then? Also in the case of SO as antwan explained and gave links to, Insomniac opted to add more particle effects and enemies over bumping the resolution. To give you a good example. take infamous. Both infamous and SO are open world games to a point. But infamous was small and lifeless. There weren't many NPCs or enemies at once the city was small and plain. They couldn't get it to a stable 1080p/30fps So they opted to remove dynamic shadows from the game. They could have left them and say went with 900p but I don't think sony would have liked that. So they sacrificed to hit 1080. Mind you infamous is still a very good looking game, But with sunset OD being 900p/30fps a bigger world and a ton more enemies and city that is full of life, wouldn't you think that infamous could have ran 1080p for such a barebones game without removing the dynamic lighting? The point is, devs will have to choose how they want to use the power of both systems, both are limited.

3) parity to me, is making things about equal. Not necessarily the same, but pretty much the same. The NFL has parity, MLB doesn't. Yes the NFL still has teams that are better, but in the NFL every team has strict restrictions to their spending, where as the MLB you can buy whatever player you want and it unbalances the teams. If once version is missing an extra shadow, or has a little less AA or has pre baked lighting over dynamic lighting, its still parity. If someone playing on both can't notice anything w/o reading a DF article, then they have achieved parity.

4) no we haven't seen huge framerate differences. Outside of TR:DE the framerates have been the same. and even if there are drops in both (which there are) the differences is usually a couple of frames. as in 1-3 frames. I mean hell TR:DE on X1 was an avg of 29.97 so it was dead on, the PS4 version was an avg of 51 (so 9 frames under the 60 advertised) with dips down into the low 40s.

5) I never said the X1 was as strong as a PS4, What i said was that the gap isn't as big as people think. And it is small enough that it won't make a large difference in games. Also not 1 game has been released since the SDK came out so how can you judge the difference it has made? All we know is that destiny went from 900p to 1080p with it and SO is adding more fun in the game over a resolution boost

GamersJustGame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 GamersJustGame
Member since 2014 • 323 Posts

I will pick this up for PS4.

However its laughable to see lems, cows and hermits talk about how much raw power the difference is between 7790 and 7850. Here is the thing..... they are not true 7790 and 7850 cards. The benchmarks are comparable with the 7850 always have the edge. With that said the added ESRAM does close that gap slightly. The fact is, X1 and PS4 are about on par with PS4 having a slight edge in performance.

I also hear about cows and lems argue over parity. However we went through this last generation with the PS3 holding back the 360 when it came to multiplats. The game looks great on both.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#164  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@darkangel115 said:

@Antwan3K said:

@AzatiS said:

@darkangel115 said:

@darkangel115 said:

@AzatiS said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@AzatiS said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

Source

Source

I will.

1) Feel free to

This replay is for @AzatiS I quoted this because antwan3k already gave u most of the answers.

1) Thanks

2) Maybe because the SDK just came out last month. and nothing has come out since then? Also in the case of SO as antwan explained and gave links to, Insomniac opted to add more particle effects and enemies over bumping the resolution. To give you a good example. take infamous. Both infamous and SO are open world games to a point. But infamous was small and lifeless. There weren't many NPCs or enemies at once the city was small and plain. They couldn't get it to a stable 1080p/30fps So they opted to remove dynamic shadows from the game. They could have left them and say went with 900p but I don't think sony would have liked that. So they sacrificed to hit 1080. Mind you infamous is still a very good looking game, But with sunset OD being 900p/30fps a bigger world and a ton more enemies and city that is full of life, wouldn't you think that infamous could have ran 1080p for such a barebones game without removing the dynamic lighting? The point is, devs will have to choose how they want to use the power of both systems, both are limited.

3) parity to me, is making things about equal. Not necessarily the same, but pretty much the same. The NFL has parity, MLB doesn't. Yes the NFL still has teams that are better, but in the NFL every team has strict restrictions to their spending, where as the MLB you can buy whatever player you want and it unbalances the teams. If once version is missing an extra shadow, or has a little less AA or has pre baked lighting over dynamic lighting, its still parity. If someone playing on both can't notice anything w/o reading a DF article, then they have achieved parity.

4) no we haven't seen huge framerate differences. Outside of TR:DE the framerates have been the same. and even if there are drops in both (which there are) the differences is usually a couple of frames. as in 1-3 frames. I mean hell TR:DE on X1 was an avg of 29.97 so it was dead on, the PS4 version was an avg of 51 (so 9 frames under the 60 advertised) with dips down into the low 40s.

5) I never said the X1 was as strong as a PS4, What i said was that the gap isn't as big as people think. And it is small enough that it won't make a large difference in games. Also not 1 game has been released since the SDK came out so how can you judge the difference it has made? All we know is that destiny went from 900p to 1080p with it and SO is adding more fun in the game over a resolution boost

To make it short .

We will see if SDK is X1s savior or not . SDK cant transform an 7790 and DDR3 to 7850 and GDDR5. Thats the main issue here and that wont change no matter what. When it comes to graphics is not only about resolution , only frames or only graphical details... All 3 combined is. So parity ? What parity ? Where do you see parity ? Show me a single game !! Its up to developers if they want parity its not up to X1 really.

My logic is that its up to developers if they want to take advantage of PS4s extra power ( it seems many want to ) . So , search in youtube for FPS differences , graphical setting difference or resolutions ...or even worse for X1 fans... ALL 3 combined in youtube or google them. There are thousands of them and are far from tiny... while its just the start of this generation

Lets see who is right and who is wrong , we got 5-6 years ahead and many games to be released , exclusives and multis.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By darkangel115

@gamersjustgame said:

I will pick this up for PS4.

However its laughable to see lems, cows and hermits talk about how much raw power the difference is between 7790 and 7850. Here is the thing..... they are not true 7790 and 7850 cards. The benchmarks are comparable with the 7850 always have the edge. With that said the added ESRAM does close that gap slightly. The fact is, X1 and PS4 are about on par with PS4 having a slight edge in performance.

I also hear about cows and lems argue over parity. However we went through this last generation with the PS3 holding back the 360 when it came to multiplats. The game looks great on both.

wow. couldn't agree more. +1

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60712 Posts

Well its pretty much a PS4 exclusive with all that extra content, so I'll just be safe and get it for that.

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 RoboCopISJesus
Member since 2004 • 2225 Posts

Welcome to 10 years ago.

sam890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 sam890
Member since 2005 • 1119 Posts

@scottpsfan14 said:
@sam890 said:

PC master race? Racists.

:'(

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By Antwan3K
Member since 2005 • 8046 Posts

@AzatiS: again, I'm not saying that the June SDK is the Xbox Ones's savior and totally makes up for the PS4 hardware advantage..

"parity" is defined as: close or exact; equivalence.. for the most practical and realistic purposes, parity between two games would be whether or not those two games look and play at virtually the same level.. for example, Watch Dogs running at 1080p/30fps upscaled looks virtually identical on both the Xbox One and PS4.. sure, if you want to dig deeper into the native resolution of 792p vs 900p and if you want to reference small lighting details like AO from deep graphical analysis from a site like Digital Foundry, you can argue the contrary.. but in real-life, two normal people who didn't research these two games prior to looking at them would swear that Watch Dogs on PS4 and Xbox One look exactly the same.. at it's most basic definition, that's "parity".. now if you want to say that that Watch Dogs on Xbox One didn't reach parity with the PS4 version in terms of the pure numerical value of 792 vs 900, then fine.. but the end results are still that the two games that look nearly indistinguishable to the naked eye under normal circumstances with no prior knowledge of native resolution differences.. now Destiny has reached "parity" in terms of the pure numerical value of "1080p".. the end result is again a game that looks virtually identical on both consoles.. this basically means parity was achieved..

Long story short: you seem to want to imply that "parity" requires that every single detail, no matter how small, needs to be exactly the same in order to meet that criteria.. that's virtually impossible.. there will always be some extremely microscopic difference to be found if you look long and hard enough, so your definition of parity is nearly unobtainable.. again, in the real world, "parity" is simply answering the question: do these two games look and play the same?.. even in the case of a 792p native vs 900p native game like Watch Dogs, the vast majority of people (ie non-fanboys) looking at the two games running upscale to 1080p on a 52" television sitting a normal distance away would say "yes"..

And I totally understand your point.. I understand it, but I simply disagree.. I've said it once and i'll say it again: if you need an external source to dissect two games with test equipment in order to notice any differences, those differences were trivial..

And while we're here, what's your opinion on "feature parity"?.. as I've illustrated before, the Xbox One has many additional features and options, particularly hardware features like a HDMI-input and OS features like split screen multitasking, that the PS4 can't match in it's current configuration.. can you at least admit that not everyone is interested in trivial visual differences at the sacrifice of more noticeable feature and option differences?.. just because a PS4 multiplatform game looks slightly better under a microscope doesn't mean it provides a better experience for me if I have to miss out on all the extra features on the Xbox One in terms of OS and UI.. unless the visual differences between the PS4 and Xbox One versions of games are painfully obvious, it still basically boils down to personal preference.. I personally enjoy being able to catch up on a Netflix TV series like Dexter or The Walking Dead in splitscreen while hunting achievements and then seamlessly being able to switch either the Netflix app or the game to fullscreen with a click of a button and/or check another application all without missing a beat.. I can do that on the Xbox One, I can't do that on the PS4..

But yea, I agree, we have a long time to figure this out.. both consoles will be updated and developers will also become more comfortable with both.. should be interesting.. I predict that multiplatform games will reach a more consistent level of parity in terms of pure numbers like "1080p" and PS4 exclusives will have noticeably better visuals when compared to similar Xbox One exclusives but ultimately all the games will look impressive.. and yes, some of that parity in multiplatform games will be a result of developers aiming for "parity".. PS4 fanboys are going to have to realize that devs aren't going to alienate half of their fanbase just to appeal to fanboy desires to have ammo in the console wars.. it's just not a good business practice.. publishers like EA and Ubisoft are going to want to ensure their games run equally on both consoles in order to maximize sales and minimize drama.. so yea, that "50% power difference" will mainly make it's appearance in Sony first-party exclusives which will result in apples-to-oranges comparisons to Xbox One first-party exclusives (ie Halo vs Killzone and Forza vs Gran Tourismo).. if you disagree, I respect your opinion.. we'll just have to wait and see..

Rob9999991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 Rob9999991
Member since 2013 • 114 Posts

@PCgameruk:

At least we console gamers get the best exclusives on the planet. But you PC Master Wasters get the best version of COD.. Talk about pissing your money away. LOL, now that's embarrassing!

Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By Tessellation
Member since 2009 • 9297 Posts

lol silversix_ tears are tasty,dat butthurt screams volumes.

hehe101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#173 hehe101
Member since 2011 • 734 Posts

@sam890 said:

Xbox is being sold for more than PS4, wonder who really are the peasants.

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 RoboCopISJesus
Member since 2004 • 2225 Posts

Tell me its not 30 fps....for a multiplayer game lmao....is it?